|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Beatrice Taylor while she was in Emily's employ?
2. What does Lombard browse through after dinner?
3. What is Justice Wargrave reading on the train?
4. At what time does the Voice start talking?
5. How far is Somerset from Justice Wargrave's destination?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lombard think Marston was poisoned?
2. What does Armstrong remember about the Seton case?
3. What does Mrs. Rogers look like?
4. Why did Blore, Armstrong and Lombard assume a stranger was upstairs and not Rogers?
5. Why was Lombard invited to the island?
6. Describe the house on Indian Island.
7. What do Vera and Emily disagree about?
8. How does Vera explain her reason for being on Indian Island to Lombard?
9. What is Dr. Armstrong's recollection of the accusation against him?
10. How does Armstrong believe Rogers killed his employer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast two or three of main characters in the novel based on the following areas:
- Level of guilt felt about their "crimes"
- Reaction to the events that take place on Indian Island
- Social standing
Essay Topic 2
Indian Island represents something different for each of the main characters. Using examples from the text describe what the island symbolizes for two or three of the main characters.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the alliances made on the island. Which seemed the strongest and why? Why did these alliances come together?
- Blore, Armstrong and Lombard
- Vera and Lombard
- Armstrong and Wargrave
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)