|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abe spend the day doing?
(a) Playing tennis
(c) Playing golf
2. From where did Dick receive a medical degree?
(a) Yale University
(b) Columbia University
(c) Johns Hopkins University
(d) Harvard University
3. Who is the pathologist that Dick visits in Zurich?
(a) Franz Gregorovius
(b) Sigmund Freud
(c) Carl Jung
(d) Albert Einstein
4. Over whose honor is the altercation to take place?
(a) Mrs. McKisco
(c) Rosemary's mother
5. Who does Rosemary overhear declaring their love and passion for each other?
(a) Dick and Nicole
(b) Mr. and Mrs. North
(c) Nicole and Early Brady
(d) Mr. and Mrs. McKisco
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rosemary jealous of for the first time in her life?
2. What is the occupation of the answer to #3?
3. Who does Rosemary think is one of the most beautiful people she has ever seen?
4. What name does Dick sign to a note for Maria?
5. What does Rosemary discover when she returns to her room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abe's drinking allow him to insult Nicole at the train station?
2. Explain Mrs. Elsie Speers' devotion to her daughter, Rosemary.
3. Describe the situation where Dick comforts the American girl looking for her brother's grave.
4. What are the effects of Dick's habit of giving compliments to Rosemary?
5. What does Fitzgerald mean when he says this about Dick: "he opened the gate to his amusing world. So long as they subscribed to it completely, their happiness was his preoccupation, but at the first flicker of doubt as to its all-inclusiveness he evaporated before their eyes, leaving little communicable memory of what he had said or done."
6. What is Rosemary's response when Dick will not comply with her request to make love?
7. How does Rosemary equate Nicole to her mother?
8. What lesson does Rosemary learn when Dick again rebuffs her advances?
9. What does Dick reveal about his relationship with Nicole to Dr. Franz Gregorovius?
10. How does Rosemary continue to compare herself to Nicole?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)