|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Kennedy feels that Downs' killer wants people to think that he is what so that he will not be captured and time will be wasted on the investigation?
2. Dr. Kennedy is studying the Special Forces personnel files when she reads Scott Coleman's and sees he was on which mission that failed, causing the deaths of eight men?
(a) Operation Snatch Back.
(b) Operation Deadly Silence.
(c) Operation Lethal Insertion.
(d) Operation Silent Apprehension.
3. Higgins attempts to reassure Nance of what?
(a) Vanelli will not talk, he fears death.
(b) The murders cannot be traced back to them.
(c) The FBI does not know there are two groups.
(d) Garret will not talk.
4. Back at Michael O'Rourke's, he tells his girlfriend all but a few details, like what?
(a) His attacking Nance.
(b) His breaking Nance's nose.
(c) His attacking Garret and Nance.
(d) His attacking Garret.
5. In Chapter 40, Nance is at his horse ranch in Maryland where he is under orders to resign by when?
(a) Noon that day.
(b) Noon the next day.
(c) Six o'clock that evening.
(d) Six o'clock the next evening.
6. When Garret screams out, what does Nance do?
(a) Grabs him to shut him up.
(b) Slaps him across the face, ordering him to shut up.
(c) Chokes him, ordering him to shut up.
(d) Says Garret is lying.
7. When the meeting with Stansfield begins, Scott Coleman decides to trust him, and he removes what?
(a) His hood, identifying himself.
(b) His voice modulator, identifying himself.
(c) His wraparound sunglasses, identifying himself.
(d) His mask, identifying himself.
8. Scott Coleman and Michael O'Rourke want to know what information Higgins' has about the murders and what else?
(a) How they can get into Higgins' residence.
(b) If they should set up a camera to watch the drive.
(c) Why Nance would go to Higgins' estate as he could be followed.
(d) Why he was meeting Nance.
9. In spite of Michael O'Rourke's objections, who tells Tim O'Rourke everything about his involvement in the assassinations?
(a) Alex Tracy.
(b) Scott Coleman.
(c) Brian Roach.
(d) Seamus O'Rourke.
10. Scott Coleman's men realize that, due to Higgins' tight security, what will have to happen in order for the kidnapping to succeed?
(a) The dogs and guards must be drugged.
(b) The dogs must be killed, and the guards drugged.
(c) The dogs and guards must be distracted.
(d) The dogs and guards must be killed.
11. After dumping Higgins' body, Scott Coleman returns to his home where he does what?
(a) Scans it for listening devices.
(b) Checks it for intruders.
(c) Gets a shower and some long needed rest.
(d) Burns his clothes and washes with hydrogen peroxide.
12. When Garret hears Higgins' talking on the tape about Olson's and Turnquist's murders, what does he do?
(a) Screams out it was Higgins' idea.
(b) Screams out Higgins' was lying.
(c) Screams out it was Nance's idea.
(d) Screams out that it was not his idea.
13. Higgins is attacked when he steps outside for what?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A pipe smoke.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A gin and tonic.
14. How do Scott Coleman and Michael O'Rourke travel to Higgins' estate to kidnap him?
(a) Michael apart from Scott and his men.
(b) Scott apart from his men and Michael.
(c) Together with Scott's men.
(d) Scott and Michael together, but apart from Scott's men.
15. Stansfield tells Stevens that either Garret explains his involvement with Higgins to Stansfield under protection of the National Secrecy Act, or he will be deposed on the record by which agency?
(a) National Criminal Intelligence Service.
(b) Defense Intelligence Agency.
(c) Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(d) National Security Agency.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jarod breaks Michael O'Rourke's what on Nance's orders?
2. Who was the assassinated politician that leaked the information to the bartender?
3. Where does Dr. Kennedy meet McMahon in Chapter 30?
4. A note that accompanied Higgins' tape threatens to release copies to the media if Garret and Nance are not forced out of politics, and both must pledge to donate what?
5. To whom does Stansfield say that Higgins' death may be a blessing since his captors will not have had time to question him and learn state secrets?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)