|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What jewelry does Nicole Driver always wear?
(a) Pearl necklace
(b) Sapphire engagement ring
(c) Diamond earrings
(d) Diamond tennis bracelet
2. Who shows up at the train station to bid Abe goodbye?
3. With whom does Rosemary fall in love?
(a) Abe North
(b) Dick Diver
4. Who accompanies Nicole when she meets with Dick?
(a) Franz Gregorovius
(b) Dr. Dohmler
(c) The Senora
(d) Mr. Warren
5. Who does Rosemary think is one of the most beautiful people she has ever seen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dick claims that he is the only American to possess any __________.
2. Why does Abe ask if Jules is allowed in the bar?
3. Who are the first guests to arrive at Dick's party?
4. Why does Rosemary invite Dick into her room?
5. How old was Nicole when her mother died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can Rosemary tell that the Divers and their friends are wealthy?
2. Why does Rosemary feel jealous for the first time in her life?
3. What lesson does Rosemary learn when Dick again rebuffs her advances?
4. Explain the discrimination incident in Chapter 23.
5. What is the nature of Nicole's mental illness which is mistakenly identified as schizophrenia?
6. What do Rosemary's thoughts reveal about how she was raised by her mother?
7. How does Rosemary continue to compare herself to Nicole?
8. Describe the burgeoning romance between Dick and Nicole.
9. What psychological protective mechanisms are put in place for Nicole?
10. What can be determined about Rosemary's personality from her demeanor at the beach?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)