|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Early in the investigation, McMahon and Kennedy become aware of what?
(a) Breaking a neck with bare hands is fairly simple, a common technique.
(b) Breaking a neck is relatively easy, simpler than choking.
(c) Breaking a neck with bare hands is very easy, requires only strength.
(d) Breaking a neck with bare hands is very difficult, few can do it.
2. As the politicians ignore his warnings that the White House would be safer than Camp David, Secret Service Agent Jack Warch makes what transportation arrangements?
(a) Armored limousine from an underground lot.
(b) Police helicopter from the White House lawn.
(c) Military helicopter from the White House lawn.
(d) Armored limousine from the White House drive.
3. In briefing Stevens and his staff about the investigation that has just begun, McMahon quickly grows impatient with whom?
(a) Brian Roach.
(b) Jim Stevens.
(c) Stu Garret.
(d) Mike Nance.
4. Stevens is primarily concerned with how the assassinations will affect what?
(a) U.S. tourism.
(b) His freedom to travel.
(c) His place in history.
(d) U.S. foreign trade.
5. Olson has given the President how long to make some real changes before exposing his budget sham?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 1 month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is guarding Congressman Burt Turnquist when the assassins kill him?
2. Who demands that Secret Service Director Alex Tracy fire Harry Dorle, the agent in charge of Basset's safety?
3. What does the individual in the opening scene toss into the fire?
4. Speaker of the House Thomas Basset says on television that he will never do what?
5. What does Olson later do after making the offensive remark to Seamus O'Rourke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message does the old man from the cemetery call and leave for McMahon?
2. What does McMahon take in when he arrives at the scene of the Turnquist murder?
3. What does Chapter 5 begin to follow?
4. What measures do the assassins take in killing Speaker Basset?
5. What does Speaker of the House Thomas Basset say on television?
6. How is Congressman Burt Turnquist killed?
7. What is President Stevens doing in his meeting with Stu Garret and Mark Dickson at the start of Chapter 2?
8. What happens when Michael O'Rourke hangs up on the President?
9. What is some important information about Michael O'Rourke's background that the reader learns in Chapter 7?
10. What transportation arrangements does Warch make in Chapter 17 between the White House and Camp David?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)