|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many women believe things will magically _________ once they live together with their partner.
2. After awhile, women realize that sex itself will not sustain _______________, which can come as a surprise.
3. The female caller admits to Dr. Laura that while this man is mean to her, she still _______________.
4. __________ define themselves and their role in the world through men to whom they are linked.
5. Dr. Laura wants her callers to face __________ when she asks them if their boyfriend wants to get married.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the thing Dr. Laura says women mistake sex for in their romantic relationships?
2. Why do women decide to cohabitate, according to Dr. Laura's experience and observations on her show and in her life?
3. Why does Dr. Laura think it's sad that women define themselves through men, according to this book?
4. What is considered the acceptable means of avoiding becoming an individual for a woman?
5. What happens when a woman lives with a man at a young age, according to Dr. Laura?
6. What does Dr. Laura have to tell the callers and the readers about taking risks in life?
7. What happens far too often when women get into relationships with men, according to this book?
8. What is the flaw in women blaming men for sex not turning into love in their relationships according to Dr. Laura?
9. Why do women miss this positive aspect of men's personalities, that is the way they approach problems?
10. What does Dr. Laura credit with causing women to have romantic dreams of how a relationship should be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Laura points out that things which have been done to women in the past are no excuse for present day bad decisions.
Part 1: How might your past affect the way you make decisions today?
Part 2: Do you think it's possible to ignore your past when you make decisions today? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think women tend to use their past as an excuse to make bad decisions?
Essay Topic 2
In the end, Dr. Laura wants to impress upon women that dependency is never a good thing in a relationship.
Part 1: How might you define the idea of dependency in a relationship?
Part 2: Why do you think dependency causes trouble in a relationship?
Part 3: Do you think women are more vulnerable to being dependent on another than men might be? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Laura says that she's found some work believe that any man will do in a relationship, if they want a father figure for their child.
Part 1: Why do you think women feel they need a man to be with them if they have kids?
Part 2: How do you think having a father figure helps a child?
Part 3: Do you think it's better to have a bad father figure or no father figure at all? Why?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)