|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the President's Chief of Staff advise him to do if he becomes uncomfortable during an upcoming press conference?
(a) Lie, end the conference early saying he must meet a foreign diplomat.
(b) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a national security meeting.
(c) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a trade meeting.
(d) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a military briefing.
2. What reason is McMahon given for the President still being alive?
(a) The assassins wish to negotiate with him.
(b) The assassins do not want to kill those with him.
(c) The assassins wish to give him one more chance.
(d) The assassins do not wish to harm those in an adjacent public area.
3. Stevens arrives at Camp David and asks a senior agent how the killers knew what?
(a) Virtually his every move.
(b) The helicopter he was on.
(c) He was on the helicopter and not in a vehicle.
(d) He was going to Camp David.
4. When assassinating Basset, what means do the killers use to avoid injuring any civilians?
(a) The use a low-velocity, hollow-point bullet.
(b) They us a nitroglycerin-tipped dart.
(c) They us a hollow-point bullet.
(d) They use a nitroglycerin-tipped bullet.
5. At the Turnquist crime scene, McMahon notes what about those guarding the congressman?
(a) Two were asleep while the other two guarded.
(b) Each was caught off guard.
(c) Two were inside, two were outside.
(d) Only one reached for his gun.
6. What does Michael O'Rourke do since his friend, Mark Coleman, was killed by an addict with multiple convictions for armed robbery that has been released early?
(a) He stays off the streets after dark.
(b) He resumes the martial arts training he learned as a Marine.
(c) He carries a gun with a special permit.
(d) He goes everywhere with a hired driver.
7. Stevens is primarily concerned with how the assassinations will affect what?
(a) U.S. foreign trade.
(b) His freedom to travel.
(c) His place in history.
(d) U.S. tourism.
8. Jackson tells the O'Rourke men that he believes who is responsible for the deaths of Olson and Turnquist?
9. After the war, Jackson worked for which agency?
10. Early in the investigation, McMahon and Kennedy become aware of what?
(a) Breaking a neck with bare hands is very difficult, few can do it.
(b) Breaking a neck with bare hands is fairly simple, a common technique.
(c) Breaking a neck is relatively easy, simpler than choking.
(d) Breaking a neck with bare hands is very easy, requires only strength.
11. As the politicians ignore his warnings that the White House would be safer than Camp David, Secret Service Agent Jack Warch makes what transportation arrangements?
(a) Armored limousine from an underground lot.
(b) Armored limousine from the White House drive.
(c) Military helicopter from the White House lawn.
(d) Police helicopter from the White House lawn.
12. At his press conference in Chapter 4, the President announces that he has secured enough votes, and the author reveals what about Stevens?
(a) He sought the legislation for the country's betterment.
(b) He relies on leadership, voice acting, and personality skills.
(c) He likes to manipulate the media.
(d) He is confident he can get whatever he wants fairly.
13. Director Thomas Stansfield gets a call from Director Brian Roach asking if the CIA thinks the murders are for reasons other than those stated where?
(a) A call.
(b) A tape.
(c) A letter.
(d) A classified ad.
14. McMahon wants to accompany Roach to a meeting so that he can see whose face when he realizes the assassins have him as a target?
15. Garret and Mike Nance help Stevens determine a strategy to pacify the public while helping force whom to resign?
(a) Arthur Higgins, Harold J. Burmiester.
(b) Skip McMahon, Thomas Stansfield.
(c) Brian Roach, Skip McMahon.
(d) Brian Roach, Thomas Stansfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael O'Rourke lost both of his parents in a car crash caused by a drunk driver with how many prior convictions for driving while intoxicated?
2. Whom does Dr. Irene Kennedy believe is responsible for the murders of the prominent politicians?
3. McMahon and his team meet where along the Potomac River where the President's helicopter was left unprotected?
4. Who is guarding Congressman Burt Turnquist when the assassins kill him?
5. As McMahon plays the tape of the modulated call he got from Michael O'Rourke for the group in the Situation Room, who notices that Garret becomes noticeably upset?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)