|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vera do to pass the time?
(a) She writes letters to Hugo.
(b) She knits.
(c) She writes in her diary.
(d) She prays.
2. What interests did Macarthur's wife have in common with her lover?
(a) All answers are correct.
3. Who does General Macarthur keep seeing in his mind before he falls asleep?
(b) Arthur Richmond.
(c) His mother.
4. Why does Lombard say he brought his weapon?
(a) He wanted to use it to kill wild animals.
(b) He expected to run into trouble.
(c) He never leaves home without it.
(d) He wanted to give it to Mr. Owen.
5. How is Cyril related to Hugo?
(a) He is Hugo's little brother.
(b) He is Hugo's first cousin.
(c) He is Hugo's nephew.
(d) He is Hugo's step-brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens just as the General's body is brought into the house?
2. Whose room is discovered to be empty in the middle of the night?
3. Who leaves to get Macarthur?
4. How does Macarthur's wife die?
5. What is in the drawer or the table by Lombard's bed?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)