|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Macarthur's wife die?
(a) She drowns.
(b) Scarlet Fever.
(d) She is murdered.
2. Who might have potassium cyanide, according to Lombard?
(a) A cook.
(b) A maid.
(c) A butler.
(d) A gardener.
3. What do the guests realize their host's pseudonym stands for?
(a) A Ghost.
(c) M. Morris.
(d) No one.
4. What compliment does Emily give Mrs. Rogers?
(a) She says she is a good cook.
(b) She says she is dressed well.
(c) She says that she is very well-read.
(d) She says she is good looking.
5. Who does Blore suspect is the killer?
(a) Mr. Morris.
6. How did Blore know Landor?
(a) He is his uncle.
(b) He was the police officer in charge of his case.
(c) He is his brother.
(d) He was his commander.
7. What crime was Landor accused of?
(a) Bank robbery.
8. Who does Armstrong think is best at "masterly inactivity?"
9. What does Armstrong believe was in Marston's glass?
(d) A poisonous wasp.
10. What did the text say that hung in Emily's nursery when she was a child?
(a) Be sure thy sin will find thee out.
(b) There is nothing to fear but God.
(c) Peace before all.
(d) Forgive others and they will forgive you.
11. Who does Fred Narracott send to the island if he is ill?
(a) His son.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His wife.
12. What does Armstrong say Marston died of?
(a) A stroke.
(b) A heart attack.
13. What happened to Blore after Landor's trial?
(a) He got fired.
(b) He retired.
(c) He was promoted.
(d) He quit his job.
14. When can't boats land on Indian Island?
(a) When there is a southeasterly storm.
(b) During the daytime.
(c) In the winter.
(d) During evening.
15. What happens just as the General's body is brought into the house?
(a) Emily faints.
(b) The storm breaks.
(c) A siren begins to blare.
(d) The electricity goes out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blore suggest doing that night?
2. Where are the cliffs located on the island?
3. Who does Armstrong believe knows what happened to Louisa Clees besides him?
4. What type of animal is Lombard described as?
5. What does the Judge remove before going to bed?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)