|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rosemary's former boyfriend at Yale?
(a) James Binford
(b) Collis Clay
(c) Dick Diver
(d) Preston Hughes
2. What do Rosemary and Nicole do together that afternoon?
(d) Go to lunch
3. What is the date of the opening passage?
(a) June, 1925
(b) July 1925
(c) January 1945
(d) June, 1945
4. How old is Nicole when she is in Dr. Dohmler's clinic?
5. Who does Rosemary go with to witness the answer to #28?
(b) Dic Diver
(c) Earl Brady
(d) Her mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dick realize about his feelings for Rosemary?
2. Why does Rosemary think her wild party wasn't fun?
3. What does Nicole do when the group returns to Paris?
4. Everyone agrees that at 18, ____________________.
5. Who does Rosemary overhear declaring their love and passion for each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting for the opening of the novel.
2. What do Rosemary's thoughts reveal about how she was raised by her mother?
3. What lesson does Rosemary learn when Dick again rebuffs her advances?
4. What does Dick reveal about his relationship with Nicole to Dr. Franz Gregorovius?
5. What is the symbolism of the sun coming out when Dick kisses Rosemary?
6. How does Rosemary equate Nicole to her mother?
7. What are the effects of Dick's habit of giving compliments to Rosemary?
8. Describe the burgeoning romance between Dick and Nicole.
9. How can you tell that Dick's mind is addled by Rosemary?
10. How does Rosemary perceive the Divers during dinner?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)