|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If the notion of self esteem isn't rectified quickly, then a woman can feel alone and ____________.
(d) Filled with self pit.
2. The man the female caller tells Dr. Laura about says that he has no intention of ________________.
(a) Being nicer.
(b) Saying "I love you."
(c) Leaving his wife.
(d) Leaving his career.
3. Women are still too afraid in these situations to look beyond their ______________.
4. Women seem to be choosing to live with their partners more often when they are ___________.
5. ___________ hold off on marriage in order to have a career and independence, something Dr. Laura says is a good idea.
6. Even when women know their men will never want to ____________, they stay anyway.
(b) Have children.
(c) Love them.
(d) Support them.
7. Many women use romantic ____________ to snare a man so they will not have to be alone.
8. One of the subheadings in the chapter is that women should beware the ____________ of the world.
(a) Dark men.
(b) Don Juans.
(c) Married men.
9. Dr. Laura points out that it's a woman's low _____________ that causes her to depend on a man.
(a) Life skills.
(b) Support system.
(c) Bank account.
(d) Self esteem.
10. Sometimes, women even feel ______ that they might be persuading the man to want more than they really do.
11. Dr. Laura wants her callers to face __________ when she asks them if their boyfriend wants to get married.
(a) The possibility.
(b) Their current moment.
(c) Her honesty.
12. Just because a past may have been difficult does not excuse a woman from making ______________, according to Dr. Laura.
(a) A new life.
(b) Bad decisions.
(c) A new identity.
13. Dr. Laura makes the statement that women often mistake _________ for love in their relationships.
14. __________ is also a big factor when it comes to living with a partner, according to Dr. Laura.
15. As a result of women having certain expectations, they are ____________ when they see things don't quite work out that way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unmarried couples living together typically do not stay together once __________, according to Dr. Laura in the book.
2. Dr. Laura points out that women do not gain their _______ through the man they are with.
3. It doesn't even matter what kind of man the women is with, so long as it is _________.
4. In return for a man's supposed responsibilities, a women is then supposed to sacrifice her ____________ to be with him.
5. Women tend to go into relationships with the idea of a ____________, rather than facing reality.
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)