|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 5, Radio & Age 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
(a) It is robbed.
(b) It is raided by police.
(c) It is made larger.
(d) It catches fire.
2. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
3. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
(a) Voltage system.
(b) Fluorescent bulb system.
(c) DC system.
(d) Polyphase system.
4. What major German invention in 1896 is most likely predated by Nikola Tesla's version?
(a) The vacuum tube.
(b) The radio.
(c) The fluorescent light bulb.
(d) The x-ray.
5. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
(a) He improves Edison's laboratory.
(b) He invents new types of light bulbs.
(c) He improves direct current.
(d) He fixes a ship's lighting plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
2. How does Nikola Tesla feel when he sees his experiment in progress?
3. Who contributed $30,000 toward the building of the new research station?
4. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
5. From what financier does Nikola Tesla choose NOT to accept funds?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)