|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what incident do the Divers offend their hostess, Mary North, and leave her home on bad terms?
(a) A bath
(b) A finger bowl
(c) A fish fork
(d) A candlestick
2. Who does Dick run into while in Naples?
3. Into what arrangement does Dick enter with Franz?
(a) To open a clinic together
(b) To buy Beth's mother's house
(c) To provide free care to Nicole
(d) To invest in a golf course
4. How does Dick think about his time with Rosemary?
(a) It is just for fun.
(b) It makes him feel guilty.
(c) It is the best time he has ever had.
(d) It is leading to something serious.
5. Who does Dick treat in Lausanne?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Dick associate with the demise of his relationship with Rosemary?
2. Who is Nicole's sister?
3. Why does Dick arrive home without the car?
4. What makes Dick feel trapped in his marriage?
5. Dick returns to ______________ to live with his family.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the state of the Divers' marriage by the end of Book 3, Chapter 11?
2. Why does Dick get upset at Beth's manipulations?
3. What is so surprising about Dick going to the aid of their friend, Mary North?
4. What happens to Dick and Rosemary's relationship while in Naples?
5. What happens to Dick at the end of the novel?
6. How does money become a factor in Dick and Nicole's marriage and affect Dick's self esteem?
7. How does Dick's profession get in the way of his marriage?
8. How does Dick begin to fall out of love with Nicole?
9. What metaphor does Dick use to describe England?
10. How does Dick encounter Rosemary again?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)