|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had brought a syringe to the house?
2. What is in Vera's room that she had never noticed before?
(a) A telephone.
(b) A knife.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A big black hook.
3. Whose room is discovered to be empty?
4. Who does Vera believe to be the killer?
(c) An evil spirit.
5. When does Lombard usually wake up?
(a) 9 A.M.
(b) 5:15 A.M.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first saw the SOS signals?
2. Why does Wargrave think all doctors are the same?
3. What did the author of the manuscript like to kill?
4. Who does Vera suspect the most?
5. When the guests go down for breakfast, how many Indian figurines are on the table?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Judge respond when Lombard refuses to give up his weapon?
2. Why does Blore bring everybody outside?
3. Why does Lombard believe that he will survive and Blore won't?
4. How does Lombard suggest signaling for help?
5. Who is given the keys to the silver chest?
6. What does Vera find when she returns to her room?
7. What happens to Emily after she writes in her diary?
8. How does Emily interpret the poem's reference to a "red herring?"
9. What makes Vera feel relief?
10. What really happened to Cyril?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)