|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Armstrong dream he has killed?
2. What is the name of the inn at Sticklehaven?
3. What happens just as the General's body is brought into the house?
4. How many other people are traveling in Vera's carriage?
5. What does Rogers drop during the recording?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Vera and Emily disagree about?
2. Why don't Vera and the others think that Marston would have killed himself?
3. Why does General Macarthur think that the motorboat is not coming?
4. What does Mrs. Rogers look like?
5. What did Emily suggest Vera do with her after breakfast?
6. What does the Judge remember about Seton's defense?
7. Describe the house on Indian Island.
8. How does Emily describe the weather?
9. How does Lombard explain the accusation against him?
10. What is Blore's theory about the deaths?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does this story compare and contrast to a "typical" piece of mystery/detective fiction? What elements does Christie use to "trick" the reader?
Essay Topic 2
The novel progresses from a world of order to one of chaos. Describe the progression and explain how it affects the characters.
Essay Topic 3
Justice Wargrave has differing opinions about each of the characters. Which does he feel the least pity for? Which does he think are the most innocent? How do these differences play out in his murder plots?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)