|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lombard suggest they sleep?
(a) On the terrace.
(b) By the top cliffs.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the same room.
2. What other trait did the author of the manuscript have besides a lust for killing?
(a) Love of intrigue.
(b) Love of women.
(c) Love of adventure.
(d) Love of justice.
3. Who declines to help clear the table "out of giddiness?"
4. What does Blore take with him when he leaves his room?
(a) A clock.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A lamp.
5. Why does Wargrave think all doctors are the same?
(a) They think in cliches.
(b) They take too many risks.
(c) They are too timid.
(d) They are too cocky.
6. What was Emily brought up never to do?
(a) Argue her point.
(b) Tell lies.
(c) Make a fuss.
(d) Ask forgiveness.
7. How does Vera get the revolver?
(a) She finds it in the sea.
(b) She asks Lombard for it.
(c) She picks Lombard's pocket.
(d) She finds it in the bushes.
8. What does Blore use to try and find fingerprints?
(c) Cosmetic powder.
9. What is in the drawer or the table by Lombard's bed?
(a) His revolver.
(b) A knife.
(d) Vera's watch.
10. What does Emily think she sees on the windowpane?
(a) A gun.
(b) A face.
(c) A cross.
(d) A bee.
11. Who first saw the SOS signals?
(a) A fisherman.
(c) Some boy scouts.
(d) The police.
12. What does Blore say to do after locking the doors?
(a) Put a chair under the handle.
(b) Don't fall asleep.
(c) Pray for safety.
(d) Lock the windows.
13. What does Blore say about the killer's character?
(a) He would be a cool customer.
(b) He would be wracked with guilt.
(c) He would be disorganized.
(d) He would be frazzled.
14. What animal does Vera compare Lombard's face to?
(a) A snake.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A panther.
(d) A tiger.
15. What was Rogers doing when he was killed?
(a) Polishing the silver.
(b) Washing clothes.
(c) Signalling for help.
(d) Chopping wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vera smell when she goes into her room?
2. What does Vera want to look for on the island?
3. How does Armstrong believe Emily was killed?
4. Who has whiskey instead of tea?
5. When the guests go down for breakfast, how many Indian figurines are on the table?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)