|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blore want to do with the revolver?
2. How does Vera get the revolver?
3. Whose room is discovered to be empty in the middle of the night?
4. Who wants to eat something?
5. What does Blore think he can locate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emily interpret the poem's reference to a "red herring?"
2. Why does Lombard believe that he will survive and Blore won't?
3. What does Armstrong say about Emily's strength?
4. Who is Mr. Morris?
5. What makes Vera feel relief?
6. What really happened to Cyril?
7. Why does Lombard suspect Wargrave?
8. What is Vera's opinion of the idea that Lombard might be the killer?
9. Why does Blore bring everybody outside?
10. Why does Blore think that Emily might be guilty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of the weather on Indian Island. How does it affect the tone of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Christie develops suspense throughout the novel by using different literary devices including irony, foreshadowing and characterization.
Essay Topic 3
The novel progresses from a world of order to one of chaos. Describe the progression and explain how it affects the characters.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)