|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Dr. Irene Kennedy believe is responsible for the murders of the prominent politicians?
(b) The Mafia.
(c) Military commandos.
(d) Right-wing radicals.
2. The individual storming into Michael O'Rourke's office threatens him with what if he does not vote as he is told?
(b) Political isolation.
(c) Severe physical injury.
3. Chapter 1 begins with a description of what?
(a) A home in the middle-class suburbs.
(b) A camping trailer isolated in the woods.
(c) An apartment in the city slums.
(d) An old wooden cabin surrounded by trees.
4. Liz Scarlatti introduces herself to Stevens as a reporter for which periodical?
(a) Washington Herald.
(b) Washington Times.
(c) Washington Post.
(d) Washington Reader.
5. The Ted Hopkinson poll shows that what percentage of those asked feel the nation will be better off after the political killings?
(d) Under 5%.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael O'Rourke lost both of his parents in a car crash caused by a drunk driver with how many prior convictions for driving while intoxicated?
2. At his press conference in Chapter 4, the President announces that he has secured enough votes, and the author reveals what about Stevens?
3. Stevens is primarily concerned with how the assassinations will affect what?
4. Chapter 3 shows a brash side of Congressman O'Rourke that establishes his physical abilities and reminds the reader of Michael's what?
5. The assassin in the opening scene does not regret having killed his victims as he feels they lacked what?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)