|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 3 shows a brash side of Congressman O'Rourke that establishes his physical abilities and reminds the reader of Michael's what?
2. What does Garret tell the National Security adviser he worries the deaths of Koslowski and Basset will do?
3. What does the President's Chief of Staff advise him to do if he becomes uncomfortable during an upcoming press conference?
4. The President suspends all official business until when?
5. After Basset's death, a recorded message using a computerize voice is received at the ABC television network via what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 15 is short and addresses what?
2. What measures do the assassins take in killing Speaker Basset?
3. What is some important information about Michael O'Rourke's background that the reader learns in Chapter 7?
4. Why does Michael O'Rourke carry a concealed gun?
5. Gus Mitchell indicates that it appears the assassins are commandos, that they have planned the murders over some time, and they would have taken advantage of what?
6. What does Chapter 5 begin to follow?
7. What is President Stevens doing in his meeting with Stu Garret and Mark Dickson at the start of Chapter 2?
8. What transportation arrangements does Warch make in Chapter 17 between the White House and Camp David?
9. What happens during the meeting Stevens has with his advisers following Olson's assassination?
10. What does the file that Jackson gives to Michael O'Rourke contain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 38, the Consequences theme is developed among multiple characters. What consequences does Stansfield face that are caused by his agency's use of an uncontrollable agent who is guilty of murdering foreign diplomats? What consequences are Garret and Nance facing? Michael O'Rourke is nervous about what consequences based on his knowledge of Scott Coleman's and Seamus' role in the assassinations and his own participation in Arthur's kidnapping and death?
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of hubris expanded upon in Chapter 6? The politicians making key decisions are missing what in regard to how real the threat is?
Essay Topic 3
How does the symbolism of the assassin dressed as an elderly veteran in Arlington Cemetery contrast with that of the political characters in Chapter 17? What do his prayers reflect?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)