|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dick realize about Rosemary the next day?
(a) They cannot see each other again.
(b) They are not in love.
(c) He cannot compete with her other men.
(d) They are wild about each other.
2. What does Dick find in his hotel room the next day?
(b) Fresh towels
(c) Two notes
(d) A train ticket
3. Where does Dick next see Rosemary?
4. Where does Nicole's sister think that Nicole should live?
(c) New York
5. What is the content of the letter?
(a) Notice that Nicole has been cut out of her father's will
(b) Notice that Lanier has been suspended from school
(c) Accusations that Dick seduced a young patient
(d) Facts about an affair Dick had with Beth
6. Why does Dick return to America?
(a) To buy real estate
(b) To attend his father's funeral
(c) To buy a new wardrobe for Nicole
(d) To attend a college reunion
7. What happens after Dick and Rosemary finish lunch?
(a) They make love in her hotel room.
(b) They take a drive to the country.
(c) They go sightseeing.
(d) They go to the beach.
8. Where do Nicole and Tommy take a drive?
9. What topic is Dick sharing with Elsie Speers?
(a) Skiing in Switzerland
(b) Her need for a psychologist
(c) Investing in stocks and bonds
(d) His travels in Africa
10. Who calls Dick in the middle of the night?
(a) A police officer
11. Where do Dick and Nicole go for dinner?
(a) Saint Tropez
12. What does Beth ask Dick about a property of her mother's?
(a) If he and Nicole would like to live there
(b) If he knows a good realtor
(c) If he wants to buy the property
(d) How to invest Nicole's share of the money
13. Who accompanies Dick to a cabaret?
(a) Mr. McKisco
(b) Abe North
(c) Luis Campion
(d) Clay Collis
14. What advice does Dick give to Nicole?
(a) Stop wearing such dramatic clothing.
(b) Stay at the institution for another year.
(c) Get a second opinion from another psychologist.
(d) Go back to America, fall in love and have a family.
15. Who sends a disturbing letter to Nicole?
(a) The mother of one of Dick's patients
(b) Lanier's teacher
(c) Nicole's sister
(d) Nicole's father
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicole say she learned a lot about in the institution?
2. How does Nicole behave at the site of the car accident?
3. Who does Dick run into while in Naples?
4. Who brings up the topic of their dysfunctional marriage?
5. Who do Nicole and Beth see Dick talking to on the beach?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)