|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Scott Coleman uses what to contact McMahon and relay information about the killings?
2. Early in the investigation, McMahon and Kennedy become aware of what?
3. What is the occupation of the individual McMahon and Kennedy meet?
4. Who is the third politician killed by the assassins?
5. Who demands that Secret Service Director Alex Tracy fire Harry Dorle, the agent in charge of Basset's safety?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Speaker of the House Thomas Basset say on television?
2. How is Congressman Burt Turnquist killed?
3. What does McMahon take in when he arrives at the scene of the Turnquist murder?
4. What happens when Michael O'Rourke hangs up on the President?
5. Why is Scarlatti upset in Chapter 16?
6. What happens when the Secret Service Agent in charge of Basset's protection, Agent Harry Dorle, goes to the White House after Basset's murder?
7. What results from Ted Hopkinson's polls in Chapter 10?
8. Gus Mitchell indicates that it appears the assassins are commandos, that they have planned the murders over some time, and they would have taken advantage of what?
9. What message does the old man from the cemetery call and leave for McMahon?
10. What does Augie Jackson tell Seamus and Michael O'Rourke when they travel to Georgia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the symbolism of the assassin dressed as an elderly veteran in Arlington Cemetery contrast with that of the political characters in Chapter 17? What do his prayers reflect?
Essay Topic 2
What games are being played in the White House that the author explores in Chapter 10? Who is pulling most of the strings? What are some examples? What false information is being fed to the Speaker of the House? What is Mike Nance encouraging the President to do with the FBI?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of hubris expanded upon in Chapter 6? The politicians making key decisions are missing what in regard to how real the threat is?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)