|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Early in the investigation, McMahon and Kennedy become aware of what?
(a) Breaking a neck with bare hands is very difficult, few can do it.
(b) Breaking a neck is relatively easy, simpler than choking.
(c) Breaking a neck with bare hands is very easy, requires only strength.
(d) Breaking a neck with bare hands is fairly simple, a common technique.
2. After viewing the bodies at the Turnquist crime scene, Dr. Kennedy and General Heaney believe the killers are what?
(b) Military comandos.
(c) Police S.W.A.T. members.
(d) Political extremists.
3. In Chapter 20, Scott Coleman warns Michael O'Rourke that there could be trouble if Olson takes the President's side, and that Michael should do what?
(a) Stay clear of Olson.
(b) Caution the President.
(c) Stay clear of the President.
(d) Caution Olson.
4. What does the President's Chief of Staff advise him to do if he becomes uncomfortable during an upcoming press conference?
(a) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a national security meeting.
(b) Lie, end the conference early saying he must meet a foreign diplomat.
(c) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a military briefing.
(d) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a trade meeting.
5. In Chapter 2, President Jim Stevens is meeting with Stu Garret and Mark Dickson to plot how to obtain the votes necessary to accomplish what?
(a) Pass the budget.
(b) Pass the anti-crime bill.
(c) Pass the national education bill.
(d) Pass the tax bill.
6. The Director of the FBI wants to review files of which retired or released personnel?
(d) Special Forces.
7. Scott Coleman is afraid to use any of his contacts for information about Turnquist's death since doing so might do what?
(a) Jeopardize the contacts.
(b) Prompt more killings.
(c) Expose the assassins.
(d) Draw unwanted attention.
8. How does the assassin kill Senator Daniel Fitzgerald?
(a) Breaks his neck.
(b) Car bomb.
(d) Lethal injection.
9. The individual storming into Michael O'Rourke's office threatens him with what if he does not vote as he is told?
(a) Political isolation.
(c) Severe physical injury.
10. McMahon meets with Heaney and Dr. Kennedy, who have been reviewing ex-commando personnel files, and they decide to do what?
(a) Narrow the field of suspects, then place them under surveillance.
(b) Call suspects to active duty, confining them to military quarters.
(c) Place their suspects under surveillance.
(d) Call suspects to active duty, dispatching them to the Middle East.
11. Michael O'Rourke is not comfortable with the idea that politicians are being killed, but he sympathizes with the killers and their disgust with what in America?
(a) Foreign diplomacy.
12. Whom does Dr. Irene Kennedy believe is responsible for the murders of the prominent politicians?
(b) Right-wing radicals.
(c) The Mafia.
(d) Military commandos.
13. During their last meeting together, who gets into a disagreement?
(a) Seamus O'Rourke and Olson.
(b) Scott Coleman and Michael O'Rourke.
(c) Olson and Michael O'Rourke.
(d) Seamus O'Rourke and Michael O'Rourke.
14. Who is the third politician killed by the assassins?
(a) Harold Burmiester.
(b) Robert Downs.
(c) Daniel Fitzgerald.
(d) Jack Koslowski.
15. Michael O'Rourke is home contemplating what he has told someone as an assassin is watching him from where?
(a) The street.
(b) A closet.
(c) A window.
(d) A rooftop.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the politicians ignore his warnings that the White House would be safer than Camp David, Secret Service Agent Jack Warch makes what transportation arrangements?
2. After the tape is done playing, Garret and McMahon argue in the Situation Room and who intervenes?
3. Stevens is primarily concerned with how the assassinations will affect what?
4. What happens when a mysterious man named Arthur Higgins observes Michael O'Rourke with Olson?
5. Olson offends Seamus O'Rourke with a comment about his past connection to what organization?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)