|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Women continue again and again to hold out for a _____________, no matter that they know better.
(b) Perfect home.
(c) Perfect man.
(d) Fairy tale ending.
2. One of the subheadings in the chapter is that women should beware the ____________ of the world.
(b) Don Juans.
(c) Married men.
(d) Dark men.
3. Women fail to consider whether they are _____________ to the man when they're first dating someone.
4. Dr. Laura points out that it's a woman's low _____________ that causes her to depend on a man.
(a) Bank account.
(b) Life skills.
(c) Self esteem.
(d) Support system.
5. It is the woman's ___________ to talk about what sex might mean to her within a relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women hope and assume that sex will lead to __________ when they are with a man, no matter what the man has said.
2. __________ define themselves and their role in the world through men to whom they are linked.
3. After awhile, women realize that sex itself will not sustain _______________, which can come as a surprise.
4. Women, says Dr. Laura, use a whole arsenal of ___________ to avoid facing certain truths in their lives.
5. In return for a man's supposed responsibilities, a women is then supposed to sacrifice her ____________ to be with him.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do some women continue to have sex too soon, according to Dr. Laura in this book?
2. What happens far too often when women get into relationships with men, according to this book?
3. Why do women only bring their dependence on a man into their relationships?
4. What does Dr. Laura say in this book about a man who wants to live with their partner?
5. What is the flaw in women blaming men for sex not turning into love in their relationships according to Dr. Laura?
6. What happens when a woman gets so caught up in the attention she receives from a man?
7. What does Dr. Laura tell the caller who still loves a married man even though he told her he is not leaving his wife?
8. Why does Dr. Laura think it's sad that women define themselves through men, according to this book?
9. What does Dr. Laura say about the past and how it relates to the way a person is in the present moment?
10. What does Dr. Laura have to tell the callers and the readers about taking risks in life?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)