|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When assassinating Basset, what means do the killers use to avoid injuring any civilians?
(a) The use a low-velocity, hollow-point bullet.
(b) They use a nitroglycerin-tipped bullet.
(c) They us a nitroglycerin-tipped dart.
(d) They us a hollow-point bullet.
2. Garret and Mike Nance help Stevens determine a strategy to pacify the public while helping force whom to resign?
(a) Brian Roach, Thomas Stansfield.
(b) Skip McMahon, Thomas Stansfield.
(c) Brian Roach, Skip McMahon.
(d) Arthur Higgins, Harold J. Burmiester.
3. The assassin in the opening scene does not regret having killed his victims as he feels they lacked what?
4. In Chapter 2, President Jim Stevens is meeting with Stu Garret and Mark Dickson to plot how to obtain the votes necessary to accomplish what?
(a) Pass the tax bill.
(b) Pass the national education bill.
(c) Pass the budget.
(d) Pass the anti-crime bill.
5. As the politicians ignore his warnings that the White House would be safer than Camp David, Secret Service Agent Jack Warch makes what transportation arrangements?
(a) Police helicopter from the White House lawn.
(b) Armored limousine from an underground lot.
(c) Armored limousine from the White House drive.
(d) Military helicopter from the White House lawn.
6. As McMahon plays the tape of the modulated call he got from Michael O'Rourke for the group in the Situation Room, who notices that Garret becomes noticeably upset?
7. In Chapter 17, the assassins place several small radar units around what location as part of the trap they are laying?
(b) White House.
(c) Supreme Court.
(d) Camp David.
8. What does Olson later do after making the offensive remark to Seamus O'Rourke?
(a) Slaps his face.
(b) Spits on him.
(c) Calls him a terrorist.
9. Michael O'Rourke declines Olson's request to join him in the funeral procession, but then does what?
(a) He goes wearing a bulletproof vest.
(b) He meets him afterward.
(c) He joins him at the cemetary.
(d) He joins him at the last minute.
10. Michael O'Rourke and his grandfather meet Olson for what shortly before the latter dies?
11. Senator Erik Olson decides to disregard the advice of the FBI and the Secret Service and does what?
(a) He goes to the funeral in a Secret Srvice vehicle.
(b) He goes to the funeral procession in an armored limousine.
(c) He goes to the funeral in an open carriage.
(d) He walks behind the funeral caissons.
12. Michael O'Rourke lost both of his parents in a car crash caused by a drunk driver with how many prior convictions for driving while intoxicated?
13. Michael O'Rourke meets Scott Coleman at the cabin to discuss Olson's murder and is told what?
(a) Scott can neither confirm nor deny.
(b) Scott cannot tell Michael who did it.
(c) Scott is responsible.
(d) Scott is not responsible.
14. What does the individual in the opening scene toss into the fire?
(a) Blood-soaked clothes.
(b) Stacks of paper.
(d) Counterfeit money.
15. The Ted Hopkinson poll shows that what percentage of those asked feel the nation will be better off after the political killings?
(a) Under 5%.
Short Answer Questions
1. When hunting the year before, Michael O'Rourke told Scott Coleman that who caused the leak leading to the deaths of eight of Coleman's men in Libya?
2. After Basset's death, a recorded message using a computerize voice is received at the ABC television network via what?
3. Scott Coleman is afraid to use any of his contacts for information about Turnquist's death since doing so might do what?
4. Michael O'Rourke is not comfortable with the idea that politicians are being killed, but he sympathizes with the killers and their disgust with what in America?
5. At the Turnquist crime scene, McMahon notes what about those guarding the congressman?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)