|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "we're the zoo."
2. Who does Lombard suspect the most?
3. Who did Emily dream about the night before?
4. What has Emily lost?
5. Whose room is discovered to be empty?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Judge respond when Lombard refuses to give up his weapon?
2. What is in Armstrong's medical case?
3. What romantic notion inspires the author of the manuscript's method of confession?
4. What is the Judge's appearance when he is found dead?
5. Who is given the keys to the silver chest?
6. What evidence is there that Rogers slept in his room?
7. What is Vera's opinion of the idea that Lombard might be the killer?
8. What are Lombard's instructions to Vera?
9. What does Armstrong say about Emily's strength?
10. Why does Blore bring everybody outside?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationship between Lombard and Vera. How do their "fatal flaws" contribute to their ultimate fate?
Essay Topic 2
Armstrong unwittingly helps Wargrave with his murders. Was Armstrong naive or did he trust Wargrave for other reasons? Explain the nature of this relationship. What do the two men think of each other?
Essay Topic 3
Indian Island represents something different for each of the main characters. Using examples from the text describe what the island symbolizes for two or three of the main characters.
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)