|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael O'Rourke meets Scott Coleman at the cabin to discuss Olson's murder and is told what?
(a) Scott is not responsible.
(b) Scott cannot tell Michael who did it.
(c) Scott is responsible.
(d) Scott can neither confirm nor deny.
2. What happens when a mysterious man named Arthur Higgins observes Michael O'Rourke with Olson?
(a) He hustles Olson to a vehicle.
(b) He follows them.
(c) He separates them.
(d) He gets furious.
3. After the tape is done playing, Garret and McMahon argue in the Situation Room and who intervenes?
4. Chapter 3 shows a brash side of Congressman O'Rourke that establishes his physical abilities and reminds the reader of Michael's what?
(a) Coast Guard training.
(b) Army training.
(c) Marine training.
(d) Navy training.
5. What is the occupation of the individual McMahon and Kennedy meet?
(a) Former Navy SEAL.
(b) Director of the CIA.
(c) Former Dark Ops CIA operative.
(d) Former Delta Forces Commander.
6. Michael O'Rourke wants to speak with Olson before the senator leaves for what event?
(a) White House conference.
(b) News conference.
(c) Camp David summit.
(d) Legislative vote.
7. The assassin in the opening scene does not regret having killed his victims as he feels they lacked what?
8. Director Thomas Stansfield gets a call from Director Brian Roach asking if the CIA thinks the murders are for reasons other than those stated where?
(a) A call.
(b) A classified ad.
(c) A tape.
(d) A letter.
9. The President suspends all official business until when?
(a) All the assassins are apprehended.
(b) All senior staff members are in seclusion.
(c) The new security is in place.
(d) It is safe for everyone.
10. FBI Special Agent Skip McMahon is responsible for investigating the three political killings and is impressed by what?
(a) The media's reporting.
(b) The killers' efficiency.
(c) The killers' speed.
(d) The killers' skillfulness.
11. What reason does Jackson give Michael O'Rourke for not going to the agency he names?
(a) Michael's girlfriend would be in danger.
(b) Seamus would be in danger.
(c) Michael would be in danger.
(d) Jackson would be in danger.
12. Speaker of the House Thomas Basset says on television that he will never do what?
(a) Give in on the budget.
(b) Negotiate with terrorists.
(c) Run from terrorists.
(d) Give into political pressure.
13. When Nance is alone with Higgins, he tells Arthur that Warch knows that they blackmailed which legislator?
14. Garret and Mike Nance help Stevens determine a strategy to pacify the public while helping force whom to resign?
(a) Brian Roach, Skip McMahon.
(b) Skip McMahon, Thomas Stansfield.
(c) Arthur Higgins, Harold J. Burmiester.
(d) Brian Roach, Thomas Stansfield.
15. In Chapter 3, Michael O'Rourke is dictating some notes when which individual, whom he does not know, storms into his office?
(a) Stu Garret.
(b) Mike Nance.
(c) Jack Koslowski.
(d) Anthony Vanelli.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael O'Rourke is not comfortable with the idea that politicians are being killed, but he sympathizes with the killers and their disgust with what in America?
2. Following his meeting at the White House, McMahon picks up Kennedy and goes to meet which individual?
3. What does the President's Chief of Staff do at the close of Chapter 4?
4. At his press conference in Chapter 4, the President announces that he has secured enough votes, and the author reveals what about Stevens?
5. In Chapter 2, President Jim Stevens is meeting with Stu Garret and Mark Dickson to plot how to obtain the votes necessary to accomplish what?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)