|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dick's special quality?
(a) He can cook gourmet dishes.
(b) He can make everyone feel special and loved.
(c) He can juggle.
(d) He is a master storyteller.
2. Who is Rosemary jealous of for the first time in her life?
(a) Mrs. North
(c) Her best friend
(d) Her mother
3. Who had been a patient of the answer to #79?
4. What does Nicole read on the train returning to Paris?
(a) War books
(b) Romance novel
(d) Vogue magazine
5. What does Nicole do when the group returns to Paris?
(a) Goes to the hotel
(b) Suggests she and Dick go dancing
(c) Buys drinks for everyone
(d) Invites everyone to dinner
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nature of Jules Peterson's business?
2. What does Nicole give to Rosemary's mother?
3. What do Dick and Rosemary do in the taxi?
4. What transpires between Dick and the answer to #80?
5. What is the occupation of the answer to #3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can be determined about Rosemary's personality from her demeanor at the beach?
2. What are Mr. McKisco's concerns after he agrees to a duel with Tommy Barban?
3. How can you tell that Dick's mind is addled by Rosemary?
4. Why does Rosemary feel jealous for the first time in her life?
5. How does Rosemary continue to compare herself to Nicole?
6. Explain the technique of flashback used in Chapter 26.
7. What lesson does Rosemary learn when Dick again rebuffs her advances?
8. Describe the burgeoning romance between Dick and Nicole.
9. What is the symbolism of the sun coming out when Dick kisses Rosemary?
10. Why does Rosemary not have fun at the party after she analyzes the evening?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)