|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character leaves for war the next day?
(a) Earl Brady
(b) Tommy Barban
(c) Dick Diver
2. What number does Rosemary think is the limit for a good party?
3. Who is Rosemary jealous of for the first time in her life?
(a) Her mother
(b) Mrs. North
(c) Her best friend
4. Who are the exploiters?
(a) High-stakes gamblers
(b) Dick's country club crowd
(c) Sober, serious people
(d) Fund raisers
5. What does Dick realize after talking to Clay Collis about Rosemary?
(a) Clay is in love with Rosemary.
(b) Rosemary is in love with Dick.
(c) Dick is in love with Rosemary.
(d) Rosemary is in love with Clay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rosemary meet to discuss a movie?
2. What name does Dick sign to a note for Maria?
3. Where does Dick go after lunch with Clay?
4. Who accompanies Nicole when she meets with Dick?
5. What is the red-haired girl holding on the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. What psychological protective mechanisms are put in place for Nicole?
2. How does Abe's drinking allow him to insult Nicole at the train station?
3. Describe the burgeoning romance between Dick and Nicole.
4. How does Dick realize that Nicole is mentally unstable?
5. What is the nature of Nicole's mental illness which is mistakenly identified as schizophrenia?
6. How does Rosemary perceive the Divers during dinner?
7. What is the symbolism of the sun coming out when Dick kisses Rosemary?
8. Describe the situation where Dick comforts the American girl looking for her brother's grave.
9. Explain the technique of flashback used in Chapter 26.
10. What differences does Rosemary note in her spending habits and Nicole's?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)