|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Dick and Nicole's children?
(a) Lawrence and Toby
(b) Lanford and Terry
(c) Lance and Tippy
(d) Lanier and Topsy
2. How does Nicole behave at the site of the car accident?
(a) She calls for an ambulance.
(b) She laughs hysterically.
(c) She breaks down in sobs.
(d) She runs away.
3. Where does Nicole's sister think that Nicole should live?
(a) New York
4. Who is with Nicole when Dick sees her in a cable car?
(a) Dr. Dohmler
(b) Mr. Warren
(c) Conte de Marmora
(d) Franz Gregorovius
5. What does Elsie share with Dick?
(a) Her daughter, Rosemary, is in love with him.
(b) She had an abortion a few years ago.
(c) Rosemary is her adopted daughter.
(d) She has had shock treatments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Dick give to Nicole?
2. What happens in spite of Beth's misgivings?
3. Who does Dick see on the boat ride back to Europe?
4. What does Dick find in his hotel room the next day?
5. Who sends a disturbing letter to Nicole?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Dick at the end of the novel?
2. What is the state of the Divers' marriage by the end of Book 3, Chapter 11?
3. How does Dick view his and Franz' differences as psychiatrists?
4. How does Nicole's family's wealth further complicate Dick's life?
5. What happens to make Dick deal with his feelings for Nicole?
6. What are Nicole's perceptions of Tommy in Book 3, Chapter 6?
7. How is Dick's self-esteem diminished in his work?
8. What does Abe North's death represent for Dick?
9. Describe the situation in which Dick falls into deeper emotional debt to Nicole's family.
10. How does Dick encounter Rosemary again?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)