|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Speaker of the House Thomas Basset says on television that he will never do what?
(a) Give into political pressure.
(b) Give in on the budget.
(c) Negotiate with terrorists.
(d) Run from terrorists.
2. The assassin in the opening scene does not regret having killed his victims as he feels they lacked what?
3. During their last meeting together, who gets into a disagreement?
(a) Olson and Michael O'Rourke.
(b) Seamus O'Rourke and Michael O'Rourke.
(c) Scott Coleman and Michael O'Rourke.
(d) Seamus O'Rourke and Olson.
4. Director Thomas Stansfield gets a call from Director Brian Roach asking if the CIA thinks the murders are for reasons other than those stated where?
(a) A tape.
(b) A letter.
(c) A classified ad.
(d) A call.
5. After Basset's death, a recorded message using a computerize voice is received at the ABC television network via what?
(a) U.S. mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following Mark Coleman's death, Michael O'Rourke become more dissatisfied with what?
2. What is the President's reaction to Olson's murder?
3. What does the man on the back of the motorcycle do upon pulling next to Olson's vehicle?
4. Despite Secret Service warnings against any public appearances, Basset decides to participate in what?
5. The Director of the FBI wants to review files of which retired or released personnel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the first chapter begin?
2. In Chapter 4, what are some skills that Vince Flynn demonstrates are required of the President?
3. What happens when Stansfield calls the President to determine if he is knows where Nance and Garret are?
4. What happens during the meeting Stevens has with his advisers following Olson's assassination?
5. Roach and McMahon rush to what meeting in the White House Situation Room in Chapter 28?
6. How do Michael and Seamus O'Rourke get Senator Olson to talk about the budget summit at Camp David in Chapter 23?
7. Why is Scarlatti upset in Chapter 16?
8. How is Olson assassinated?
9. Using a mobile scramble phone to call McMahon, what do Michael O'Rourke and Scott Coleman tell him?
10. What does Speaker of the House Thomas Basset say on television?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)