|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the guests talk about at breakfast?
(a) Loch Ness.
(b) The news from abroad.
(c) All answers are correct.
2. Why does the General ask not to be disturbed?
(a) Because he wants to read.
(b) Because he wants to pray.
(c) Because he has little time.
(d) Because he doesn't like anyone on the island.
3. Where has the voice been coming from?
(a) A gramophone behind a wall.
(b) From outside the window.
(c) From under the dinner table.
(d) A person hiding behind a wall.
4. Who is the first person who volunteers to stay back at the station?
(d) Justice Wargrave.
5. How many Indian figurines are left on the table at the end of the chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Armstrong believe about U.N. Owen?
2. What does Armstrong say Marston died of?
3. Who does Armstrong believe knows what happened to Louisa Clees besides him?
4. What interests did Macarthur's wife have in common with her lover?
5. Who does Armstrong think is best at "masterly inactivity?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why don't Vera and the others think that Marston would have killed himself?
2. Why does Vera feel lucky about her job on Indian Island?
3. How was Macarthur killed?
4. Why was Lombard invited to the island?
5. Describe Marston's arrival in Sticklehaven.
6. What are some habits in others that annoy Emily Brent?
7. What were Lady Constance Culmington's plans the last time Justice Wargrave saw her?
8. Why has the American millionaire who created Indian Island decided to sell it?
9. What does Mrs. Rogers look like?
10. What is the conflict between Vera and Emily concerning Lombard's crime?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)