|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 5, Radio & Age 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what type of transmission is Nikola Tesla's research a precursor in around 1895?
(c) Radio wave.
2. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
(a) It is made larger.
(b) It catches fire.
(c) It is raided by police.
(d) It is robbed.
3. How much does Nikola Tesla's 1906 invention weigh?
(a) 30 pounds.
(b) Less than 20 pounds.
(c) Less than 10 pounds.
(d) Between 30 and 40 pounds.
4. Why are balloons ordered?
(a) To anchor the equipment.
(b) To hoist stationary antennae into the air.
(c) To celebrate the completion of an experiment.
(d) For the enjoyment of local children.
5. What does Nikola Tesla believe can be produced on Earth with an oscillator?
(a) Remote electricity.
(b) Nuclear power.
(c) Stationary waves.
(d) Stationary pulses.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
2. Why is Nikola Tesla's vacuum tube unsuitable for laboratory research?
3. Who contributed $30,000 toward the building of the new research station?
4. How does Nikola Tesla feel when he sees his experiment in progress?
5. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)