|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In briefing Stevens and his staff about the investigation that has just begun, McMahon quickly grows impatient with whom?
(a) Jim Stevens.
(b) Brian Roach.
(c) Stu Garret.
(d) Mike Nance.
2. After the war, Jackson worked for which agency?
3. Stevens agrees the FBI must take the tape seriously, but, at whose suggestion, does not want its contents known by anyone else?
4. As the politicians ignore his warnings that the White House would be safer than Camp David, Secret Service Agent Jack Warch makes what transportation arrangements?
(a) Police helicopter from the White House lawn.
(b) Armored limousine from an underground lot.
(c) Military helicopter from the White House lawn.
(d) Armored limousine from the White House drive.
5. Garret and Mike Nance help Stevens determine a strategy to pacify the public while helping force whom to resign?
(a) Skip McMahon, Thomas Stansfield.
(b) Arthur Higgins, Harold J. Burmiester.
(c) Brian Roach, Skip McMahon.
(d) Brian Roach, Thomas Stansfield.
6. Despite Secret Service warnings against any public appearances, Basset decides to participate in what?
(a) A recorded radio interview.
(b) A taped television interview.
(c) A newspaper interview.
(d) A live television interview.
7. What does the President's Chief of Staff advise him to do if he becomes uncomfortable during an upcoming press conference?
(a) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a national security meeting.
(b) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a trade meeting.
(c) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a military briefing.
(d) Lie, end the conference early saying he must meet a foreign diplomat.
8. The individual storming into Michael O'Rourke's office threatens him with what if he does not vote as he is told?
(b) Political isolation.
(c) Severe physical injury.
9. McMahon and his team meet where along the Potomac River where the President's helicopter was left unprotected?
(a) Chain Bridge.
(b) 14th Street Bridge.
(c) Francis Scott Key Bridge.
(d) Aqueduct Bridge.
10. How does Congressman Michael O'Rourke end the call when he is telephoned by the President who is seeking his vote for the budget?
(a) He hangs up on the President.
(b) He unsuccessfully bargains for the inclusion of the REA funding.
(c) He successfully bargains for the removal of the REA funding.
(d) He excuses himself.
11. The President holds a meeting in the Situation Room and announces that who will be responsible for security of the remaining senators, congressmen, and their families?
(a) Counter-commando tactics military personnel.
(b) Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) military personnel.
(c) Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) law enforcement personnel.
(d) Navy SEALs.
12. The President suspends all official business until when?
(a) It is safe for everyone.
(b) All senior staff members are in seclusion.
(c) All the assassins are apprehended.
(d) The new security is in place.
13. In another secret meeting with Nance (who has concerns after Olson's death,) Higgins convinces him everything will be fine by when?
(a) In a few days.
(b) The next week.
(c) In two weeks.
(d) The next day.
14. What does the individual in the opening scene toss into the fire?
(a) Stacks of paper.
(b) Counterfeit money.
(c) Blood-soaked clothes.
15. Michael O'Rourke is not comfortable with the idea that politicians are being killed, but he sympathizes with the killers and their disgust with what in America?
(c) Foreign diplomacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the President's reaction to Olson's murder?
2. In Chapter 17, the assassins place several small radar units around what location as part of the trap they are laying?
3. Chapter 3 shows a brash side of Congressman O'Rourke that establishes his physical abilities and reminds the reader of Michael's what?
4. In Chapter 8, Stevens refers to the killers as what during his televised news broadcast?
5. As Michael O'Rourke and Liz Scarlatti go home from Blacky's Bar, he wonders if what he told someone has resulted in what?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)