|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women hope and assume that sex will lead to __________ when they are with a man, no matter what the man has said.
2. Just because a past may have been difficult does not excuse a woman from making ______________, according to Dr. Laura.
3. There is a belief among women than men validate their ___________, which is not true.
4. It happens far too often that women date _________ and then refuse to leave them, according to Dr. Laura.
5. Women want to depend on a strong ________ figure in their life, according to Dr. Laura's findings.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when a woman lives with a man at a young age, according to Dr. Laura?
2. Why does Dr. Laura think it's sad that women define themselves through men, according to this book?
3. What does Dr. Laura tell the caller who still loves a married man even though he told her he is not leaving his wife?
4. What is the flaw in women blaming men for sex not turning into love in their relationships according to Dr. Laura?
5. What happens far too often when women get into relationships with men, according to this book?
6. What does Dr. Laura have to tell the callers and the readers about taking risks in life?
7. What do women need to do when they realize sex is not going to sustain their relationship according to this book?
8. Why do women only bring their dependence on a man into their relationships?
9. What is considered the acceptable means of avoiding becoming an individual for a woman?
10. What do women need to do when they are dating, according to Dr. Laura in this book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Laura says that she's found some work believe that any man will do in a relationship, if they want a father figure for their child.
Part 1: Why do you think women feel they need a man to be with them if they have kids?
Part 2: How do you think having a father figure helps a child?
Part 3: Do you think it's better to have a bad father figure or no father figure at all? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Laura seems to believe that women often get into relationships and simply settle for any man.
Part 1: Why do you think some women simply settle on any man for their relationships?
Part 2: Do you think it's right to simply settle for a person within your relationship?
Part 3: Why is settling for someone a negative decision to make in a relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Laura begins her book by pointing out the many differences between men and women.
Part 1: Do you think men and women are vastly different from each other? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you agree with the statements Dr. Laura makes about the differences between men and women? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think Dr. Laura could write this book if there weren't differences between men and women? Why or why not?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)