|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elsie share with Dick?
(a) She had an abortion a few years ago.
(b) She has had shock treatments.
(c) Rosemary is her adopted daughter.
(d) Her daughter, Rosemary, is in love with him.
2. Where do Dick and Beth have tea?
3. What old acquaintance does Dick run into at a cafe?
(a) Earl Brady
(b) Tommy Barban
(c) Mr. Warren
(d) Abe North
4. Who brings up the topic of their dysfunctional marriage?
5. What treatment does Dick not approve of for patients?
(b) Shock treatments
6. Who does Dick run into while in Naples?
7. What is the condition of the answer to #149 which is exacerbated by drinking?
(d) Bipolar disease
8. Where does Nicole's sister think that Nicole should live?
(b) New York
9. With whom does Dick spend his last days on the Riviera?
(c) His children
10. Who does Dick fire at Villa Diana?
(a) Bertrand, the gardener
(b) Augustine, the cook
(c) Gustave, the chauffeur
(d) Mariane, the maid
11. What do both Dick and Nicole realize now?
(a) Their marriage is truly over.
(b) They want to separate for awhile.
(c) They never really loved each other.
(d) They want to rekindle their love.
12. What agreement do Dick and Franz make?
(a) Dick will leave the clinic.
(b) They will explore hypnosis as treatment.
(c) They will increase their patient count.
(d) They will shut down the clinic.
13. Over what incident do the Divers offend their hostess, Mary North, and leave her home on bad terms?
(a) A candlestick
(b) A bath
(c) A finger bowl
(d) A fish fork
14. How does Dick think about his time with Rosemary?
(a) It is just for fun.
(b) It makes him feel guilty.
(c) It is leading to something serious.
(d) It is the best time he has ever had.
15. Where does Rosemary take Dick the next day?
(a) To a casino
(b) To her film set
(c) To a museum
(d) To the country
Short Answer Questions
1. Dick returns to ______________ to live with his family.
2. What does Franz think about a marriage between Dick and Nicole?
3. Into what arrangement does Dick enter with Franz?
4. Why does Dick help in this situation?
5. How many children do Dick and Nicole have?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)