|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dick tell Rosemary when he goes to her hotel room?
(a) He is returning to America.
(b) He can never see her again.
(c) He is leaving Nicole.
(d) He thinks she is still beautiful.
2. What happens after Dick and Rosemary finish lunch?
(a) They make love in her hotel room.
(b) They take a drive to the country.
(c) They go sightseeing.
(d) They go to the beach.
3. What advice does Dick give to Nicole?
(a) Go back to America, fall in love and have a family.
(b) Get a second opinion from another psychologist.
(c) Stay at the institution for another year.
(d) Stop wearing such dramatic clothing.
4. What city does Dick associate with the demise of his relationship with Rosemary?
5. Who are Dick and Nicole's children?
(a) Lanier and Topsy
(b) Lance and Tippy
(c) Lawrence and Toby
(d) Lanford and Terry
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dick taken to a police station?
2. Where do Nicole and Tommy take a drive?
3. Who does Dick see on the boat ride back to Europe?
4. What does Beth ask Dick about a property of her mother's?
5. Why does Dick tell Nicole that men look at her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the perception of homosexuality during this time?
2. What is the state of the Divers' marriage by the end of Book 3, Chapter 11?
3. What are Nicole's perceptions of Dick in Book 3, Chapter 7?
4. What does Abe North's death represent for Dick?
5. What happens to Dick at the end of the novel?
6. How does money become a factor in Dick and Nicole's marriage and affect Dick's self esteem?
7. How does Dick's profession get in the way of his marriage?
8. How is Dick's marriage to Nicole compared to a patient's case?
9. What is the Diver family's situation after Dick sells his portion of the clinic?
10. What is the tragic event that occurs while Dick is in Innsbruck?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)