|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If there is nothing _________ to replace the man with, the woman is likely to go right back to him.
2. When a woman's ___________ and self worth goes awry, troubles can occur.
3. Just because a woman feels like a ________ doesn't make her one, according to Dr. Laura.
4. Women need to get out of the __________ position and into a more offensive position in their lives.
5. Being assertive allows a women to be more __________ in choosing relationships to be in.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do women prefer to do instead of being unhappy and expressing their anger with others?
2. What are women paralyzed by that they would sacrifice their own child's well being, according to Dr. Laura?
3. What does Lila's boyfriend not offer her that she wants from him and so she tries to change him?
4. What does a woman's fear of the unknown and of autonomy cause her to do, according to Dr. Laura?
5. Dr. Laura says that just because a man says, "I love you" doesn't mean that he is ready for what?
6. What does Dr. Laura call the typical female response when a woman is asked why she doesn't leave a bad situation?
7. What does Dr. Laura say that dependency does NOT offer to a woman or to anyone?
8. What would women rather do with their feelings of disgust or anger over a man's selfishness, according to Dr. Laura?
9. What are some of the issues women have to deal with when dealing with men's terrible behavior?
10. What does Dr. Laura believe about appropriate parenthood, according to this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Laura begins her book by pointing out the many differences between men and women.
Part 1: Do you think men and women are vastly different from each other? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you agree with the statements Dr. Laura makes about the differences between men and women? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think Dr. Laura could write this book if there weren't differences between men and women? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Women tend to make assumptions about men, as well, according to Dr. Laura.
Part 1: Why do you think women tend to make assumptions about men?
Part 2: Do you think Dr. Laura is making assumptions about men in this book? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think assumptions from men and women in relationships create conflict?
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Laura points out that women tend to believe they will get an identity when they have a partner or become married.
Part 1: How do you think Dr. Laura is defining the idea of identity?
Part 2: Why do you think women feel it's important to have an establish identity?
Part 3: How do you think a women might act in a relationship if she wasn't counting on the relationship for her identity?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)