|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, President Jim Stevens is meeting with Stu Garret and Mark Dickson to plot how to obtain the votes necessary to accomplish what?
(a) Pass the anti-crime bill.
(b) Pass the budget.
(c) Pass the tax bill.
(d) Pass the national education bill.
2. Michael O'Rourke wants to speak with Olson before the senator leaves for what event?
(a) News conference.
(b) White House conference.
(c) Camp David summit.
(d) Legislative vote.
3. Who suddenly arrives at the cabin and verifies what Scott Coleman is telling Michael O'Rourke about Olson's death?
(a) Tim O'Rourke.
(b) Arthur Higgins.
(c) Kevin Hackett.
(d) Seamus O'Rourke.
4. Michael O'Rourke is home contemplating what he has told someone as an assassin is watching him from where?
(a) The street.
(b) A window.
(c) A rooftop.
(d) A closet.
5. Following Mark Coleman's death, Michael O'Rourke become more dissatisfied with what?
(a) American democracy.
(b) America's crime problem.
(c) American politics.
(d) The American legal system.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the individual in the opening scene toss into the fire?
2. In Chapter 20, Scott Coleman warns Michael O'Rourke that there could be trouble if Olson takes the President's side, and that Michael should do what?
3. Jackson tells the O'Rourke men that he believes who is responsible for the deaths of Olson and Turnquist?
4. Michael O'Rourke declines Olson's request to join him in the funeral procession, but then does what?
5. When it is suggested that Stevens employ increased military security at the White House, what is his response?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Speaker of the House Thomas Basset say on television?
2. What is some important information about Michael O'Rourke's background that the reader learns in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 4, what are some skills that Vince Flynn demonstrates are required of the President?
4. What are some of the things FBI Special Agent Skip McMahon recognizes upon his arrival at the three assassination scenes?
5. What message does the old man from the cemetery call and leave for McMahon?
6. How is Congressman Burt Turnquist killed?
7. Chapter 15 is short and addresses what?
8. What sort of security system does Higgins employ at his personal residence?
9. Roach and McMahon rush to what meeting in the White House Situation Room in Chapter 28?
10. Using a mobile scramble phone to call McMahon, what do Michael O'Rourke and Scott Coleman tell him?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)