|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicole sense about Dick's feelings for her?
(a) He is more amorous than ever before.
(b) He has renewed interest in her mental health.
(c) He is increasingly indifferent toward her.
(d) He ignores her most of the time.
2. What treatment does Dick not approve of for patients?
(b) Shock treatments
3. What is the condition of the answer to #149 which is exacerbated by drinking?
(b) Bipolar disease
4. What does Tommy tell Nicole?
(a) She is the most dramatic person he has ever known.
(b) She is the wealthiest person he has ever known.
(c) She is the funniest person he has ever known.
(d) She is the most beautiful woman he has ever known.
5. Why does Beth rouse Clay from his drunken sleep?
(a) To take her out dancing
(b) To sit with Dick at the jail
(c) To chastise him for his behavior
(d) To have a few more drinks
6. What happens after Dick and Rosemary finish lunch?
(a) They go sightseeing.
(b) They take a drive to the country.
(c) They go to the beach.
(d) They make love in her hotel room.
7. How many children do Dick and Nicole have?
8. How does Dick think about his time with Rosemary?
(a) It is the best time he has ever had.
(b) It makes him feel guilty.
(c) It is just for fun.
(d) It is leading to something serious.
9. Where do Nicole and Tommy take a drive?
10. Who is Franz' wife?
11. Where do Dick and Nicole go to get haircuts together?
(a) The barbershop
(b) The modeling agency
(c) The hotel barber
(d) The beauty salon
12. Where does Beth go to get some help for the jailed Dick?
(a) The mayor
(b) Her lawyer
(c) The police station
(d) American Embassy
13. What is the content of the letter?
(a) Accusations that Dick seduced a young patient
(b) Facts about an affair Dick had with Beth
(c) Notice that Lanier has been suspended from school
(d) Notice that Nicole has been cut out of her father's will
14. What burgeoning problem does Dick realize he has?
15. Why does Nicole tell Dick that he couldn't fall in love with her?
(a) He never gave her a chance.
(b) She is going back to America.
(c) She is in love with Mamora.
(d) He is too old for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what arrangement does Dick enter with Franz?
2. What news does Dick receive via telegram?
3. What is Dick given for his pain?
4. Who is with Nicole when Dick sees her in a cable car?
5. Where is Dick going now?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)