|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 2, The Inventor's 60s.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes letters to Nikola Tesla from around the country, trying to encourage him about better health?
(a) Katherine Johnson.
(b) George Westinghouse.
(d) Lt. Hobson.
2. In what year does the Great Depression begin?
3. In what year does Nikola Tesla file a patent to describe the supercooling of conductors to appreciably lower resistance?
4. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
(a) Visiting his mother's grave.
(b) Doing research in Budapest.
(c) Touring Zagreb.
(d) Roaming in his native mountains.
5. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
(a) The Chicago World's Fair.
(b) The World Congress.
(c) A scientists' meeting in London.
(d) A bad radio experiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
2. In what decade is Prohibition enacted?
3. Who funds Nikola Tesla's big Long Island experiment?
4. With what bird is Nikola Tesla enamored?
5. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)