|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blore use to try and find fingerprints?
2. Whose room is discovered to be empty in the middle of the night?
3. What does Vera wear while she is searched?
4. Why do the investigators believe Narracott checked on the island even though he was instructed not to?
5. Who did Emily dream about the night before?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Judge's appearance when he is found dead?
2. What makes Vera feel relief?
3. How does the Judge respond when Lombard refuses to give up his weapon?
4. What evidence is there that Rogers slept in his room?
5. What is Vera's opinion of the idea that Lombard might be the killer?
6. What did Morris tell the people of Sticklehaven?
7. Why does Blore think that Emily might be guilty?
8. What does Armstrong say about Emily's strength?
9. Who is Mr. Morris?
10. What initially gives Wargrave the idea of murdering the people on Indian Island?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the alliances made on the island. Which seemed the strongest and why? Why did these alliances come together?
- Blore, Armstrong and Lombard
- Vera and Lombard
- Armstrong and Wargrave
Essay Topic 2
Besides the killer, the other "antagonist" in the novel can be seen as people's consciences. Explain how each character's conscience or perception of guilt affects them. Select two or three characters to analyze.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two or three of main characters in the novel based on the following areas:
- Level of guilt felt about their "crimes"
- Reaction to the events that take place on Indian Island
- Social standing
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)