|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stansfield calls the number, Michael O'Rourke's girlfriend says he has been abducted, and she will go to the media if he is not back within how long?
2. Stansfield asks Dr. Kennedy to run a background check on which individual to see if he has any connections to the assassins?
3. While walking in the terminal, Michael O'Rourke and his girlfriend hear part of a news broadcast announcing that Nance is dead, apparently dying how?
4. Michael O'Rourke tells Scott Coleman what Jackson said, from the murder of the French politicians to the motive Higgins may have for killing which victim?
5. What does Nance tell Garret about Higgins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 45 provides what final elements of the "Consequences" theme?
2. What do Hackett and Stroble do after the attack on Higgins' estate?
3. Who is Sam Jarvi?
4. When the tape is done and both Nance and Garret deny that it is valid, what does Michael O'Rourke do?
5. What does Kennedy discover while studying the Special Forces personnel files?
6. How do Scott Coleman and those with him launch an assault on Higgins' estate?
7. What happens when Stansfield calls the President to determine if he is knows where Nance and Garret are?
8. What takes place back at the CIA Operations Center after Stroble and Hackett escape with Tim O'Rourke?
9. How does the author further the "Good" as opposed to "Evil" theme?
10. Meanwhile, what happens back at Nance's ranch when Stevens gets through to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What games are being played in the White House that the author explores in Chapter 10? Who is pulling most of the strings? What are some examples? What false information is being fed to the Speaker of the House? What is Mike Nance encouraging the President to do with the FBI?
Essay Topic 2
What is the symbolism employed in placing Arthur's body at Garret's home?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 38, the Consequences theme is developed among multiple characters. What consequences does Stansfield face that are caused by his agency's use of an uncontrollable agent who is guilty of murdering foreign diplomats? What consequences are Garret and Nance facing? Michael O'Rourke is nervous about what consequences based on his knowledge of Scott Coleman's and Seamus' role in the assassinations and his own participation in Arthur's kidnapping and death?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)