|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A caller says that there is nothing in the world for her when she doesn't have a ____________.
2. Dr. Laura notes that whatever has happened in the ______________ may make us who we are today.
3. Men, on the other hand, want to solve their _____________, not just complain and whine about them.
(a) Car troubles.
(b) Child troubles.
(c) Relationship battles.
4. Women fail to consider whether they are _____________ to the man when they're first dating someone.
5. If a woman brings ____________ to a relationship, but the idea that a man will make her whole, then troubles emerge.
6. It is up to a _______ to find her own destiny and to travel her own path, according to Dr. Laura.
7. Women tend to go into relationships with the idea of a ____________, rather than facing reality.
(a) Being a mother and nothing more.
(c) Chance to be rescued.
(d) Life of luxury.
8. Unmarried couples living together typically do not stay together once __________, according to Dr. Laura in the book.
(c) Real life begins.
(d) In the same home.
9. The female _________________ is considered the acceptable means of avoiding individuality.
(a) Baby machine.
(b) Marriage contract.
(c) Name change.
(d) Escape route.
10. In return for a man's supposed responsibilities, a women is then supposed to sacrifice her ____________ to be with him.
11. The female caller admits to Dr. Laura that while this man is mean to her, she still _______________.
(a) Loves him.
(b) Believes he can change.
(c) Wants to bear his children.
(d) Has no doubt of their love.
12. If women cannot find a good support system ______________, then they will seek it out with men.
(a) With friends.
(b) Growing up.
(c) With themselves.
(d) In their family today.
13. __________ define themselves and their role in the world through men to whom they are linked.
14. After awhile, women realize that sex itself will not sustain _______________, which can come as a surprise.
(a) Their happiness.
(b) A relationship.
(c) A life.
15. When women are riddled with ____________, this can affect the relationships they desire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women want to depend on a strong ________ figure in their life, according to Dr. Laura's findings.
2. Dr. Laura makes the statement that women often mistake _________ for love in their relationships.
3. History is not __________, according to Dr. Laura, and should not be used as an excuse or explanation.
4. ___________ hold off on marriage in order to have a career and independence, something Dr. Laura says is a good idea.
5. Getting _____________ does not grant one an identity, Dr. Laura points out to her callers and readers.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)