|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Director of the FBI wants to review files of which retired or released personnel?
(b) Special Forces.
2. General Heaney believes the assassins come from where?
(b) Far East.
(c) Middle East.
(d) United States.
3. In another secret meeting with Nance (who has concerns after Olson's death,) Higgins convinces him everything will be fine by when?
(a) The next week.
(b) In a few days.
(c) In two weeks.
(d) The next day.
4. In briefing Stevens and his staff about the investigation that has just begun, McMahon quickly grows impatient with whom?
(a) Mike Nance.
(b) Brian Roach.
(c) Jim Stevens.
(d) Stu Garret.
5. Michael O'Rourke meets Scott Coleman at the cabin to discuss Olson's murder and is told what?
(a) Scott can neither confirm nor deny.
(b) Scott is responsible.
(c) Scott cannot tell Michael who did it.
(d) Scott is not responsible.
6. Despite Secret Service warnings against any public appearances, Basset decides to participate in what?
(a) A taped television interview.
(b) A recorded radio interview.
(c) A newspaper interview.
(d) A live television interview.
7. What happens when a mysterious man named Arthur Higgins observes Michael O'Rourke with Olson?
(a) He follows them.
(b) He gets furious.
(c) He hustles Olson to a vehicle.
(d) He separates them.
8. Garret and Mike Nance help Stevens determine a strategy to pacify the public while helping force whom to resign?
(a) Brian Roach, Skip McMahon.
(b) Arthur Higgins, Harold J. Burmiester.
(c) Brian Roach, Thomas Stansfield.
(d) Skip McMahon, Thomas Stansfield.
9. What does the President's Chief of Staff do at the close of Chapter 4?
(a) Scolds the President.
(b) Advises the President.
(c) Leads the President into a meeting.
(d) Praises the President.
10. In Chapter 8, Stevens refers to the killers as what during his televised news broadcast?
11. What does the President's Chief of Staff advise him to do if he becomes uncomfortable during an upcoming press conference?
(a) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a military briefing.
(b) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a trade meeting.
(c) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a national security meeting.
(d) Lie, end the conference early saying he must meet a foreign diplomat.
12. At the Turnquist crime scene, McMahon notes what about those guarding the congressman?
(a) Only one reached for his gun.
(b) Two were asleep while the other two guarded.
(c) Each was caught off guard.
(d) Two were inside, two were outside.
13. Stevens is primarily concerned with how the assassinations will affect what?
(a) His freedom to travel.
(b) U.S. tourism.
(c) U.S. foreign trade.
(d) His place in history.
14. Scott Coleman uses what to contact McMahon and relay information about the killings?
(a) Mobile scramble phone and a voice modulator.
(b) Disposable phone and a voice modulator.
(c) Pay phone and a voice modulator.
(d) Splice into phone line and a voice modulator.
15. Whom does Dr. Irene Kennedy believe is responsible for the murders of the prominent politicians?
(a) Military commandos.
(c) The Mafia.
(d) Right-wing radicals.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the politicians ignore his warnings that the White House would be safer than Camp David, Secret Service Agent Jack Warch makes what transportation arrangements?
2. How does Congressman Michael O'Rourke end the call when he is telephoned by the President who is seeking his vote for the budget?
3. Garret instructs the President's Communications Director to ensure the public hears whose life stories?
4. The President suspends all official business until when?
5. When Michael O'Rourke finds out what is occurring, he insists they inform the FBI of what?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)