|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily take from her bag after dinner?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A photograph of her father.
2. What is framed over Vera's mantle?
(a) The Ten Commandments.
(b) A nursery rhyme.
(c) The portrait of a young man.
(d) A photograph of Indian Island.
3. What does Rogers have to do before he can retire for the evening?
(a) Clear the dining room.
(b) Chop wood.
(c) Close all of the windows.
(d) Get rid of the Indian figurines.
4. Who was the first person rumored to have bought Indian Island after it was originally sold?
(a) Ms. Brent.
(b) Mr. Owen.
(c) Mr. Rogers.
(d) Lady Culmington.
5. What is the name of the inn at Sticklehaven?
(a) The Shooting Star.
(b) The Swan Song.
(c) Seventh Heaven.
(d) Seven Stars.
6. What does Rogers drop during the recording?
(a) The dinner dishes.
(b) An Indian figurine.
(c) Emily's suitcase.
(d) The coffee tray.
7. How does Macarthur's wife die?
(a) She is murdered.
(b) She drowns.
(c) Scarlet Fever.
8. When does the motorboat usually arrive with supplies?
(a) Between 10 and 11.
(b) Between 7 and 8.
(c) At 9:15.
(d) At 10:30 sharp.
9. Where has the voice been coming from?
(a) From under the dinner table.
(b) From outside the window.
(c) A person hiding behind a wall.
(d) A gramophone behind a wall.
10. What compliment does Emily give Mrs. Rogers?
(a) She says that she is very well-read.
(b) She says she is a good cook.
(c) She says she is good looking.
(d) She says she is dressed well.
11. Who chokes on his wine?
12. What was the return address on the letter sent to Rogers?
(c) Ritz Hotel.
(d) South Africa.
13. Where is Indian Island located?
(a) Off of the Devon Coast.
(b) In the Indian Ocean.
(c) In the Caribbean.
(d) In the Mediterranean.
14. What do the guests realize their host's pseudonym stands for?
(b) M. Morris.
(c) A Ghost.
(d) No one.
15. What word does Emily use while discussing Mrs. Rogers' death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person who volunteers to stay back at the station?
2. Who might have potassium cyanide, according to Lombard?
3. What is Justice Wargrave reading on the train?
4. What is the nearest train station to Indian Island?
5. Who does Fred Narracott send to the island if he is ill?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)