|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Blore think murdered Mrs. Rogers?
2. Who does Armstrong believe knows what happened to Louisa Clees besides him?
3. What is Vera's occupation?
4. Who chokes on his wine?
5. What is the name of the inn at Sticklehaven?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emily Brent explain Mrs. Rogers' death?
2. Describe Marston's arrival in Sticklehaven.
3. Why does General Macarthur think that the motorboat is not coming?
4. How does Emily claim she was deceived by Beatrice's behavior?
5. What does Mrs. Rogers look like?
6. Why was Lombard invited to the island?
7. How does Armstrong believe Rogers killed his employer?
8. What do Vera and Emily disagree about?
9. What is Blore's hypothesis about Mrs. Rogers' death?
10. What is Dr. Armstrong's recollection of the accusation against him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Christie exploit the class or social system that the characters are a part of? How do the characters' social roles affect the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of the weather on Indian Island. How does it affect the tone of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Besides the killer, the other "antagonist" in the novel can be seen as people's consciences. Explain how each character's conscience or perception of guilt affects them. Select two or three characters to analyze.
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)