|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Blore suspect is the killer?
2. How did Marston kill John and Lucy Combes?
3. Why does the General ask not to be disturbed?
4. What is framed over Vera's mantle?
5. What was the return address on the letter sent to Rogers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emily claim she was deceived by Beatrice's behavior?
2. What does Wargrave deduce about their host?
3. What does Armstrong remember about the Seton case?
4. Why don't Vera and the others think that Marston would have killed himself?
5. How is the house on Indian Island described in this chapter?
6. What does the Judge remember about Seton's defense?
7. What was General Macarthur's life like in Devon?
8. Describe the house on Indian Island.
9. What do Vera and Emily disagree about?
10. How does Armstrong believe Rogers killed his employer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is really in control in the novel: the characters or the murderer? At the end, it is Vera's choice to kill Lombard or the has her free will been eroded by the psychological torture of Wargrave?
Essay Topic 2
How does Christie exploit the class or social system that the characters are a part of? How do the characters' social roles affect the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How does this story compare and contrast to a "typical" piece of mystery/detective fiction? What elements does Christie use to "trick" the reader?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)