|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who demands that Secret Service Director Alex Tracy fire Harry Dorle, the agent in charge of Basset's safety?
(a) Brian Roach.
(b) Mrs. Bassett.
(c) Jim Stevens.
(d) Stu Garret.
2. What does the President's Chief of Staff do at the close of Chapter 4?
(a) Scolds the President.
(b) Praises the President.
(c) Advises the President.
(d) Leads the President into a meeting.
3. Garret feels that by telling the public the murders are an attempt to block the President's budget, they have made Stevens look what?
(a) Resound, almost guaranteeing the passing of the budget.
(b) Firm, almost guaranteeing his re-election.
(c) Sympathetic, almost guaranteeing his re-election.
(d) Weak, virtually precluding budget passage.
4. As Michael O'Rourke and Liz Scarlatti go home from Blacky's Bar, he wonders if what he told someone has resulted in what?
(a) Dirty politics.
(d) A newspaper story.
5. Whom does Dr. Irene Kennedy believe is responsible for the murders of the prominent politicians?
(a) Right-wing radicals.
(b) Military commandos.
(c) The Mafia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stevens agrees the FBI must take the tape seriously, but, at whose suggestion, does not want its contents known by anyone else?
2. What reason does Jackson give Michael O'Rourke for not going to the agency he names?
3. McMahon wants to accompany Roach to a meeting so that he can see whose face when he realizes the assassins have him as a target?
4. Michael O'Rourke is not comfortable with the idea that politicians are being killed, but he sympathizes with the killers and their disgust with what in America?
5. Garret and Mike Nance help Stevens determine a strategy to pacify the public while helping force whom to resign?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the meeting Stevens has with his advisers following Olson's assassination?
2. Why does Michael O'Rourke carry a concealed gun?
3. What does the file that Jackson gives to Michael O'Rourke contain?
4. How do Michael and Seamus O'Rourke get Senator Olson to talk about the budget summit at Camp David in Chapter 23?
5. What is President Stevens doing in his meeting with Stu Garret and Mark Dickson at the start of Chapter 2?
6. What happens when the Secret Service Agent in charge of Basset's protection, Agent Harry Dorle, goes to the White House after Basset's murder?
7. During the Situation Room meeting, McMahon plays the recording he received, and what do General Heaney and Dr. Irene Kennedy do?
8. What does Augie Jackson tell Seamus and Michael O'Rourke when they travel to Georgia?
9. What message does the old man from the cemetery call and leave for McMahon?
10. How is Congressman Burt Turnquist killed?
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)