|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael O'Rourke tells Dr. Kennedy and McMahon that an envelope containing a tape was dropped off on his doorstep when?
(a) That afternoon.
(b) Around midnight.
(c) The evening before.
(d) That morning.
2. Michael O'Rourke's girlfriend arrives home from the grocery store, becomes concerned when he is nowhere to be found, and sees what?
(a) The broken mirror.
(b) The broken vase.
(c) The broken table.
(d) The broken chair.
3. Who at CIA headquarters receives a signal that Higgins' personal alarm has been activated?
(a) Director Roach.
(b) Charlie Dobbs.
(c) Dr. Kennedy.
(d) Director Stansfield.
4. What do the CIA rescue members use at Nance's property to determine how many people are in the house and where they are located?
(a) Thermal imaging.
(b) Frequency modulation synthesis.
(c) Directional microphones.
(d) Electromagnetic radiation.
5. When Scott Coleman calls Stansfield, who is still in the air, he tells Scott he is going where?
(a) Nance's ranch.
(b) The White House.
(c) CIA headquarters.
(d) The Pentagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nance do upon receiving a call while he is dealing with Michael O'Rourke?
2. Feeling he has nothing to lose, Nance tells Garret that he would like to have what with Michael O'Rourke to find out what he knows and get some payback for his broken nose?
3. Her suspicions aroused upon reading Scot Coleman's file, Dr. Kennedy leaves it for Heaney so he can read it when?
4. When Garret hears Higgins' talking on the tape about Olson's and Turnquist's murders, what does he do?
5. Nance tells Higgins he thinks the FBI knows what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with Garret and Nance when Stansfield returns and says he will be playing a tape that was left at Michael O'Rourke's door?
2. Who is Sam Jarvi?
3. Why do Michael O'Rourke and Scott Coleman decide to leave Higgins' body in front of Garret's home?
4. Why do Scott Coleman and Michael O'Rourke decide to kidnap, rather than kill, Higgins at his home?
5. Chapter 45 provides what final elements of the "Consequences" theme?
6. How does the author further the "Good" as opposed to "Evil" theme?
7. In Chapter 37, what does Scott Coleman discover upon initially returning to his apartment after dumping Higgins' body outside Garret's residence?
8. What does Kennedy discover while studying the Special Forces personnel files?
9. What takes place back at the CIA Operations Center after Stroble and Hackett escape with Tim O'Rourke?
10. When the tape is done and both Nance and Garret deny that it is valid, what does Michael O'Rourke do?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)