|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the guests realize their host's pseudonym stands for?
2. What does Lombard say natives don't mind doing?
3. Who does Blore think murdered Mrs. Rogers?
4. What do the guests talk about at breakfast?
5. What does Armstrong say Marston died of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vera explain her reason for being on Indian Island to Lombard?
2. How does Emily describe the weather?
3. What were Lady Constance Culmington's plans the last time Justice Wargrave saw her?
4. What does Mrs. Rogers look like?
5. What does the Judge remember about Seton's defense?
6. Why does Vera feel lucky about her job on Indian Island?
7. Why does Rogers say that Armstrong will think he is crazy?
8. What did Emily suggest Vera do with her after breakfast?
9. Why does General Macarthur think that the motorboat is not coming?
10. How is the house on Indian Island described in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the role of women in the novel, specifically how are they seen by others. How do they both conform to and break free of conventional female stereotypes?
Essay Topic 2
Indian Island represents something different for each of the main characters. Using examples from the text describe what the island symbolizes for two or three of the main characters.
Essay Topic 3
Wargrave sees himself as the ultimate arbiter of justice. Describe his character. Does he feel guilt for his actions? Explain your answers using examples from the text.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)