|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stansfield calls the President to see if he knows what?
(a) Garret's and Nance's whereabouts.
(b) Garret's whereabouts.
(c) Michael O'Rourke's whereabouts.
(d) Nance's whereabouts.
2. Stansfield wants to include Scott Coleman in the briefing, which means that the FBI must halt surveillance for a day or so, and McMahon agrees, noting what?
(a) Coleman is a man of principle.
(b) Coleman has already gotten away from them once.
(c) Coleman needs little assistance in disappearing.
(d) Coleman is a man of honor.
3. In his taped confession, whom does Higgins say forced him out of the CIA in addition to Stansfield?
4. After dumping Higgins' body, Scott Coleman returns to his home where he does what?
(a) Gets a shower and some long needed rest.
(b) Checks it for intruders.
(c) Burns his clothes and washes with hydrogen peroxide.
(d) Scans it for listening devices.
5. When Stansfield calls the number, Michael O'Rourke's girlfriend says he has been abducted, and she will go to the media if he is not back within how long?
(a) One hour.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Three hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nance threatens to have Garret killed if he does not go along with which plan?
2. Who makes a radio transmission to the others hidden outside Higgins' home?
3. Michael O'Rourke's girlfriend leaves a message for Stansfield that she is with a Washington paper and will go to press with all she has on Garret and Nance if he does not call her back how fast?
4. Who at CIA headquarters receives a signal that Higgins' personal alarm has been activated?
5. A screen at the CIA Operations Center is monitored after Higgins' abduction that is tracking what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Stansfield calls the President to determine if he is knows where Nance and Garret are?
2. What does Kennedy tell McMahon at a meeting in the Pentagon?
3. What does Michael O'Rourke tell his girlfriend transpired when Stansfield played the tape in front of Nance and Garret?
4. Meanwhile, what happens back at Nance's ranch when Stevens gets through to him?
5. In Chapter 37, what does Scott Coleman discover upon initially returning to his apartment after dumping Higgins' body outside Garret's residence?
6. What information is contained in a note that Michael O'Rourke says came with the taped confession?
7. Why do Michael O'Rourke and Scott Coleman decide to leave Higgins' body in front of Garret's home?
8. Chapter 45 provides what final elements of the "Consequences" theme?
9. How does Stansfield make his way to the Nance ranch to rescue Michael O'Rourke?
10. How does the author further the "Good" as opposed to "Evil" theme?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)