|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes tea for the others?
2. What does Armstrong say about the older guests?
3. After going into a trance-like state, what name does Emily come up with as the murderer's?
4. What is in Vera's room that she had never noticed before?
5. Who wrote the last written record of what happened on the island, as discovered by the investigators?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lombard believe that he will survive and Blore won't?
2. How does Rogers ensure that nothing will happen to the figurines?
3. What is in Armstrong's medical case?
4. What does Vera find when she returns to her room?
5. Who is Mr. Morris?
6. What initially gives Wargrave the idea of murdering the people on Indian Island?
7. What happens to Emily after she writes in her diary?
8. How does the Judge respond when Lombard refuses to give up his weapon?
9. Why does Lombard suspect Wargrave?
10. What really happened to Cyril?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The novel doesn't really have a "happy ending." Decide whether you think the ending is a negative or a positive one. Explain why and use examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of the "Ten Little Indians" poem. How is the poem ironic? For each verse, explain its meaning.
Essay Topic 3
Who is really in control in the novel: the characters or the murderer? At the end, it is Vera's choice to kill Lombard or the has her free will been eroded by the psychological torture of Wargrave?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)