|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Laura feels the ultimate _______ is when people refuse to stop trying to get love and approval from others.
2. Dr. Laura says that she knows of women who have put their children at risk with ___________.
3. Dr. Laura believes that wanting to have partner for certain reasons gives women an excuse not to __________.
4. Making babies becomes a way of pretending that everything is __________, according to Dr. Laura.
5. Many women use the excuse that any ________ will do in order to stay in a relationship.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Laura think about women who do not use birth control in their sexual activities?
2. What does Lila's boyfriend not offer her that she wants from him and so she tries to change him?
3. What are some suggestions that Dr. Laura offers to women who have left a bad relationship?
4. What would women rather do with their feelings of disgust or anger over a man's selfishness, according to Dr. Laura?
5. What do women need to do in addition to leaving a relationship when it is bad for them, according to Dr. Laura?
6. What does Dr. Laura say that she finds in women who call into her show who are succumbing to the whims of a man?
7. Why did Maureen and Kenny, two of Dr. Laura's patients, pick each other in their relationship?
8. How do women feel when their fantasies don't turn out the way they thought they would, according to Dr. Laura?
9. What can women do about evil, even though it can not be completely eradicated, according to Dr. Laura?
10. In Dr. Laura's experience, why do some women decide to become pregnant in their relationships?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Women mistake sex for love, according to Dr. Laura, causing a number of problems in their relationships.
Part 1: Why do you think women mistake sex for love?
Part 2: How do you think sex and love can be related?
Part 3: Do you think you can have romantic love without sex? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Cohabitation seems to be a no-no in Dr. Laura's book of advice.
Part 1: Do you think cohabitation is a good idea before marriage? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you think cohabitation could help a couple before marriage?
Part 3: How do you think cohabitation might hurt a couple before marriage?
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Laura points out that things which have been done to women in the past are no excuse for present day bad decisions.
Part 1: How might your past affect the way you make decisions today?
Part 2: Do you think it's possible to ignore your past when you make decisions today? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think women tend to use their past as an excuse to make bad decisions?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)