|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 16, the President and Garret are confident that the new coalition between the two parties will help Stevens secure a second term, and Nance does what?
(a) Agrees with uncertainty.
(b) Arranges for the meeting at Camp David.
(c) Cautions them not to take anything for granted.
(d) Agrees with them wholeheartedly.
2. Garret and Mike Nance help Stevens determine a strategy to pacify the public while helping force whom to resign?
(a) Arthur Higgins, Harold J. Burmiester.
(b) Brian Roach, Thomas Stansfield.
(c) Skip McMahon, Thomas Stansfield.
(d) Brian Roach, Skip McMahon.
3. Jackson tells the O'Rourke men that he believes who is responsible for the deaths of Olson and Turnquist?
4. What happens when a mysterious man named Arthur Higgins observes Michael O'Rourke with Olson?
(a) He follows them.
(b) He hustles Olson to a vehicle.
(c) He separates them.
(d) He gets furious.
5. What does Michael O'Rourke do when Olson offers to introduce him to the President?
(a) Accepts eagerly.
(b) Says he will another day.
(c) Accepts with great hesitation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jackson cautions Michael O'Rourke not to go to which agency?
2. Who demands that Secret Service Director Alex Tracy fire Harry Dorle, the agent in charge of Basset's safety?
3. Early in the investigation, McMahon and Kennedy become aware of what?
4. In Chapter 8, Stevens refers to the killers as what during his televised news broadcast?
5. Olson has given the President how long to make some real changes before exposing his budget sham?
Short Essay Questions
1. Roach and McMahon rush to what meeting in the White House Situation Room in Chapter 28?
2. What happens when the Secret Service Agent in charge of Basset's protection, Agent Harry Dorle, goes to the White House after Basset's murder?
3. Gus Mitchell indicates that it appears the assassins are commandos, that they have planned the murders over some time, and they would have taken advantage of what?
4. At Blacky's Bar, what does Michael O'Rourke tell his girlfriend about the killers?
5. What happens when Michael O'Rourke hangs up on the President?
6. What sort of security system does Higgins employ at his personal residence?
7. What does the file that Jackson gives to Michael O'Rourke contain?
8. How is Congressman Burt Turnquist killed?
9. What transportation arrangements does Warch make in Chapter 17 between the White House and Camp David?
10. Why does Michael O'Rourke carry a concealed gun?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)