|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After viewing the bodies at the Turnquist crime scene, Dr. Kennedy and General Heaney believe the killers are what?
(a) Political extremists.
(b) Military comandos.
(c) Police S.W.A.T. members.
2. At the end of Chapter 16, the President and Garret are confident that the new coalition between the two parties will help Stevens secure a second term, and Nance does what?
(a) Agrees with them wholeheartedly.
(b) Arranges for the meeting at Camp David.
(c) Cautions them not to take anything for granted.
(d) Agrees with uncertainty.
3. McMahon and his team meet where along the Potomac River where the President's helicopter was left unprotected?
(a) Chain Bridge.
(b) Francis Scott Key Bridge.
(c) Aqueduct Bridge.
(d) 14th Street Bridge.
4. What does the President's Chief of Staff advise him to do if he becomes uncomfortable during an upcoming press conference?
(a) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a trade meeting.
(b) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a military briefing.
(c) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a national security meeting.
(d) Lie, end the conference early saying he must meet a foreign diplomat.
5. Rumor has it that Higgins was forced out of the CIA as they could not control his behavior, and he often did things without whose approval?
(a) The President's and CIA Director's.
(b) The CIA Director's and Congress'.
(c) The President's and Congress'.
(d) The Dark Ops head's and CIA Director's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Garret listens in on a private meeting between his boss and which individual who convinces Stevens he needs his support to pass the budget?
2. In Chapter 3, Michael O'Rourke is dictating some notes when which individual, whom he does not know, storms into his office?
3. At the Turnquist crime scene, McMahon notes what about those guarding the congressman?
4. The assassin in the opening scene does not regret having killed his victims as he feels they lacked what?
5. After Basset's death, a recorded message using a computerize voice is received at the ABC television network via what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What transportation arrangements does Warch make in Chapter 17 between the White House and Camp David?
2. What is some important information about Michael O'Rourke's background that the reader learns in Chapter 7?
3. During the Situation Room meeting, McMahon plays the recording he received, and what do General Heaney and Dr. Irene Kennedy do?
4. What results from Ted Hopkinson's polls in Chapter 10?
5. Roach and McMahon rush to what meeting in the White House Situation Room in Chapter 28?
6. Why does Michael O'Rourke carry a concealed gun?
7. What does Speaker of the House Thomas Basset say on television?
8. What measures do the assassins take in killing Speaker Basset?
9. What are some of the things FBI Special Agent Skip McMahon recognizes upon his arrival at the three assassination scenes?
10. What does McMahon take in when he arrives at the scene of the Turnquist murder?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)