|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the woman that Armstrong killed suffering from?
2. How does Vera get the revolver?
(a) She finds it in the bushes.
(b) She finds it in the sea.
(c) She picks Lombard's pocket.
(d) She asks Lombard for it.
3. What is in Vera's room that she had never noticed before?
(a) A big black hook.
(b) A knife.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A telephone.
4. What did the author of the manuscript like to kill?
5. Who first saw the SOS signals?
(b) The police.
(c) A fisherman.
(d) Some boy scouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "we're the zoo."
2. What does Blore want to do with the revolver?
3. What is missing from the bathroom?
4. What kind of animal is Vera said to resemble?
5. What change did the author of the manuscript begin to feel as he got older?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Vera's opinion of the idea that Lombard might be the killer?
2. What makes Vera feel relief?
3. What initially gives Wargrave the idea of murdering the people on Indian Island?
4. How does Emily interpret the poem's reference to a "red herring?"
5. Why does Blore bring everybody outside?
6. Why does Blore think that Emily might be guilty?
7. What is in Armstrong's medical case?
8. Why does Lombard suspect Wargrave?
9. Who is given the keys to the silver chest?
10. What romantic notion inspires the author of the manuscript's method of confession?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)