|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the assassin kill Senator Daniel Fitzgerald?
2. Where do Seamus and Michael O'Rourke travel to meet with Augie Jackson?
3. Stevens arrives at Camp David and asks a senior agent how the killers knew what?
4. Jackson tells the O'Rourke men that he believes who is responsible for the deaths of Olson and Turnquist?
5. Who is guarding Congressman Burt Turnquist when the assassins kill him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of security system does Higgins employ at his personal residence?
2. What are some of the things FBI Special Agent Skip McMahon recognizes upon his arrival at the three assassination scenes?
3. What does Chapter 5 begin to follow?
4. At Blacky's Bar, what does Michael O'Rourke tell his girlfriend about the killers?
5. Why is Scarlatti upset in Chapter 16?
6. How is Olson assassinated?
7. During the Situation Room meeting, McMahon plays the recording he received, and what do General Heaney and Dr. Irene Kennedy do?
8. What is some important information about Michael O'Rourke's background that the reader learns in Chapter 7?
9. Why does Michael O'Rourke carry a concealed gun?
10. Gus Mitchell indicates that it appears the assassins are commandos, that they have planned the murders over some time, and they would have taken advantage of what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author employs a continued pattern of foreshadowing that runs throughout his book, and is important as it provides harbingers that are indicative of what will transpire later in the story. In Chapter 7, what foreshadowing does Michael O'Rourke's mysterious phone call with Seamus provide? Why is Flynn's use of foreshadowing in Chapter 16 so critical to the tale? Where else is foreshadowing employed in "Term Limits?"
Essay Topic 2
How does Vince Flynn use a reverse storytelling technique in Chapter 33 for Admiral DeVoe's explaining what happened during Operation Snatch Back that led Scott Coleman to kill Senator Fitzgerald?
Essay Topic 3
In what fashion does Michael O'Rourke's involvement in the assassins' mission greatly increase in Chapter 31?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)