Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Armstrong dream he has killed?
2. How does Macarthur's wife die?
3. Who does Blore think has gone mad?
4. Who was Edward Seton accused of murdering?
5. How far is Somerset from Justice Wargrave's destination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Blore's evaluation of the letter to Rogers?
2. How does Vera explain her reason for being on Indian Island to Lombard?
3. What romantic notion inspires the author of the manuscript's method of confession?
4. What initially gives Wargrave the idea of murdering the people on Indian Island?
5. How does Rogers ensure that nothing will happen to the figurines?
6. How does Lombard suggest signaling for help?
7. How does Lombard think Marston was poisoned?
8. What does Armstrong say about Emily's strength?
9. How does the Judge respond when Lombard refuses to give up his weapon?
10. Why don't Vera and the others think that Marston would have killed himself?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the role of women in the novel, specifically how are they seen by others. How do they both conform to and break free of conventional female stereotypes?
Essay Topic 2
How does this story compare and contrast to a "typical" piece of mystery/detective fiction? What elements does Christie use to "trick" the reader?
Essay Topic 3
How does Christie exploit the class or social system that the characters are a part of? How do the characters' social roles affect the plot?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)