|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that everyone go to bed?
2. Who was the first person rumored to have bought Indian Island after it was originally sold?
(a) Ms. Brent.
(b) Lady Culmington.
(c) Mr. Owen.
(d) Mr. Rogers.
3. What happened to Blore after Landor's trial?
(a) He was promoted.
(b) He retired.
(c) He got fired.
(d) He quit his job.
4. Where do Blore, Armstrong and Lombard hear footsteps while they are searching the house?
(a) In Marston's room.
(b) In Vera's room.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In Mrs. Rogers' room.
5. What does Armstrong believe was in Marston's glass?
(c) A poisonous wasp.
6. How many servants are there on Indian Island to take care of the guests?
7. Who does Armstrong dream he has killed?
8. What does Blore suggest doing that night?
(a) Building a boat.
(b) Committing suicide.
(c) Creating a bonfire.
(d) Swimming for shore.
9. Where has the voice been coming from?
(a) A person hiding behind a wall.
(b) From under the dinner table.
(c) A gramophone behind a wall.
(d) From outside the window.
10. What word does Emily use while discussing Mrs. Rogers' death?
11. What feeling does the General think that Emily wouldn't understand?
12. When does the motorboat usually arrive with supplies?
(a) Between 10 and 11.
(b) At 10:30 sharp.
(c) At 9:15.
(d) Between 7 and 8.
13. What does Rogers drop during the recording?
(a) Emily's suitcase.
(b) An Indian figurine.
(c) The dinner dishes.
(d) The coffee tray.
14. What kind of food is left in the larder?
(a) Just fruit.
(b) All perishables.
(c) Tinned food.
(d) Only crackers.
15. Why does Lombard say he brought his weapon?
(a) He never leaves home without it.
(b) He expected to run into trouble.
(c) He wanted to give it to Mr. Owen.
(d) He wanted to use it to kill wild animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beatrice kill herself?
2. Who might have potassium cyanide, according to Lombard?
3. What does Lombard browse through after dinner?
4. Who is the first person who volunteers to stay back at the station?
5. What was Emily Brent's father's occupation?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)