|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Emily brought up never to do?
(a) Make a fuss.
(b) Argue her point.
(c) Ask forgiveness.
(d) Tell lies.
2. Who offers to clear the table after breakfast?
3. Who makes tea for the others?
4. What does Emily think she sees on the windowpane?
(a) A gun.
(b) A bee.
(c) A cross.
(d) A face.
5. What does Armstrong say about the older guests?
(a) They are more likely to cling to life.
(b) They are more foolhardy.
(c) They are more likely to embrace death.
(d) They are more scared.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal is Vera said to resemble?
2. What does Vera smell when she goes into her room?
3. Who was Wargrave's 10th victim?
4. What change did the author of the manuscript begin to feel as he got older?
5. What has Emily lost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Emily after she writes in her diary?
2. What initially gives Wargrave the idea of murdering the people on Indian Island?
3. Why does Lombard suspect Wargrave?
4. What does Armstrong say about Emily's strength?
5. How does the Judge respond when Lombard refuses to give up his weapon?
6. Why does Lombard believe that he will survive and Blore won't?
7. How does Emily interpret the poem's reference to a "red herring?"
8. How does Lombard suggest signaling for help?
9. Describe Blore's appearance.
10. What makes Vera feel relief?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)