|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Nicole when Dick sees her in a cable car?
(a) Dr. Dohmler
(b) Conte de Marmora
(c) Franz Gregorovius
(d) Mr. Warren
2. Why does Dick want to change hotels?
(a) He would not have to see Nicole.
(b) He wants a hotel with a pool.
(c) He does not like his room.
(d) He wants to be closer to the airport.
3. Where do Dick and Nicole go for Christmas?
(a) The Riviera
(b) Swiss Alps
(c) Italian Alps
(d) The Bahamas
4. Who does Dick treat in Lausanne?
5. Who does Dick see on the boat ride back to Europe?
(a) Luis Campion
(b) Abe North
(c) Albert and Violet McKisco
(d) Rosemary Hoyt
6. What is Dick given for his pain?
7. Dick observes that the English still feel suspicious of the Swiss because of ____________________________.
(a) their chocolate-making skills
(b) their ski resorts
(c) their watchmaking skills
(d) their association with the Germans
8. What does Dick resent about Beth?
(a) Her cold rich insolence
(b) Her arrogance
(c) Her interference
(d) Her sense of humor
9. Who are Dick and Nicole's children?
(a) Lanford and Terry
(b) Lanier and Topsy
(c) Lance and Tippy
(d) Lawrence and Toby
10. Why does Dick help in this situation?
(a) He needs to keep up a good public image.
(b) He sees it as an opportunity to do something good.
(c) He needs to teach his son a lesson.
(d) He tries to protect the people he loves.
11. What news does Dick receive via telegram?
(a) Nicole is sick again.
(b) Rosemary has had a car accident.
(c) Lanier has been expelled.
(d) His father has died.
12. Why does Beth rouse Clay from his drunken sleep?
(a) To sit with Dick at the jail
(b) To take her out dancing
(c) To chastise him for his behavior
(d) To have a few more drinks
13. What does Beth ask Dick about a property of her mother's?
(a) If he knows a good realtor
(b) If he wants to buy the property
(c) How to invest Nicole's share of the money
(d) If he and Nicole would like to live there
14. Why does Dick return to America?
(a) To attend his father's funeral
(b) To buy real estate
(c) To buy a new wardrobe for Nicole
(d) To attend a college reunion
15. What does Nicole consider to be her security blanket?
(a) Her money
(b) Her sister
(c) Her children
(d) Dick's love
Short Answer Questions
1. What old acquaintance does Dick run into at a cafe?
2. Who brings up the topic of their dysfunctional marriage?
3. What happens after Dick and Rosemary finish lunch?
4. What is the condition of the answer to #149 which is exacerbated by drinking?
5. Who accompanies Dick to a cabaret?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)