|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tommy tells Dick that _______________ has been beaten to death at a speakeasy.
(a) Luis Campion
(b) Abe North
(c) Elsie Speers
(d) Dr. Dohmler
2. What does Nicole sense about Dick's feelings for her?
(a) He ignores her most of the time.
(b) He is increasingly indifferent toward her.
(c) He has renewed interest in her mental health.
(d) He is more amorous than ever before.
3. How does Nicole spend money?
(b) Not at all
4. What happens in spite of Beth's misgivings?
(a) Nicole checks out of the sanitarium.
(b) Nicole finds another psychologist.
(c) Nicole returns to America.
(d) Nicole marries Dick.
5. Who is Franz' wife?
6. Where is Dick's father's church?
7. Who is with Nicole when Dick sees her in a cable car?
(a) Conte de Marmora
(b) Dr. Dohmler
(c) Mr. Warren
(d) Franz Gregorovius
8. What is the content of the letter?
(a) Facts about an affair Dick had with Beth
(b) Accusations that Dick seduced a young patient
(c) Notice that Nicole has been cut out of her father's will
(d) Notice that Lanier has been suspended from school
9. Where does Rosemary take Dick the next day?
(a) To the country
(b) To a casino
(c) To her film set
(d) To a museum
10. Where does Nicole's sister think that Nicole should live?
(a) New York
11. Why does Dick want to change hotels?
(a) He wants to be closer to the airport.
(b) He would not have to see Nicole.
(c) He wants a hotel with a pool.
(d) He does not like his room.
12. Where is Dick going now?
13. Where does Dick next see Rosemary?
14. Who visits Nicole when Dick goes to Provence?
15. What does Dick realize about Rosemary the next day?
(a) They are not in love.
(b) They cannot see each other again.
(c) He cannot compete with her other men.
(d) They are wild about each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franz think about a marriage between Dick and Nicole?
2. What city does Dick associate with the demise of his relationship with Rosemary?
3. What is the next destination on Dick's trip?
4. What does Beth ask Dick about a property of her mother's?
5. What is the condition of the answer to #149 which is exacerbated by drinking?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)