|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garret instructs the President's Communications Director to ensure the public hears whose life stories?
(a) Olson's and the four Service Agents' killed with him.
(b) The Four Secret Service Agents' killed in a car bombing.
(c) Olson's, Fitzgerald's, Koslowski's, and Downs'.
(d) The four Secret Service Agents' and a police officer's.
2. Following his meeting at the White House, McMahon picks up Kennedy and goes to meet which individual?
(a) Gus Mitchell.
(b) Thomas Stansfield.
(c) Scott Coleman.
(d) Arthur Higgins.
3. Olson has given the President how long to make some real changes before exposing his budget sham?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
4. What does the President's Chief of Staff do at the close of Chapter 4?
(a) Advises the President.
(b) Praises the President.
(c) Leads the President into a meeting.
(d) Scolds the President.
5. Who is the third politician killed by the assassins?
(a) Robert Downs.
(b) Jack Koslowski.
(c) Daniel Fitzgerald.
(d) Harold Burmiester.
6. Jackson cautions Michael O'Rourke not to go to which agency?
(b) Secret Service.
7. Following Mark Coleman's death, Michael O'Rourke become more dissatisfied with what?
(a) American democracy.
(b) American politics.
(c) America's crime problem.
(d) The American legal system.
8. During their last meeting together, who gets into a disagreement?
(a) Scott Coleman and Michael O'Rourke.
(b) Seamus O'Rourke and Michael O'Rourke.
(c) Seamus O'Rourke and Olson.
(d) Olson and Michael O'Rourke.
9. Michael O'Rourke and his grandfather meet Olson for what shortly before the latter dies?
10. What is the President's reaction to Olson's murder?
11. What reason does Jackson give Michael O'Rourke for not going to the agency he names?
(a) Michael's girlfriend would be in danger.
(b) Michael would be in danger.
(c) Jackson would be in danger.
(d) Seamus would be in danger.
12. According to Jackson, the first victim to die together with his guards may have been killed for what reason?
(a) For revenge.
(b) For knowledge.
(c) To mislead.
(d) For power.
13. Scott Coleman is afraid to use any of his contacts for information about Turnquist's death since doing so might do what?
(a) Draw unwanted attention.
(b) Expose the assassins.
(c) Prompt more killings.
(d) Jeopardize the contacts.
14. In Chapter 20, Scott Coleman warns Michael O'Rourke that there could be trouble if Olson takes the President's side, and that Michael should do what?
(a) Caution Olson.
(b) Caution the President.
(c) Stay clear of Olson.
(d) Stay clear of the President.
15. When killing Congressman Jack Koslowski, the assassination team goes to great pains to avoid killing a dog or the owner who is a retired what?
(b) Market analyst.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who demands that Secret Service Director Alex Tracy fire Harry Dorle, the agent in charge of Basset's safety?
2. The Director of the FBI wants to review files of which retired or released personnel?
3. What does Michael O'Rourke do since his friend, Mark Coleman, was killed by an addict with multiple convictions for armed robbery that has been released early?
4. Garret listens in on a private meeting between his boss and which individual who convinces Stevens he needs his support to pass the budget?
5. Where do Seamus and Michael O'Rourke travel to meet with Augie Jackson?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)