|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Dick and Rosemary finish lunch?
(a) They go to the beach.
(b) They make love in her hotel room.
(c) They take a drive to the country.
(d) They go sightseeing.
2. Into what arrangement does Dick enter with Franz?
(a) To provide free care to Nicole
(b) To invest in a golf course
(c) To open a clinic together
(d) To buy Beth's mother's house
3. What does Nicole sense about Dick's feelings for her?
(a) He is increasingly indifferent toward her.
(b) He ignores her most of the time.
(c) He has renewed interest in her mental health.
(d) He is more amorous than ever before.
4. What advice does Dick give to Nicole?
(a) Stop wearing such dramatic clothing.
(b) Go back to America, fall in love and have a family.
(c) Get a second opinion from another psychologist.
(d) Stay at the institution for another year.
5. Nicole refers to herself as _____________________.
(a) the master plumber
(b) the life of the party
(c) Daddy's girl
(d) the crazy blonde
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dick and Nicole go to get haircuts together?
2. Why is Dick taken to a police station?
3. How does Dick think about his time with Rosemary?
4. What does Beth ask Dick about a property of her mother's?
5. Why does Nicole tell Dick that he couldn't fall in love with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does money become a factor in Dick and Nicole's marriage and affect Dick's self esteem?
2. How does Dick begin to fall out of love with Nicole?
3. How does Dick encounter Rosemary again?
4. How does Nicole's family's wealth further complicate Dick's life?
5. Why does Dick get upset at Beth's manipulations?
6. What is so surprising about Dick going to the aid of their friend, Mary North?
7. What is the perception of homosexuality during this time?
8. What is the tragic event that occurs while Dick is in Innsbruck?
9. How does Dick behave counter to his feelings about Nicole?
10. What is the state of the Divers' marriage by the end of Book 3, Chapter 11?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)