|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Laura tells the female caller that it is through her own __________ that will give her the power to leave the relationship.
2. __________ is also a big factor when it comes to living with a partner, according to Dr. Laura.
3. Dr. Laura continues to see women who refuse to leave a situation they know to be ______________.
4. Women are so wrapped up in their own ___________ to exist through men that they don't see how valuable the actions of men are.
5. When the fantasy fails to occur, women stay anyway and settle ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Laura have to tell the callers and the readers about taking risks in life?
2. Why do women only bring their dependence on a man into their relationships?
3. Why do women fail to talk to men about sex being a sign of a deeper relationship's beginning?
4. What happens when a woman gets so caught up in the attention she receives from a man?
5. What is considered the acceptable means of avoiding becoming an individual for a woman?
6. What do women need, according to Dr. Laura, in order to stop the cycle of having sex too soon?
7. What do women go into a relationship championing, according to Dr. Laura in this book?
8. Why do women decide to cohabitate, according to Dr. Laura's experience and observations on her show and in her life?
9. What happens when women hold out for a dream within their relationships?
10. What is the thing Dr. Laura says women mistake sex for in their romantic relationships?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Laura points out that women are looking for the dream when they get into a relationship.
Part 1: How would you describe the dream some women are looking for in their relationships?
Part 2: Why do you think this dream is the ideal for women, but not for men?
Part 3: How do you think the world might change if the ideas of Mr. Right and Prince Charming were forgotten?
Essay Topic 2
Cohabitation seems to be a no-no in Dr. Laura's book of advice.
Part 1: Do you think cohabitation is a good idea before marriage? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you think cohabitation could help a couple before marriage?
Part 3: How do you think cohabitation might hurt a couple before marriage?
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Laura seems to believe that women often get into relationships and simply settle for any man.
Part 1: Why do you think some women simply settle on any man for their relationships?
Part 2: Do you think it's right to simply settle for a person within your relationship?
Part 3: Why is settling for someone a negative decision to make in a relationship?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)