|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill say when Richard dunks the basketball?
(a) You'll beat us for sure.
(b) Do it again.
(c) Dunking doesn't count.
(d) Well done.
2. Why does Steve in "Lawyer's League" invite Richard to play basketball?
(a) He wants to diversify the team.
(b) He wants to keep Richard away from Theresa.
(c) He knows Richard is a good player.
(d) He thinks he can beat Richard.
3. To what kind of dinner is Richard invited?
(a) A college graduation dinner.
(b) A Republican campaign dinner.
(c) A bipartisan lobbyist dinner.
(d) A basketball team's celebratory dinner.
4. How many people survive the bomb explosion?
(b) One hundred.
(d) Forty one.
5. What does the man in "Do Not Go Gentle" overhear in his waking sleep?
(a) An angel predicting his child will live.
(b) Another grieving father crying over a dying child.
(c) Doctors predicting his son will die.
(d) Other grieving fathers insulting a fat woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corliss learn about Harlan Atwater from his interview in Radical Seattle Weekly?
2. What happens to the woman after she has a laughing, crying, kicking fit on the man's carpet?
3. What kind of store does the man in "Do Not Go Gentle" mistakenly visit instead of a toy store?
4. Which of the following statements describes the father of Richard, the narrator in "Lawyer's League"?
5. What is the woman who is the main character of "Can I Get a Witness?" doing at the beginning of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think the woman in "Can I Get a Witness" is thinking clearly after the bombing, or do you think her head injury affects her speech and behavior?
2. What is Richard's relationship with Teresa and how does it compare with what he wishes it was?
3. Explain how overhearing the other fathers in the hospital bathroom motivates the father in "Do Not Go Gentle."
4. Who is Mr. Grief in "Do Not Go Gentle"?
5. Discuss the influence of Native American culture on the life of the woman in "Can I Get a Witness?"
6. How does Corliss differ from the rest of her family?
7. Why do you think Chocolate Thunder appeals to the father in "Do Not Go Gentle"?
8. What are the similarities between the man and woman who meet after the bombing in "Can I Get a Witness"?
9. Who is the antagonist in "Lawyer's League" and what helps identify that character as the villain/villainess?
10. What do Corliss's apartment and the way it is furnished indicate about Corliss?
This section contains 1,519 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)