Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie want William to do instead of catch his plane?
2. What does the taxi driver say when passengers ask him if he's East Coast or West Coast?
3. Who is Estelle's son engaged to when he meets the woman he eventually marries?
4. What did the taxi driver in "Flight Patterns" do for a living in his birth country?
5. What feminist book does Estelle make her son read?
Compare and contrast the way white people think about Indians and interact with them in "Search Engine," "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above," and "What You Pawn I Will Redeem." Give examples from the stories to illustrate your conclusions.
Compare and contrast any three of the following male characters from the short stories in Ten Little Indians: Harlan Atwater, Richard, the unnamed man in "Can I Get a Witness," the father in "Do Not Go Gentle," William, David, Jackson and Frank Snake Church. Include a discussion of how they are each assimilated into mainstream American culture and how they are affected by Native American culture. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Do you think Sharon in "Do You Know Where I Am" ever truly forgives David for his lies about the lost cat? Why or why not? Cite at least three examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)