|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Director Thomas Stansfield gets a call from Director Brian Roach asking if the CIA thinks the murders are for reasons other than those stated where?
2. Following his meeting at the White House, McMahon picks up Kennedy and goes to meet which individual?
3. What is the President's reaction to Olson's murder?
4. McMahon and his team meet where along the Potomac River where the President's helicopter was left unprotected?
5. Jackson tells the O'Rourke men that he believes who is responsible for the deaths of Olson and Turnquist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What transportation arrangements does Warch make in Chapter 17 between the White House and Camp David?
2. What is President Stevens doing in his meeting with Stu Garret and Mark Dickson at the start of Chapter 2?
3. What is some important information about Michael O'Rourke's background that the reader learns in Chapter 7?
4. What message does the old man from the cemetery call and leave for McMahon?
5. Why does Michael O'Rourke carry a concealed gun?
6. How is Congressman Burt Turnquist killed?
7. What results from Ted Hopkinson's polls in Chapter 10?
8. What are some of the things FBI Special Agent Skip McMahon recognizes upon his arrival at the three assassination scenes?
9. How does the first chapter begin?
10. At Blacky's Bar, what does Michael O'Rourke tell his girlfriend about the killers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways do both Garret and Nance suffer the consequences of their actions when Coleman's group refuses to take responsibility for Olson's and Turnquist' murders?
Essay Topic 2
It appears in Chapter 32 that Michael O'Rourke has joined Scott Coleman's team. If Michael is now going to be involved in kidnapping, and possibly killing, Arthur and his guards, is he still a good guy, or is he now an evil one?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author show in Chapters 24 and 25 how Garret plans to exploit the civilians' deaths to forward his own agenda?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)