|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Narracott deliver to the island every morning?
2. Who has General Macarthur heard currently owns Indian Island?
3. What was the hobby of the original owner of Indian Island?
4. What did the text say that hung in Emily's nursery when she was a child?
5. Who faints after the recording?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Armstrong's recollection of the accusation against him?
2. Describe Marston's arrival in Sticklehaven.
3. What is the conflict between Vera and Emily concerning Lombard's crime?
4. How was Macarthur killed?
5. What does Mrs. Rogers look like?
6. How does Vera explain her reason for being on Indian Island to Lombard?
7. How does Lombard explain the accusation against him?
8. Why was Lombard invited to the island?
9. How were Mr. and Mrs. Rogers employed and given their orders?
10. How is the house on Indian Island described in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Indian Island represents something different for each of the main characters. Using examples from the text describe what the island symbolizes for two or three of the main characters.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of the weather on Indian Island. How does it affect the tone of the story?
Essay Topic 3
The novel doesn't really have a "happy ending." Decide whether you think the ending is a negative or a positive one. Explain why and use examples from the text.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)