|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Wargrave hear about Emily?
2. Who offers to help clear the table?
3. Why does Wargrave think all doctors are the same?
4. After going into a trance-like state, what name does Emily come up with as the murderer's?
5. What does Blore think he can locate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rogers ensure that nothing will happen to the figurines?
2. What evidence is there that Rogers slept in his room?
3. Why does Lombard believe that he will survive and Blore won't?
4. What is Vera's opinion of the idea that Lombard might be the killer?
5. What are Lombard's instructions to Vera?
6. What really happened to Cyril?
7. Who is given the keys to the silver chest?
8. How does the Judge respond when Lombard refuses to give up his weapon?
9. What did Morris tell the people of Sticklehaven?
10. How does Lombard suggest signaling for help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Justice Wargrave has differing opinions about each of the characters. Which does he feel the least pity for? Which does he think are the most innocent? How do these differences play out in his murder plots?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Christie develops suspense throughout the novel by using different literary devices including irony, foreshadowing and characterization.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Lombard and Vera. How do their "fatal flaws" contribute to their ultimate fate?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)