|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the President's Chief of Staff do at the close of Chapter 4?
2. What does Olson later do after making the offensive remark to Seamus O'Rourke?
3. What does Garret tell the National Security adviser he worries the deaths of Koslowski and Basset will do?
4. The President suspends all official business until when?
5. After the tape is done playing, Garret and McMahon argue in the Situation Room and who intervenes?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what are some skills that Vince Flynn demonstrates are required of the President?
2. What does Chapter 5 begin to follow?
3. Why does Michael O'Rourke carry a concealed gun?
4. Gus Mitchell indicates that it appears the assassins are commandos, that they have planned the murders over some time, and they would have taken advantage of what?
5. How does the first chapter begin?
6. What does Speaker of the House Thomas Basset say on television?
7. What does Augie Jackson tell Seamus and Michael O'Rourke when they travel to Georgia?
8. What is President Stevens doing in his meeting with Stu Garret and Mark Dickson at the start of Chapter 2?
9. At Blacky's Bar, what does Michael O'Rourke tell his girlfriend about the killers?
10. What does the file that Jackson gives to Michael O'Rourke contain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolism employed in placing Arthur's body at Garret's home?
Essay Topic 2
How does Chapter 11 explain the motivation behind the assassins' actions?
Essay Topic 3
The O'Rourkes refuse to let Senator Olson stay neutral, but instead force him to pick a side. Which does he choose? What action has redeemed him? How was he out of line earlier with Seamus?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)