Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has whiskey instead of tea?
2. Who makes tea for the others?
3. What does Blore take with him when he leaves his room?
4. Who did Emily dream about the night before?
5. Who does Vera suspect the most?
Essay Topic 1
Who is really in control in the novel: the characters or the murderer? At the end, it is Vera's choice to kill Lombard or the has her free will been eroded by the psychological torture of Wargrave?
Essay Topic 2
In Wargrave's confession, he says that he believes that the "innocent must not suffer." Do you believe that Wargrave has stuck to this? Use examples from the text to support your decision.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two or three of main characters in the novel based on the following areas:
- Level of guilt felt about their "crimes"
- Reaction to the events that take place on Indian Island
- Social standing
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)