|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far is Somerset from Justice Wargrave's destination?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Ten hours.
(c) Six hours.
(d) Two hours.
2. What does General Macarthur say it is when you "come to the end?"
(d) A tragedy.
3. What was the return address on the letter sent to Rogers?
(c) Ritz Hotel.
(d) South Africa.
4. What does Armstrong say Marston died of?
(c) A stroke.
(d) A heart attack.
5. What do the guests talk about at breakfast?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) The news from abroad.
(d) Loch Ness.
6. What drug does Armstrong say he gave to Mrs. Rogers?
7. How is Cyril related to Hugo?
(a) He is Hugo's first cousin.
(b) He is Hugo's step-brother.
(c) He is Hugo's little brother.
(d) He is Hugo's nephew.
8. What happens just as the General's body is brought into the house?
(a) Emily faints.
(b) The electricity goes out.
(c) The storm breaks.
(d) A siren begins to blare.
9. Who is the only person that Mr. Narracott thinks seems like "the right kind" to be visiting Indian Island?
(a) Tony Marston.
10. What is the nearest train station to Indian Island?
11. What does Narracott deliver to the island every morning?
(b) The post.
(d) All answers are correct.
12. Who does Blore think murdered Mrs. Rogers?
(d) Her husband.
13. What compliment does Emily give Mrs. Rogers?
(a) She says she is a good cook.
(b) She says she is good looking.
(c) She says that she is very well-read.
(d) She says she is dressed well.
14. What does the Judge remember most about Seton?
(a) His fair hair.
(b) His habit of looking at you straight in the face.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) His blue eyes.
15. Who does the Judge believe is Mr. Owen?
(a) A ghost.
(b) One of the remaining guests.
(c) Mr. Morris.
(d) Mr. Narracott.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the album that the Voice was recorded on?
2. Why does the General ask not to be disturbed?
3. How many Indian figurines are left on the table at the end of the chapter?
4. What happened to Beatrice Taylor while she was in Emily's employ?
5. Who does Armstrong consult on the terrace?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)