Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garret instructs the President's Communications Director to ensure the public hears whose life stories?
(a) The Four Secret Service Agents' killed in a car bombing.
(b) Olson's and the four Service Agents' killed with him.
(c) Olson's, Fitzgerald's, Koslowski's, and Downs'.
(d) The four Secret Service Agents' and a police officer's.
2. Who is guarding Congressman Burt Turnquist when the assassins kill him?
(a) Military Police.
(b) Private security.
(c) Secret Service Agents.
(d) U.S. Marshals.
3. McMahon tells his boss that he is getting no cooperation in his attempts to look at the personnel files for which members?
(a) Special Forces.
(b) Air Force Special Tactics Squadron.
(c) Marine Force Reconnaisance.
(d) Navy SEALs.
4. In briefing Stevens and his staff about the investigation that has just begun, McMahon quickly grows impatient with whom?
(a) Stu Garret.
(b) Mike Nance.
(c) Brian Roach.
(d) Jim Stevens.
5. What does Olson later do after making the offensive remark to Seamus O'Rourke?
(a) Calls him a terrorist.
(c) Spits on him.
(d) Slaps his face.
6. When assassinating Basset, what means do the killers use to avoid injuring any civilians?
(a) The use a low-velocity, hollow-point bullet.
(b) They use a nitroglycerin-tipped bullet.
(c) They us a nitroglycerin-tipped dart.
(d) They us a hollow-point bullet.
7. According to Jackson, the first victim to die together with his guards may have been killed for what reason?
(a) For power.
(b) For knowledge.
(c) To mislead.
(d) For revenge.
8. Whom does Dr. Irene Kennedy believe is responsible for the murders of the prominent politicians?
(a) Right-wing radicals.
(b) The Mafia.
(c) Military commandos.
9. Michael O'Rourke meets Scott Coleman at the cabin to discuss Olson's murder and is told what?
(a) Scott is responsible.
(b) Scott is not responsible.
(c) Scott can neither confirm nor deny.
(d) Scott cannot tell Michael who did it.
10. Who demands that Secret Service Director Alex Tracy fire Harry Dorle, the agent in charge of Basset's safety?
(a) Mrs. Bassett.
(b) Jim Stevens.
(c) Brian Roach.
(d) Stu Garret.
11. What reason does Jackson give Michael O'Rourke for not going to the agency he names?
(a) Michael would be in danger.
(b) Seamus would be in danger.
(c) Michael's girlfriend would be in danger.
(d) Jackson would be in danger.
12. In Chapter 8, Stevens refers to the killers as what during his televised news broadcast?
13. How does the assassin kill Senator Daniel Fitzgerald?
(a) Lethal injection.
(b) Breaks his neck.
(d) Car bomb.
14. After Basset's death, a recorded message using a computerize voice is received at the ABC television network via what?
(a) U.S. mail.
15. Garret and Mike Nance help Stevens determine a strategy to pacify the public while helping force whom to resign?
(a) Arthur Higgins, Harold J. Burmiester.
(b) Brian Roach, Thomas Stansfield.
(c) Skip McMahon, Thomas Stansfield.
(d) Brian Roach, Skip McMahon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when a mysterious man named Arthur Higgins observes Michael O'Rourke with Olson?
2. Olson offends Seamus O'Rourke with a comment about his past connection to what organization?
3. Michael O'Rourke is not comfortable with the idea that politicians are being killed, but he sympathizes with the killers and their disgust with what in America?
4. What is the President's reaction to Olson's murder?
5. In another secret meeting with Nance (who has concerns after Olson's death,) Higgins convinces him everything will be fine by when?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)