|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dick return to America?
(a) To attend a college reunion
(b) To buy a new wardrobe for Nicole
(c) To buy real estate
(d) To attend his father's funeral
2. Tommy tells Dick that he always treats Nicole ______________________________.
(a) as a child
(b) as a porcelain doll
(c) as a whore
(d) as a patient because she was once sick
3. Who visits Nicole when Dick goes to Provence?
4. Why is Dick taken to a police station?
(a) He beat up Rosemary.
(b) He got in a fight with a taxi driver.
(c) He ran out on his hotel bill.
(d) He assaulted a police officer.
5. How does Nicole spend money?
(b) Not at all
6. What burgeoning problem does Dick realize he has?
7. What is the condition of the answer to #149 which is exacerbated by drinking?
(c) Bipolar disease
8. Who are Dick and Nicole's children?
(a) Lanier and Topsy
(b) Lawrence and Toby
(c) Lance and Tippy
(d) Lanford and Terry
9. Where does Dick actually go?
10. What happens after Dick and Rosemary finish lunch?
(a) They go to the beach.
(b) They take a drive to the country.
(c) They go sightseeing.
(d) They make love in her hotel room.
11. Why has Dick taken this trip?
(a) To buy furniture
(b) To buy real estate
(c) To attend a conference
(d) To find himself
12. What happens in spite of Beth's misgivings?
(a) Nicole finds another psychologist.
(b) Nicole returns to America.
(c) Nicole marries Dick.
(d) Nicole checks out of the sanitarium.
13. Dick observes that the English still feel suspicious of the Swiss because of ____________________________.
(a) their ski resorts
(b) their association with the Germans
(c) their chocolate-making skills
(d) their watchmaking skills
14. Where does Beth go to get some help for the jailed Dick?
(a) The police station
(b) The mayor
(c) Her lawyer
(d) American Embassy
15. What news does Dick receive via telegram?
(a) Nicole is sick again.
(b) Rosemary has had a car accident.
(c) His father has died.
(d) Lanier has been expelled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What treatment does Dick not approve of for patients?
2. What does Franz suggest for Dick?
3. What does Dick find in his hotel room the next day?
4. Where do Dick and Beth have tea?
5. What is the nature of the call?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)