|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tommy tells Dick that _______________ has been beaten to death at a speakeasy.
(a) Dr. Dohmler
(b) Elsie Speers
(c) Abe North
(d) Luis Campion
2. What city does Dick associate with the demise of his relationship with Rosemary?
3. Why does Nicole tell Dick that he couldn't fall in love with her?
(a) She is going back to America.
(b) He is too old for her.
(c) He never gave her a chance.
(d) She is in love with Mamora.
4. Who does Dick treat in Lausanne?
5. Dick returns to ______________ to live with his family.
(c) the Riviera
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Dick and Rosemary finish lunch?
2. What advice does Dick give to Nicole?
3. Why does Dick tell Nicole he had taken the trip?
4. Why does Dick help in this situation?
5. Who does Dick see on the boat ride back to Europe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the perception of homosexuality during this time?
2. What is the irony of the Divers intent to ask about other people's happiness?
3. How is Dick's self-esteem diminished in his work?
4. What is so surprising about Dick going to the aid of their friend, Mary North?
5. How does Nicole manage to get the best of all the worlds she wants?
6. How is Dick's marriage to Nicole compared to a patient's case?
7. How does Dick behave counter to his feelings about Nicole?
8. How does Dick begin to fall out of love with Nicole?
9. What are Nicole's perceptions of Dick in Book 3, Chapter 7?
10. What is the tragic event that occurs while Dick is in Innsbruck?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)