|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to help clear the table?
2. What attribute has Vera always prided herself on?
(a) Her whimsy.
(b) Her levelheadedness.
(c) Her physical strength.
(d) Her delicate nature.
3. What does Blore say to do after locking the doors?
(a) Put a chair under the handle.
(b) Pray for safety.
(c) Lock the windows.
(d) Don't fall asleep.
4. What does Blore think he can locate?
(a) The weapon used to kill Emily.
(b) The missing curtain.
(c) The missing yarn.
(d) U.N. Owen.
5. How does Vera get the revolver?
(a) She asks Lombard for it.
(b) She picks Lombard's pocket.
(c) She finds it in the bushes.
(d) She finds it in the sea.
6. Who declines to help clear the table "out of giddiness?"
7. Where was Rogers' body found?
(a) By the sea.
(b) In the wash house.
(c) In the basement.
(d) On the terrace.
8. Whose room does Lombard first go to when he wakes up?
9. Whose room is discovered to be empty?
10. Who does Emily think she sees in the dining room?
(a) Beatrice Taylor.
(b) U. N. Owen.
(c) Rogers' ghost.
(d) Marston's ghost.
11. What does Blore use to try and find fingerprints?
(c) Cosmetic powder.
12. What change did the author of the manuscript begin to feel as he got older?
(a) A growing desire to commit suicide.
(b) A growing desire to go to prison.
(c) A growing desire to become a physician.
(d) A growing desire to commit murder.
13. Who was Wargrave's 10th victim?
(a) Inspector Maine.
(b) None of these answers are correct.
14. What kind of animal is Vera said to resemble?
(a) A bird.
(b) A tortoise.
(c) A panther.
(d) A mouse.
15. What animal does Vera compare Lombard's face to?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A snake.
(d) A panther.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily think she sees on the windowpane?
2. When the guests go down for breakfast, how many Indian figurines are on the table?
3. What kills Blore?
4. Why does Wargrave think all doctors are the same?
5. What profession did the author of the manuscript pursue?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)