|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Dr. Irene Kennedy believe is responsible for the murders of the prominent politicians?
(a) The Mafia.
(b) Military commandos.
(d) Right-wing radicals.
2. What does Michael O'Rourke do since his friend, Mark Coleman, was killed by an addict with multiple convictions for armed robbery that has been released early?
(a) He carries a gun with a special permit.
(b) He goes everywhere with a hired driver.
(c) He stays off the streets after dark.
(d) He resumes the martial arts training he learned as a Marine.
3. What does the President's Chief of Staff do at the close of Chapter 4?
(a) Advises the President.
(b) Leads the President into a meeting.
(c) Praises the President.
(d) Scolds the President.
4. Despite Secret Service warnings against any public appearances, Basset decides to participate in what?
(a) A newspaper interview.
(b) A live television interview.
(c) A recorded radio interview.
(d) A taped television interview.
5. How does Congressman Michael O'Rourke end the call when he is telephoned by the President who is seeking his vote for the budget?
(a) He excuses himself.
(b) He unsuccessfully bargains for the inclusion of the REA funding.
(c) He hangs up on the President.
(d) He successfully bargains for the removal of the REA funding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liz Scarlatti introduces herself to Stevens as a reporter for which periodical?
2. In Chapter 3, Michael O'Rourke is dictating some notes when which individual, whom he does not know, storms into his office?
3. Michael O'Rourke is home contemplating what he has told someone as an assassin is watching him from where?
4. Speaker of the House Thomas Basset says on television that he will never do what?
5. The individual storming into Michael O'Rourke's office threatens him with what if he does not vote as he is told?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)