|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garret tell the National Security adviser he worries the deaths of Koslowski and Basset will do?
(a) Prevent the President's re-election.
(b) Deadlock the Senate and House.
(c) Send the country into mass hysteria.
(d) Force the President into hiding.
2. Who suddenly arrives at the cabin and verifies what Scott Coleman is telling Michael O'Rourke about Olson's death?
(a) Kevin Hackett.
(b) Arthur Higgins.
(c) Tim O'Rourke.
(d) Seamus O'Rourke.
3. What does Olson later do after making the offensive remark to Seamus O'Rourke?
(a) Calls him a terrorist.
(c) Spits on him.
(d) Slaps his face.
4. What happens when a mysterious man named Arthur Higgins observes Michael O'Rourke with Olson?
(a) He separates them.
(b) He gets furious.
(c) He hustles Olson to a vehicle.
(d) He follows them.
5. After viewing the bodies at the Turnquist crime scene, Dr. Kennedy and General Heaney believe the killers are what?
(a) Police S.W.A.T. members.
(b) Military comandos.
(d) Political extremists.
6. What does Michael O'Rourke do since his friend, Mark Coleman, was killed by an addict with multiple convictions for armed robbery that has been released early?
(a) He carries a gun with a special permit.
(b) He stays off the streets after dark.
(c) He resumes the martial arts training he learned as a Marine.
(d) He goes everywhere with a hired driver.
7. FBI Special Agent Skip McMahon is responsible for investigating the three political killings and is impressed by what?
(a) The killers' speed.
(b) The media's reporting.
(c) The killers' efficiency.
(d) The killers' skillfulness.
8. At the Turnquist crime scene, McMahon notes what about those guarding the congressman?
(a) Only one reached for his gun.
(b) Two were asleep while the other two guarded.
(c) Two were inside, two were outside.
(d) Each was caught off guard.
9. How does the assassin kill Senator Daniel Fitzgerald?
(a) Car bomb.
(b) Lethal injection.
(d) Breaks his neck.
10. The Director of the FBI wants to review files of which retired or released personnel?
(b) Special Forces.
11. Jackson tells the O'Rourke men that he believes who is responsible for the deaths of Olson and Turnquist?
12. When it is suggested that Stevens employ increased military security at the White House, what is his response?
(a) He declines.
(b) He agrees only to an increase in plain-clothes security.
(c) He agrees only to hidden sharpshooters on surrounding buildings.
(d) He agrees.
13. How does Congressman Michael O'Rourke end the call when he is telephoned by the President who is seeking his vote for the budget?
(a) He unsuccessfully bargains for the inclusion of the REA funding.
(b) He excuses himself.
(c) He hangs up on the President.
(d) He successfully bargains for the removal of the REA funding.
14. Michael O'Rourke is home contemplating what he has told someone as an assassin is watching him from where?
(a) A rooftop.
(b) The street.
(c) A window.
(d) A closet.
15. McMahon and his team meet where along the Potomac River where the President's helicopter was left unprotected?
(a) 14th Street Bridge.
(b) Francis Scott Key Bridge.
(c) Aqueduct Bridge.
(d) Chain Bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jackson, the first victim to die together with his guards may have been killed for what reason?
2. What reason does Jackson give Michael O'Rourke for not going to the agency he names?
3. The assassin in the opening scene does not regret having killed his victims as he feels they lacked what?
4. Michael O'Rourke and his grandfather meet Olson for what shortly before the latter dies?
5. Following his meeting at the White House, McMahon picks up Kennedy and goes to meet which individual?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)