|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael O'Rourke lost both of his parents in a car crash caused by a drunk driver with how many prior convictions for driving while intoxicated?
2. The assassin in the opening scene does not regret having killed his victims as he feels they lacked what?
3. When it is suggested that Stevens employ increased military security at the White House, what is his response?
(a) He agrees only to an increase in plain-clothes security.
(b) He declines.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He agrees only to hidden sharpshooters on surrounding buildings.
4. Michael O'Rourke is home contemplating what he has told someone as an assassin is watching him from where?
(a) A rooftop.
(b) A window.
(c) The street.
(d) A closet.
5. What reason is McMahon given for the President still being alive?
(a) The assassins wish to give him one more chance.
(b) The assassins do not want to kill those with him.
(c) The assassins do not wish to harm those in an adjacent public area.
(d) The assassins wish to negotiate with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the politicians ignore his warnings that the White House would be safer than Camp David, Secret Service Agent Jack Warch makes what transportation arrangements?
2. In briefing Stevens and his staff about the investigation that has just begun, McMahon quickly grows impatient with whom?
3. Stevens agrees the FBI must take the tape seriously, but, at whose suggestion, does not want its contents known by anyone else?
4. Michael O'Rourke declines Olson's request to join him in the funeral procession, but then does what?
5. When Nance is alone with Higgins, he tells Arthur that Warch knows that they blackmailed which legislator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of security system does Higgins employ at his personal residence?
2. What does the file that Jackson gives to Michael O'Rourke contain?
3. How is Congressman Burt Turnquist killed?
4. What does McMahon take in when he arrives at the scene of the Turnquist murder?
5. At Blacky's Bar, what does Michael O'Rourke tell his girlfriend about the killers?
6. What is some important information about Michael O'Rourke's background that the reader learns in Chapter 7?
7. Why is Scarlatti upset in Chapter 16?
8. What does Chapter 5 begin to follow?
9. How is Olson assassinated?
10. What does Augie Jackson tell Seamus and Michael O'Rourke when they travel to Georgia?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)