Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Book 1, Chapter 1 | Book 1, Chapter 2
1. Describe the setting for the opening of the novel.
2. What can be determined about Rosemary's personality from her demeanor at the beach?
Short Essay Question - Book 1, Chapter 3 | Book 1, Chapter 4
3. Explain Mrs. Elsie Speers' devotion to her daughter, Rosemary.
4. How can Rosemary tell that the Divers and their friends are wealthy?
Short Essay Question - Book 1, Chapter 5 | Book 1, Chapter 6
5. Why does Rosemary's view of the Mediterranean change after...
This section contains 1,126 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)