|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose room is discovered to be empty in the middle of the night?
2. Why does Wargrave think all doctors are the same?
(a) They are too cocky.
(b) They are too timid.
(c) They take too many risks.
(d) They think in cliches.
3. Who offers to help clear the table?
4. What did the author of the manuscript like to kill?
5. Who does Emily think she sees in the dining room?
(a) U. N. Owen.
(b) Beatrice Taylor.
(c) Rogers' ghost.
(d) Marston's ghost.
6. What is Blore's explanation for Emily's lack of guilt over what happened to Beatrice?
7. What does Blore use to try and find fingerprints?
(b) Cosmetic powder.
8. What is missing from the bathroom?
(a) The rug.
(b) The mirror.
(c) The towels.
(d) The curtain.
9. What kills Blore?
(a) A wild animal.
(b) An Indian figurine.
(c) A piece of wood.
(d) A clock.
10. What attribute has Vera always prided herself on?
(a) Her physical strength.
(b) Her delicate nature.
(c) Her whimsy.
(d) Her levelheadedness.
11. How many Indian figurines remain on the table?
12. Who has provisioned the island?
(a) Dr. Armstrong.
(b) Mr. Morris.
(c) Mr. Narracott.
(d) Mr. Rogers.
13. What does Emily think she sees on the windowpane?
(a) A face.
(b) A cross.
(c) A bee.
(d) A gun.
14. When the guests go down for breakfast, how many Indian figurines are on the table?
15. What is the one possible hiding place in Rogers' room?
(a) In the wardrobe.
(b) In a large trunk.
(c) In a closet.
(d) Under the bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Armstrong believe Emily was killed?
2. What is in Vera's room that she had never noticed before?
3. Where did Wargrave hear about Emily?
4. What did the General do that appalled Emily?
5. What change did the author of the manuscript begin to feel as he got older?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)