|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lombard browse through after dinner?
2. Who does Blore suspect is the killer?
3. What does Armstrong say that many homicidal people are?
4. How many taxis are at the Oakbridge station?
5. How does Beatrice kill herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wargrave deduce about their host?
2. Why does Rogers say that Armstrong will think he is crazy?
3. What do Vera and Emily disagree about?
4. What does Lombard think about the villagers in Sticklehaven?
5. Why did Blore, Armstrong and Lombard assume a stranger was upstairs and not Rogers?
6. What did Emily suggest Vera do with her after breakfast?
7. What is Blore's evaluation of the letter to Rogers?
8. What is Blore's hypothesis about Mrs. Rogers' death?
9. How does Lombard think Marston was poisoned?
10. How does Lombard explain the accusation against him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Christie exploit the class or social system that the characters are a part of? How do the characters' social roles affect the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Christie develops suspense throughout the novel by using different literary devices including irony, foreshadowing and characterization.
Essay Topic 3
In Wargrave's confession, he says that he believes that the "innocent must not suffer." Do you believe that Wargrave has stuck to this? Use examples from the text to support your decision.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)