|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first person rumored to have bought Indian Island after it was originally sold?
2. What does Blore suggest doing that night?
3. What does Tony Marston think he has time for before he gets to Indian Island?
4. Who might have potassium cyanide, according to Lombard?
5. At what time does the Voice start talking?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Armstrong believe Rogers killed his employer?
2. How does Lombard explain the accusation against him?
3. What is Blore's evaluation of the letter to Rogers?
4. What are some habits in others that annoy Emily Brent?
5. How does Emily Brent explain Mrs. Rogers' death?
6. How is the house on Indian Island described in this chapter?
7. How does Emily describe the weather?
8. What is Blore's theory about the deaths?
9. Describe Marston's arrival in Sticklehaven.
10. Why was Lombard invited to the island?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Armstrong unwittingly helps Wargrave with his murders. Was Armstrong naive or did he trust Wargrave for other reasons? Explain the nature of this relationship. What do the two men think of each other?
Essay Topic 2
In Wargrave's confession, he says that he believes that the "innocent must not suffer." Do you believe that Wargrave has stuck to this? Use examples from the text to support your decision.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Lombard and Vera. How do their "fatal flaws" contribute to their ultimate fate?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)