|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dick tell Franz he is going?
(a) A family vacation to London
(b) A personal trip to Chicago
(c) A psychiatric conference in Berlin
(d) An overdue vacation to Hawaii
2. Why does Dick return to America?
(a) To attend his father's funeral
(b) To attend a college reunion
(c) To buy real estate
(d) To buy a new wardrobe for Nicole
3. Where does Beth go to get some help for the jailed Dick?
(a) The police station
(b) Her lawyer
(c) American Embassy
(d) The mayor
4. Who does Nicole consider taking as a lover?
5. Over what incident do the Divers offend their hostess, Mary North, and leave her home on bad terms?
(a) A candlestick
(b) A finger bowl
(c) A fish fork
(d) A bath
6. What does Nicole say she learned a lot about in the institution?
(a) Language and music
(b) Behaviors and motivations
(c) Discipline and regulations
(d) Flowers and poetry
7. What does Franz suggest for Dick?
(a) A long vacation
(b) A stiff drink
(c) A night on the town
(d) A leave of absence
8. Who is Nicole's sister?
9. What topic is Dick sharing with Elsie Speers?
(a) Investing in stocks and bonds
(b) His travels in Africa
(c) Her need for a psychologist
(d) Skiing in Switzerland
10. Tommy tells Dick that _______________ has been beaten to death at a speakeasy.
(a) Elsie Speers
(b) Dr. Dohmler
(c) Abe North
(d) Luis Campion
11. What is the content of the letter?
(a) Facts about an affair Dick had with Beth
(b) Accusations that Dick seduced a young patient
(c) Notice that Nicole has been cut out of her father's will
(d) Notice that Lanier has been suspended from school
12. What is the nature of the call?
(a) A man has shot himself in Rosemary's hotel room.
(b) Mary North and Lady Caroline need bail money.
(c) Tommy has been in a car accident.
(d) Lanier has been in a bar fight.
13. What advice does Dick give to Nicole?
(a) Get a second opinion from another psychologist.
(b) Stop wearing such dramatic clothing.
(c) Go back to America, fall in love and have a family.
(d) Stay at the institution for another year.
14. Who is with Nicole when Dick sees her in a cable car?
(a) Mr. Warren
(b) Franz Gregorovius
(c) Conte de Marmora
(d) Dr. Dohmler
15. Where do Nicole and Tommy take a drive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franz think about a marriage between Dick and Nicole?
2. Who does Dick see on the boat ride back to Europe?
3. Where do Dick and Nicole go for Christmas?
4. Whose money funded the clinic operated by Franz and Dick?
5. What news does Dick receive via telegram?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)