Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Armstrong dream he has killed?
2. How does Macarthur's wife die?
3. Who does Blore think has gone mad?
4. Who was Edward Seton accused of murdering?
5. How far is Somerset from Justice Wargrave's destination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Blore's evaluation of the letter to Rogers?
2. How does Vera explain her reason for being on Indian Island to Lombard?
3. What romantic notion inspires the author of the manuscript's method of confession?
4. What initially gives Wargrave the idea of murdering the people on Indian Island?
5. How does Rogers ensure that nothing will happen to the figurines?
6. How does Lombard suggest signaling for help?
7. How does Lombard think Marston was poisoned?
8. What does Armstrong say about Emily's strength?
9. How does the Judge respond when Lombard refuses to give up his weapon?
10. Why don't Vera and the others think that Marston would have killed himself?
Indian Island represents something different for each of the main characters. Using examples from the text describe what the island symbolizes for two or three of the main characters.
Besides the killer, the other "antagonist" in the novel can be seen as people's consciences. Explain how each character's conscience or perception of guilt affects them. Select two or three characters to analyze.
The novel doesn't really have a "happy ending." Decide whether you think the ending is a negative or a positive one. Explain why and use examples from the text.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)