|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do David and Sharon find a lost cat?
(a) In Sharon's college dorm.
(b) In some blackberry bushes.
(c) In a dumpster.
(d) In an alley.
2. For what physical feature is Estelle's son known?
(a) His full lips.
(b) His long hair.
(c) His long eyelashes.
(d) His cleft chin.
3. What does Jackson buy with twenty of his last twenty-five dollars?
(a) Food for some hungry and homeless Aleut Indians.
(b) A hotel room.
(d) A shave and haircut.
4. What does David's mother do for a living?
(a) She's a corporate attorney.
(b) She's an actress.
(c) She's a seamstress.
(d) She's a dentist.
5. What does Jackson try to sell to earn money to redeem the pow-wow regalia from the pawnshop?
(c) His blood.
(d) His shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the taxi driver study at Oxford?
2. What happens to Sharon when she and David are sixty-six years old?
3. What does Sharon give David for his fortieth birthday?
4. Which of the following statements is not marital advice Estelle gives her son?
5. How much does the pawnshop owner tell Jackson it will cost to redeem the regalia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Jackson is so eager to redeem his grandmother's powwow regalia?
2. Why does Estelle's son say he doesn't know what an Indian is supposed to be?
3. Describe Jackson's relationship with Officer Williams in "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem."
4. Describe what Sharon and David do with their children on the day Sharon confesses her infidelity and what it indicates about Sharon and David's relationship.
5. What are the similarities between Fekadu and William in "Flight Patterns"?
6. What factors do you think contribute to and help perpetuate Jackson's homelessness in "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem"?
7. Why does Estelle Walks Above change her name?
8. What is Real Change and how is it involved in Jackson's quest for his grandmother's regalia?
9. Describe Estelle's relationship with her son in "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above."
10. What is Jackson's relationship with Kay?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)