|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumor has it that Higgins was forced out of the CIA as they could not control his behavior, and he often did things without whose approval?
2. When McMahon asks why he should believe the caller using a voice modulator, he is reminded of what?
3. Who is the third politician killed by the assassins?
4. Garret feels that by telling the public the murders are an attempt to block the President's budget, they have made Stevens look what?
5. Scott Coleman uses what to contact McMahon and relay information about the killings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message does the old man from the cemetery call and leave for McMahon?
2. What measures do the assassins take in killing Speaker Basset?
3. In Chapter 4, what are some skills that Vince Flynn demonstrates are required of the President?
4. What happens when the Secret Service Agent in charge of Basset's protection, Agent Harry Dorle, goes to the White House after Basset's murder?
5. Why is Scarlatti upset in Chapter 16?
6. How is Congressman Burt Turnquist killed?
7. What does Chapter 5 begin to follow?
8. What happens during the meeting Stevens has with his advisers following Olson's assassination?
9. What sort of security system does Higgins employ at his personal residence?
10. What does the file that Jackson gives to Michael O'Rourke contain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what fashion does Michael O'Rourke's involvement in the assassins' mission greatly increase in Chapter 31?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 38, the Consequences theme is developed among multiple characters. What consequences does Stansfield face that are caused by his agency's use of an uncontrollable agent who is guilty of murdering foreign diplomats? What consequences are Garret and Nance facing? Michael O'Rourke is nervous about what consequences based on his knowledge of Scott Coleman's and Seamus' role in the assassinations and his own participation in Arthur's kidnapping and death?
Essay Topic 3
It appears in Chapter 32 that Michael O'Rourke has joined Scott Coleman's team. If Michael is now going to be involved in kidnapping, and possibly killing, Arthur and his guards, is he still a good guy, or is he now an evil one?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)