|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dick help in this situation?
(a) He sees it as an opportunity to do something good.
(b) He tries to protect the people he loves.
(c) He needs to teach his son a lesson.
(d) He needs to keep up a good public image.
2. Who does Dick fire at Villa Diana?
(a) Mariane, the maid
(b) Gustave, the chauffeur
(c) Bertrand, the gardener
(d) Augustine, the cook
3. Where do Dick and Nicole go for dinner?
(a) Saint Tropez
4. What does Elsie share with Dick?
(a) She has had shock treatments.
(b) Her daughter, Rosemary, is in love with him.
(c) Rosemary is her adopted daughter.
(d) She had an abortion a few years ago.
5. What explanation does Dick give to Nicole for how he sustained his injuries?
(a) Falling down some steps
(b) A minor car accident
(c) Helping a drunk friend in Rome
(d) Falling on ice
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dick next see Rosemary?
2. Why does Dick tell Nicole he had taken the trip?
3. What does Nicole say she learned a lot about in the institution?
4. Who sends a disturbing letter to Nicole?
5. Who accompanies Dick to a cabaret?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to make Dick deal with his feelings for Nicole?
2. How does Dick encounter Rosemary again?
3. What does Dick realize about his relationship with Nicole after being with Rosemary?
4. Describe the situation in which Dick falls into deeper emotional debt to Nicole's family.
5. What are Nicole's perceptions of Tommy in Book 3, Chapter 6?
6. How does Dick's profession get in the way of his marriage?
7. How does money become a factor in Dick and Nicole's marriage and affect Dick's self esteem?
8. Explain the opinions that Franz and his wife have of the Divers.
9. How is Dick's marriage to Nicole compared to a patient's case?
10. What metaphor does Dick use to describe England?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)