|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. McMahon meets with Heaney and Dr. Kennedy, who have been reviewing ex-commando personnel files, and they decide to do what?
(a) Narrow the field of suspects, then place them under surveillance.
(b) Place their suspects under surveillance.
(c) Call suspects to active duty, confining them to military quarters.
(d) Call suspects to active duty, dispatching them to the Middle East.
2. In Chapter 2, President Jim Stevens is meeting with Stu Garret and Mark Dickson to plot how to obtain the votes necessary to accomplish what?
(a) Pass the tax bill.
(b) Pass the budget.
(c) Pass the national education bill.
(d) Pass the anti-crime bill.
3. How does the assassin kill Senator Daniel Fitzgerald?
(a) Car bomb.
(b) Breaks his neck.
(d) Lethal injection.
4. During their last meeting together, who gets into a disagreement?
(a) Scott Coleman and Michael O'Rourke.
(b) Seamus O'Rourke and Olson.
(c) Seamus O'Rourke and Michael O'Rourke.
(d) Olson and Michael O'Rourke.
5. The Ted Hopkinson poll shows that what percentage of those asked feel the nation will be better off after the political killings?
(b) Under 5%.
6. Olson offends Seamus O'Rourke with a comment about his past connection to what organization?
(a) Irish National Liberation Army.
(b) Irish Liberation Army.
(c) Irish People's Liberation Organization.
(d) Irish Republican Army.
7. Michael O'Rourke and his grandfather meet Olson for what shortly before the latter dies?
8. Scott Coleman is afraid to use any of his contacts for information about Turnquist's death since doing so might do what?
(a) Draw unwanted attention.
(b) Expose the assassins.
(c) Jeopardize the contacts.
(d) Prompt more killings.
9. When hunting the year before, Michael O'Rourke told Scott Coleman that who caused the leak leading to the deaths of eight of Coleman's men in Libya?
10. As McMahon plays the tape of the modulated call he got from Michael O'Rourke for the group in the Situation Room, who notices that Garret becomes noticeably upset?
11. Garret listens in on a private meeting between his boss and which individual who convinces Stevens he needs his support to pass the budget?
12. When Nance is alone with Higgins, he tells Arthur that Warch knows that they blackmailed which legislator?
13. What does Michael O'Rourke do since his friend, Mark Coleman, was killed by an addict with multiple convictions for armed robbery that has been released early?
(a) He resumes the martial arts training he learned as a Marine.
(b) He goes everywhere with a hired driver.
(c) He carries a gun with a special permit.
(d) He stays off the streets after dark.
14. According to Jackson, the first victim to die together with his guards may have been killed for what reason?
(a) For knowledge.
(b) For power.
(c) For revenge.
(d) To mislead.
15. What does the President's Chief of Staff advise him to do if he becomes uncomfortable during an upcoming press conference?
(a) Lie, end the conference early saying he must meet a foreign diplomat.
(b) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a trade meeting.
(c) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a national security meeting.
(d) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a military briefing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, Scott Coleman warns Michael O'Rourke that there could be trouble if Olson takes the President's side, and that Michael should do what?
2. Garret feels that by telling the public the murders are an attempt to block the President's budget, they have made Stevens look what?
3. Rumor has it that Higgins was forced out of the CIA as they could not control his behavior, and he often did things without whose approval?
4. What does the man on the back of the motorcycle do upon pulling next to Olson's vehicle?
5. What reason does Jackson give Michael O'Rourke for not going to the agency he names?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)