|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 2, The Inventor's 60s.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
(a) Katherine Johnson.
(b) Marguerite Merington.
(c) Ann Morgan.
(d) Nellie Melba.
2. What is rumored to have been developed in 1924 by Nikola Tesla?
(a) A death ray.
(b) A warhead.
(c) A torpedo.
(d) A new oscillator.
3. In 1927, who tries to help Nikola Tesla with the promotion of a scientific concept?
(a) Francis A. Fitzgerald.
(c) John Hays Hammond, Jr.
(d) Robert Underwood Johnson.
4. How old is writer Kenneth M. Swezey when he arrives in New York City?
5. What trait is suspected by some about Nikola Tesla during the Gilded Age?
(a) He is a homosexual.
(b) He is bipolar.
(c) He is passive aggressive.
(d) He is a virgin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Eisenbud suggest about Nikola Tesla's mental condition?
2. Who writes letters to Nikola Tesla from around the country, trying to encourage him about better health?
3. In what year does the Great Depression begin?
4. What is being manufactured at Wardenclyffe?
5. Who funds Nikola Tesla's big Long Island experiment?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)