|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 1 begins with a description of what?
(a) An old wooden cabin surrounded by trees.
(b) A home in the middle-class suburbs.
(c) A camping trailer isolated in the woods.
(d) An apartment in the city slums.
2. Michael O'Rourke is home contemplating what he has told someone as an assassin is watching him from where?
(a) A rooftop.
(b) The street.
(c) A closet.
(d) A window.
3. In Chapter 2, President Jim Stevens is meeting with Stu Garret and Mark Dickson to plot how to obtain the votes necessary to accomplish what?
(a) Pass the tax bill.
(b) Pass the national education bill.
(c) Pass the anti-crime bill.
(d) Pass the budget.
4. Who is guarding Congressman Burt Turnquist when the assassins kill him?
(a) Military Police.
(b) Private security.
(c) U.S. Marshals.
(d) Secret Service Agents.
5. Michael O'Rourke wants to speak with Olson before the senator leaves for what event?
(a) Camp David summit.
(b) News conference.
(c) White House conference.
(d) Legislative vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. Garret feels that by telling the public the murders are an attempt to block the President's budget, they have made Stevens look what?
2. In briefing Stevens and his staff about the investigation that has just begun, McMahon quickly grows impatient with whom?
3. Senator Erik Olson decides to disregard the advice of the FBI and the Secret Service and does what?
4. When McMahon asks why he should believe the caller using a voice modulator, he is reminded of what?
5. Stevens agrees the FBI must take the tape seriously, but, at whose suggestion, does not want its contents known by anyone else?
Short Essay Questions
1. Using a mobile scramble phone to call McMahon, what do Michael O'Rourke and Scott Coleman tell him?
2. What does McMahon take in when he arrives at the scene of the Turnquist murder?
3. What sort of security system does Higgins employ at his personal residence?
4. What are some of the things FBI Special Agent Skip McMahon recognizes upon his arrival at the three assassination scenes?
5. Gus Mitchell indicates that it appears the assassins are commandos, that they have planned the murders over some time, and they would have taken advantage of what?
6. What is some important information about Michael O'Rourke's background that the reader learns in Chapter 7?
7. Why is Scarlatti upset in Chapter 16?
8. Chapter 15 is short and addresses what?
9. What does Augie Jackson tell Seamus and Michael O'Rourke when they travel to Georgia?
10. What happens during the meeting Stevens has with his advisers following Olson's assassination?
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)