|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nearest train station to Indian Island?
2. What does Armstrong believe was in Marston's glass?
3. What is in the center of the dining room table?
4. Where is the man from who talked to Blore on the train?
5. What does the Judge remove before going to bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Lady Constance Culmington's plans the last time Justice Wargrave saw her?
2. What is Blore's evaluation of the letter to Rogers?
3. Describe Marston's arrival in Sticklehaven.
4. After the "indictments" are played, what is the behavior of Wargrave and Miss Brent?
5. What does Armstrong remember about the Seton case?
6. What is Blore's hypothesis about Mrs. Rogers' death?
7. How does Emily Brent explain Mrs. Rogers' death?
8. Why does General Macarthur think that the motorboat is not coming?
9. What is Blore's theory about the deaths?
10. Why did Blore, Armstrong and Lombard assume a stranger was upstairs and not Rogers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationship between Lombard and Vera. How do their "fatal flaws" contribute to their ultimate fate?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of the "Ten Little Indians" poem. How is the poem ironic? For each verse, explain its meaning.
Essay Topic 3
Justice Wargrave has differing opinions about each of the characters. Which does he feel the least pity for? Which does he think are the most innocent? How do these differences play out in his murder plots?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)