|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Seamus and Michael O'Rourke travel to meet with Augie Jackson?
2. Olson has given the President how long to make some real changes before exposing his budget sham?
3. In briefing Stevens and his staff about the investigation that has just begun, McMahon quickly grows impatient with whom?
4. After the tape is done playing, Garret and McMahon argue in the Situation Room and who intervenes?
5. What does Olson later do after making the offensive remark to Seamus O'Rourke?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Scott Coleman and those with him launch an assault on Higgins' estate?
2. What happens during the meeting Stevens has with his advisers following Olson's assassination?
3. How does the first chapter begin?
4. Why do Michael O'Rourke and Scott Coleman decide to leave Higgins' body in front of Garret's home?
5. During the Situation Room meeting, McMahon plays the recording he received, and what do General Heaney and Dr. Irene Kennedy do?
6. Chapter 15 is short and addresses what?
7. Why does Michael O'Rourke carry a concealed gun?
8. What happens at the White House when Stansfield notifies Stevens and his cabinet that Higgins has been kidnapped?
9. How do Michael and Seamus O'Rourke get Senator Olson to talk about the budget summit at Camp David in Chapter 23?
10. What happens when Michael O'Rourke hangs up on the President?
Essay Topic 1
Chapters 43 and 44 are filled with symbolism. When Michael O'Rourke spits blood at Nance, the National Security Adviser is covered which is symbolic of what? Nance is responsible for which deaths and how?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author show in Chapters 24 and 25 how Garret plans to exploit the civilians' deaths to forward his own agenda?
Essay Topic 3
How does Vincent Flynn use the first two chapters to examine the contrast between the personalities of Michael O'Rourke and Stu Garret? In what way do these two characters fall into the ongoing theme of "Good versus Evil?"
This section contains 1,582 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)