|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What burgeoning problem does Dick realize he has?
2. Who does Dick see on the boat ride back to Europe?
(a) Abe North
(b) Rosemary Hoyt
(c) Albert and Violet McKisco
(d) Luis Campion
3. What does Franz' wife say is the only reason Dick married Nicole?
(a) For her money
(b) For her family name
(c) To control her
(d) To rescue her
4. Where do Dick and Nicole go with Tommy?
(a) A cafe
(b) A museum
(c) A marina
(d) A lawyer
5. What happens in spite of Beth's misgivings?
(a) Nicole returns to America.
(b) Nicole marries Dick.
(c) Nicole checks out of the sanitarium.
(d) Nicole finds another psychologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dick and Nicole go for dinner?
2. Where do Dick and Nicole go for Christmas?
3. Where do Nicole and Tommy take a drive?
4. Who accompanies Dick to a cabaret?
5. Who calls Dick in the middle of the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to make Dick deal with his feelings for Nicole?
2. What does Tommy tell Nicole when they begin flirting with each other?
3. What are Nicole's perceptions of Dick in Book 3, Chapter 7?
4. How does Dick behave counter to his feelings about Nicole?
5. What does Abe North's death represent for Dick?
6. How does Dick's profession get in the way of his marriage?
7. What happens to Dick and Rosemary's relationship while in Naples?
8. Why does Dick get upset at Beth's manipulations?
9. What is the state of Dick's alcoholism at this point?
10. What is the symbolism of Dick's feelings for the Italians and French?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)