|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Blore, Armstrong and Lombard hear footsteps while they are searching the house?
2. Who is the first person who volunteers to stay back at the station?
3. What is framed over Vera's mantle?
4. What does everyone do when they get to their rooms?
5. How many servants are there on Indian Island to take care of the guests?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emily Brent explain Mrs. Rogers' death?
2. How does Armstrong believe Rogers killed his employer?
3. What does Wargrave deduce about their host?
4. What is Blore's theory about the deaths?
5. What were Lady Constance Culmington's plans the last time Justice Wargrave saw her?
6. After the "indictments" are played, what is the behavior of Wargrave and Miss Brent?
7. Why don't Vera and the others think that Marston would have killed himself?
8. Why was Lombard invited to the island?
9. What does Mrs. Rogers look like?
10. Why does Vera feel lucky about her job on Indian Island?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Christie develops suspense throughout the novel by using different literary devices including irony, foreshadowing and characterization.
Essay Topic 2
Wargrave sees himself as the ultimate arbiter of justice. Describe his character. Does he feel guilt for his actions? Explain your answers using examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two or three of main characters in the novel based on the following areas:
- Level of guilt felt about their "crimes"
- Reaction to the events that take place on Indian Island
- Social standing
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)