|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 5, Radio & Age 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what device does Nikola Tesla achieve tensions of about one million volts?
(a) Cylindrical coil.
(b) Conical coil.
(c) Linear coil.
(d) Spherical coil.
2. What major German invention in 1896 is most likely predated by Nikola Tesla's version?
(a) The radio.
(b) The vacuum tube.
(c) The fluorescent light bulb.
(d) The x-ray.
3. In what year does the U.S. Supreme Court strike down the Marconi Company patents for the invention of radio?
4. When does Nikola Tesla perform a major experiment in his Colorado Springs laboratory?
(a) June 27, 1899.
(b) September 1, 1899.
(c) July 3, 1899.
(d) August 5, 1899.
5. In what 1896 publication is there speculation about Nikola Tesla's status with women?
(a) The Wall Street Journal.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Electrical Review.
(d) The Electrical Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trait is suspected by some about Nikola Tesla during the Gilded Age?
2. How does Nikola Tesla sometimes feel because he has not married?
3. In how many days does Nikola Tesla think the turbine can drive ocean liners across the Atlantic?
4. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
5. Who contributed $30,000 toward the building of the new research station?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)