|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dick given for his pain?
2. What does Dick resent about Beth?
(a) Her sense of humor
(b) Her arrogance
(c) Her interference
(d) Her cold rich insolence
3. Who is Franz' wife?
4. What musical instrument does Dick play?
5. Why has Dick taken this trip?
(a) To buy furniture
(b) To attend a conference
(c) To buy real estate
(d) To find himself
6. What does Dick realize about Rosemary the next day?
(a) They are wild about each other.
(b) They cannot see each other again.
(c) They are not in love.
(d) He cannot compete with her other men.
7. What is the condition of the answer to #149 which is exacerbated by drinking?
(a) Bipolar disease
8. Who brings up the topic of their dysfunctional marriage?
9. What treatment does Dick not approve of for patients?
(a) Shock treatments
10. How does Nicole behave at the site of the car accident?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She breaks down in sobs.
(c) She calls for an ambulance.
(d) She laughs hysterically.
11. What does Franz suggest for Dick?
(a) A night on the town
(b) A leave of absence
(c) A long vacation
(d) A stiff drink
12. What happens after Dick and Rosemary finish lunch?
(a) They make love in her hotel room.
(b) They go sightseeing.
(c) They go to the beach.
(d) They take a drive to the country.
13. Where does Rosemary take Dick the next day?
(a) To the country
(b) To her film set
(c) To a casino
(d) To a museum
14. What is the content of the letter?
(a) Accusations that Dick seduced a young patient
(b) Facts about an affair Dick had with Beth
(c) Notice that Nicole has been cut out of her father's will
(d) Notice that Lanier has been suspended from school
15. Why does Dick tell Nicole that men look at her?
(a) Her elaborate clothing
(b) Her long hair
(c) Her voice
(d) Her lips
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Dick feel trapped in his marriage?
2. Who visits Nicole when Dick goes to Provence?
3. Whose money funded the clinic operated by Franz and Dick?
4. What does Dick tell Rosemary when he goes to her hotel room?
5. Where does Beth go to get some help for the jailed Dick?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)