|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garret feels that by telling the public the murders are an attempt to block the President's budget, they have made Stevens look what?
(a) Sympathetic, almost guaranteeing his re-election.
(b) Weak, virtually precluding budget passage.
(c) Resound, almost guaranteeing the passing of the budget.
(d) Firm, almost guaranteeing his re-election.
2. Director Thomas Stansfield gets a call from Director Brian Roach asking if the CIA thinks the murders are for reasons other than those stated where?
(a) A tape.
(b) A letter.
(c) A classified ad.
(d) A call.
3. The individual storming into Michael O'Rourke's office threatens him with what if he does not vote as he is told?
(b) Political isolation.
(c) Severe physical injury.
4. Early in the investigation, McMahon and Kennedy become aware of what?
(a) Breaking a neck with bare hands is very difficult, few can do it.
(b) Breaking a neck with bare hands is fairly simple, a common technique.
(c) Breaking a neck with bare hands is very easy, requires only strength.
(d) Breaking a neck is relatively easy, simpler than choking.
5. When assassinating Basset, what means do the killers use to avoid injuring any civilians?
(a) They us a nitroglycerin-tipped dart.
(b) The use a low-velocity, hollow-point bullet.
(c) They use a nitroglycerin-tipped bullet.
(d) They us a hollow-point bullet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stevens agrees the FBI must take the tape seriously, but, at whose suggestion, does not want its contents known by anyone else?
2. In Chapter 3, Michael O'Rourke is dictating some notes when which individual, whom he does not know, storms into his office?
3. Stevens is primarily concerned with how the assassinations will affect what?
4. Michael O'Rourke meets Scott Coleman at the cabin to discuss Olson's murder and is told what?
5. McMahon tells his boss that he is getting no cooperation in his attempts to look at the personnel files for which members?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things FBI Special Agent Skip McMahon recognizes upon his arrival at the three assassination scenes?
2. What does Speaker of the House Thomas Basset say on television?
3. At Blacky's Bar, what does Michael O'Rourke tell his girlfriend about the killers?
4. What does Augie Jackson tell Seamus and Michael O'Rourke when they travel to Georgia?
5. During the Situation Room meeting, McMahon plays the recording he received, and what do General Heaney and Dr. Irene Kennedy do?
6. Chapter 15 is short and addresses what?
7. Why is Scarlatti upset in Chapter 16?
8. What happens when the Secret Service Agent in charge of Basset's protection, Agent Harry Dorle, goes to the White House after Basset's murder?
9. What sort of security system does Higgins employ at his personal residence?
10. What happens when Michael O'Rourke hangs up on the President?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)