|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Wargrave's 10th victim?
(a) Inspector Maine.
(c) None of these answers are correct.
2. Why do the investigators believe Narracott checked on the island even though he was instructed not to?
(a) Because he had a dream that told him to.
(b) Because the guests seemed so normal and quiet.
(c) Because he saw their signals.
(d) Because he was afraid.
3. What does Blore say to do after locking the doors?
(a) Pray for safety.
(b) Don't fall asleep.
(c) Lock the windows.
(d) Put a chair under the handle.
4. What does Blore take with him when he leaves his room?
(a) A clock.
(b) A knife.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A gun.
5. What does Armstrong say about the older guests?
(a) They are more likely to cling to life.
(b) They are more scared.
(c) They are more foolhardy.
(d) They are more likely to embrace death.
Short Answer Questions
1. After going into a trance-like state, what name does Emily come up with as the murderer's?
2. Who did Emily dream about the night before?
3. What is in the drawer or the table by Lombard's bed?
4. What does Emily think she sees on the windowpane?
5. What attribute has Vera always prided herself on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Lombard's instructions to Vera?
2. What happens to Emily after she writes in her diary?
3. What evidence is there that Rogers slept in his room?
4. What really happened to Cyril?
5. What is in Armstrong's medical case?
6. What romantic notion inspires the author of the manuscript's method of confession?
7. What is the Judge's appearance when he is found dead?
8. What does Armstrong say about Emily's strength?
9. Why does Blore bring everybody outside?
10. How does Lombard suggest signaling for help?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)