|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has General Macarthur heard currently owns Indian Island?
2. What does Rogers have to do before he can retire for the evening?
3. What do the guests talk about at breakfast?
4. Why doesn't Lombard think there aren't any fishing boats out?
5. Who does Lombard think has gone "balmy?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Armstrong's recollection of the accusation against him?
2. What is the conflict between Vera and Emily concerning Lombard's crime?
3. Why did Blore, Armstrong and Lombard assume a stranger was upstairs and not Rogers?
4. What does Lombard think about the villagers in Sticklehaven?
5. How does Emily claim she was deceived by Beatrice's behavior?
6. Why has the American millionaire who created Indian Island decided to sell it?
7. What is Blore's hypothesis about Mrs. Rogers' death?
8. What does Wargrave deduce about their host?
9. What is Rogers' appearance like when he comes on the terrace to speak to Dr. Armstrong?
10. How does Vera explain her reason for being on Indian Island to Lombard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the alliances made on the island. Which seemed the strongest and why? Why did these alliances come together?
- Blore, Armstrong and Lombard
- Vera and Lombard
- Armstrong and Wargrave
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relationship between Lombard and Vera. How do their "fatal flaws" contribute to their ultimate fate?
Essay Topic 3
Wargrave sees himself as the ultimate arbiter of justice. Describe his character. Does he feel guilt for his actions? Explain your answers using examples from the text.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)