|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garret tell the National Security adviser he worries the deaths of Koslowski and Basset will do?
(a) Force the President into hiding.
(b) Prevent the President's re-election.
(c) Send the country into mass hysteria.
(d) Deadlock the Senate and House.
2. As Michael O'Rourke and Liz Scarlatti go home from Blacky's Bar, he wonders if what he told someone has resulted in what?
(a) A newspaper story.
(d) Dirty politics.
3. Michael O'Rourke lost both of his parents in a car crash caused by a drunk driver with how many prior convictions for driving while intoxicated?
4. Olson has given the President how long to make some real changes before exposing his budget sham?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 1 week.
5. After Basset's death, a recorded message using a computerize voice is received at the ABC television network via what?
(a) U.S. mail.
6. Michael O'Rourke and his grandfather meet Olson for what shortly before the latter dies?
7. McMahon and his team meet where along the Potomac River where the President's helicopter was left unprotected?
(a) 14th Street Bridge.
(b) Francis Scott Key Bridge.
(c) Chain Bridge.
(d) Aqueduct Bridge.
8. In Chapter 3, Michael O'Rourke is dictating some notes when which individual, whom he does not know, storms into his office?
(a) Jack Koslowski.
(b) Mike Nance.
(c) Stu Garret.
(d) Anthony Vanelli.
9. Chapter 1 begins with a description of what?
(a) An apartment in the city slums.
(b) An old wooden cabin surrounded by trees.
(c) A camping trailer isolated in the woods.
(d) A home in the middle-class suburbs.
10. At the Turnquist crime scene, McMahon notes what about those guarding the congressman?
(a) Only one reached for his gun.
(b) Two were inside, two were outside.
(c) Each was caught off guard.
(d) Two were asleep while the other two guarded.
11. Michael O'Rourke wants to speak with Olson before the senator leaves for what event?
(a) Camp David summit.
(b) White House conference.
(c) Legislative vote.
(d) News conference.
12. Jackson tells the O'Rourke men that he believes who is responsible for the deaths of Olson and Turnquist?
13. In another secret meeting with Nance (who has concerns after Olson's death,) Higgins convinces him everything will be fine by when?
(a) In two weeks.
(b) In a few days.
(c) The next day.
(d) The next week.
14. When Nance is alone with Higgins, he tells Arthur that Warch knows that they blackmailed which legislator?
15. What does the President's Chief of Staff advise him to do if he becomes uncomfortable during an upcoming press conference?
(a) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a national security meeting.
(b) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a military briefing.
(c) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a trade meeting.
(d) Lie, end the conference early saying he must meet a foreign diplomat.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the tape is done playing, Garret and McMahon argue in the Situation Room and who intervenes?
2. What is the President's reaction to Olson's murder?
3. How does Congressman Michael O'Rourke end the call when he is telephoned by the President who is seeking his vote for the budget?
4. What is the occupation of the individual McMahon and Kennedy meet?
5. According to Jackson, the first victim to die together with his guards may have been killed for what reason?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)