|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rosemary find sobbing on the terrace of the hotel?
(a) Abe North
(b) Earl Brady
(c) Dick Driver
(d) Luis Campion
2. What number does Rosemary think is the limit for a good party?
3. What is the date of the opening passage?
(a) January 1945
(b) July 1925
(c) June, 1945
(d) June, 1925
4. In what city does Rosemary go to the drug store?
(c) Saint Tropez
5. Why does Abe ask if Jules is allowed in the bar?
(a) Jules is not appropriately dressed.
(b) Jules is a black man.
(c) Jules is underage.
(d) Jules has had too much to drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the police sergeant looking for when he comes to Nicole's room?
2. What name does Dick sign to a note for Maria?
3. What does Nicole sew for Dick?
4. What is the red-haired girl holding on the train?
5. With whom does Rosemary fall in love?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the discrimination incident in Chapter 23.
2. What lesson does Rosemary learn when Dick again rebuffs her advances?
3. What do Rosemary's thoughts reveal about how she was raised by her mother?
4. How can you tell that Dick's mind is addled by Rosemary?
5. What differences does Rosemary note in her spending habits and Nicole's?
6. What psychological protective mechanisms are put in place for Nicole?
7. Explain the technique of flashback used in Chapter 26.
8. Describe the burgeoning romance between Dick and Nicole.
9. What are the effects of Dick's habit of giving compliments to Rosemary?
10. Describe the setting for the opening of the novel.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)