|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 5, Radio & Age 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla believe can be produced on Earth with an oscillator?
(a) Stationary pulses.
(b) Stationary waves.
(c) Nuclear power.
(d) Remote electricity.
2. What happens to the electric company generator when Nikola Tesla runs his experiment?
(a) It discharges and quits.
(b) It knocks the generator off line and makes it burn.
(d) It restores the generator to the line.
3. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
(a) GE delivers electricity first.
(b) Electrical lines are strung over the falls.
(c) George Westinghouse begins a new company.
(d) Westinghouse is ready to deliver 15,000 horsepower of electricity.
4. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
(a) It is raided by police.
(b) It is robbed.
(c) It is made larger.
(d) It catches fire.
5. In what city does Nikola Tesla give a lecture to the Institution of Electrical Engineers?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides being an inventor, for what other role is Nikola Tesla known?
2. How does Nikola Tesla sometimes feel because he has not married?
3. For what type of transmission is Nikola Tesla's research a precursor in around 1895?
4. In 1906, what type of model does Nikola Tesla build?
5. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)