|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lombard browse through after dinner?
2. Who does Fred Narracott send to the island if he is ill?
3. What is the title of the album that the Voice was recorded on?
4. What does Armstrong believe about U.N. Owen?
5. Where is the man from who talked to Blore on the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rogers' appearance like when he comes on the terrace to speak to Dr. Armstrong?
2. Why does General Macarthur think that the motorboat is not coming?
3. After the "indictments" are played, what is the behavior of Wargrave and Miss Brent?
4. How does Vera explain her reason for being on Indian Island to Lombard?
5. How were Mr. and Mrs. Rogers employed and given their orders?
6. Describe the house on Indian Island.
7. What does Wargrave deduce about their host?
8. How was Macarthur killed?
9. What is Blore's evaluation of the letter to Rogers?
10. What does the Judge remember about Seton's defense?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the role of women in the novel, specifically how are they seen by others. How do they both conform to and break free of conventional female stereotypes?
Essay Topic 2
How does this story compare and contrast to a "typical" piece of mystery/detective fiction? What elements does Christie use to "trick" the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Armstrong unwittingly helps Wargrave with his murders. Was Armstrong naive or did he trust Wargrave for other reasons? Explain the nature of this relationship. What do the two men think of each other?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)