|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the next destination on Dick's trip?
2. Why does Dick return to America?
(a) To attend a college reunion
(b) To buy real estate
(c) To attend his father's funeral
(d) To buy a new wardrobe for Nicole
3. Where do Nicole and Tommy have dinner?
(c) Monte Carlo
4. What happens after Dick and Rosemary finish lunch?
(a) They go sightseeing.
(b) They go to the beach.
(c) They take a drive to the country.
(d) They make love in her hotel room.
5. Where is Dick going now?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franz' wife say is the only reason Dick married Nicole?
2. How does Dick think about his time with Rosemary?
3. How does Nicole spend money?
4. What burgeoning problem does Dick realize he has?
5. What does Dick resent about Beth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dick begin to fall out of love with Nicole?
2. How does money become a factor in Dick and Nicole's marriage and affect Dick's self esteem?
3. How does Dick encounter Rosemary again?
4. What happens to Dick and Rosemary's relationship while in Naples?
5. What is the perception of homosexuality during this time?
6. Describe the situation in which Dick falls into deeper emotional debt to Nicole's family.
7. What are Nicole's perceptions of Tommy in Book 3, Chapter 6?
8. What metaphor does Dick use to describe England?
9. What is the Diver family's situation after Dick sells his portion of the clinic?
10. What happens to make Dick deal with his feelings for Nicole?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)