|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 5, Radio & Age 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major German invention in 1896 is most likely predated by Nikola Tesla's version?
(a) The radio.
(b) The fluorescent light bulb.
(c) The vacuum tube.
(d) The x-ray.
2. In Chapter 10, "An Error of Judgment," to what does Nikola Tesla expose his head frequently?
(d) Radio waves.
3. For what type of transmission is Nikola Tesla's research a precursor in around 1895?
(b) Radio wave.
4. Who broadcasts voice and music programs in 1906 and 1907 based on Nikola Tesla's radio design and principles?
(a) William Marconi.
(b) Professor Pupin.
(c) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(d) Reginald A. Fessenden.
5. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are balloons ordered?
2. With what device does Nikola Tesla achieve tensions of about one million volts?
3. What happens to horses when Nikola Tesla is running his Colorado Springs experiments?
4. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
5. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)