|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Armstrong consult on the terrace?
2. Who was Edward Seton accused of murdering?
3. What happened to Beatrice Taylor while she was in Emily's employ?
4. What do the guests realize their host's pseudonym stands for?
5. Who was the first person rumored to have bought Indian Island after it was originally sold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Vera and Emily disagree about?
2. What does the Judge remember about Seton's defense?
3. Why has the American millionaire who created Indian Island decided to sell it?
4. After the "indictments" are played, what is the behavior of Wargrave and Miss Brent?
5. Why was Lombard invited to the island?
6. What did Emily suggest Vera do with her after breakfast?
7. What does Wargrave deduce about their host?
8. What does Mrs. Rogers look like?
9. How does Emily claim she was deceived by Beatrice's behavior?
10. Why does General Macarthur think that the motorboat is not coming?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationship between Lombard and Vera. How do their "fatal flaws" contribute to their ultimate fate?
Essay Topic 2
Wargrave sees himself as the ultimate arbiter of justice. Describe his character. Does he feel guilt for his actions? Explain your answers using examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the alliances made on the island. Which seemed the strongest and why? Why did these alliances come together?
- Blore, Armstrong and Lombard
- Vera and Lombard
- Armstrong and Wargrave
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)