|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the cliffs located on the island?
(a) In the center of the island.
(b) On the southeast side.
(c) On the northwest side.
(d) On the southern side.
2. What was Marston drinking?
(a) Whiskey and soda.
3. What is framed over Vera's mantle?
(a) A nursery rhyme.
(b) The portrait of a young man.
(c) A photograph of Indian Island.
(d) The Ten Commandments.
4. What did the text say that hung in Emily's nursery when she was a child?
(a) Be sure thy sin will find thee out.
(b) There is nothing to fear but God.
(c) Forgive others and they will forgive you.
(d) Peace before all.
5. What interests did Macarthur's wife have in common with her lover?
(c) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beatrice kill herself?
2. Who suggests that everyone go to bed?
3. What does General Macarthur say it is when you "come to the end?"
4. What is Justice Wargrave reading on the train?
5. What is the name of the inn at Sticklehaven?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Lombard invited to the island?
2. How does Emily describe the weather?
3. Describe Marston's arrival in Sticklehaven.
4. What is Blore's theory about the deaths?
5. After the "indictments" are played, what is the behavior of Wargrave and Miss Brent?
6. What did Emily suggest Vera do with her after breakfast?
7. Why does Vera feel lucky about her job on Indian Island?
8. How does Emily Brent explain Mrs. Rogers' death?
9. How does Emily claim she was deceived by Beatrice's behavior?
10. Why don't Vera and the others think that Marston would have killed himself?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)