|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose room is discovered to be empty in the middle of the night?
2. How does Armstrong believe Emily was killed?
(a) With a knife.
(b) With a hypodermic syringe.
(c) With poison.
(d) With a gun.
3. What is missing from the bathroom?
(a) The mirror.
(b) The rug.
(c) The curtain.
(d) The towels.
4. Who offers to clear the table after breakfast?
5. What does Emily think she sees on the windowpane?
(a) A cross.
(b) A face.
(c) A bee.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first saw the SOS signals?
2. Who does Vera believe to be the killer?
3. What does Vera smell when she goes into her room?
4. What was Emily brought up never to do?
5. What feeling does the phrase "this is the end" create in Vera?
Short Essay Questions
1. What romantic notion inspires the author of the manuscript's method of confession?
2. How does Lombard suggest signaling for help?
3. What is the Judge's appearance when he is found dead?
4. How does the Judge respond when Lombard refuses to give up his weapon?
5. What did Morris tell the people of Sticklehaven?
6. What happens to Emily after she writes in her diary?
7. What evidence is there that Rogers slept in his room?
8. Who is given the keys to the silver chest?
9. How does Emily interpret the poem's reference to a "red herring?"
10. How does Rogers ensure that nothing will happen to the figurines?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)