|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nicole consider taking as a lover?
2. What does Dick realize about Rosemary the next day?
(a) They cannot see each other again.
(b) They are wild about each other.
(c) They are not in love.
(d) He cannot compete with her other men.
3. Who does Dick see on the boat ride back to Europe?
(a) Albert and Violet McKisco
(b) Luis Campion
(c) Rosemary Hoyt
(d) Abe North
4. Where do Dick and Nicole go to get haircuts together?
(a) The modeling agency
(b) The beauty salon
(c) The barbershop
(d) The hotel barber
5. What does Nicole do with a letter from Tommy?
(a) Throws it away
(b) Puts it in her desk drawer
(c) Gives it to Dick
(d) Presses it in her diary
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Beth go to get some help for the jailed Dick?
2. Dick observes that the English still feel suspicious of the Swiss because of ____________________________.
3. What is the next destination on Dick's trip?
4. Why does Beth rouse Clay from his drunken sleep?
5. Who calls Dick in the middle of the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to make Dick deal with his feelings for Nicole?
2. What is the state of the Divers' marriage by the end of Book 3, Chapter 11?
3. How does Nicole's family's wealth further complicate Dick's life?
4. What metaphor does Dick use to describe England?
5. What is the tragic event that occurs while Dick is in Innsbruck?
6. What does Dick realize about his relationship with Nicole after being with Rosemary?
7. Why does Dick get upset at Beth's manipulations?
8. How is Dick's self-esteem diminished in his work?
9. What is the perception of homosexuality during this time?
10. How is Dick's marriage to Nicole compared to a patient's case?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)