|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women fear taking ___________, but are miserable when their men do it, a power change that they may not be able to see.
2. __________ occurs in the absence of self-defense, according to Dr. Laura, different from other emotions.
3. Dr. Laura thinks that some women simply have lost their sense of _______ completely.
4. As long as a woman is ________, she does not have to take steps to correct the bad situation, Dr. Laura explains.
5. A woman always holds power over her _____________, so says Dr. Laura.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can the disappointment of crushed fantasies prove to be a great opportunity for personal growth?
2. What are women paralyzed by that they would sacrifice their own child's well being, according to Dr. Laura?
3. In Dr. Laura's experience, why do some women decide to become pregnant in their relationships?
4. What does Dr. Laura say that women do when they get angry about something?
5. What are some of the issues women have to deal with when dealing with men's terrible behavior?
6. What does Dr. Laura say happens when a woman's perspective and self-worth go awry?
7. What does Dr. Laura feel the ultimate sadness in relationships is?
8. What are some suggestions that Dr. Laura offers to women who have left a bad relationship?
9. Why does Dr. Laura think some parents decide to have children, which she feels is unfortunate?
10. What does Dr. Laura say that she finds in women who call into her show who are succumbing to the whims of a man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cohabitation seems to be a no-no in Dr. Laura's book of advice.
Part 1: Do you think cohabitation is a good idea before marriage? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you think cohabitation could help a couple before marriage?
Part 3: How do you think cohabitation might hurt a couple before marriage?
Essay Topic 2
Women seem to stay with men, even though they know they will not commit.
Part 1: Why do women stay with men even though they know they will never commit?
Part 2: Do you think women should force a man to commit? Why or why not?
Part 3: How might a women encourage her partner to consider commitment?
Essay Topic 3
In the end, Dr. Laura wants to impress upon women that dependency is never a good thing in a relationship.
Part 1: How might you define the idea of dependency in a relationship?
Part 2: Why do you think dependency causes trouble in a relationship?
Part 3: Do you think women are more vulnerable to being dependent on another than men might be? Why or why not?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)