|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back at Nance's ranch, Michael O'Rourke regains consciousness and taunts which individual who gets nervous?
2. Michael O'Rourke's girlfriend leaves a message for Stansfield that she is with a Washington paper and will go to press with all she has on Garret and Nance if he does not call her back how fast?
3. Feeling he has nothing to lose, Nance tells Garret that he would like to have what with Michael O'Rourke to find out what he knows and get some payback for his broken nose?
4. In Chapter 40, Nance is at his horse ranch in Maryland where he is under orders to resign by when?
5. Scott Coleman and Michael O'Rourke drive back to Michael's home with Higgins where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What transpires in another meeting with McMahon, Roach, Kennedy, and Stansfield?
2. What happens at the White House when Stansfield notifies Stevens and his cabinet that Higgins has been kidnapped?
3. What does Roach relay to McMahon in Chapter 33 regarding Fitzgerald?
4. What happens with Garret and Nance when Stansfield returns and says he will be playing a tape that was left at Michael O'Rourke's door?
5. Why do Michael O'Rourke and Scott Coleman decide to leave Higgins' body in front of Garret's home?
6. What does Dobbs tell Stansfield upon the arrival of Jarod at Nance's ranch?
7. How do Scott Coleman and those with him launch an assault on Higgins' estate?
8. What takes place in the meeting between Nance and Garret after Higgins' body is found?
9. Why do Scott Coleman and Michael O'Rourke decide to kidnap, rather than kill, Higgins at his home?
10. What does Michael O'Rourke tell his girlfriend transpired when Stansfield played the tape in front of Nance and Garret?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the symbolism of the assassin dressed as an elderly veteran in Arlington Cemetery contrast with that of the political characters in Chapter 17? What do his prayers reflect?
Essay Topic 2
In the press conference in Chapter 4, how does the author provide a good example of the performance skills that are necessary for successful politicians?
Essay Topic 3
What games are being played in the White House that the author explores in Chapter 10? Who is pulling most of the strings? What are some examples? What false information is being fed to the Speaker of the House? What is Mike Nance encouraging the President to do with the FBI?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)