|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 5, Radio & Age 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
(a) The Chicago World's Fair.
(b) A bad radio experiment.
(c) A scientists' meeting in London.
(d) The World Congress.
2. With what device does Nikola Tesla achieve tensions of about one million volts?
(a) Spherical coil.
(b) Linear coil.
(c) Cylindrical coil.
(d) Conical coil.
3. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
(a) Buy Thomas Edison's company.
(b) Travel in Europe.
(c) Form his own company.
(d) Invest in other businesses.
4. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
(a) He improves Edison's laboratory.
(b) He invents new types of light bulbs.
(c) He fixes a ship's lighting plant.
(d) He improves direct current.
5. After Mark Twain and J. Pierpont Morgan die, what happens to Nikola Tesla's behavior?
(a) It becomes erratic.
(b) It becomes stranger.
(c) It becomes more upbeat.
(d) It becomes depressing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what 1896 publication is there speculation about Nikola Tesla's status with women?
2. In what city does Nikola Tesla give a lecture to the Institution of Electrical Engineers?
3. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
4. What trait is suspected by some about Nikola Tesla during the Gilded Age?
5. To where does Nikola Tesla begin to write letters at age fifty?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)