|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 5, Radio & Age 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are balloons ordered?
(a) To hoist stationary antennae into the air.
(b) To anchor the equipment.
(c) To celebrate the completion of an experiment.
(d) For the enjoyment of local children.
2. To where does Nikola Tesla begin to write letters at age fifty?
3. After Mark Twain and J. Pierpont Morgan die, what happens to Nikola Tesla's behavior?
(a) It becomes more upbeat.
(b) It becomes erratic.
(c) It becomes depressing.
(d) It becomes stranger.
4. Where is Nikola Tesla when he watches his Colorado Springs experiment?
(a) A chair in the middle of the room.
(b) Next to the switch.
(d) In the doorway of the laboratory.
5. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
2. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
3. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
4. In what city does Nikola Tesla give a lecture to the Institution of Electrical Engineers?
5. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)