|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the man from who talked to Blore on the train?
2. What did the text say that hung in Emily's nursery when she was a child?
(a) There is nothing to fear but God.
(b) Be sure thy sin will find thee out.
(c) Peace before all.
(d) Forgive others and they will forgive you.
3. How did Marston kill John and Lucy Combes?
(a) He shot them.
(b) He poisoned them.
(c) He stabbed them.
(d) He ran them over with his car.
4. What type of animal is Lombard described as?
(a) A rat.
(b) A panther.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A tortoise.
5. Who is the only person that Mr. Narracott thinks seems like "the right kind" to be visiting Indian Island?
(b) Tony Marston.
6. When does the motorboat usually arrive with supplies?
(a) At 9:15.
(b) Between 7 and 8.
(c) Between 10 and 11.
(d) At 10:30 sharp.
7. How does Beatrice kill herself?
(a) She hangs herself.
(b) She drinks poison.
(c) She shoots herself.
(d) She throws herself in the river.
8. What do Vera and Davis talk about during dinner?
(a) The weather.
(c) Ghost stories.
(d) South Africa.
9. How many servants are there on Indian Island to take care of the guests?
10. Who does Blore think has gone mad?
11. What feeling does the General think that Emily wouldn't understand?
12. What does Armstrong believe about U.N. Owen?
(a) That he is perfectly sane.
(b) That he is Rogers.
(c) That he is living in Sticklehaven.
(d) That he is a lunatic.
13. What happened to Beatrice Taylor while she was in Emily's employ?
(a) She went to prison.
(b) She eloped.
(c) She killed someone.
(d) She got pregnant.
14. What does Lombard browse through after dinner?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Times.
(c) The Collected Works of Shakespeare.
(d) A copy of Punch.
15. How many other people are traveling in Vera's carriage?
(d) No other people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lombard say couldn't possibly be the killer?
2. How much is Captain Lombard being paid to go to Indian Island?
3. What street does Justice Wargrave associate Dr. Armstrong with?
4. Who does Lombard think has gone "balmy?"
5. Who leaves to get Macarthur?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)