|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garret feels that by telling the public the murders are an attempt to block the President's budget, they have made Stevens look what?
(a) Firm, almost guaranteeing his re-election.
(b) Sympathetic, almost guaranteeing his re-election.
(c) Weak, virtually precluding budget passage.
(d) Resound, almost guaranteeing the passing of the budget.
2. Olson has given the President how long to make some real changes before exposing his budget sham?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 weeks.
3. What does Olson later do after making the offensive remark to Seamus O'Rourke?
(a) Slaps his face.
(b) Spits on him.
(c) Calls him a terrorist.
4. What does Michael O'Rourke do since his friend, Mark Coleman, was killed by an addict with multiple convictions for armed robbery that has been released early?
(a) He goes everywhere with a hired driver.
(b) He carries a gun with a special permit.
(c) He stays off the streets after dark.
(d) He resumes the martial arts training he learned as a Marine.
5. Michael O'Rourke is not comfortable with the idea that politicians are being killed, but he sympathizes with the killers and their disgust with what in America?
(d) Foreign diplomacy.
6. According to Jackson, the first victim to die together with his guards may have been killed for what reason?
(a) To mislead.
(b) For revenge.
(c) For power.
(d) For knowledge.
7. Who demands that Secret Service Director Alex Tracy fire Harry Dorle, the agent in charge of Basset's safety?
(a) Stu Garret.
(b) Mrs. Bassett.
(c) Jim Stevens.
(d) Brian Roach.
8. When it is suggested that Stevens employ increased military security at the White House, what is his response?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He agrees only to an increase in plain-clothes security.
(c) He agrees only to hidden sharpshooters on surrounding buildings.
(d) He declines.
9. Early in the investigation, McMahon and Kennedy become aware of what?
(a) Breaking a neck is relatively easy, simpler than choking.
(b) Breaking a neck with bare hands is very difficult, few can do it.
(c) Breaking a neck with bare hands is fairly simple, a common technique.
(d) Breaking a neck with bare hands is very easy, requires only strength.
10. As Michael O'Rourke and Liz Scarlatti go home from Blacky's Bar, he wonders if what he told someone has resulted in what?
(c) A newspaper story.
(d) Dirty politics.
11. In briefing Stevens and his staff about the investigation that has just begun, McMahon quickly grows impatient with whom?
(a) Mike Nance.
(b) Brian Roach.
(c) Stu Garret.
(d) Jim Stevens.
12. The individual storming into Michael O'Rourke's office threatens him with what if he does not vote as he is told?
(a) Political isolation.
(b) Severe physical injury.
13. Michael O'Rourke is home contemplating what he has told someone as an assassin is watching him from where?
(a) A rooftop.
(b) The street.
(c) A closet.
(d) A window.
14. Scott Coleman is afraid to use any of his contacts for information about Turnquist's death since doing so might do what?
(a) Jeopardize the contacts.
(b) Draw unwanted attention.
(c) Prompt more killings.
(d) Expose the assassins.
15. When McMahon asks why he should believe the caller using a voice modulator, he is reminded of what?
(a) They are more selective in their targets.
(b) They did not kill the President when they had the opportunity.
(c) They had no problem with Olson.
(d) They had no problem with Turnquist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 1 begins with a description of what?
2. Speaker of the House Thomas Basset says on television that he will never do what?
3. Following Mark Coleman's death, Michael O'Rourke become more dissatisfied with what?
4. What does Michael O'Rourke do when Olson offers to introduce him to the President?
5. Despite Secret Service warnings against any public appearances, Basset decides to participate in what?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)