|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one possible hiding place in Rogers' room?
2. Who declines to help clear the table "out of giddiness?"
3. What animal is Wargrave said to resemble?
4. What is in Vera's room that she had never noticed before?
5. Who has provisioned the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Vera's opinion of the idea that Lombard might be the killer?
2. Why does Lombard believe that he will survive and Blore won't?
3. What did Morris tell the people of Sticklehaven?
4. What makes Vera feel relief?
5. What really happened to Cyril?
6. What is in Armstrong's medical case?
7. How does the Judge respond when Lombard refuses to give up his weapon?
8. What romantic notion inspires the author of the manuscript's method of confession?
9. What does Armstrong say about Emily's strength?
10. Who is Mr. Morris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Wargrave's confession, he says that he believes that the "innocent must not suffer." Do you believe that Wargrave has stuck to this? Use examples from the text to support your decision.
Essay Topic 2
Wargrave sees himself as the ultimate arbiter of justice. Describe his character. Does he feel guilt for his actions? Explain your answers using examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Lombard and Vera. How do their "fatal flaws" contribute to their ultimate fate?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)