|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dick help in this situation?
(a) He tries to protect the people he loves.
(b) He needs to teach his son a lesson.
(c) He needs to keep up a good public image.
(d) He sees it as an opportunity to do something good.
2. Where is Dick going now?
3. Into what arrangement does Dick enter with Franz?
(a) To invest in a golf course
(b) To buy Beth's mother's house
(c) To open a clinic together
(d) To provide free care to Nicole
4. Where does Nicole's sister think that Nicole should live?
(c) New York
5. How many children do Dick and Nicole have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends a disturbing letter to Nicole?
2. Who visits Nicole when Dick goes to Provence?
3. Why does Dick want to change hotels?
4. Why does Beth rouse Clay from his drunken sleep?
5. What is Dick given for his pain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the opinions that Franz and his wife have of the Divers.
2. What is the state of the Divers' marriage by the end of Book 3, Chapter 11?
3. Why does Dick get upset at Beth's manipulations?
4. Describe the situation in which Dick falls into deeper emotional debt to Nicole's family.
5. What are Nicole's perceptions of Dick in Book 3, Chapter 7?
6. How is Dick's marriage to Nicole compared to a patient's case?
7. What is the state of Dick's alcoholism at this point?
8. What is so surprising about Dick going to the aid of their friend, Mary North?
9. What is the irony of the Divers intent to ask about other people's happiness?
10. How is Dick's self-esteem diminished in his work?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)