|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the exploiters?
2. Who had been a patient of the answer to #79?
3. Who does Rosemary meet as he carries a tent and beach umbrella?
4. Who does Rosemary promise to stay with at the party?
5. What name does Dick sign to a note for Maria?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rosemary's view of the Mediterranean change after she meets with film director Earl Brady?
2. What is Rosemary's response when Dick will not comply with her request to make love?
3. What are the effects of Dick's habit of giving compliments to Rosemary?
4. What is the nature of Nicole's mental illness which is mistakenly identified as schizophrenia?
5. How does Rosemary equate Nicole to her mother?
6. Why does Rosemary not have fun at the party after she analyzes the evening?
7. How does the duel turn into an entertainment event?
8. Describe the setting for the opening of the novel.
9. What lesson does Rosemary learn when Dick again rebuffs her advances?
10. Explain Mrs. Elsie Speers' devotion to her daughter, Rosemary.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Dick and Nicole constantly host lunches and parties. Why do they always need other people around? What happens to them in the end when they have to face each other without the benefit of a party? Why are they truly afraid of each other? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Rosemary's life as a young actress. Why is she so world-weary at such a young age? How is it that she can size up Earl Brady's intentions so quickly? What does Rosemary mean when she says that her view of the Mediterranean had changed since she now knows there is a film studio there?
Essay Topic 3
Dick is able to separate from Nicole on the advice of her doctors. Why do they think this is in Nicole's best interest even though she is in love with Dick? Why does Dick stand for this even though he is in love with Nicole? Why does it take the jealousy of seeing Nicole with another man to shake Dick out of his passive reverie? Explain.
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)