|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garret tell the National Security adviser he worries the deaths of Koslowski and Basset will do?
(a) Deadlock the Senate and House.
(b) Prevent the President's re-election.
(c) Send the country into mass hysteria.
(d) Force the President into hiding.
2. Director Thomas Stansfield gets a call from Director Brian Roach asking if the CIA thinks the murders are for reasons other than those stated where?
(a) A tape.
(b) A letter.
(c) A call.
(d) A classified ad.
3. Garret and Mike Nance help Stevens determine a strategy to pacify the public while helping force whom to resign?
(a) Brian Roach, Skip McMahon.
(b) Brian Roach, Thomas Stansfield.
(c) Skip McMahon, Thomas Stansfield.
(d) Arthur Higgins, Harold J. Burmiester.
4. When it is suggested that Stevens employ increased military security at the White House, what is his response?
(a) He declines.
(b) He agrees only to hidden sharpshooters on surrounding buildings.
(c) He agrees only to an increase in plain-clothes security.
(d) He agrees.
5. In Chapter 2, President Jim Stevens is meeting with Stu Garret and Mark Dickson to plot how to obtain the votes necessary to accomplish what?
(a) Pass the tax bill.
(b) Pass the national education bill.
(c) Pass the budget.
(d) Pass the anti-crime bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 1 begins with a description of what?
2. When assassinating Basset, what means do the killers use to avoid injuring any civilians?
3. Speaker of the House Thomas Basset says on television that he will never do what?
4. What does the President's Chief of Staff do at the close of Chapter 4?
5. Whom does Dr. Irene Kennedy believe is responsible for the murders of the prominent politicians?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)