|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 5, Radio & Age 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
2. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
(a) Roaming in his native mountains.
(b) Touring Zagreb.
(c) Doing research in Budapest.
(d) Visiting his mother's grave.
3. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
(a) They have different schedules.
(b) They have different religious beliefs.
(c) They have different hygiene.
(d) They solve problems differently.
4. In what year does the U.S. Supreme Court strike down the Marconi Company patents for the invention of radio?
5. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
(a) Electrical systems for ships.
(b) The electric light bulb.
(c) His dynamos.
(d) His direct current laboratory.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
2. When does Nikola Tesla perform a major experiment in his Colorado Springs laboratory?
3. Who broadcasts voice and music programs in 1906 and 1907 based on Nikola Tesla's radio design and principles?
4. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
5. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)