|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Congressman Michael O'Rourke end the call when he is telephoned by the President who is seeking his vote for the budget?
2. When Nance is alone with Higgins, he tells Arthur that Warch knows that they blackmailed which legislator?
3. Michael O'Rourke is home contemplating what he has told someone as an assassin is watching him from where?
4. As Michael O'Rourke and Liz Scarlatti go home from Blacky's Bar, he wonders if what he told someone has resulted in what?
5. Following Mark Coleman's death, Michael O'Rourke become more dissatisfied with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What measures do the assassins take in killing Speaker Basset?
2. What takes place at the meeting at Camp David in Chapter 20?
3. In Chapter 4, what are some skills that Vince Flynn demonstrates are required of the President?
4. What results from Ted Hopkinson's polls in Chapter 10?
5. What does Speaker of the House Thomas Basset say on television?
6. What is some important information about Michael O'Rourke's background that the reader learns in Chapter 7?
7. What transportation arrangements does Warch make in Chapter 17 between the White House and Camp David?
8. What does the file that Jackson gives to Michael O'Rourke contain?
9. What happens during the meeting Stevens has with his advisers following Olson's assassination?
10. What sort of security system does Higgins employ at his personal residence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolism employed in placing Arthur's body at Garret's home?
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of hubris expanded upon in Chapter 6? The politicians making key decisions are missing what in regard to how real the threat is?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways do both Garret and Nance suffer the consequences of their actions when Coleman's group refuses to take responsibility for Olson's and Turnquist' murders?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)