|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blore say to do after locking the doors?
2. What attribute has Vera always prided herself on?
3. How did Mr. Morris die?
4. What is in the drawer or the table by Lombard's bed?
5. What is the one possible hiding place in Rogers' room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Judge respond when Lombard refuses to give up his weapon?
2. What initially gives Wargrave the idea of murdering the people on Indian Island?
3. What is Vera's opinion of the idea that Lombard might be the killer?
4. What evidence is there that Rogers slept in his room?
5. Why does Lombard believe that he will survive and Blore won't?
6. What romantic notion inspires the author of the manuscript's method of confession?
7. Describe Blore's appearance.
8. What is in Armstrong's medical case?
9. Why does Blore bring everybody outside?
10. Why does Lombard suspect Wargrave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Christie develops suspense throughout the novel by using different literary devices including irony, foreshadowing and characterization.
Essay Topic 2
The novel progresses from a world of order to one of chaos. Describe the progression and explain how it affects the characters.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the role of women in the novel, specifically how are they seen by others. How do they both conform to and break free of conventional female stereotypes?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)