|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bill's nickname in "Lawyer's League"?
(a) The Terminator.
(b) Big Bill.
(c) Little Bill.
(d) Kobe Bryant.
2. Who settles a lawsuit out of court in "Lawyer's League"?
(a) Richard and Bill.
(b) Richard and Steve.
(c) Bill and Steve.
(d) Richard and Theresa.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe how the woman in "Can I Get a Witness?" feels about the people who died on September 11th?
(a) Some of them could have been abusing their daughters.
(b) None of them deserved to die.
(c) Some of them could have been cheating on their wives.
(d) Some of them deserved to die.
4. What did the man's ex-wife used to call him in "Can I Get a Witness?"
(a) Big Loser.
(b) Honey Bunny.
(c) Mr. Funny.
(d) Mr. Happy.
5. Where does "The Search Engine" take place?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the parents of the baby in "Do Not Go Gentle" do at their baby's hospital bedside?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe what Corliss learns about Harlan Atwater when she finally meets him face to face?
3. What are the parents in "Do Not Go Gentle" and the other parents in the hospital sick and tired of?
4. When Bill keeps protesting every basket Richard makes, what do the other lawyers suggest?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Richard's job experiences?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Corliss identifies so strongly with Harlan Atwater.
2. Why does the father in "Do Not Go Gentle" think his wife is more sorrowful than he is over their son's critical condition?
3. Explain how overhearing the other fathers in the hospital bathroom motivates the father in "Do Not Go Gentle."
4. How does Corliss differ from the rest of her family?
5. What is Richard's relationship with Teresa and how does it compare with what he wishes it was?
6. What is the significance of Corliss's referring to her quest for information about Harlan Atwater as a "vision quest"?
7. Who is Mr. Grief in "Do Not Go Gentle"?
8. Discuss the touches of humor in "Can I Get a Witness?"
9. What do Corliss's visits to McDonald's illustrate?
10. Do you think the woman in "Can I Get a Witness" is thinking clearly after the bombing, or do you think her head injury affects her speech and behavior?
This section contains 1,425 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)