|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackson buy with twenty of his last twenty-five dollars?
2. What does Sharon's confession initially make David want to do to her?
3. What identifies the regalia in the pawnshop window as the property of the person to whom Jackson thinks it once belonged?
4. What did the taxi driver in "Flight Patterns" do for a living in his birth country?
5. How much money does Jackson win at the lottery?
Essay Topic 1
Ceremony is an important aspect of Native American spirituality. Discuss the role of ceremony in "Do Not Go Gentle," "What You Pawn I Will Redeem," and "Whatever Happened to Frank Snake Church?" Give examples of ceremony in each story and discuss its influence on the characters and theme. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the relationship of Sharon and David in "Do You Know Where I Am" with the relationship of William and Marie in "Flight Patterns" and the relationship of the unnamed parents in "Do Not Go Gentle." Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Sherman Alexie uses foreshadowing throughout Ten Little Indians. Give at least three examples of foreshadowing from the short stories in this collection and discuss how foreshadowing is used in each example to indicate events to come later in the story.
This section contains 1,321 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)