|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does General Macarthur keep seeing in his mind before he falls asleep?
(b) Arthur Richmond.
(d) His mother.
2. What do the guests talk about at breakfast?
(a) Loch Ness.
(b) The news from abroad.
(c) All answers are correct.
3. What does Blore suggest doing that night?
(a) Committing suicide.
(b) Creating a bonfire.
(c) Swimming for shore.
(d) Building a boat.
4. Who does Armstrong think is best at "masterly inactivity?"
5. What is framed over Vera's mantle?
(a) The portrait of a young man.
(b) A nursery rhyme.
(c) A photograph of Indian Island.
(d) The Ten Commandments.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Macarthur's wife die?
2. What do the guests realize their host's pseudonym stands for?
3. Who does Rogers come on to the terrace to speak to?
4. What does Armstrong say that many homicidal people are?
5. What do Vera and Davis talk about during dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emily claim she was deceived by Beatrice's behavior?
2. Why does Vera feel lucky about her job on Indian Island?
3. Why does Rogers say that Armstrong will think he is crazy?
4. What is Blore's evaluation of the letter to Rogers?
5. What do Vera and Emily disagree about?
6. Describe the house on Indian Island.
7. What does Mrs. Rogers look like?
8. What did Emily suggest Vera do with her after breakfast?
9. What does the Judge remember about Seton's defense?
10. What was General Macarthur's life like in Devon?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)