|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Everyone agrees that at 18, ____________________.
(a) everything matters
(b) everything is larger than life
(c) life is just beginning
(d) nothing matters
2. From where did Dick receive a medical degree?
(a) Columbia University
(b) Johns Hopkins University
(c) Yale University
(d) Harvard University
3. What does Dick do without Nicole's consent?
(a) Arranges a dinner party
(b) Buys a new car
(c) Buys a new wardrobe
(d) Changes their hotel reservation
4. What do Rosemary and Nicole do together that afternoon?
(b) Go to lunch
5. Dick claims that he is the only American to possess any __________.
(b) sapphire cuff links
(d) Napoleonic brandy
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rosemary say is the only place she can get any privacy?
2. Who does Rosemary promise to stay with at the party?
3. What does Nicole sew for Dick?
4. What does Abe spend the day doing?
5. What does Nicole give to Rosemary's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the sun coming out when Dick kisses Rosemary?
2. Describe the setting for the opening of the novel.
3. What does Dick reveal about his relationship with Nicole to Dr. Franz Gregorovius?
4. What can be determined about Rosemary's personality from her demeanor at the beach?
5. Why does Rosemary not have fun at the party after she analyzes the evening?
6. Describe the burgeoning romance between Dick and Nicole.
7. How does Rosemary equate Nicole to her mother?
8. What is Rosemary's response when Dick will not comply with her request to make love?
9. What differences does Rosemary note in her spending habits and Nicole's?
10. What are Mr. McKisco's concerns after he agrees to a duel with Tommy Barban?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)