|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Dohmler think about Dick's relationship with Nicole?
(a) He thinks Dick is the best thing that ever happened to Nicole.
(b) He thinks Nicole could find a more suitable match than Dick.
(c) He thinks Dick and Nicole should marry right away.
(d) He thinks they should no longer see each other.
2. What topic is Dick sharing with Elsie Speers?
(a) Skiing in Switzerland
(b) Her need for a psychologist
(c) His travels in Africa
(d) Investing in stocks and bonds
3. Where does Dick actually go?
4. What is the nature of the call?
(a) A man has shot himself in Rosemary's hotel room.
(b) Tommy has been in a car accident.
(c) Lanier has been in a bar fight.
(d) Mary North and Lady Caroline need bail money.
5. Who sends a disturbing letter to Nicole?
(a) Lanier's teacher
(b) Nicole's father
(c) The mother of one of Dick's patients
(d) Nicole's sister
6. What happens in spite of Beth's misgivings?
(a) Nicole checks out of the sanitarium.
(b) Nicole returns to America.
(c) Nicole finds another psychologist.
(d) Nicole marries Dick.
7. What is Dick given for his pain?
8. What do both Dick and Nicole realize now?
(a) Their marriage is truly over.
(b) They never really loved each other.
(c) They want to rekindle their love.
(d) They want to separate for awhile.
9. Who accompanies Dick to a cabaret?
(a) Abe North
(b) Clay Collis
(c) Luis Campion
(d) Mr. McKisco
10. Who is Nicole's sister?
11. What does Tommy tell Nicole?
(a) She is the most beautiful woman he has ever known.
(b) She is the most dramatic person he has ever known.
(c) She is the wealthiest person he has ever known.
(d) She is the funniest person he has ever known.
12. Where does Nicole's sister think that Nicole should live?
(b) New York
13. What agreement do Dick and Franz make?
(a) They will explore hypnosis as treatment.
(b) Dick will leave the clinic.
(c) They will increase their patient count.
(d) They will shut down the clinic.
14. What does Franz think about a marriage between Dick and Nicole?
(a) It should not take place until Dick's career is better established.
(b) It should not take place until Nicole is better.
(c) It would last forever.
(d) It would be doomed to fail.
15. What musical instrument does Dick play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dick arrive home without the car?
2. What does Dick realize about Rosemary the next day?
3. Where does Rosemary take Dick the next day?
4. How does Nicole behave at the site of the car accident?
5. Nicole refers to herself as _____________________.
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)