|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Estelle's son say at the end of the story that he and his mother have done all his life and will keep doing until one eventually buries the other?
(a) Supported women's rights.
(b) Loved and failed each other.
(c) Taught at the community college.
(d) Befriended white people.
2. What does Jackson buy with his initial twenty-five dollars?
(c) A haircut and shave.
(d) A hotel room.
3. Who gives Jackson his first twenty dollars for redeeming the pow-wow regalia from the pawn shop?
(a) Officer Williams.
(c) The pawnshop owner.
(d) Rose of Sharon.
4. What does Jackson say is the only thing at which he's ever been good or effective?
(a) Making love.
(b) Selling shoes.
(c) Being homeless.
(d) Making jewelry.
5. For what does William in "Flight Patterns" always scan airports and airplanes?
(a) Security guards and cops.
(b) Attaché cases that look like they could be bombs.
(c) Little brown guys who reek of fundamentalism.
(d) Coffee and donuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Estelle's son say he sometimes feels like instead of her son?
2. What health problem does William have?
3. How is Marie's hair in "Flight Patterns"?
4. How old is Estelle's son at the beginning of the story?
5. Near the end of "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above," what do Estelle and her son notice on the back of the white dress of a woman walking along the street?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)