|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ordered and paid for everything on Indian Island?
2. At what time does the Voice start talking?
3. What street does Justice Wargrave associate Dr. Armstrong with?
4. How much money was Blore offered to come to the island?
5. Where is Indian Island located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Blore, Armstrong and Lombard assume a stranger was upstairs and not Rogers?
2. What does Wargrave deduce about their host?
3. What do Vera and Emily disagree about?
4. What did Emily suggest Vera do with her after breakfast?
5. What does Lombard think about the villagers in Sticklehaven?
6. Why was Lombard invited to the island?
7. How does Emily describe the weather?
8. Why don't Vera and the others think that Marston would have killed himself?
9. How was Macarthur killed?
10. What is Dr. Armstrong's recollection of the accusation against him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The novel doesn't really have a "happy ending." Decide whether you think the ending is a negative or a positive one. Explain why and use examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Justice Wargrave has differing opinions about each of the characters. Which does he feel the least pity for? Which does he think are the most innocent? How do these differences play out in his murder plots?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the symbolism of the "Ten Little Indians" poem. How is the poem ironic? For each verse, explain its meaning.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)