|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dick observes that the English still feel suspicious of the Swiss because of ____________________________.
(a) their watchmaking skills
(b) their chocolate-making skills
(c) their association with the Germans
(d) their ski resorts
2. What does Nicole do with a letter from Tommy?
(a) Gives it to Dick
(b) Puts it in her desk drawer
(c) Presses it in her diary
(d) Throws it away
3. What does Nicole sense about Dick's feelings for her?
(a) He ignores her most of the time.
(b) He is increasingly indifferent toward her.
(c) He has renewed interest in her mental health.
(d) He is more amorous than ever before.
4. Who is Dick and Nicole's son?
5. Who do Nicole and Beth see Dick talking to on the beach?
(c) Mary North
6. Where do Nicole and Tommy have dinner?
(c) Monte Carlo
7. Why has Dick taken this trip?
(a) To buy real estate
(b) To attend a conference
(c) To buy furniture
(d) To find himself
8. What treatment does Dick not approve of for patients?
(a) Shock treatments
9. Who are Dick and Nicole's children?
(a) Lanford and Terry
(b) Lance and Tippy
(c) Lanier and Topsy
(d) Lawrence and Toby
10. What agreement do Dick and Franz make?
(a) Dick will leave the clinic.
(b) They will explore hypnosis as treatment.
(c) They will shut down the clinic.
(d) They will increase their patient count.
11. Who does Dick see on the boat ride back to Europe?
(a) Abe North
(b) Rosemary Hoyt
(c) Luis Campion
(d) Albert and Violet McKisco
12. What is the content of the letter?
(a) Notice that Nicole has been cut out of her father's will
(b) Accusations that Dick seduced a young patient
(c) Facts about an affair Dick had with Beth
(d) Notice that Lanier has been suspended from school
13. Who does Dick treat in Lausanne?
14. Who is Nicole's sister?
15. What does Franz think about a marriage between Dick and Nicole?
(a) It would be doomed to fail.
(b) It would last forever.
(c) It should not take place until Dick's career is better established.
(d) It should not take place until Nicole is better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dick taken to a police station?
2. Why does Dick return to America?
3. What topic is Dick sharing with Elsie Speers?
4. Where do Dick and Beth have tea?
5. Where do Dick and Nicole go for dinner?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)