|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Feeling he has nothing to lose, Nance tells Garret that he would like to have what with Michael O'Rourke to find out what he knows and get some payback for his broken nose?
2. When the tape is done playing, Nance accuses Stansfield of faking the recording or doing what?
3. When Garret screams out, what does Nance do?
4. When Stansfield calls the number, Michael O'Rourke's girlfriend says he has been abducted, and she will go to the media if he is not back within how long?
5. In accordance with CIA procedure, Higgins' residence is called and what transpires?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information do Michael O'Rourke and Scott Coleman exchange at the end of Chapter 30?
2. What does Kennedy tell McMahon at a meeting in the Pentagon?
3. During a meeting with McMahon the following day, Kennedy calls General Heaney in to join them and tell him what?
4. What do Hackett and Stroble do after the attack on Higgins' estate?
5. What happens at the White House when Stansfield notifies Stevens and his cabinet that Higgins has been kidnapped?
6. Chapter 45 provides what final elements of the "Consequences" theme?
7. What happens when Stansfield calls the President to determine if he is knows where Nance and Garret are?
8. Although reluctant at first, Kennedy and McMahon go for a ride with Michael O'Rourke to do what?
9. How does Stansfield make his way to the Nance ranch to rescue Michael O'Rourke?
10. What happens with Garret and Nance when Stansfield returns and says he will be playing a tape that was left at Michael O'Rourke's door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Vince Flynn use a reverse storytelling technique in Chapter 33 for Admiral DeVoe's explaining what happened during Operation Snatch Back that led Scott Coleman to kill Senator Fitzgerald?
Essay Topic 2
How does Michael O'Rourke's friendship with Scott Coleman place him in a gray area? How does the author's provocative approach to his character's development add a very interesting aspect to the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does the symbolism of the assassin dressed as an elderly veteran in Arlington Cemetery contrast with that of the political characters in Chapter 17? What do his prayers reflect?
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)