|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the meeting with Stansfield begins, Scott Coleman decides to trust him, and he removes what?
(a) His mask, identifying himself.
(b) His hood, identifying himself.
(c) His wraparound sunglasses, identifying himself.
(d) His voice modulator, identifying himself.
2. Who or what does Michael O'Rourke decide to employ for protection and to ensure that Garret and Nance get what they deserve?
(a) Stroble and Hackett.
(c) Higgins' taped confession.
(d) Vanelli's taped threats.
3. Where does Scott Coleman go to lose those who are following him?
(a) The Naval Academy.
(b) The K Street tunnel.
(c) The Smithsonian Museum complex.
(d) Metro Rapid Transit.
4. Nance threatens to have Garret killed if he does not go along with which plan?
(a) Telling Roach they were working with Higgins to blackmail Moore.
(b) Telling Roach that Higgins said he would kill them if they did not help him.
(c) Telling Stansfield they were working with Higgins to kill Olson.
(d) Telling Stansfield they were working with Higgins to blackmail Moore.
5. Back at his ranch, Nance's assistant interrupts him, saying that who is calling?
(b) Scott Coleman.
(c) Michael O'Rourke's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stansfield calls the number, Michael O'Rourke's girlfriend says he has been abducted, and she will go to the media if he is not back within how long?
2. Higgins attempts to reassure Nance of what?
3. When the tape is done playing, Nance accuses Stansfield of faking the recording or doing what?
4. Stansfield tells Stevens that either Garret explains his involvement with Higgins to Stansfield under protection of the National Secrecy Act, or he will be deposed on the record by which agency?
5. Who receives a scrambled voice modulator call advising where a dead former CIA employee may be found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information is contained in a note that Michael O'Rourke says came with the taped confession?
2. Why do Scott Coleman and Michael O'Rourke decide to kidnap, rather than kill, Higgins at his home?
3. When his girlfriend goes out to get food, what happens when Michael O'Rourke opens the door to a man he does not recognize?
4. What takes place as the guards patrol Higgins' estate grounds?
5. Although reluctant at first, Kennedy and McMahon go for a ride with Michael O'Rourke to do what?
6. How does Stansfield make his way to the Nance ranch to rescue Michael O'Rourke?
7. What happens at the White House when Stansfield notifies Stevens and his cabinet that Higgins has been kidnapped?
8. During a meeting with McMahon the following day, Kennedy calls General Heaney in to join them and tell him what?
9. What information do Michael O'Rourke and Scott Coleman exchange at the end of Chapter 30?
10. Meanwhile, what happens back at Nance's ranch when Stevens gets through to him?
This section contains 1,333 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)