|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 5, Radio & Age 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the vibration of heavy current surges through the primary coil, what phenomenon is the result?
2. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
(a) They have different hygiene.
(b) They solve problems differently.
(c) They have different schedules.
(d) They have different religious beliefs.
3. What happens to horses when Nikola Tesla is running his Colorado Springs experiments?
(a) They return to the barn.
(b) They starve.
(c) They go berserk, feeling shocks through their metal shoes.
(d) They die.
4. In Chapter 10, "An Error of Judgment," to what does Nikola Tesla expose his head frequently?
(a) Radio waves.
5. How does Nikola Tesla feel when he sees his experiment in progress?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
2. What major German invention in 1896 is most likely predated by Nikola Tesla's version?
3. After Mark Twain and J. Pierpont Morgan die, what happens to Nikola Tesla's behavior?
4. What does Nikola Tesla believe can be produced on Earth with an oscillator?
5. In what year does the U.S. Supreme Court strike down the Marconi Company patents for the invention of radio?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)