|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Vera connected to Cyril Hamilton?
(a) She was his nursery governess.
(b) She was his first cousin.
(c) She was his aunt.
(d) She was his teacher at school.
2. What do the guests realize their host's pseudonym stands for?
(a) No one.
(b) M. Morris.
(d) A Ghost.
3. Who might have potassium cyanide, according to Lombard?
(a) A gardener.
(b) A cook.
(c) A maid.
(d) A butler.
4. What does Emily take from her bag after dinner?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A love letter.
(d) A photograph of her father.
5. What does Armstrong believe about U.N. Owen?
(a) That he is living in Sticklehaven.
(b) That he is Rogers.
(c) That he is perfectly sane.
(d) That he is a lunatic.
6. How does Macarthur's wife die?
(b) She is murdered.
(c) She drowns.
(d) Scarlet Fever.
7. What is Justice Wargrave reading on the train?
(a) The Bible.
(b) His will.
(c) A love letter from his wife.
(d) The Times.
8. What kind of food is left in the larder?
(a) Only crackers.
(b) All perishables.
(c) Just fruit.
(d) Tinned food.
9. What does Rogers drop during the recording?
(a) An Indian figurine.
(b) The dinner dishes.
(c) The coffee tray.
(d) Emily's suitcase.
10. What does Lombard browse through after dinner?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A copy of Punch.
(c) The Times.
(d) The Collected Works of Shakespeare.
11. What does Lombard say natives don't mind doing?
(b) Going to war.
(c) Leaving home.
(d) Killing others.
12. What does the Judge remove before going to bed?
(a) His watch.
(b) A chain around his neck.
(c) His wig.
(d) His false teeth.
13. Who faints after the recording?
(b) Dr. Armstrong.
(d) Mrs. Rogers.
14. When does the motorboat usually arrive with supplies?
(a) Between 7 and 8.
(b) Between 10 and 11.
(c) At 9:15.
(d) At 10:30 sharp.
15. Why doesn't Lombard think there aren't any fishing boats out?
(a) Because Fred Narracott has told everyone not to fish those waters.
(b) Because U.N. Owen has killed all of the fishermen.
(c) Because a storm is coming.
(d) Because this area isn't known for its fishing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the hobby of the original owner of Indian Island?
2. Who does Blore think has gone mad?
3. Who leaves to get Macarthur?
4. What street does Justice Wargrave associate Dr. Armstrong with?
5. What is Emily doing all morning?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)