|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who demands that Secret Service Director Alex Tracy fire Harry Dorle, the agent in charge of Basset's safety?
(a) Brian Roach.
(b) Mrs. Bassett.
(c) Jim Stevens.
(d) Stu Garret.
2. At the Turnquist crime scene, McMahon notes what about those guarding the congressman?
(a) Each was caught off guard.
(b) Two were asleep while the other two guarded.
(c) Two were inside, two were outside.
(d) Only one reached for his gun.
3. Olson has given the President how long to make some real changes before exposing his budget sham?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
4. The individual storming into Michael O'Rourke's office threatens him with what if he does not vote as he is told?
(a) Political isolation.
(d) Severe physical injury.
5. At the end of Chapter 16, the President and Garret are confident that the new coalition between the two parties will help Stevens secure a second term, and Nance does what?
(a) Arranges for the meeting at Camp David.
(b) Agrees with them wholeheartedly.
(c) Cautions them not to take anything for granted.
(d) Agrees with uncertainty.
6. Chapter 3 shows a brash side of Congressman O'Rourke that establishes his physical abilities and reminds the reader of Michael's what?
(a) Coast Guard training.
(b) Marine training.
(c) Army training.
(d) Navy training.
7. What is the President's reaction to Olson's murder?
8. Who is guarding Congressman Burt Turnquist when the assassins kill him?
(a) Military Police.
(b) Private security.
(c) U.S. Marshals.
(d) Secret Service Agents.
9. How does the assassin kill Senator Daniel Fitzgerald?
(b) Breaks his neck.
(c) Lethal injection.
(d) Car bomb.
10. Garret and Mike Nance help Stevens determine a strategy to pacify the public while helping force whom to resign?
(a) Brian Roach, Thomas Stansfield.
(b) Skip McMahon, Thomas Stansfield.
(c) Arthur Higgins, Harold J. Burmiester.
(d) Brian Roach, Skip McMahon.
11. What reason does Jackson give Michael O'Rourke for not going to the agency he names?
(a) Michael would be in danger.
(b) Michael's girlfriend would be in danger.
(c) Jackson would be in danger.
(d) Seamus would be in danger.
12. Who suddenly arrives at the cabin and verifies what Scott Coleman is telling Michael O'Rourke about Olson's death?
(a) Arthur Higgins.
(b) Seamus O'Rourke.
(c) Tim O'Rourke.
(d) Kevin Hackett.
13. As McMahon plays the tape of the modulated call he got from Michael O'Rourke for the group in the Situation Room, who notices that Garret becomes noticeably upset?
14. Director Thomas Stansfield gets a call from Director Brian Roach asking if the CIA thinks the murders are for reasons other than those stated where?
(a) A tape.
(b) A call.
(c) A letter.
(d) A classified ad.
15. The assassin in the opening scene does not regret having killed his victims as he feels they lacked what?
Short Answer Questions
1. McMahon and his team meet where along the Potomac River where the President's helicopter was left unprotected?
2. The Director of the FBI wants to review files of which retired or released personnel?
3. In briefing Stevens and his staff about the investigation that has just begun, McMahon quickly grows impatient with whom?
4. Garret listens in on a private meeting between his boss and which individual who convinces Stevens he needs his support to pass the budget?
5. After the war, Jackson worked for which agency?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)