|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Congressman Michael O'Rourke end the call when he is telephoned by the President who is seeking his vote for the budget?
(a) He hangs up on the President.
(b) He successfully bargains for the removal of the REA funding.
(c) He excuses himself.
(d) He unsuccessfully bargains for the inclusion of the REA funding.
2. Following his meeting at the White House, McMahon picks up Kennedy and goes to meet which individual?
(a) Arthur Higgins.
(b) Gus Mitchell.
(c) Thomas Stansfield.
(d) Scott Coleman.
3. The individual storming into Michael O'Rourke's office threatens him with what if he does not vote as he is told?
(b) Political isolation.
(c) Severe physical injury.
4. Director Thomas Stansfield gets a call from Director Brian Roach asking if the CIA thinks the murders are for reasons other than those stated where?
(a) A tape.
(b) A call.
(c) A letter.
(d) A classified ad.
5. Chapter 1 begins with a description of what?
(a) A camping trailer isolated in the woods.
(b) A home in the middle-class suburbs.
(c) An apartment in the city slums.
(d) An old wooden cabin surrounded by trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Garret and Mike Nance help Stevens determine a strategy to pacify the public while helping force whom to resign?
2. Michael O'Rourke is not comfortable with the idea that politicians are being killed, but he sympathizes with the killers and their disgust with what in America?
3. At his press conference in Chapter 4, the President announces that he has secured enough votes, and the author reveals what about Stevens?
4. Speaker of the House Thomas Basset says on television that he will never do what?
5. Garret feels that by telling the public the murders are an attempt to block the President's budget, they have made Stevens look what?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)