|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Laura finds that many of the women who called into her show are willing to put their _________ aside for men.
2. Dr. Laura stresses that it is never better for someone to be beaten, terrorized, or violated than to be ___________.
(a) A woman.
(d) A parent.
3. If there is nothing _________ to replace the man with, the woman is likely to go right back to him.
4. As long as a woman is ________, she does not have to take steps to correct the bad situation, Dr. Laura explains.
5. Women fear taking ___________, but are miserable when their men do it, a power change that they may not be able to see.
(a) On more work.
(c) Their children.
(d) Sexual opportunities.
6. The two people needed to recognize what they were doing and accept _________ for it.
7. Dr. Laura does believe that a ___________ needs to accept responsibility for getting a woman pregnant.
8. Some women are even willing to sacrifice their children's __________ in order to not be alone in life.
(b) Well being.
9. Dr. Laura says it is far __________ to rise up against the injustice and demand redress or change.
(a) More damaging.
(b) Less powerful.
(c) Less depressing.
10. Women are paralyzed into fear over ___________ that they make poor decisions, according to Dr. Laura.
11. Dr. Laura says that even when women realize they are ___________, they continue doing it.
(a) Making a mistake.
(b) With the right man.
(c) Ready to go.
12. Children become __________ when their parents aren't happy or functional.
13. Whose needs should be put first according to Dr. Laura's statement in #109?
14. There is never an excuse, according to Dr. Laura, for jeopardizing ____________.
(c) Their career.
(d) Personal space.
15. Women continue to think that men will __________, so they don't see the problem with putting their children into potentially bad situations.
(d) Marry them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Laura sees that children too often get caught in the middle of their parents' __________.
2. What is the strong message that Dr. Laura sends out to women throughout this book?
3. The two people in the couple in #94 picked each other for reasons that stemmed from their ___________.
4. It is up to the ____________ every time whether to stay or to go, according to Dr. Laura.
5. Who is the subject of that protective instinct as answered in #127, according to Dr. Laura?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)