Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 1, Introductions & The First 2 Chapters
* The book introduction describes the writings about and by Nikola Tesla.
* Nikola Tesla, a tall, slender brown-haired inventor, is well-connected.
* He is the fourth child in a family of seven children; two older siblings die at a young age.
* Nikola Tesla's mother is a brilliant inventor, creating practical inventions.
* Nikola is expected by his father to become a clergyman.
* In his lab, Nikola demonstrates an invention that allows him to live through experiencing high voltage.
Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 2, Immigrants & the Power of Thomas Edison
* Nikola Tesla gets a job at a telegraph office in Hungary.
* He then works with a company owned by Thomas Edison, becoming an electrical engineer. He works with alternating current. Thomas Edison, however, favors direct current.
* Nikola Tesla moves to America when he is twenty-eight. He begins working with Thomas Edison, helping him solve a...
This section contains 1,355 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)