|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One assassinated politician leaked information to a bartender, who sold it to a "reporter" who turned out to be a former analyst for what agency, but now sells information to the highest bidder?
2. Who suspects that it was Olson who told Michael O'Rourke that Fitzgerald leaked the information about Scott Coleman's mission and got his men killed?
3. The SEALs said that, following Operation Snatch Back, they felt which terrorists that they were sent to assassinate were not surprised by their arrival?
4. Stansfield tells Stevens that either Garret explains his involvement with Higgins to Stansfield under protection of the National Secrecy Act, or he will be deposed on the record by which agency?
5. After dumping Higgins' body, Scott Coleman returns to his home where he does what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michael O'Rourke tell his girlfriend transpired when Stansfield played the tape in front of Nance and Garret?
2. Why do Michael O'Rourke and Scott Coleman decide to leave Higgins' body in front of Garret's home?
3. How do Michael O'Rourke, Scott Coleman, and his team observe Higgins' estate?
4. What transpires in another meeting with McMahon, Roach, Kennedy, and Stansfield?
5. What takes place back at the CIA Operations Center after Stroble and Hackett escape with Tim O'Rourke?
6. What takes place as the guards patrol Higgins' estate grounds?
7. What information do Michael O'Rourke and Scott Coleman exchange at the end of Chapter 30?
8. What takes place in the meeting between Nance and Garret after Higgins' body is found?
9. How do Scott Coleman and those with him launch an assault on Higgins' estate?
10. In Chapter 37, what does Scott Coleman discover upon initially returning to his apartment after dumping Higgins' body outside Garret's residence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On which side of the "Good versus Evil" theme is Senator Erik Olson in "Term Limits?" What actions does he take that qualify him for that position?
Essay Topic 2
How does the symbolism of the assassin dressed as an elderly veteran in Arlington Cemetery contrast with that of the political characters in Chapter 17? What do his prayers reflect?
Essay Topic 3
The author employs a continued pattern of foreshadowing that runs throughout his book, and is important as it provides harbingers that are indicative of what will transpire later in the story. In Chapter 7, what foreshadowing does Michael O'Rourke's mysterious phone call with Seamus provide? Why is Flynn's use of foreshadowing in Chapter 16 so critical to the tale? Where else is foreshadowing employed in "Term Limits?"
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)