|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Dick give to Nicole for how he sustained his injuries?
(a) Helping a drunk friend in Rome
(b) Falling down some steps
(c) A minor car accident
(d) Falling on ice
2. Who does Nicole consider taking as a lover?
3. Who does Dick see on the boat ride back to Europe?
(a) Albert and Violet McKisco
(b) Luis Campion
(c) Rosemary Hoyt
(d) Abe North
4. How does Dick think about his time with Rosemary?
(a) It is leading to something serious.
(b) It is the best time he has ever had.
(c) It makes him feel guilty.
(d) It is just for fun.
5. Where does Nicole's sister think that Nicole should live?
(d) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franz' wife say is the only reason Dick married Nicole?
2. Where do Nicole and Tommy have dinner?
3. Where does Rosemary take Dick the next day?
4. Into what arrangement does Dick enter with Franz?
5. Who is Dick and Nicole's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dick realize about his relationship with Nicole after being with Rosemary?
2. Describe the situation in which Dick falls into deeper emotional debt to Nicole's family.
3. What is the irony of the Divers intent to ask about other people's happiness?
4. Explain the opinions that Franz and his wife have of the Divers.
5. What happens to make Dick deal with his feelings for Nicole?
6. What metaphor does Dick use to describe England?
7. How does Dick view his and Franz' differences as psychiatrists?
8. What does Tommy tell Nicole when they begin flirting with each other?
9. What are Nicole's perceptions of Tommy in Book 3, Chapter 6?
10. How does Nicole manage to get the best of all the worlds she wants?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)