|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosemary reveal to Dick when they are alone?
(a) Nicole has been seeing another man.
(b) She had fallen in love with him the moment she had seen him.
(c) She wishes her mother would return to America.
(d) Her mother is suffering from schizophrenia.
2. Over whose honor is the altercation to take place?
(b) Mrs. McKisco
(d) Rosemary's mother
3. What is the name of the daughter in the opening passage?
(a) Rose Marie
4. Where does Dick go after lunch with Clay?
(a) To his hotel
(b) To the sea
(c) To the casino
(d) To Rosemary's studio
5. From where did Dick receive a medical degree?
(a) Yale University
(b) Johns Hopkins University
(c) Harvard University
(d) Columbia University
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Rosemary fall in love?
2. At what age had Dick arrived in Zurich?
3. What jewelry does Nicole Driver always wear?
4. What does Nicole sew for Dick?
5. Who does Rosemary meet as he carries a tent and beach umbrella?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abe's drinking allow him to insult Nicole at the train station?
2. What is Rosemary's response when Dick will not comply with her request to make love?
3. Explain the discrimination incident in Chapter 23.
4. Describe the setting for the opening of the novel.
5. How does Rosemary continue to compare herself to Nicole?
6. What does Dick reveal about his relationship with Nicole to Dr. Franz Gregorovius?
7. Why does Rosemary not have fun at the party after she analyzes the evening?
8. What lesson does Rosemary learn when Dick again rebuffs her advances?
9. Describe the burgeoning romance between Dick and Nicole.
10. Explain Mrs. Elsie Speers' devotion to her daughter, Rosemary.
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)