|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rosemary take Dick the next day?
(a) To her film set
(b) To a casino
(c) To a museum
(d) To the country
2. What is the next destination on Dick's trip?
3. Why has Dick taken this trip?
(a) To find himself
(b) To attend a conference
(c) To buy real estate
(d) To buy furniture
4. What is Dick given for his pain?
5. What does Dick find in his hotel room the next day?
(a) Fresh towels
(b) A train ticket
(c) Two notes
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what arrangement does Dick enter with Franz?
2. How does Dick think about his time with Rosemary?
3. How does Nicole spend money?
4. Who does Nicole consider taking as a lover?
5. Where do Dick and Nicole go with Tommy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nicole's family's wealth further complicate Dick's life?
2. How does Dick behave counter to his feelings about Nicole?
3. What is the symbolism of Dick's feelings for the Italians and French?
4. What is so surprising about Dick going to the aid of their friend, Mary North?
5. How is Dick's marriage to Nicole compared to a patient's case?
6. What does Tommy tell Nicole when they begin flirting with each other?
7. Why does Dick get upset at Beth's manipulations?
8. Describe the situation in which Dick falls into deeper emotional debt to Nicole's family.
9. What are Nicole's perceptions of Tommy in Book 3, Chapter 6?
10. How does Dick begin to fall out of love with Nicole?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)