|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blore say about the killer's character?
2. Who offers to help clear the table?
3. What has Emily lost?
4. How did Mr. Morris die?
5. Whose room does Lombard first go to when he wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence is there that Rogers slept in his room?
2. Who is Mr. Morris?
3. Who is given the keys to the silver chest?
4. What did Morris tell the people of Sticklehaven?
5. What is in Armstrong's medical case?
6. What makes Vera feel relief?
7. Why does Lombard believe that he will survive and Blore won't?
8. Why does Lombard suspect Wargrave?
9. Why does Blore bring everybody outside?
10. What is Vera's opinion of the idea that Lombard might be the killer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Wargrave's confession, he says that he believes that the "innocent must not suffer." Do you believe that Wargrave has stuck to this? Use examples from the text to support your decision.
Essay Topic 2
The novel doesn't really have a "happy ending." Decide whether you think the ending is a negative or a positive one. Explain why and use examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Armstrong unwittingly helps Wargrave with his murders. Was Armstrong naive or did he trust Wargrave for other reasons? Explain the nature of this relationship. What do the two men think of each other?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)