|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 5, Radio & Age 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what is the invention that most fascinates Nikola Tesla followers?
(a) The transmitter.
(b) The remote controlled ship.
(c) The Copper Button Lamp.
(d) The valve.
2. In Chapter 10, "An Error of Judgment," to what does Nikola Tesla expose his head frequently?
(b) Radio waves.
3. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
(a) It is robbed.
(b) It is raided by police.
(c) It catches fire.
(d) It is made larger.
4. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
(a) DC system.
(b) Fluorescent bulb system.
(c) Voltage system.
(d) Polyphase system.
5. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
(a) A scientists' meeting in London.
(b) The Chicago World's Fair.
(c) A bad radio experiment.
(d) The World Congress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
2. Besides being an inventor, for what other role is Nikola Tesla known?
3. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
4. To where does Nikola Tesla begin to write letters at age fifty?
5. How much does Nikola Tesla's 1906 invention weigh?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)