|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the individual in the opening scene toss into the fire?
(a) Counterfeit money.
(c) Stacks of paper.
(d) Blood-soaked clothes.
2. Michael O'Rourke is not comfortable with the idea that politicians are being killed, but he sympathizes with the killers and their disgust with what in America?
(b) Foreign diplomacy.
3. Chapter 1 begins with a description of what?
(a) An old wooden cabin surrounded by trees.
(b) A camping trailer isolated in the woods.
(c) A home in the middle-class suburbs.
(d) An apartment in the city slums.
4. When killing Congressman Jack Koslowski, the assassination team goes to great pains to avoid killing a dog or the owner who is a retired what?
(b) Market analyst.
5. In another secret meeting with Nance (who has concerns after Olson's death,) Higgins convinces him everything will be fine by when?
(a) In two weeks.
(b) The next day.
(c) The next week.
(d) In a few days.
6. How does the assassin kill Senator Daniel Fitzgerald?
(a) Lethal injection.
(b) Breaks his neck.
(c) Car bomb.
7. What does the man on the back of the motorcycle do upon pulling next to Olson's vehicle?
(a) Fires a machine gun into the back seat.
(b) Tosses a brown paper bag on the vehicle's roof.
(c) Empties a semi-automatic handgun into the back seat.
(d) Tosses a dark bag on the vehicle's roof.
8. As McMahon plays the tape of the modulated call he got from Michael O'Rourke for the group in the Situation Room, who notices that Garret becomes noticeably upset?
9. Liz Scarlatti introduces herself to Stevens as a reporter for which periodical?
(a) Washington Times.
(b) Washington Herald.
(c) Washington Reader.
(d) Washington Post.
10. Scott Coleman is afraid to use any of his contacts for information about Turnquist's death since doing so might do what?
(a) Jeopardize the contacts.
(b) Expose the assassins.
(c) Prompt more killings.
(d) Draw unwanted attention.
11. When assassinating Basset, what means do the killers use to avoid injuring any civilians?
(a) They us a hollow-point bullet.
(b) They use a nitroglycerin-tipped bullet.
(c) The use a low-velocity, hollow-point bullet.
(d) They us a nitroglycerin-tipped dart.
12. McMahon and his team meet where along the Potomac River where the President's helicopter was left unprotected?
(a) 14th Street Bridge.
(b) Aqueduct Bridge.
(c) Francis Scott Key Bridge.
(d) Chain Bridge.
13. Speaker of the House Thomas Basset says on television that he will never do what?
(a) Run from terrorists.
(b) Negotiate with terrorists.
(c) Give into political pressure.
(d) Give in on the budget.
14. What does the President's Chief of Staff do at the close of Chapter 4?
(a) Praises the President.
(b) Advises the President.
(c) Scolds the President.
(d) Leads the President into a meeting.
15. What is the President's reaction to Olson's murder?
Short Answer Questions
1. General Heaney believes the assassins come from where?
2. Michael O'Rourke and his grandfather meet Olson for what shortly before the latter dies?
3. FBI Special Agent Skip McMahon is responsible for investigating the three political killings and is impressed by what?
4. Following Mark Coleman's death, Michael O'Rourke become more dissatisfied with what?
5. Garret and Mike Nance help Stevens determine a strategy to pacify the public while helping force whom to resign?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)