|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lombard browse through after dinner?
(a) The Collected Works of Shakespeare.
(b) The Times.
(c) A copy of Punch.
(d) The Bible.
2. Who is the first person who volunteers to stay back at the station?
(d) Justice Wargrave.
3. What feeling does the General think that Emily wouldn't understand?
4. What does Rogers drop during the recording?
(a) The coffee tray.
(b) The dinner dishes.
(c) Emily's suitcase.
(d) An Indian figurine.
5. What happened the night Mrs. Brady died?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) The telephones went out.
(c) There was a storm.
(d) The doctor couldn't get to her.
6. How much money was Blore offered to come to the island?
(a) 25 guineas.
(b) 100 guineas.
(c) 50 guineas.
(d) 500 guineas.
7. What is Vera's occupation?
(a) She is a mathematics teacher.
(b) She is a games mistress.
(c) She is a history teacher.
(d) She is a school counselor.
8. What does Armstrong say Marston died of?
(a) A stroke.
(b) A heart attack.
9. When does the motorboat usually arrive with supplies?
(a) Between 10 and 11.
(b) Between 7 and 8.
(c) At 9:15.
(d) At 10:30 sharp.
10. Where are the cliffs located on the island?
(a) On the northwest side.
(b) On the southeast side.
(c) On the southern side.
(d) In the center of the island.
11. What does Blore bring Armstrong to help with the search of the island?
(b) A ladder.
(c) A knife.
(d) An axe.
12. Who ordered and paid for everything on Indian Island?
(a) Mr. Morris.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Jones.
(d) Mr. Thomas.
13. How does Macarthur's wife die?
(b) She is murdered.
(c) Scarlet Fever.
(d) She drowns.
14. How many Indian figurines are left on the table at the end of the chapter?
15. What is the name of the inn at Sticklehaven?
(a) The Swan Song.
(b) Seventh Heaven.
(c) The Shooting Star.
(d) Seven Stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Armstrong believe knows what happened to Louisa Clees besides him?
2. Why does Lombard say he brought his weapon?
3. What was the hobby of the original owner of Indian Island?
4. Where do Blore, Armstrong and Lombard hear footsteps while they are searching the house?
5. What was Emily Brent's father's occupation?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)