Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Garret instructs the President's Communications Director to ensure the public hears whose life stories?
2. Who is guarding Congressman Burt Turnquist when the assassins kill him?
3. McMahon tells his boss that he is getting no cooperation in his attempts to look at the personnel files for which members?
4. In briefing Stevens and his staff about the investigation that has just begun, McMahon quickly grows impatient with whom?
5. What does Olson later do after making the offensive remark to Seamus O'Rourke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place back at the CIA Operations Center after Stroble and Hackett escape with Tim O'Rourke?
2. During the Situation Room meeting, McMahon plays the recording he received, and what do General Heaney and Dr. Irene Kennedy do?
3. Who is Sam Jarvi?
4. At Blacky's Bar, what does Michael O'Rourke tell his girlfriend about the killers?
5. What takes place as the guards patrol Higgins' estate grounds?
6. What happens during the meeting Stevens has with his advisers following Olson's assassination?
7. How does the first chapter begin?
8. Roach and McMahon rush to what meeting in the White House Situation Room in Chapter 28?
9. Gus Mitchell indicates that it appears the assassins are commandos, that they have planned the murders over some time, and they would have taken advantage of what?
10. What does Dobbs tell Stansfield upon the arrival of Jarod at Nance's ranch?
On which side of the "Good versus Evil" theme is Senator Erik Olson in "Term Limits?" What actions does he take that qualify him for that position?
How does the author show in Chapters 24 and 25 how Garret plans to exploit the civilians' deaths to forward his own agenda?
Chapters 43 and 44 are filled with symbolism. When Michael O'Rourke spits blood at Nance, the National Security Adviser is covered which is symbolic of what? Nance is responsible for which deaths and how?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)