|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chills Dick about Rosemary's kiss?
(a) The tears in Rosemary's eyes
(b) The passion of the kiss
(c) The innocence of the kiss
(d) The thought of Nicole
2. What does Mr. McKisco swallow before the altercation?
(a) Sleeping pills
(d) Sparkling water
3. Abe tells Nicole that he was tired of _______________________.
(a) his wife
(b) taking the train
(c) Dick and Nicole
4. What does the answer to #31 take with him to the event?
(a) A jacket
(b) A movie camera
(d) A doctor
5. On what topic does Dick engage McKisco to make McKisco feel superior?
(a) Pro football
(b) Seducing women
(c) Stocks and bonds
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Dick sign to a note for Maria?
2. What does Dick consider to be his experience level with women?
3. What is the date of the opening passage?
4. What is the tradition between Dick and Nicole?
5. What does Dick realize after talking to Clay Collis about Rosemary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Mr. McKisco's concerns after he agrees to a duel with Tommy Barban?
2. Explain Mrs. Elsie Speers' devotion to her daughter, Rosemary.
3. Why does Rosemary feel jealous for the first time in her life?
4. How can Rosemary tell that the Divers and their friends are wealthy?
5. What psychological protective mechanisms are put in place for Nicole?
6. Explain the technique of flashback used in Chapter 26.
7. Describe the situation where Dick comforts the American girl looking for her brother's grave.
8. How does Abe's drinking allow him to insult Nicole at the train station?
9. What lesson does Rosemary learn when Dick again rebuffs her advances?
10. Describe the setting for the opening of the novel.
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)