|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the strong message that Dr. Laura sends out to women throughout this book?
2. It is up to the ____________ every time whether to stay or to go, according to Dr. Laura.
3. What needs to be put in the space left by a relationship that has ended?
4. No one or no influence forces a ___________ to make a bad decision, according to Dr. Laura.
5. Many women use the excuse that any ________ will do in order to stay in a relationship.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some suggestions that Dr. Laura offers to women who have left a bad relationship?
2. What does Dr. Laura say that dependency does NOT offer to a woman or to anyone?
3. Why did Maureen and Kenny, two of Dr. Laura's patients, pick each other in their relationship?
4. In Dr. Laura's experience, why do some women decide to become pregnant in their relationships?
5. How do women feel when their fantasies don't turn out the way they thought they would, according to Dr. Laura?
6. What do women prefer to do instead of being unhappy and expressing their anger with others?
7. What does Dr. Laura say happens when a woman's perspective and self-worth go awry?
8. Dr. Laura says that just because a man says, "I love you" doesn't mean that he is ready for what?
9. What does Dr. Laura say that women do when they get angry about something?
10. Why does Dr. Laura think some parents decide to have children, which she feels is unfortunate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Laura points out that women are looking for the dream when they get into a relationship.
Part 1: How would you describe the dream some women are looking for in their relationships?
Part 2: Why do you think this dream is the ideal for women, but not for men?
Part 3: How do you think the world might change if the ideas of Mr. Right and Prince Charming were forgotten?
Essay Topic 2
Women, according to Dr. Laura, seem to have a number of fantasies which affect their relationships.
Part 1: How do you think fantasies can help in relationships? Or can't they?
Part 2: Why do you think fantasies are a bad thing to Dr. Laura?
Part 3: Do you think that all fantasies about relationships should be abandoned? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Cohabitation seems to be a no-no in Dr. Laura's book of advice.
Part 1: Do you think cohabitation is a good idea before marriage? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you think cohabitation could help a couple before marriage?
Part 3: How do you think cohabitation might hurt a couple before marriage?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)