|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unmarried couples living together typically do not stay together once __________, according to Dr. Laura in the book.
2. Men not complaining about their woes is a ____________ aspect of the male personality, according to Dr. Laura.
3. It is up to a _______ to find her own destiny and to travel her own path, according to Dr. Laura.
4. Women want to depend on a strong ________ figure in their life, according to Dr. Laura's findings.
5. Dr. Laura says that in life it is necessary to take __________ in order to gain personal power.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do women believe about the ways of their partner once they live together according to Dr. Laura?
2. Why do some women continue to have sex too soon, according to Dr. Laura in this book?
3. Why do women fail to talk to men about sex being a sign of a deeper relationship's beginning?
4. Why does Dr. Laura think it's sad that women define themselves through men, according to this book?
5. What do women mistakenly believe, according to Dr. Laura, will happen when they live with their partner?
6. What happens when a woman gets so caught up in the attention she receives from a man?
7. Why does Dr. Laura think the woman's view that a man should provide a woman with a life is unfair?
8. What happens to unmarried couples who live together, according to Dr. Laura in this book?
9. Why do women only bring their dependence on a man into their relationships?
10. What does Dr. Laura have to say about getting married and identity according to this book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Women mistake sex for love, according to Dr. Laura, causing a number of problems in their relationships.
Part 1: Why do you think women mistake sex for love?
Part 2: How do you think sex and love can be related?
Part 3: Do you think you can have romantic love without sex? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Laura seems to believe that women often get into relationships and simply settle for any man.
Part 1: Why do you think some women simply settle on any man for their relationships?
Part 2: Do you think it's right to simply settle for a person within your relationship?
Part 3: Why is settling for someone a negative decision to make in a relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Self esteem is the major issue for many women in their relationships, according to Dr. Laura.
Part 1: How do you define self esteem? Bad self esteem? Good self esteem?
Part 2: Why is self esteem important in a romantic relationship?
Part 3: Why do you think self esteem may be harder to maintain in a romantic relationship versus a platonic relationship? Or isn't it?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)