Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 5, Radio & Age 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nikola Tesla feel when he sees his experiment in progress?
2. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
(a) A new light bulb.
(b) A new generator.
(c) A DC motor.
(d) The Tesla arc lamp.
3. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
(a) GE delivers electricity first.
(b) Westinghouse is ready to deliver 15,000 horsepower of electricity.
(c) Electrical lines are strung over the falls.
(d) George Westinghouse begins a new company.
4. In 1906, what type of model does Nikola Tesla build?
(a) A new lightning machine.
(b) A new AC dynamo.
(c) A bladeless turbine.
(d) A magnesium copper lamp.
5. To where does Nikola Tesla begin to write letters at age fifty?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the vibration of heavy current surges through the primary coil, what phenomenon is the result?
2. From what financier does Nikola Tesla choose NOT to accept funds?
3. Why are balloons ordered?
4. How much does Nikola Tesla's 1906 invention weigh?
5. What does Nikola Tesla believe can be produced on Earth with an oscillator?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)