|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 2, The Inventor's 60s.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being manufactured at Wardenclyffe?
(a) Medical coils.
(b) Copper button lamps.
(c) Lightning generators.
2. For what experiment does Nikola Tesla solicit funding in New York in 1900?
(a) Telegraphic communication to any point on the globe.
(b) A new oscillator.
(c) A lightning generator.
(d) A new carbon button lamp.
3. What is rumored to have been developed in 1924 by Nikola Tesla?
(a) A warhead.
(b) A torpedo.
(c) A death ray.
(d) A new oscillator.
4. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
(a) The Thomas Edisons.
(b) The Robert Underwood Johnsons.
(c) The Thomas Commerfod Martins.
(d) The George Westinghouses.
5. Who uses Nikola Tesla's 1900 radio patent to signal the letter "S" across the Atlantic ocean?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what bird is Nikola Tesla enamored?
2. What is the location of the tower that Nikola Tesla builds for his experiment on Long Island?
3. What trait is suspected by some about Nikola Tesla during the Gilded Age?
4. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
5. Whom does Lt. Hobson try to interest in robotry as a way to raise funds for Nikola Tesla?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)