|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Scott Coleman and his men meet up with Michael O'Rourke and travel to Higgins' estate for what purpose?
2. Where does Scott Coleman go to lose those who are following him?
3. Michael O'Rourke is fed up with both Nance and Garret, and, turning his attention to the latter, he demands that he confess or else what?
4. Nance figures that until he must resign, he can do what?
5. Michael O'Rourke contacts McMahon and convinces him that he has information about who's deaths?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although reluctant at first, Kennedy and McMahon go for a ride with Michael O'Rourke to do what?
2. What happens at the White House when Stansfield notifies Stevens and his cabinet that Higgins has been kidnapped?
3. When the tape is done and both Nance and Garret deny that it is valid, what does Michael O'Rourke do?
4. What takes place in the meeting between Nance and Garret after Higgins' body is found?
5. What happens when Stansfield calls the President to determine if he is knows where Nance and Garret are?
6. How does the author further the "Good" as opposed to "Evil" theme?
7. How does Stansfield make his way to the Nance ranch to rescue Michael O'Rourke?
8. Chapter 45 provides what final elements of the "Consequences" theme?
9. Meanwhile, what happens back at Nance's ranch when Stevens gets through to him?
10. What does Kennedy discover while studying the Special Forces personnel files?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On which side of the "Good versus Evil" theme is Senator Erik Olson in "Term Limits?" What actions does he take that qualify him for that position?
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of hubris expanded upon in Chapter 6? The politicians making key decisions are missing what in regard to how real the threat is?
Essay Topic 3
Chapters 43 and 44 are filled with symbolism. When Michael O'Rourke spits blood at Nance, the National Security Adviser is covered which is symbolic of what? Nance is responsible for which deaths and how?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)