Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who approaches Abe to see if he will speak to Jules Peterson?
(a) The chasseur
2. Who does Abe ask for help for Jules?
3. Where does the group go after lunch?
(a) Franco-American Films
(b) Saint Tropez
(d) Monte Carlo
4. Who are the first guests to arrive at Dick's party?
(a) Rosemary and her mother
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Abe North
(c) Mr. and Mrs. McKisco
(d) Earl Brady and Campion
5. Who is the police sergeant looking for when he comes to Nicole's room?
(b) Abe North
(d) Early Brady
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the red-haired girl holding on the train?
2. What does Nicole want to play for Dick?
3. Which character leaves for war the next day?
4. Why does Abe ask if Jules is allowed in the bar?
5. What does Nicole do when the group returns to Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abe North's death represent for Dick?
2. What is the nature of Nicole's mental illness which is mistakenly identified as schizophrenia?
3. What is so surprising about Dick going to the aid of their friend, Mary North?
4. What do Rosemary's thoughts reveal about how she was raised by her mother?
5. Why does Dick get upset at Beth's manipulations?
6. Explain the discrimination incident in Chapter 23.
7. Describe the setting for the opening of the novel.
8. What does Dick reveal about his relationship with Nicole to Dr. Franz Gregorovius?
9. How does the duel turn into an entertainment event?
10. What are Nicole's perceptions of Dick in Book 3, Chapter 7?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)