|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stevens is primarily concerned with how the assassinations will affect what?
(a) His freedom to travel.
(b) U.S. foreign trade.
(c) U.S. tourism.
(d) His place in history.
2. Who demands that Secret Service Director Alex Tracy fire Harry Dorle, the agent in charge of Basset's safety?
(a) Jim Stevens.
(b) Mrs. Bassett.
(c) Brian Roach.
(d) Stu Garret.
3. In Chapter 17, the assassins place several small radar units around what location as part of the trap they are laying?
(a) White House.
(b) Supreme Court.
(d) Camp David.
4. McMahon wants to accompany Roach to a meeting so that he can see whose face when he realizes the assassins have him as a target?
5. Following Mark Coleman's death, Michael O'Rourke become more dissatisfied with what?
(a) American democracy.
(b) The American legal system.
(c) America's crime problem.
(d) American politics.
6. When assassinating Basset, what means do the killers use to avoid injuring any civilians?
(a) The use a low-velocity, hollow-point bullet.
(b) They us a hollow-point bullet.
(c) They use a nitroglycerin-tipped bullet.
(d) They us a nitroglycerin-tipped dart.
7. What does the man on the back of the motorcycle do upon pulling next to Olson's vehicle?
(a) Fires a machine gun into the back seat.
(b) Tosses a dark bag on the vehicle's roof.
(c) Empties a semi-automatic handgun into the back seat.
(d) Tosses a brown paper bag on the vehicle's roof.
8. The President holds a meeting in the Situation Room and announces that who will be responsible for security of the remaining senators, congressmen, and their families?
(a) Navy SEALs.
(b) Counter-commando tactics military personnel.
(c) Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) law enforcement personnel.
(d) Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) military personnel.
9. According to Jackson, the first victim to die together with his guards may have been killed for what reason?
(a) For knowledge.
(b) To mislead.
(c) For revenge.
(d) For power.
10. Jackson tells the O'Rourke men that he believes who is responsible for the deaths of Olson and Turnquist?
11. Stevens agrees the FBI must take the tape seriously, but, at whose suggestion, does not want its contents known by anyone else?
12. In briefing Stevens and his staff about the investigation that has just begun, McMahon quickly grows impatient with whom?
(a) Stu Garret.
(b) Mike Nance.
(c) Brian Roach.
(d) Jim Stevens.
13. When hunting the year before, Michael O'Rourke told Scott Coleman that who caused the leak leading to the deaths of eight of Coleman's men in Libya?
14. What does Garret tell the National Security adviser he worries the deaths of Koslowski and Basset will do?
(a) Send the country into mass hysteria.
(b) Prevent the President's re-election.
(c) Deadlock the Senate and House.
(d) Force the President into hiding.
15. Who is the third politician killed by the assassins?
(a) Daniel Fitzgerald.
(b) Harold Burmiester.
(c) Jack Koslowski.
(d) Robert Downs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the President's Chief of Staff do at the close of Chapter 4?
2. FBI Special Agent Skip McMahon is responsible for investigating the three political killings and is impressed by what?
3. Garret instructs the President's Communications Director to ensure the public hears whose life stories?
4. What does the President's Chief of Staff advise him to do if he becomes uncomfortable during an upcoming press conference?
5. Garret listens in on a private meeting between his boss and which individual who convinces Stevens he needs his support to pass the budget?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)