|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Speaker of the House Thomas Basset says on television that he will never do what?
(a) Run from terrorists.
(b) Give into political pressure.
(c) Negotiate with terrorists.
(d) Give in on the budget.
2. How does Congressman Michael O'Rourke end the call when he is telephoned by the President who is seeking his vote for the budget?
(a) He successfully bargains for the removal of the REA funding.
(b) He hangs up on the President.
(c) He excuses himself.
(d) He unsuccessfully bargains for the inclusion of the REA funding.
3. Following Mark Coleman's death, Michael O'Rourke become more dissatisfied with what?
(a) American democracy.
(b) The American legal system.
(c) America's crime problem.
(d) American politics.
4. In briefing Stevens and his staff about the investigation that has just begun, McMahon quickly grows impatient with whom?
(a) Stu Garret.
(b) Brian Roach.
(c) Jim Stevens.
(d) Mike Nance.
5. What does the individual in the opening scene toss into the fire?
(a) Blood-soaked clothes.
(b) Counterfeit money.
(c) Stacks of paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of the individual McMahon and Kennedy meet?
2. Early in the investigation, McMahon and Kennedy become aware of what?
3. What does Michael O'Rourke do since his friend, Mark Coleman, was killed by an addict with multiple convictions for armed robbery that has been released early?
4. What reason is McMahon given for the President still being alive?
5. What happens when a mysterious man named Arthur Higgins observes Michael O'Rourke with Olson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chapter 5 begin to follow?
2. What takes place at the meeting at Camp David in Chapter 20?
3. What transportation arrangements does Warch make in Chapter 17 between the White House and Camp David?
4. What results from Ted Hopkinson's polls in Chapter 10?
5. During the Situation Room meeting, McMahon plays the recording he received, and what do General Heaney and Dr. Irene Kennedy do?
6. What are some of the things FBI Special Agent Skip McMahon recognizes upon his arrival at the three assassination scenes?
7. Why is Scarlatti upset in Chapter 16?
8. Gus Mitchell indicates that it appears the assassins are commandos, that they have planned the murders over some time, and they would have taken advantage of what?
9. What happens when Michael O'Rourke hangs up on the President?
10. What happens during the meeting Stevens has with his advisers following Olson's assassination?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)