|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did Dick receive a medical degree?
(a) Columbia University
(b) Johns Hopkins University
(c) Yale University
(d) Harvard University
2. Over whose honor is the altercation to take place?
(b) Mrs. McKisco
(d) Rosemary's mother
3. What does Nicole give to Rosemary's mother?
(a) A yellow evening bag
(b) A pearl bracelet
(c) The name of her hair stylist
(d) A recipe for Chicken Marsala
4. Who are the exploiters?
(a) High-stakes gamblers
(b) Fund raisers
(c) Sober, serious people
(d) Dick's country club crowd
5. What does Abe spend the day doing?
(a) Playing tennis
(c) Playing golf
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. McKisco swallow before the altercation?
2. What does Rosemary reveal to Dick when they are alone?
3. What number does Rosemary think is the limit for a good party?
4. What do Rosemary and Nicole do together that afternoon?
5. How did Dick avoid going to war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rosemary not have fun at the party after she analyzes the evening?
2. What is the nature of Nicole's mental illness which is mistakenly identified as schizophrenia?
3. How does the duel turn into an entertainment event?
4. How can Rosemary tell that the Divers and their friends are wealthy?
5. What is Rosemary's response when Dick will not comply with her request to make love?
6. Describe the burgeoning romance between Dick and Nicole.
7. Explain Mrs. Elsie Speers' devotion to her daughter, Rosemary.
8. Explain the technique of flashback used in Chapter 26.
9. How does Rosemary equate Nicole to her mother?
10. What differences does Rosemary note in her spending habits and Nicole's?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)