|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings up the topic of their dysfunctional marriage?
2. Why does Dick help in this situation?
(a) He sees it as an opportunity to do something good.
(b) He tries to protect the people he loves.
(c) He needs to teach his son a lesson.
(d) He needs to keep up a good public image.
3. Where do Dick and Nicole go for Christmas?
(a) The Bahamas
(b) Swiss Alps
(c) The Riviera
(d) Italian Alps
4. Why does Dick return to America?
(a) To attend a college reunion
(b) To buy real estate
(c) To attend his father's funeral
(d) To buy a new wardrobe for Nicole
5. Who does Dick fire at Villa Diana?
(a) Augustine, the cook
(b) Mariane, the maid
(c) Gustave, the chauffeur
(d) Bertrand, the gardener
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dick realize about Rosemary the next day?
2. What makes Dick feel trapped in his marriage?
3. What does Nicole do with a letter from Tommy?
4. What city does Dick associate with the demise of his relationship with Rosemary?
5. Why does Beth rouse Clay from his drunken sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the situation in which Dick falls into deeper emotional debt to Nicole's family.
2. What are Nicole's perceptions of Dick in Book 3, Chapter 7?
3. How does Dick's profession get in the way of his marriage?
4. How is Dick's self-esteem diminished in his work?
5. How does money become a factor in Dick and Nicole's marriage and affect Dick's self esteem?
6. Explain the opinions that Franz and his wife have of the Divers.
7. What does Dick realize about his relationship with Nicole after being with Rosemary?
8. How does Dick encounter Rosemary again?
9. What is the state of Dick's alcoholism at this point?
10. What is the Diver family's situation after Dick sells his portion of the clinic?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)