|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Seamus and Michael O'Rourke travel to meet with Augie Jackson?
2. What reason does Jackson give Michael O'Rourke for not going to the agency he names?
3. FBI Special Agent Skip McMahon is responsible for investigating the three political killings and is impressed by what?
4. When it is suggested that Stevens employ increased military security at the White House, what is his response?
5. Garret instructs the President's Communications Director to ensure the public hears whose life stories?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Speaker of the House Thomas Basset say on television?
2. Why is Scarlatti upset in Chapter 16?
3. Why does Michael O'Rourke carry a concealed gun?
4. How does the first chapter begin?
5. Using a mobile scramble phone to call McMahon, what do Michael O'Rourke and Scott Coleman tell him?
6. What happens when Michael O'Rourke hangs up on the President?
7. What message does the old man from the cemetery call and leave for McMahon?
8. What is some important information about Michael O'Rourke's background that the reader learns in Chapter 7?
9. What transportation arrangements does Warch make in Chapter 17 between the White House and Camp David?
10. What does the file that Jackson gives to Michael O'Rourke contain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the press conference in Chapter 4, how does the author provide a good example of the performance skills that are necessary for successful politicians?
Essay Topic 2
How does Chapter 11 explain the motivation behind the assassins' actions?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 38, the Consequences theme is developed among multiple characters. What consequences does Stansfield face that are caused by his agency's use of an uncontrollable agent who is guilty of murdering foreign diplomats? What consequences are Garret and Nance facing? Michael O'Rourke is nervous about what consequences based on his knowledge of Scott Coleman's and Seamus' role in the assassinations and his own participation in Arthur's kidnapping and death?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)