|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their last meeting together, who gets into a disagreement?
(a) Scott Coleman and Michael O'Rourke.
(b) Seamus O'Rourke and Michael O'Rourke.
(c) Seamus O'Rourke and Olson.
(d) Olson and Michael O'Rourke.
2. What does Olson later do after making the offensive remark to Seamus O'Rourke?
(a) Calls him a terrorist.
(b) Spits on him.
(c) Slaps his face.
3. What reason does Jackson give Michael O'Rourke for not going to the agency he names?
(a) Jackson would be in danger.
(b) Michael would be in danger.
(c) Seamus would be in danger.
(d) Michael's girlfriend would be in danger.
4. At the end of Chapter 16, the President and Garret are confident that the new coalition between the two parties will help Stevens secure a second term, and Nance does what?
(a) Agrees with uncertainty.
(b) Cautions them not to take anything for granted.
(c) Agrees with them wholeheartedly.
(d) Arranges for the meeting at Camp David.
5. Garret instructs the President's Communications Director to ensure the public hears whose life stories?
(a) The four Secret Service Agents' and a police officer's.
(b) Olson's, Fitzgerald's, Koslowski's, and Downs'.
(c) Olson's and the four Service Agents' killed with him.
(d) The Four Secret Service Agents' killed in a car bombing.
6. According to Jackson, the first victim to die together with his guards may have been killed for what reason?
(a) For revenge.
(b) For knowledge.
(c) To mislead.
(d) For power.
7. Who suddenly arrives at the cabin and verifies what Scott Coleman is telling Michael O'Rourke about Olson's death?
(a) Kevin Hackett.
(b) Arthur Higgins.
(c) Seamus O'Rourke.
(d) Tim O'Rourke.
8. Liz Scarlatti introduces herself to Stevens as a reporter for which periodical?
(a) Washington Post.
(b) Washington Herald.
(c) Washington Reader.
(d) Washington Times.
9. In Chapter 17, the assassins place several small radar units around what location as part of the trap they are laying?
(b) Camp David.
(c) Supreme Court.
(d) White House.
10. When Michael O'Rourke finds out what is occurring, he insists they inform the FBI of what?
(a) The killers have a Secret Service contact.
(b) The killers have an FBI contact.
(c) Two sets of killers are in action.
(d) More deaths are imminent.
11. Whom does Dr. Irene Kennedy believe is responsible for the murders of the prominent politicians?
(a) Right-wing radicals.
(c) The Mafia.
(d) Military commandos.
12. Speaker of the House Thomas Basset says on television that he will never do what?
(a) Give in on the budget.
(b) Negotiate with terrorists.
(c) Give into political pressure.
(d) Run from terrorists.
13. The President holds a meeting in the Situation Room and announces that who will be responsible for security of the remaining senators, congressmen, and their families?
(a) Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) military personnel.
(b) Counter-commando tactics military personnel.
(c) Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) law enforcement personnel.
(d) Navy SEALs.
14. Michael O'Rourke meets Scott Coleman at the cabin to discuss Olson's murder and is told what?
(a) Scott is not responsible.
(b) Scott cannot tell Michael who did it.
(c) Scott can neither confirm nor deny.
(d) Scott is responsible.
15. What does the man on the back of the motorcycle do upon pulling next to Olson's vehicle?
(a) Tosses a dark bag on the vehicle's roof.
(b) Empties a semi-automatic handgun into the back seat.
(c) Fires a machine gun into the back seat.
(d) Tosses a brown paper bag on the vehicle's roof.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Congressman Michael O'Rourke end the call when he is telephoned by the President who is seeking his vote for the budget?
2. Scott Coleman is afraid to use any of his contacts for information about Turnquist's death since doing so might do what?
3. What does the President's Chief of Staff advise him to do if he becomes uncomfortable during an upcoming press conference?
4. FBI Special Agent Skip McMahon is responsible for investigating the three political killings and is impressed by what?
5. What is the occupation of the individual McMahon and Kennedy meet?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)