|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose room is discovered to be empty?
2. What is in the drawer or the table by Lombard's bed?
(a) Vera's watch.
(b) His revolver.
(d) A knife.
3. What does Vera want to look for on the island?
(a) A boat.
(b) A cave.
(c) A hive.
(d) A knife.
4. What does Blore say to do after locking the doors?
(a) Pray for safety.
(b) Put a chair under the handle.
(c) Don't fall asleep.
(d) Lock the windows.
5. Who was Wargrave's 10th victim?
(a) Inspector Maine.
(d) None of these answers are correct.
6. Who had brought a syringe to the house?
7. What does Vera do to pass the time?
(a) She writes in her diary.
(b) She prays.
(c) She knits.
(d) She writes letters to Hugo.
8. What does Blore want to do with the revolver?
(a) Throw it in the sea.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Lock it up.
(d) Bury it.
9. What is the one possible hiding place in Rogers' room?
(a) In the wardrobe.
(b) In a closet.
(c) In a large trunk.
(d) Under the bed.
10. What was Emily brought up never to do?
(a) Make a fuss.
(b) Tell lies.
(c) Ask forgiveness.
(d) Argue her point.
11. Who does Emily think she sees in the dining room?
(a) Beatrice Taylor.
(b) Rogers' ghost.
(c) Marston's ghost.
(d) U. N. Owen.
12. Who has whiskey instead of tea?
(d) All answers are correct.
13. What was Rogers doing when he was killed?
(a) Polishing the silver.
(b) Washing clothes.
(c) Chopping wood.
(d) Signalling for help.
14. What does Vera wear while she is searched?
(a) A robe.
(b) A bathing suit.
(c) A negligee.
(d) Her undergarments.
15. What does Blore think he can locate?
(a) The missing curtain.
(b) The missing yarn.
(c) U.N. Owen.
(d) The weapon used to kill Emily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blore say about the killer's character?
2. Why do the investigators believe Narracott checked on the island even though he was instructed not to?
3. Whose room is discovered to be empty in the middle of the night?
4. When does Lombard usually wake up?
5. What does Emily think she sees on the windowpane?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)