|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most _______ have a protective instinct that comes with their job.
2. Dr. Laura says that even when women realize they are ___________, they continue doing it.
3. When a woman's ___________ and self worth goes awry, troubles can occur.
4. Being in a relationship is not a free ticket to ____________, according to Dr. Laura.
5. Women need to see that they are ____________ which gives them pleasure.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the issues women have to deal with when dealing with men's terrible behavior?
2. What does Lila's boyfriend not offer her that she wants from him and so she tries to change him?
3. What does Dr. Laura say that dependency does NOT offer to a woman or to anyone?
4. How do women feel when their fantasies don't turn out the way they thought they would, according to Dr. Laura?
5. What does change require in order to occur, according to Dr. Laura in this book and in her calls?
6. What do women need to understand about men and their children, according to Dr. Laura?
7. What do parents erroneously think about their children, according to Dr. Laura?
8. What does Dr. Laura say happens when a woman's perspective and self-worth go awry?
9. What can women do about evil, even though it can not be completely eradicated, according to Dr. Laura?
10. What is the difference between anger and hurt, according to Dr. Laura?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the end, Dr. Laura wants to impress upon women that dependency is never a good thing in a relationship.
Part 1: How might you define the idea of dependency in a relationship?
Part 2: Why do you think dependency causes trouble in a relationship?
Part 3: Do you think women are more vulnerable to being dependent on another than men might be? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Self esteem is the major issue for many women in their relationships, according to Dr. Laura.
Part 1: How do you define self esteem? Bad self esteem? Good self esteem?
Part 2: Why is self esteem important in a romantic relationship?
Part 3: Why do you think self esteem may be harder to maintain in a romantic relationship versus a platonic relationship? Or isn't it?
Essay Topic 3
Cohabitation seems to be a no-no in Dr. Laura's book of advice.
Part 1: Do you think cohabitation is a good idea before marriage? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you think cohabitation could help a couple before marriage?
Part 3: How do you think cohabitation might hurt a couple before marriage?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)