|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is guarding Congressman Burt Turnquist when the assassins kill him?
(a) Private security.
(b) Secret Service Agents.
(c) Military Police.
(d) U.S. Marshals.
2. Who is the third politician killed by the assassins?
(a) Daniel Fitzgerald.
(b) Robert Downs.
(c) Jack Koslowski.
(d) Harold Burmiester.
3. Liz Scarlatti introduces herself to Stevens as a reporter for which periodical?
(a) Washington Post.
(b) Washington Reader.
(c) Washington Times.
(d) Washington Herald.
4. What does the individual in the opening scene toss into the fire?
(a) Stacks of paper.
(c) Blood-soaked clothes.
(d) Counterfeit money.
5. As Michael O'Rourke and Liz Scarlatti go home from Blacky's Bar, he wonders if what he told someone has resulted in what?
(a) Dirty politics.
(d) A newspaper story.
6. Following Mark Coleman's death, Michael O'Rourke become more dissatisfied with what?
(a) America's crime problem.
(b) The American legal system.
(c) American politics.
(d) American democracy.
7. Speaker of the House Thomas Basset says on television that he will never do what?
(a) Negotiate with terrorists.
(b) Run from terrorists.
(c) Give in on the budget.
(d) Give into political pressure.
8. Whom does Dr. Irene Kennedy believe is responsible for the murders of the prominent politicians?
(a) Right-wing radicals.
(b) Military commandos.
(d) The Mafia.
9. When McMahon asks why he should believe the caller using a voice modulator, he is reminded of what?
(a) They had no problem with Olson.
(b) They did not kill the President when they had the opportunity.
(c) They are more selective in their targets.
(d) They had no problem with Turnquist.
10. After Basset's death, a recorded message using a computerize voice is received at the ABC television network via what?
(c) U.S. mail.
11. What reason is McMahon given for the President still being alive?
(a) The assassins wish to give him one more chance.
(b) The assassins wish to negotiate with him.
(c) The assassins do not want to kill those with him.
(d) The assassins do not wish to harm those in an adjacent public area.
12. McMahon tells his boss that he is getting no cooperation in his attempts to look at the personnel files for which members?
(a) Special Forces.
(b) Air Force Special Tactics Squadron.
(c) Marine Force Reconnaisance.
(d) Navy SEALs.
13. After the tape is done playing, Garret and McMahon argue in the Situation Room and who intervenes?
14. Michael O'Rourke is home contemplating what he has told someone as an assassin is watching him from where?
(a) A closet.
(b) A rooftop.
(c) The street.
(d) A window.
15. Garret instructs the President's Communications Director to ensure the public hears whose life stories?
(a) Olson's and the four Service Agents' killed with him.
(b) The four Secret Service Agents' and a police officer's.
(c) Olson's, Fitzgerald's, Koslowski's, and Downs'.
(d) The Four Secret Service Agents' killed in a car bombing.
Short Answer Questions
1. The President holds a meeting in the Situation Room and announces that who will be responsible for security of the remaining senators, congressmen, and their families?
2. In another secret meeting with Nance (who has concerns after Olson's death,) Higgins convinces him everything will be fine by when?
3. Senator Erik Olson decides to disregard the advice of the FBI and the Secret Service and does what?
4. Chapter 3 shows a brash side of Congressman O'Rourke that establishes his physical abilities and reminds the reader of Michael's what?
5. In briefing Stevens and his staff about the investigation that has just begun, McMahon quickly grows impatient with whom?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)