|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the woman feel about her children in "Can I Get a Witness?"
(a) She never wanted children.
(b) She wants more children.
(c) She loves them.
(d) She hates them.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe the man who asks the female main character in "Can I Get a Witness" if she's okay after the bombing?
(a) Handsome with kind eyes and a mustache.
(b) A short forty-something Caucasian.
(c) A tall Asian.
(d) Twenty pounds overweight.
3. How many people survive the bomb explosion?
(a) Forty one.
(b) One hundred.
4. What kind of work does the man in "Can I Get a Witness?" do?
(a) He drives a taxi.
(b) He tends bar.
(c) He owns a nightclub.
(d) He designs computer games.
5. How many people die in the bomb explosion in "Can I Get a Witness?"
(a) One hundred.
(b) Forty two.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Richard grow up?
2. What kind of lawyer is Bill?
3. Why is Richard surprised to be invited to play basketball in a lawyer's league?
4. At the dinner Richard attends, who does he think he could take home, sleep with, and abandon?
5. Which of the following does not describe the physical appearance of Corliss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Corliss's visits to McDonald's illustrate?
2. What is Richard's relationship with Teresa and how does it compare with what he wishes it was?
3. Why do you think Estelle fails to help the bleeding woman in the final scene of the story and how does this failure affect her relationship with her son?
4. Who is Mr. Grief in "Do Not Go Gentle"?
5. Are there any parallels between the bombing of the Good Food Restaurant in "Can I Get a Witness" and the September 11, 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center?
6. Before he encounters Bill and the lawyer's basketball league, does Richard's career path seem to be leading him to his goal of the Senate and the White House?
7. Why does Estelle Walks Above change her name?
8. In what ways does "Flight Patterns" reflect that it takes place in a post-September 11th world?
9. How does Corliss think white people feel about Indians?
10. How does Corliss differ from the rest of her family?
This section contains 1,377 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)