|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Armstrong believe Emily was killed?
(a) With a knife.
(b) With a gun.
(c) With a hypodermic syringe.
(d) With poison.
2. Where does Lombard suggest they sleep?
(a) In the same room.
(b) On the terrace.
(c) By the top cliffs.
(d) In the kitchen.
3. Who offers to help clear the table?
4. Who declines to help clear the table "out of giddiness?"
5. Why does Wargrave think all doctors are the same?
(a) They think in cliches.
(b) They take too many risks.
(c) They are too cocky.
(d) They are too timid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blore say to do after locking the doors?
2. How did Mr. Morris die?
3. What animal does Vera compare Lombard's face to?
4. What feeling does the phrase "this is the end" create in Vera?
5. Whose room does Lombard first go to when he wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence is there that Rogers slept in his room?
2. What is in Armstrong's medical case?
3. How does the Judge respond when Lombard refuses to give up his weapon?
4. What happens to Emily after she writes in her diary?
5. What are Lombard's instructions to Vera?
6. Why does Blore bring everybody outside?
7. What romantic notion inspires the author of the manuscript's method of confession?
8. How does Emily interpret the poem's reference to a "red herring?"
9. Why does Blore think that Emily might be guilty?
10. How does Rogers ensure that nothing will happen to the figurines?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)