|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dick want to change hotels?
(a) He wants a hotel with a pool.
(b) He wants to be closer to the airport.
(c) He would not have to see Nicole.
(d) He does not like his room.
2. Where is Dick going now?
3. What does Dick realize about Rosemary the next day?
(a) They cannot see each other again.
(b) They are not in love.
(c) They are wild about each other.
(d) He cannot compete with her other men.
4. Why does Dick tell Nicole that men look at her?
(a) Her lips
(b) Her long hair
(c) Her elaborate clothing
(d) Her voice
5. What news does Dick receive via telegram?
(a) Nicole is sick again.
(b) Lanier has been expelled.
(c) His father has died.
(d) Rosemary has had a car accident.
6. Why does Dick return to America?
(a) To attend a college reunion
(b) To attend his father's funeral
(c) To buy real estate
(d) To buy a new wardrobe for Nicole
7. Who do Nicole and Beth see Dick talking to on the beach?
(d) Mary North
8. Why does Nicole tell Dick that he couldn't fall in love with her?
(a) She is in love with Mamora.
(b) She is going back to America.
(c) He is too old for her.
(d) He never gave her a chance.
9. What does Nicole sense about Dick's feelings for her?
(a) He ignores her most of the time.
(b) He is increasingly indifferent toward her.
(c) He has renewed interest in her mental health.
(d) He is more amorous than ever before.
10. Where do Dick and Nicole go with Tommy?
(a) A marina
(b) A cafe
(c) A lawyer
(d) A museum
11. What explanation does Dick give to Nicole for how he sustained his injuries?
(a) Helping a drunk friend in Rome
(b) A minor car accident
(c) Falling down some steps
(d) Falling on ice
12. What does Elsie share with Dick?
(a) She has had shock treatments.
(b) She had an abortion a few years ago.
(c) Rosemary is her adopted daughter.
(d) Her daughter, Rosemary, is in love with him.
13. Who calls Dick in the middle of the night?
(b) A police officer
14. What is the condition of the answer to #149 which is exacerbated by drinking?
(c) Bipolar disease
15. Where do Dick and Nicole go for Christmas?
(a) The Riviera
(b) Italian Alps
(c) Swiss Alps
(d) The Bahamas
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dick help in this situation?
2. Where does Dick work on his book?
3. Dick returns to ______________ to live with his family.
4. Whose money funded the clinic operated by Franz and Dick?
5. What musical instrument does Dick play?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)