|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rogers moving his belongings to?
(a) The smallest available guest room.
(b) To a shed outside.
(c) To the boathouse.
(d) To the garage.
2. Who faints after the recording?
(a) Mrs. Rogers.
(c) Dr. Armstrong.
3. What does Rogers drop during the recording?
(a) Emily's suitcase.
(b) An Indian figurine.
(c) The dinner dishes.
(d) The coffee tray.
4. What does Armstrong believe was in Marston's glass?
(a) A poisonous wasp.
5. Where are the cliffs located on the island?
(a) On the southern side.
(b) On the southeast side.
(c) In the center of the island.
(d) On the northwest side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food is left in the larder?
2. Who does Lombard think has gone "balmy?"
3. How many Indian figurines are left on the table at the end of the chapter?
4. What was the hobby of the original owner of Indian Island?
5. At what time does the Voice start talking?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emily Brent explain Mrs. Rogers' death?
2. What do Vera and Emily disagree about?
3. What is Rogers' appearance like when he comes on the terrace to speak to Dr. Armstrong?
4. What did Emily suggest Vera do with her after breakfast?
5. What does Mrs. Rogers look like?
6. What is Blore's evaluation of the letter to Rogers?
7. Why don't Vera and the others think that Marston would have killed himself?
8. What is Blore's hypothesis about Mrs. Rogers' death?
9. How does Emily describe the weather?
10. Why did Blore, Armstrong and Lombard assume a stranger was upstairs and not Rogers?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)