|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Dick's father's church?
2. What makes Dick feel trapped in his marriage?
(a) His children
(b) Nicole's illness
(c) Nicole's money
(d) His father-in-law
3. What is the next destination on Dick's trip?
4. What does Dick tell Rosemary when he goes to her hotel room?
(a) He is returning to America.
(b) He is leaving Nicole.
(c) He thinks she is still beautiful.
(d) He can never see her again.
5. Where do Nicole and Tommy have dinner?
(d) Monte Carlo
Short Answer Questions
1. What agreement do Dick and Franz make?
2. How does Nicole behave at the site of the car accident?
3. Where do Dick and Nicole go for Christmas?
4. Why does Beth rouse Clay from his drunken sleep?
5. Where do Dick and Nicole go with Tommy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of Dick's feelings for the Italians and French?
2. What are Nicole's perceptions of Dick in Book 3, Chapter 7?
3. What is the Diver family's situation after Dick sells his portion of the clinic?
4. How does money become a factor in Dick and Nicole's marriage and affect Dick's self esteem?
5. What is the perception of homosexuality during this time?
6. What does Abe North's death represent for Dick?
7. How does Nicole manage to get the best of all the worlds she wants?
8. What is the tragic event that occurs while Dick is in Innsbruck?
9. What does Tommy tell Nicole when they begin flirting with each other?
10. How is Dick's marriage to Nicole compared to a patient's case?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)