|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Dr. Irene Kennedy believe is responsible for the murders of the prominent politicians?
(b) Military commandos.
(c) The Mafia.
(d) Right-wing radicals.
2. Garret feels that by telling the public the murders are an attempt to block the President's budget, they have made Stevens look what?
(a) Firm, almost guaranteeing his re-election.
(b) Weak, virtually precluding budget passage.
(c) Resound, almost guaranteeing the passing of the budget.
(d) Sympathetic, almost guaranteeing his re-election.
3. Stevens is primarily concerned with how the assassinations will affect what?
(a) His place in history.
(b) His freedom to travel.
(c) U.S. foreign trade.
(d) U.S. tourism.
4. Liz Scarlatti introduces herself to Stevens as a reporter for which periodical?
(a) Washington Times.
(b) Washington Herald.
(c) Washington Reader.
(d) Washington Post.
5. The Ted Hopkinson poll shows that what percentage of those asked feel the nation will be better off after the political killings?
(b) Under 5%.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite Secret Service warnings against any public appearances, Basset decides to participate in what?
2. Michael O'Rourke is home contemplating what he has told someone as an assassin is watching him from where?
3. In Chapter 3, Michael O'Rourke is dictating some notes when which individual, whom he does not know, storms into his office?
4. What does the President's Chief of Staff advise him to do if he becomes uncomfortable during an upcoming press conference?
5. Who demands that Secret Service Director Alex Tracy fire Harry Dorle, the agent in charge of Basset's safety?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)