|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over whose honor is the altercation to take place?
(a) Rosemary's mother
(d) Mrs. McKisco
2. Who is Rosemary's former boyfriend at Yale?
(a) James Binford
(b) Collis Clay
(c) Preston Hughes
(d) Dick Diver
3. What chills Dick about Rosemary's kiss?
(a) The innocence of the kiss
(b) The tears in Rosemary's eyes
(c) The thought of Nicole
(d) The passion of the kiss
4. What does Dick host that evening?
(a) A Bastille Day party
(b) A block party
(c) A going away party for the Norths
(d) A party for Rosemary
5. What does Rosemary tell Dick in the taxi?
(a) She is adopted.
(b) She loves Nicole and him.
(c) She hates her mother.
(d) She wants to go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dick do when he realizes Rosemary is not at the studio?
2. What is the occupation of the answer to #3?
3. What is the red-haired girl holding on the train?
4. Who approaches Abe to see if he will speak to Jules Peterson?
5. What does Dick reveal to Rosemary at the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rosemary perceive the Divers during dinner?
2. Describe the setting for the opening of the novel.
3. Explain the technique of flashback used in Chapter 26.
4. What is the nature of Nicole's mental illness which is mistakenly identified as schizophrenia?
5. How does Dick realize that Nicole is mentally unstable?
6. What can be determined about Rosemary's personality from her demeanor at the beach?
7. What is Rosemary's response when Dick will not comply with her request to make love?
8. What are Mr. McKisco's concerns after he agrees to a duel with Tommy Barban?
9. What differences does Rosemary note in her spending habits and Nicole's?
10. What is the symbolism of the sun coming out when Dick kisses Rosemary?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)