|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily think she sees on the windowpane?
(a) A bee.
(b) A face.
(c) A gun.
(d) A cross.
2. What does Vera not notice that she has dropped?
(a) The revolver.
(b) A knife.
(c) Her diary.
(d) The Indian figurine
3. What is the one possible hiding place in Rogers' room?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) In a closet.
(c) In a large trunk.
(d) In the wardrobe.
4. What is in the drawer or the table by Lombard's bed?
(b) A knife.
(c) Vera's watch.
(d) His revolver.
5. What is in Vera's room that she had never noticed before?
(a) A knife.
(b) A big black hook.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A telephone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vera believe to be the killer?
2. What was Rogers doing when he was killed?
3. What does Blore take with him when he leaves his room?
4. What does Vera say she can never eat again?
5. After reading her Bible before bed, what does Emily do next?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emily interpret the poem's reference to a "red herring?"
2. What is in Armstrong's medical case?
3. Who is given the keys to the silver chest?
4. Describe Blore's appearance.
5. What evidence is there that Rogers slept in his room?
6. Why does Lombard suspect Wargrave?
7. What are Lombard's instructions to Vera?
8. What makes Vera feel relief?
9. Why does Lombard believe that he will survive and Blore won't?
10. What initially gives Wargrave the idea of murdering the people on Indian Island?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)