|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At his press conference in Chapter 4, the President announces that he has secured enough votes, and the author reveals what about Stevens?
2. Olson offends Seamus O'Rourke with a comment about his past connection to what organization?
3. Garret feels that by telling the public the murders are an attempt to block the President's budget, they have made Stevens look what?
4. When Michael O'Rourke finds out what is occurring, he insists they inform the FBI of what?
5. What reason does Jackson give Michael O'Rourke for not going to the agency he names?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 15 is short and addresses what?
2. What is some important information about Michael O'Rourke's background that the reader learns in Chapter 7?
3. Roach and McMahon rush to what meeting in the White House Situation Room in Chapter 28?
4. What happens when the Secret Service Agent in charge of Basset's protection, Agent Harry Dorle, goes to the White House after Basset's murder?
5. What message does the old man from the cemetery call and leave for McMahon?
6. During the Situation Room meeting, McMahon plays the recording he received, and what do General Heaney and Dr. Irene Kennedy do?
7. Why is Scarlatti upset in Chapter 16?
8. At Blacky's Bar, what does Michael O'Rourke tell his girlfriend about the killers?
9. What does the file that Jackson gives to Michael O'Rourke contain?
10. What sort of security system does Higgins employ at his personal residence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What games are being played in the White House that the author explores in Chapter 10? Who is pulling most of the strings? What are some examples? What false information is being fed to the Speaker of the House? What is Mike Nance encouraging the President to do with the FBI?
Essay Topic 2
It appears in Chapter 32 that Michael O'Rourke has joined Scott Coleman's team. If Michael is now going to be involved in kidnapping, and possibly killing, Arthur and his guards, is he still a good guy, or is he now an evil one?
Essay Topic 3
The O'Rourkes refuse to let Senator Olson stay neutral, but instead force him to pick a side. Which does he choose? What action has redeemed him? How was he out of line earlier with Seamus?
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)