|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Ted Hopkinson poll shows that what percentage of those asked feel the nation will be better off after the political killings?
(c) Under 5%.
2. Following Mark Coleman's death, Michael O'Rourke become more dissatisfied with what?
(a) American democracy.
(b) The American legal system.
(c) American politics.
(d) America's crime problem.
3. What does the President's Chief of Staff advise him to do if he becomes uncomfortable during an upcoming press conference?
(a) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a national security meeting.
(b) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a military briefing.
(c) Lie, end the conference early saying he must meet a foreign diplomat.
(d) Lie, end the conference early saying he has a trade meeting.
4. In Chapter 2, President Jim Stevens is meeting with Stu Garret and Mark Dickson to plot how to obtain the votes necessary to accomplish what?
(a) Pass the anti-crime bill.
(b) Pass the budget.
(c) Pass the tax bill.
(d) Pass the national education bill.
5. Liz Scarlatti introduces herself to Stevens as a reporter for which periodical?
(a) Washington Reader.
(b) Washington Times.
(c) Washington Herald.
(d) Washington Post.
Short Answer Questions
1. At his press conference in Chapter 4, the President announces that he has secured enough votes, and the author reveals what about Stevens?
2. Michael O'Rourke is not comfortable with the idea that politicians are being killed, but he sympathizes with the killers and their disgust with what in America?
3. Garret and Mike Nance help Stevens determine a strategy to pacify the public while helping force whom to resign?
4. What does the individual in the opening scene toss into the fire?
5. The assassin in the opening scene does not regret having killed his victims as he feels they lacked what?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)