|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At his press conference in Chapter 4, the President announces that he has secured enough votes, and the author reveals what about Stevens?
2. Michael O'Rourke meets Scott Coleman at the cabin to discuss Olson's murder and is told what?
3. In Chapter 3, Michael O'Rourke is dictating some notes when which individual, whom he does not know, storms into his office?
4. In briefing Stevens and his staff about the investigation that has just begun, McMahon quickly grows impatient with whom?
5. Olson has given the President how long to make some real changes before exposing his budget sham?
Short Essay Questions
1. Using a mobile scramble phone to call McMahon, what do Michael O'Rourke and Scott Coleman tell him?
2. What takes place at the meeting at Camp David in Chapter 20?
3. What does Speaker of the House Thomas Basset say on television?
4. What transportation arrangements does Warch make in Chapter 17 between the White House and Camp David?
5. What is President Stevens doing in his meeting with Stu Garret and Mark Dickson at the start of Chapter 2?
6. What are some of the things FBI Special Agent Skip McMahon recognizes upon his arrival at the three assassination scenes?
7. What sort of security system does Higgins employ at his personal residence?
8. How does the first chapter begin?
9. Why is Scarlatti upset in Chapter 16?
10. What message does the old man from the cemetery call and leave for McMahon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It appears in Chapter 32 that Michael O'Rourke has joined Scott Coleman's team. If Michael is now going to be involved in kidnapping, and possibly killing, Arthur and his guards, is he still a good guy, or is he now an evil one?
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of hubris expanded upon in Chapter 6? The politicians making key decisions are missing what in regard to how real the threat is?
Essay Topic 3
How does the symbolism of the assassin dressed as an elderly veteran in Arlington Cemetery contrast with that of the political characters in Chapter 17? What do his prayers reflect?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)