|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nature of the call?
(a) A man has shot himself in Rosemary's hotel room.
(b) Mary North and Lady Caroline need bail money.
(c) Lanier has been in a bar fight.
(d) Tommy has been in a car accident.
2. Where does Dick work on his book?
(a) Villa Nova
(b) Villa Maria
(c) Villa Diana
(d) Villa Viega
3. Why does Beth rouse Clay from his drunken sleep?
(a) To have a few more drinks
(b) To sit with Dick at the jail
(c) To chastise him for his behavior
(d) To take her out dancing
4. Where does Dick tell Franz he is going?
(a) An overdue vacation to Hawaii
(b) A family vacation to London
(c) A psychiatric conference in Berlin
(d) A personal trip to Chicago
5. What topic is Dick sharing with Elsie Speers?
(a) Her need for a psychologist
(b) Skiing in Switzerland
(c) His travels in Africa
(d) Investing in stocks and bonds
6. Who accompanies Dick to a cabaret?
(a) Clay Collis
(b) Abe North
(c) Luis Campion
(d) Mr. McKisco
7. Where does Dick actually go?
8. Tommy tells Dick that _______________ has been beaten to death at a speakeasy.
(a) Abe North
(b) Dr. Dohmler
(c) Elsie Speers
(d) Luis Campion
9. Why does Dick want to change hotels?
(a) He wants a hotel with a pool.
(b) He would not have to see Nicole.
(c) He does not like his room.
(d) He wants to be closer to the airport.
10. What does Franz' wife say is the only reason Dick married Nicole?
(a) To rescue her
(b) For her family name
(c) For her money
(d) To control her
11. Where is Dick going now?
12. Where do Dick and Nicole go for Christmas?
(a) Italian Alps
(b) The Riviera
(c) Swiss Alps
(d) The Bahamas
13. Whose money funded the clinic operated by Franz and Dick?
14. Why does Nicole tell Dick that he couldn't fall in love with her?
(a) He is too old for her.
(b) She is going back to America.
(c) He never gave her a chance.
(d) She is in love with Mamora.
15. Where does Dick next see Rosemary?
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument does Dick play?
2. What explanation does Dick give to Nicole for how he sustained his injuries?
3. What does Dick realize about Rosemary the next day?
4. Where do Dick and Nicole go for dinner?
5. What is the content of the letter?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)