|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dick realize about his feelings for Rosemary?
(a) He has reached a turning point in his life.
(b) He had better get Rosemary out of his life.
(c) He will spend more time with Nicole.
(d) He will focus more attention on Rosemary.
2. What does Abe say is the best thing to have?
(a) Napoleonic brandy
(c) good cigars
(d) custom suits
3. What do Dick and Nicole plan for this evening?
(a) Dinner and a concert
(b) Dinner and drinks
(c) Dinner and a movie
(d) Dinner and a play
4. What number does Rosemary think is the limit for a good party?
5. What does Rosemary tell her mother at lunch?
(a) She has lost her diamond earrings.
(b) She wants to stay another week at the hotel.
(c) She wants to check out of the hotel early.
(d) She had fallen in love at the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dick reveal to Rosemary at the hotel?
2. Where does the group go after lunch?
3. What name does Dick sign to a note for Maria?
4. Who is Nicole's father?
5. Who accompanies Nicole when she meets with Dick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the discrimination incident in Chapter 23.
2. Describe the burgeoning romance between Dick and Nicole.
3. What is the symbolism of the sun coming out when Dick kisses Rosemary?
4. How does Abe's drinking allow him to insult Nicole at the train station?
5. Why does Rosemary not have fun at the party after she analyzes the evening?
6. What differences does Rosemary note in her spending habits and Nicole's?
7. What do Rosemary's thoughts reveal about how she was raised by her mother?
8. Describe the situation where Dick comforts the American girl looking for her brother's grave.
9. How is Dick able to ascertain that Nicole is upset about his continuing attention toward Rosemary?
10. What are the effects of Dick's habit of giving compliments to Rosemary?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)