|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dr. Laura, only through ____________ can self esteem truly be earned by a woman.
2. Dr. Laura tries to tell women that they always have ___________, even when it doesn't seem like they do.
3. There is a belief among women than men validate their ___________, which is not true.
4. Dr. Laura notes that whatever has happened in the ______________ may make us who we are today.
5. Dr. Laura points out that women do not gain their _______ through the man they are with.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Laura have to tell the callers and the readers about taking risks in life?
2. What does Dr. Laura have to say about getting married and identity according to this book?
3. What happens when a woman lives with a man at a young age, according to Dr. Laura?
4. What do women believe about the ways of their partner once they live together according to Dr. Laura?
5. What do women need, according to Dr. Laura, in order to stop the cycle of having sex too soon?
6. Why do women miss this positive aspect of men's personalities, that is the way they approach problems?
7. What do women mistakenly believe, according to Dr. Laura, will happen when they live with their partner?
8. What happens when women hold out for a dream within their relationships?
9. What happens when a woman gets so caught up in the attention she receives from a man?
10. What does Dr. Laura say about the past and how it relates to the way a person is in the present moment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Women tend to avoid anger as they don't want to hurt others they talk to.
Part 1: Do you think anger always hurts the other person who is listening to the anger? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you think anger can be expressed without being hurtful?
Part 3: Do you think a person should be worried about another person's reactions to their anger? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Laura says that she's found some work believe that any man will do in a relationship, if they want a father figure for their child.
Part 1: Why do you think women feel they need a man to be with them if they have kids?
Part 2: How do you think having a father figure helps a child?
Part 3: Do you think it's better to have a bad father figure or no father figure at all? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Laura says that in her experience, women allow themselves to become pregnant.
Part 1: Do you agree with Dr. Laura's idea that women allow themselves to become pregnant? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think women really believe a child will save a relationship? Why or why not?
Part 3: How does a child affect a relationship between a man and a woman?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)