|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 5, Radio & Age 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
(a) Stock in Thomas Edison's company.
(b) A $10/week raise.
(c) Vacation days.
(d) A $50,000 bonus.
2. Why does Nikola Tesla choose room 207 at the Alta Vista Hotel?
(a) The number 207 is divisible by three and one flight up.
(b) The number 207 reminds him of his mother.
(c) It is the only room available.
(d) It has a window.
3. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
(a) The Thomas Edisons.
(b) The George Westinghouses.
(c) The Thomas Commerfod Martins.
(d) The Robert Underwood Johnsons.
4. How does Nikola Tesla feel when he sees his experiment in progress?
5. In what year does the U.S. Supreme Court strike down the Marconi Company patents for the invention of radio?
Short Answer Questions
1. What major German invention in 1896 is most likely predated by Nikola Tesla's version?
2. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
3. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
4. Who broadcasts voice and music programs in 1906 and 1907 based on Nikola Tesla's radio design and principles?
5. What does Nikola Tesla believe can be produced on Earth with an oscillator?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)