|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nature of the call?
(a) Lanier has been in a bar fight.
(b) Mary North and Lady Caroline need bail money.
(c) A man has shot himself in Rosemary's hotel room.
(d) Tommy has been in a car accident.
2. What burgeoning problem does Dick realize he has?
3. Where does Dick actually go?
4. Where do Nicole and Tommy take a drive?
5. Tommy tells Dick that he always treats Nicole ______________________________.
(a) as a child
(b) as a whore
(c) as a porcelain doll
(d) as a patient because she was once sick
6. Who does Nicole consider taking as a lover?
7. Why does Dick want to change hotels?
(a) He wants to be closer to the airport.
(b) He does not like his room.
(c) He wants a hotel with a pool.
(d) He would not have to see Nicole.
8. What does Elsie share with Dick?
(a) She has had shock treatments.
(b) She had an abortion a few years ago.
(c) Her daughter, Rosemary, is in love with him.
(d) Rosemary is her adopted daughter.
9. Who does Dick treat in Lausanne?
10. Who does Dick see on the boat ride back to Europe?
(a) Abe North
(b) Rosemary Hoyt
(c) Albert and Violet McKisco
(d) Luis Campion
11. Where does Rosemary take Dick the next day?
(a) To a casino
(b) To the country
(c) To a museum
(d) To her film set
12. Who calls Dick in the middle of the night?
(b) A police officer
13. Who are Dick and Nicole's children?
(a) Lance and Tippy
(b) Lawrence and Toby
(c) Lanford and Terry
(d) Lanier and Topsy
14. Dick observes that the English still feel suspicious of the Swiss because of ____________________________.
(a) their watchmaking skills
(b) their ski resorts
(c) their association with the Germans
(d) their chocolate-making skills
15. What topic is Dick sharing with Elsie Speers?
(a) His travels in Africa
(b) Her need for a psychologist
(c) Investing in stocks and bonds
(d) Skiing in Switzerland
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nicole tell Dick that he couldn't fall in love with her?
2. Why has Dick taken this trip?
3. Why does Beth rouse Clay from his drunken sleep?
4. Where do Dick and Beth have tea?
5. Where do Dick and Nicole go for dinner?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)