|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 2, The Inventor's 60s.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
(a) Ann Morgan.
(b) Marguerite Merington.
(c) Katherine Johnson.
(d) Nellie Melba.
2. In what city does Nikola Tesla give a lecture to the Institution of Electrical Engineers?
(d) New York.
3. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
(a) The Chicago World's Fair.
(b) The World Congress.
(c) A bad radio experiment.
(d) A scientists' meeting in London.
4. With what bird is Nikola Tesla enamored?
(c) Blue jay.
5. in 1902, what engineer supports the work Nikola Tesla is doing?
(a) Julian Hawthorne.
(b) Fritz Lowenstein.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) Lord Kelvin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes letters to Nikola Tesla from around the country, trying to encourage him about better health?
2. In 1927, who tries to help Nikola Tesla with the promotion of a scientific concept?
3. In what year does the Great Depression begin?
4. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
5. Who funds Nikola Tesla's big Long Island experiment?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)