|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. McMahon tells his boss that he is getting no cooperation in his attempts to look at the personnel files for which members?
(a) Navy SEALs.
(b) Air Force Special Tactics Squadron.
(c) Marine Force Reconnaisance.
(d) Special Forces.
2. Michael O'Rourke is home contemplating what he has told someone as an assassin is watching him from where?
(a) A window.
(b) The street.
(c) A closet.
(d) A rooftop.
3. In Chapter 2, President Jim Stevens is meeting with Stu Garret and Mark Dickson to plot how to obtain the votes necessary to accomplish what?
(a) Pass the tax bill.
(b) Pass the budget.
(c) Pass the anti-crime bill.
(d) Pass the national education bill.
4. In briefing Stevens and his staff about the investigation that has just begun, McMahon quickly grows impatient with whom?
(a) Brian Roach.
(b) Mike Nance.
(c) Stu Garret.
(d) Jim Stevens.
5. After viewing the bodies at the Turnquist crime scene, Dr. Kennedy and General Heaney believe the killers are what?
(a) Political extremists.
(b) Police S.W.A.T. members.
(d) Military comandos.
6. Rumor has it that Higgins was forced out of the CIA as they could not control his behavior, and he often did things without whose approval?
(a) The President's and CIA Director's.
(b) The Dark Ops head's and CIA Director's.
(c) The CIA Director's and Congress'.
(d) The President's and Congress'.
7. Jackson tells the O'Rourke men that he believes who is responsible for the deaths of Olson and Turnquist?
8. What does the President's Chief of Staff advise him to do if he becomes uncomfortable during an upcoming press conference?
(a) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a trade meeting.
(b) Lie, end the conference early saying he must meet a foreign diplomat.
(c) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a military briefing.
(d) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a national security meeting.
9. Whom does Dr. Irene Kennedy believe is responsible for the murders of the prominent politicians?
(b) Right-wing radicals.
(c) Military commandos.
(d) The Mafia.
10. The President holds a meeting in the Situation Room and announces that who will be responsible for security of the remaining senators, congressmen, and their families?
(a) Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) military personnel.
(b) Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) law enforcement personnel.
(c) Navy SEALs.
(d) Counter-commando tactics military personnel.
11. Where do Seamus and Michael O'Rourke travel to meet with Augie Jackson?
(b) West Virginia.
(c) North Carolina.
12. Michael O'Rourke wants to speak with Olson before the senator leaves for what event?
(a) Camp David summit.
(b) White House conference.
(c) News conference.
(d) Legislative vote.
13. At his press conference in Chapter 4, the President announces that he has secured enough votes, and the author reveals what about Stevens?
(a) He sought the legislation for the country's betterment.
(b) He relies on leadership, voice acting, and personality skills.
(c) He likes to manipulate the media.
(d) He is confident he can get whatever he wants fairly.
14. In Chapter 8, Stevens refers to the killers as what during his televised news broadcast?
15. Following Mark Coleman's death, Michael O'Rourke become more dissatisfied with what?
(a) American democracy.
(b) The American legal system.
(c) American politics.
(d) America's crime problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Speaker of the House Thomas Basset says on television that he will never do what?
2. Who demands that Secret Service Director Alex Tracy fire Harry Dorle, the agent in charge of Basset's safety?
3. What is the President's reaction to Olson's murder?
4. Scott Coleman uses what to contact McMahon and relay information about the killings?
5. The Director of the FBI wants to review files of which retired or released personnel?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)