|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lombard at first refuse to give up?
2. What does Lombard suggest doing when the weather lifts?
3. Whose room does Lombard first go to when he wakes up?
4. What attribute has Vera always prided herself on?
5. Who says "we're the zoo."
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is given the keys to the silver chest?
2. Describe Blore's appearance.
3. What happens to Emily after she writes in her diary?
4. How does the Judge respond when Lombard refuses to give up his weapon?
5. Why does Blore think that Emily might be guilty?
6. Why does Blore bring everybody outside?
7. What is the Judge's appearance when he is found dead?
8. What did Morris tell the people of Sticklehaven?
9. What does Vera find when she returns to her room?
10. How does Lombard suggest signaling for help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is really in control in the novel: the characters or the murderer? At the end, it is Vera's choice to kill Lombard or the has her free will been eroded by the psychological torture of Wargrave?
Essay Topic 2
Wargrave sees himself as the ultimate arbiter of justice. Describe his character. Does he feel guilt for his actions? Explain your answers using examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Christie develops suspense throughout the novel by using different literary devices including irony, foreshadowing and characterization.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)