|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is missing from the bathroom?
2. Who declines to help clear the table "out of giddiness?"
3. What is the one possible hiding place in Rogers' room?
4. Who wrote the last written record of what happened on the island, as discovered by the investigators?
5. What does Blore think he can locate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lombard suspect Wargrave?
2. How does Rogers ensure that nothing will happen to the figurines?
3. Who is given the keys to the silver chest?
4. Why does Blore think that Emily might be guilty?
5. Who is Mr. Morris?
6. How does Lombard suggest signaling for help?
7. What did Morris tell the people of Sticklehaven?
8. Why does Blore bring everybody outside?
9. What evidence is there that Rogers slept in his room?
10. What is Vera's opinion of the idea that Lombard might be the killer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Justice Wargrave has differing opinions about each of the characters. Which does he feel the least pity for? Which does he think are the most innocent? How do these differences play out in his murder plots?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the role of women in the novel, specifically how are they seen by others. How do they both conform to and break free of conventional female stereotypes?
Essay Topic 3
Wargrave sees himself as the ultimate arbiter of justice. Describe his character. Does he feel guilt for his actions? Explain your answers using examples from the text.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)