|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Vera compare Lombard's face to?
(a) A panther.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A snake.
(d) A wolf.
2. Where does Lombard suggest they sleep?
(a) In the same room.
(b) On the terrace.
(c) By the top cliffs.
(d) In the kitchen.
3. Who does Emily think she sees in the dining room?
(a) Rogers' ghost.
(b) Beatrice Taylor.
(c) Marston's ghost.
(d) U. N. Owen.
4. What kind of animal is Vera said to resemble?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A bird.
(c) A panther.
(d) A tortoise.
5. What has Emily lost?
(a) Her pearls.
(b) Her yarn.
(c) Her hair comb.
(d) Her Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had brought a syringe to the house?
2. What attribute has Vera always prided herself on?
3. What did the author of the manuscript like to kill?
4. Who did Emily dream about the night before?
5. Who declines to help clear the table "out of giddiness?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Morris tell the people of Sticklehaven?
2. What happens to Emily after she writes in her diary?
3. What are Lombard's instructions to Vera?
4. Why does Blore bring everybody outside?
5. How does Lombard suggest signaling for help?
6. What romantic notion inspires the author of the manuscript's method of confession?
7. Why does Blore think that Emily might be guilty?
8. What really happened to Cyril?
9. Describe Blore's appearance.
10. What evidence is there that Rogers slept in his room?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)