Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Garret instructs the President's Communications Director to ensure the public hears whose life stories?
2. Who is guarding Congressman Burt Turnquist when the assassins kill him?
3. McMahon tells his boss that he is getting no cooperation in his attempts to look at the personnel files for which members?
4. In briefing Stevens and his staff about the investigation that has just begun, McMahon quickly grows impatient with whom?
5. What does Olson later do after making the offensive remark to Seamus O'Rourke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place back at the CIA Operations Center after Stroble and Hackett escape with Tim O'Rourke?
2. During the Situation Room meeting, McMahon plays the recording he received, and what do General Heaney and Dr. Irene Kennedy do?
3. Who is Sam Jarvi?
4. At Blacky's Bar, what does Michael O'Rourke tell his girlfriend about the killers?
5. What takes place as the guards patrol Higgins' estate grounds?
6. What happens during the meeting Stevens has with his advisers following Olson's assassination?
7. How does the first chapter begin?
8. Roach and McMahon rush to what meeting in the White House Situation Room in Chapter 28?
9. Gus Mitchell indicates that it appears the assassins are commandos, that they have planned the murders over some time, and they would have taken advantage of what?
10. What does Dobbs tell Stansfield upon the arrival of Jarod at Nance's ranch?
Essay Topic 1
On which side of the "Good versus Evil" theme is Senator Erik Olson in "Term Limits?" What actions does he take that qualify him for that position?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways do both Garret and Nance suffer the consequences of their actions when Coleman's group refuses to take responsibility for Olson's and Turnquist' murders?
Essay Topic 3
The O'Rourkes refuse to let Senator Olson stay neutral, but instead force him to pick a side. Which does he choose? What action has redeemed him? How was he out of line earlier with Seamus?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)