|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dick give to Rosemary?
(a) Directions to Paris
(c) Directions to her hotel
2. Who had been a patient of the answer to #79?
3. Who are the exploiters?
(a) High-stakes gamblers
(b) Fund raisers
(c) Sober, serious people
(d) Dick's country club crowd
4. What does Nicole tell Rosemary that is Abe North's problem?
5. What does Nicole do when the group returns to Paris?
(a) Invites everyone to dinner
(b) Buys drinks for everyone
(c) Goes to the hotel
(d) Suggests she and Dick go dancing
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosemary do at the Newfoundland memorial?
2. What is the nature of Jules Peterson's business?
3. What does Abe say is the best thing to have?
4. What number does Rosemary think is the limit for a good party?
5. What is the red-haired girl holding on the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the discrimination incident in Chapter 23.
2. Describe the setting for the opening of the novel.
3. What differences does Rosemary note in her spending habits and Nicole's?
4. How does Abe's drinking allow him to insult Nicole at the train station?
5. What are the effects of Dick's habit of giving compliments to Rosemary?
6. Explain Mrs. Elsie Speers' devotion to her daughter, Rosemary.
7. What does Dick reveal about his relationship with Nicole to Dr. Franz Gregorovius?
8. What is the symbolism of the sun coming out when Dick kisses Rosemary?
9. What is the nature of Nicole's mental illness which is mistakenly identified as schizophrenia?
10. How can Rosemary tell that the Divers and their friends are wealthy?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)