|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 2, The Inventor's 60s.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Nikola Tesla give a lecture to the Institution of Electrical Engineers?
(b) New York.
2. In what 1896 publication is there speculation about Nikola Tesla's status with women?
(a) The Electrical Times.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Wall Street Journal.
(d) The Electrical Review.
3. What is the location of the tower that Nikola Tesla builds for his experiment on Long Island?
(a) Oyster Point.
(c) The Hamptons.
4. What is being manufactured at Wardenclyffe?
(b) Medical coils.
(c) Lightning generators.
(d) Copper button lamps.
5. For what publication does Nikola Tesla write about women's superiority?
(a) The New Yorker.
(d) The Harvard Review.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Nikola Tesla file a patent to describe the supercooling of conductors to appreciably lower resistance?
2. Who uses Nikola Tesla's 1900 radio patent to signal the letter "S" across the Atlantic ocean?
3. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
4. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
5. How old is writer Kenneth M. Swezey when he arrives in New York City?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)