|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lombard suggest doing when the weather lifts?
(a) Make a signal.
(b) Build a raft.
(c) Light fires.
(d) All answers are correct.
2. What does Lombard at first refuse to give up?
(a) His revolver.
(b) His knife.
(c) His keys.
(d) His medications.
3. What animal is Wargrave said to resemble?
(a) A lion.
(b) A hare.
(c) A tortoise.
(d) A mouse.
4. Who offers to help clear the table?
5. Who does Vera believe to be the killer?
(b) An evil spirit.
6. Who does Emily think she sees in the dining room?
(a) Rogers' ghost.
(b) Beatrice Taylor.
(c) U. N. Owen.
(d) Marston's ghost.
7. What profession did the author of the manuscript pursue?
(a) The law.
8. Who did Emily dream about the night before?
(b) The General.
9. What is missing from the bathroom?
(a) The rug.
(b) The curtain.
(c) The mirror.
(d) The towels.
10. What does Blore think he can locate?
(a) The weapon used to kill Emily.
(b) The missing curtain.
(c) U.N. Owen.
(d) The missing yarn.
11. What was Rogers doing when he was killed?
(a) Polishing the silver.
(b) Chopping wood.
(c) Signalling for help.
(d) Washing clothes.
12. What does Blore use to try and find fingerprints?
(c) Cosmetic powder.
13. What does Emily think she sees on the windowpane?
(a) A face.
(b) A gun.
(c) A cross.
(d) A bee.
14. What frightens Rogers the most about the murders?
(a) That he can't get off the island.
(b) He has no idea who the murderer is.
(c) That he thinks he will be next.
(d) That he knows who the murderer is.
15. What does Vera do to pass the time?
(a) She knits.
(b) She writes in her diary.
(c) She prays.
(d) She writes letters to Hugo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Wargrave hear about Emily?
2. Who says "we're the zoo."
3. After reading her Bible before bed, what does Emily do next?
4. Where was Rogers' body found?
5. What feeling does the phrase "this is the end" create in Vera?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)