|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what illness is Nicole diagnosed?
2. What does Nicole read on the train returning to Paris?
(a) Vogue magazine
(b) Romance novel
(d) War books
3. From where did Dick receive a medical degree?
(a) Yale University
(b) Johns Hopkins University
(c) Columbia University
(d) Harvard University
4. Who shows up at the train station to bid Abe goodbye?
5. What does Nicole give to Rosemary's mother?
(a) A pearl bracelet
(b) The name of her hair stylist
(c) A recipe for Chicken Marsala
(d) A yellow evening bag
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosemary think of back at her hotel?
2. Why does Dick take charge of the situation in Rosemary's room?
3. How old was Nicole when her mother died?
4. Over whose honor is the altercation to take place?
5. What jewelry does Nicole Driver always wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can be determined about Rosemary's personality from her demeanor at the beach?
2. Describe the burgeoning romance between Dick and Nicole.
3. How is Dick able to ascertain that Nicole is upset about his continuing attention toward Rosemary?
4. How can you tell that Dick's mind is addled by Rosemary?
5. Explain the technique of flashback used in Chapter 26.
6. Describe the setting for the opening of the novel.
7. How does Dick realize that Nicole is mentally unstable?
8. What is Rosemary's response when Dick will not comply with her request to make love?
9. Why does Rosemary's view of the Mediterranean change after she meets with film director Earl Brady?
10. Why does Rosemary feel jealous for the first time in her life?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)