|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In another secret meeting with Nance (who has concerns after Olson's death,) Higgins convinces him everything will be fine by when?
(a) The next week.
(b) In a few days.
(c) The next day.
(d) In two weeks.
2. Jackson tells the O'Rourke men that he believes who is responsible for the deaths of Olson and Turnquist?
3. After viewing the bodies at the Turnquist crime scene, Dr. Kennedy and General Heaney believe the killers are what?
(a) Police S.W.A.T. members.
(b) Military comandos.
(d) Political extremists.
4. Michael O'Rourke is home contemplating what he has told someone as an assassin is watching him from where?
(a) A rooftop.
(b) A window.
(c) The street.
(d) A closet.
5. Who demands that Secret Service Director Alex Tracy fire Harry Dorle, the agent in charge of Basset's safety?
(a) Stu Garret.
(b) Jim Stevens.
(c) Mrs. Bassett.
(d) Brian Roach.
6. In Chapter 17, the assassins place several small radar units around what location as part of the trap they are laying?
(b) Supreme Court.
(c) White House.
(d) Camp David.
7. When assassinating Basset, what means do the killers use to avoid injuring any civilians?
(a) They us a nitroglycerin-tipped dart.
(b) They us a hollow-point bullet.
(c) The use a low-velocity, hollow-point bullet.
(d) They use a nitroglycerin-tipped bullet.
8. The President suspends all official business until when?
(a) All senior staff members are in seclusion.
(b) All the assassins are apprehended.
(c) The new security is in place.
(d) It is safe for everyone.
9. Chapter 3 shows a brash side of Congressman O'Rourke that establishes his physical abilities and reminds the reader of Michael's what?
(a) Marine training.
(b) Army training.
(c) Navy training.
(d) Coast Guard training.
10. What is the occupation of the individual McMahon and Kennedy meet?
(a) Director of the CIA.
(b) Former Navy SEAL.
(c) Former Dark Ops CIA operative.
(d) Former Delta Forces Commander.
11. Scott Coleman uses what to contact McMahon and relay information about the killings?
(a) Disposable phone and a voice modulator.
(b) Mobile scramble phone and a voice modulator.
(c) Splice into phone line and a voice modulator.
(d) Pay phone and a voice modulator.
12. Garret listens in on a private meeting between his boss and which individual who convinces Stevens he needs his support to pass the budget?
13. General Heaney believes the assassins come from where?
(a) Far East.
(b) Middle East.
(d) United States.
14. How does Congressman Michael O'Rourke end the call when he is telephoned by the President who is seeking his vote for the budget?
(a) He excuses himself.
(b) He successfully bargains for the removal of the REA funding.
(c) He unsuccessfully bargains for the inclusion of the REA funding.
(d) He hangs up on the President.
15. Whom does Dr. Irene Kennedy believe is responsible for the murders of the prominent politicians?
(a) Military commandos.
(b) The Mafia.
(d) Right-wing radicals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael O'Rourke meets Scott Coleman at the cabin to discuss Olson's murder and is told what?
2. Speaker of the House Thomas Basset says on television that he will never do what?
3. What does the individual in the opening scene toss into the fire?
4. In Chapter 3, Michael O'Rourke is dictating some notes when which individual, whom he does not know, storms into his office?
5. McMahon meets with Heaney and Dr. Kennedy, who have been reviewing ex-commando personnel files, and they decide to do what?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)