|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women still hope that the __________ will win out when they move in with their boyfriends.
2. Women sometimes think they are __________ if they are not attached to anyone else.
3. It doesn't even matter what kind of man the women is with, so long as it is _________.
4. Women need to be ___________ when they are dating so they can find a good man, not just any man.
5. Living together does not mean ____________ and it is not necessarily a step in that direction.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do women only bring their dependence on a man into their relationships?
2. What does Dr. Laura say in this book about a man who wants to live with their partner?
3. What is the thing Dr. Laura says women mistake sex for in their romantic relationships?
4. What does Dr. Laura say that women do in order to avoid facing the fact they define themselves exclusively through men?
5. Why do women miss this positive aspect of men's personalities, that is the way they approach problems?
6. What does Dr. Laura credit with causing women to have romantic dreams of how a relationship should be?
7. What does Dr. Laura have to say about getting married and identity according to this book?
8. What do women mistakenly believe, according to Dr. Laura, will happen when they live with their partner?
9. What is the flaw in women blaming men for sex not turning into love in their relationships according to Dr. Laura?
10. What do women need, according to Dr. Laura, in order to stop the cycle of having sex too soon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Women tend to make assumptions about men, as well, according to Dr. Laura.
Part 1: Why do you think women tend to make assumptions about men?
Part 2: Do you think Dr. Laura is making assumptions about men in this book? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think assumptions from men and women in relationships create conflict?
Essay Topic 2
Women seem to stay with men, even though they know they will not commit.
Part 1: Why do women stay with men even though they know they will never commit?
Part 2: Do you think women should force a man to commit? Why or why not?
Part 3: How might a women encourage her partner to consider commitment?
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Laura says that in her experience, women allow themselves to become pregnant.
Part 1: Do you agree with Dr. Laura's idea that women allow themselves to become pregnant? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think women really believe a child will save a relationship? Why or why not?
Part 3: How does a child affect a relationship between a man and a woman?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)