|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 5, Radio & Age 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
(a) The engineers at the Chicago World's Fair.
(b) The International Congress.
(c) The United States Congress.
(d) The Electrical Congress.
2. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
(a) They have different hygiene.
(b) They solve problems differently.
(c) They have different schedules.
(d) They have different religious beliefs.
3. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
(a) Westinghouse is ready to deliver 15,000 horsepower of electricity.
(b) Electrical lines are strung over the falls.
(c) GE delivers electricity first.
(d) George Westinghouse begins a new company.
4. Besides being an inventor, for what other role is Nikola Tesla known?
5. Why are balloons ordered?
(a) To hoist stationary antennae into the air.
(b) To celebrate the completion of an experiment.
(c) To anchor the equipment.
(d) For the enjoyment of local children.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
2. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
3. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
4. With what device does Nikola Tesla achieve tensions of about one million volts?
5. To where does Nikola Tesla begin to write letters at age fifty?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)