|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dick do without Nicole's consent?
(a) Buys a new car
(b) Changes their hotel reservation
(c) Arranges a dinner party
(d) Buys a new wardrobe
2. What does Abe say is the best thing to have?
(a) custom suits
(c) Napoleonic brandy
(d) good cigars
3. What do Rosemary and Nicole do together that afternoon?
(a) Go to lunch
4. What is the nature of Jules Peterson's business?
(a) Real estate investing
(b) Clothing retailer
(c) Shoe polish manufacturing
(d) Investment banking
5. What jewelry does Nicole Driver always wear?
(a) Diamond tennis bracelet
(b) Pearl necklace
(c) Diamond earrings
(d) Sapphire engagement ring
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of the opening passage?
2. What is the red-haired girl holding on the train?
3. On what topic does Dick engage McKisco to make McKisco feel superior?
4. Where does Rosemary say is the only place she can get any privacy?
5. What does Rosemary discover when she returns to her room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can be determined about Rosemary's personality from her demeanor at the beach?
2. What does Dick reveal about his relationship with Nicole to Dr. Franz Gregorovius?
3. How does Rosemary perceive the Divers during dinner?
4. Explain the discrimination incident in Chapter 23.
5. How can Rosemary tell that the Divers and their friends are wealthy?
6. How does Rosemary equate Nicole to her mother?
7. How does Rosemary continue to compare herself to Nicole?
8. What are the effects of Dick's habit of giving compliments to Rosemary?
9. What is the symbolism of the sun coming out when Dick kisses Rosemary?
10. What is Rosemary's response when Dick will not comply with her request to make love?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)