|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elsie share with Dick?
(a) Rosemary is her adopted daughter.
(b) Her daughter, Rosemary, is in love with him.
(c) She has had shock treatments.
(d) She had an abortion a few years ago.
2. How does Nicole behave at the site of the car accident?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She laughs hysterically.
(c) She calls for an ambulance.
(d) She breaks down in sobs.
3. What does Franz suggest for Dick?
(a) A night on the town
(b) A stiff drink
(c) A leave of absence
(d) A long vacation
4. Who visits Nicole when Dick goes to Provence?
5. What old acquaintance does Dick run into at a cafe?
(a) Tommy Barban
(b) Abe North
(c) Mr. Warren
(d) Earl Brady
6. Into what arrangement does Dick enter with Franz?
(a) To buy Beth's mother's house
(b) To invest in a golf course
(c) To provide free care to Nicole
(d) To open a clinic together
7. Why does Nicole tell Dick that he couldn't fall in love with her?
(a) She is going back to America.
(b) He is too old for her.
(c) He never gave her a chance.
(d) She is in love with Mamora.
8. What city does Dick associate with the demise of his relationship with Rosemary?
9. What burgeoning problem does Dick realize he has?
10. Where do Dick and Nicole go for Christmas?
(a) Italian Alps
(b) The Riviera
(c) Swiss Alps
(d) The Bahamas
11. Where is Dick going now?
12. Where do Nicole and Tommy take a drive?
13. Who calls Dick in the middle of the night?
(b) A police officer
14. Why does Beth rouse Clay from his drunken sleep?
(a) To take her out dancing
(b) To sit with Dick at the jail
(c) To have a few more drinks
(d) To chastise him for his behavior
15. Where do Nicole and Tommy have dinner?
(b) Monte Carlo
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Dick give to Nicole?
2. Over what incident do the Divers offend their hostess, Mary North, and leave her home on bad terms?
3. What does Nicole consider to be her security blanket?
4. What do both Dick and Nicole realize now?
5. What is the next destination on Dick's trip?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)