|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dick tell Nicole that men look at her?
(a) Her voice
(b) Her long hair
(c) Her elaborate clothing
(d) Her lips
2. What does Tommy tell Nicole?
(a) She is the most beautiful woman he has ever known.
(b) She is the funniest person he has ever known.
(c) She is the most dramatic person he has ever known.
(d) She is the wealthiest person he has ever known.
3. Who does Nicole consider taking as a lover?
4. Where do Dick and Nicole go to get haircuts together?
(a) The barbershop
(b) The hotel barber
(c) The modeling agency
(d) The beauty salon
5. Why does Dick arrive home without the car?
(a) He didn't feel like driving it anymore.
(b) He sold the car.
(c) He had a car accident.
(d) The car was stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Dick associate with the demise of his relationship with Rosemary?
2. What does Nicole give Tommy for his cough?
3. Where do Dick and Beth have tea?
4. What is the condition of the answer to #149 which is exacerbated by drinking?
5. Who is Franz' wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Diver family's situation after Dick sells his portion of the clinic?
2. Explain the opinions that Franz and his wife have of the Divers.
3. What happens to Dick and Rosemary's relationship while in Naples?
4. How does Nicole's family's wealth further complicate Dick's life?
5. What does Dick realize about his relationship with Nicole after being with Rosemary?
6. What does Tommy tell Nicole when they begin flirting with each other?
7. How does Dick encounter Rosemary again?
8. What is the state of Dick's alcoholism at this point?
9. How does money become a factor in Dick and Nicole's marriage and affect Dick's self esteem?
10. What is the tragic event that occurs while Dick is in Innsbruck?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)