|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suddenly arrives at the cabin and verifies what Scott Coleman is telling Michael O'Rourke about Olson's death?
(a) Arthur Higgins.
(b) Tim O'Rourke.
(c) Seamus O'Rourke.
(d) Kevin Hackett.
2. The President holds a meeting in the Situation Room and announces that who will be responsible for security of the remaining senators, congressmen, and their families?
(a) Navy SEALs.
(b) Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) military personnel.
(c) Counter-commando tactics military personnel.
(d) Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) law enforcement personnel.
3. When Nance is alone with Higgins, he tells Arthur that Warch knows that they blackmailed which legislator?
4. Early in the investigation, McMahon and Kennedy become aware of what?
(a) Breaking a neck is relatively easy, simpler than choking.
(b) Breaking a neck with bare hands is very easy, requires only strength.
(c) Breaking a neck with bare hands is fairly simple, a common technique.
(d) Breaking a neck with bare hands is very difficult, few can do it.
5. At the end of Chapter 16, the President and Garret are confident that the new coalition between the two parties will help Stevens secure a second term, and Nance does what?
(a) Cautions them not to take anything for granted.
(b) Arranges for the meeting at Camp David.
(c) Agrees with uncertainty.
(d) Agrees with them wholeheartedly.
6. Scott Coleman is afraid to use any of his contacts for information about Turnquist's death since doing so might do what?
(a) Prompt more killings.
(b) Jeopardize the contacts.
(c) Draw unwanted attention.
(d) Expose the assassins.
7. What does the man on the back of the motorcycle do upon pulling next to Olson's vehicle?
(a) Empties a semi-automatic handgun into the back seat.
(b) Tosses a brown paper bag on the vehicle's roof.
(c) Fires a machine gun into the back seat.
(d) Tosses a dark bag on the vehicle's roof.
8. Speaker of the House Thomas Basset says on television that he will never do what?
(a) Give in on the budget.
(b) Run from terrorists.
(c) Negotiate with terrorists.
(d) Give into political pressure.
9. Michael O'Rourke declines Olson's request to join him in the funeral procession, but then does what?
(a) He joins him at the last minute.
(b) He joins him at the cemetary.
(c) He goes wearing a bulletproof vest.
(d) He meets him afterward.
10. In Chapter 20, Scott Coleman warns Michael O'Rourke that there could be trouble if Olson takes the President's side, and that Michael should do what?
(a) Caution the President.
(b) Stay clear of Olson.
(c) Stay clear of the President.
(d) Caution Olson.
11. Olson has given the President how long to make some real changes before exposing his budget sham?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 10 days.
12. After the war, Jackson worked for which agency?
13. How does Congressman Michael O'Rourke end the call when he is telephoned by the President who is seeking his vote for the budget?
(a) He excuses himself.
(b) He successfully bargains for the removal of the REA funding.
(c) He hangs up on the President.
(d) He unsuccessfully bargains for the inclusion of the REA funding.
14. In Chapter 3, Michael O'Rourke is dictating some notes when which individual, whom he does not know, storms into his office?
(a) Jack Koslowski.
(b) Anthony Vanelli.
(c) Mike Nance.
(d) Stu Garret.
15. The Director of the FBI wants to review files of which retired or released personnel?
(a) Special Forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 1 begins with a description of what?
2. Jackson tells the O'Rourke men that he believes who is responsible for the deaths of Olson and Turnquist?
3. Michael O'Rourke meets Scott Coleman at the cabin to discuss Olson's murder and is told what?
4. When Michael O'Rourke finds out what is occurring, he insists they inform the FBI of what?
5. What does the President's Chief of Staff do at the close of Chapter 4?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)