• The opening chapter introduces the reader to each of the characters traveling to Indian Island.
• Indian Island is the home of a mansion built by an American millionaire that has recently been sold under somewhat mysterious circumstances.
• As Justice Wargrave is en route to Indian Island, he reflects upon its history and the rumors surrounding it.
• Wargrave has been invited to the Island by an old friend, Lady Constance Culmington, who often goes from one exotic locale to another trying to find a place to relax.
• Vera Claythorne has been offered a holiday position as a secretary on the Island.
• Vera is on break from her position as a games mistress at a school.
• As Vera travels, she thinks back on a past that has included a Coroner's Inquest, a lover named Hugo, and a boy named Cecil who drowned.
• Captain Philip Lombard travels in the same...
This section contains 2,919 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)