Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie want William to do instead of catch his plane?
2. What does the taxi driver say when passengers ask him if he's East Coast or West Coast?
3. Who is Estelle's son engaged to when he meets the woman he eventually marries?
4. What did the taxi driver in "Flight Patterns" do for a living in his birth country?
5. What feminist book does Estelle make her son read?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss symbolism and metaphor in Ten Little Indians. Give three examples of symbolism in the short stories in this collection and discuss what the symbols are used to convey.
Essay Topic 2
Death is a theme or plot element in numerous stories in Sherman Alexie's Ten Little Indians. Compare and contrast the handling of the subject of death and grief in any three stories from the collection. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Grief and depression are themes in "Can I Get a Witness," "Do Not Go Gentle," and "What Ever Happened to Frank Snake Church?" Discuss how these themes are handled in each story and how each character copes with emotional pain. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)