|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 5, Radio & Age 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are balloons ordered?
(a) To hoist stationary antennae into the air.
(b) To celebrate the completion of an experiment.
(c) To anchor the equipment.
(d) For the enjoyment of local children.
2. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
3. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
(a) The Thomas Commerfod Martins.
(b) The Robert Underwood Johnsons.
(c) The George Westinghouses.
(d) The Thomas Edisons.
4. In 1906, what type of model does Nikola Tesla build?
(a) A new lightning machine.
(b) A new AC dynamo.
(c) A bladeless turbine.
(d) A magnesium copper lamp.
5. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
(a) They have different hygiene.
(b) They solve problems differently.
(c) They have different schedules.
(d) They have different religious beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the U.S. Supreme Court strike down the Marconi Company patents for the invention of radio?
2. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
3. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
4. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
5. What happens to the electric company generator when Nikola Tesla runs his experiment?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)