|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Michael O'Rourke and Liz Scarlatti go home from Blacky's Bar, he wonders if what he told someone has resulted in what?
(b) Dirty politics.
(c) A newspaper story.
2. What does the President's Chief of Staff do at the close of Chapter 4?
(a) Advises the President.
(b) Leads the President into a meeting.
(c) Scolds the President.
(d) Praises the President.
3. What does Michael O'Rourke do when Olson offers to introduce him to the President?
(a) Says he will another day.
(c) Accepts with great hesitation.
(d) Accepts eagerly.
4. Chapter 3 shows a brash side of Congressman O'Rourke that establishes his physical abilities and reminds the reader of Michael's what?
(a) Marine training.
(b) Navy training.
(c) Coast Guard training.
(d) Army training.
5. Jackson tells the O'Rourke men that he believes who is responsible for the deaths of Olson and Turnquist?
6. As the politicians ignore his warnings that the White House would be safer than Camp David, Secret Service Agent Jack Warch makes what transportation arrangements?
(a) Police helicopter from the White House lawn.
(b) Military helicopter from the White House lawn.
(c) Armored limousine from an underground lot.
(d) Armored limousine from the White House drive.
7. Whom does Dr. Irene Kennedy believe is responsible for the murders of the prominent politicians?
(b) Military commandos.
(c) Right-wing radicals.
(d) The Mafia.
8. When hunting the year before, Michael O'Rourke told Scott Coleman that who caused the leak leading to the deaths of eight of Coleman's men in Libya?
9. Scott Coleman uses what to contact McMahon and relay information about the killings?
(a) Disposable phone and a voice modulator.
(b) Pay phone and a voice modulator.
(c) Splice into phone line and a voice modulator.
(d) Mobile scramble phone and a voice modulator.
10. When it is suggested that Stevens employ increased military security at the White House, what is his response?
(a) He declines.
(b) He agrees only to hidden sharpshooters on surrounding buildings.
(c) He agrees only to an increase in plain-clothes security.
(d) He agrees.
11. When killing Congressman Jack Koslowski, the assassination team goes to great pains to avoid killing a dog or the owner who is a retired what?
(d) Market analyst.
12. Who is the third politician killed by the assassins?
(a) Robert Downs.
(b) Harold Burmiester.
(c) Daniel Fitzgerald.
(d) Jack Koslowski.
13. The Ted Hopkinson poll shows that what percentage of those asked feel the nation will be better off after the political killings?
(a) Under 5%.
14. Following his meeting at the White House, McMahon picks up Kennedy and goes to meet which individual?
(a) Gus Mitchell.
(b) Arthur Higgins.
(c) Thomas Stansfield.
(d) Scott Coleman.
15. Chapter 1 begins with a description of what?
(a) A camping trailer isolated in the woods.
(b) A home in the middle-class suburbs.
(c) An old wooden cabin surrounded by trees.
(d) An apartment in the city slums.
Short Answer Questions
1. The President suspends all official business until when?
2. Scott Coleman is afraid to use any of his contacts for information about Turnquist's death since doing so might do what?
3. Stevens agrees the FBI must take the tape seriously, but, at whose suggestion, does not want its contents known by anyone else?
4. After the war, Jackson worked for which agency?
5. What reason is McMahon given for the President still being alive?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)