|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dick do when he realizes Rosemary is not at the studio?
(a) He leaves a message for her.
(b) He phones her.
(c) He hangs around waiting for her.
(d) He returns to his hotel.
2. What does Dick consider to be his experience level with women?
(a) Very little
3. What does Rosemary tell Dick in the taxi?
(a) She loves Nicole and him.
(b) She is adopted.
(c) She wants to go home.
(d) She hates her mother.
4. What does Rosemary do at the Newfoundland memorial?
(a) Signs the guest book
(b) Bows her head
(c) Bursts into tears
(d) Leaves flowers
5. What is Dick's special quality?
(a) He can juggle.
(b) He can make everyone feel special and loved.
(c) He can cook gourmet dishes.
(d) He is a master storyteller.
6. What does Rosemary tell her mother at lunch?
(a) She wants to check out of the hotel early.
(b) She had fallen in love at the beach.
(c) She has lost her diamond earrings.
(d) She wants to stay another week at the hotel.
7. What is the name of the hotel in the book's opening passage?
(a) The Meridien Hotel
(b) The Ritz Carlton
(c) The Four Seasons
(d) Gausse's Hotel des Estrangers
8. How long is Nicole's father required to stay away from her according to Franz Gregorovius?
(a) 1 year
(b) 18 months
(c) 5 years
(d) 2 years
9. What does Dick do without Nicole's consent?
(a) Changes their hotel reservation
(b) Buys a new wardrobe
(c) Arranges a dinner party
(d) Buys a new car
10. Why does Abe ask if Jules is allowed in the bar?
(a) Jules is underage.
(b) Jules is not appropriately dressed.
(c) Jules is a black man.
(d) Jules has had too much to drink.
11. Why does Rosemary invite Dick into her room?
(a) To get his opinion on a script
(b) To show him her jewelry
(c) To show him the view
(d) To make love to him
12. What does Dick host that evening?
(a) A Bastille Day party
(b) A going away party for the Norths
(c) A block party
(d) A party for Rosemary
13. Who does Rosemary promise to stay with at the party?
(b) Dick and Nicole
(c) Mr. and Mrs. North
(d) Earl Brady
14. What jewelry does Nicole Driver always wear?
(a) Pearl necklace
(b) Diamond earrings
(c) Diamond tennis bracelet
(d) Sapphire engagement ring
15. What is the red-haired girl holding on the train?
(a) A puppy
(b) A wreath
(c) A purse
(d) A hat
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dick's professional goal?
2. Why does Dick take charge of the situation in Rosemary's room?
3. Where does the group go after lunch?
4. At what age had Dick arrived in Zurich?
5. Which character leaves for war the next day?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)