|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the female main character of "Can I Get a Witness?"
2. In "Can I Get a Witness?", where does the woman ask the man to take her?
(a) To the police.
(b) To his home.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To her home.
3. What does Bill say when Richard dunks the basketball?
(a) You'll beat us for sure.
(b) Well done.
(c) Do it again.
(d) Dunking doesn't count.
4. According to the librarian, how many other people have checked out Harlan Atwater's book before Corliss?
(b) One hundred.
(d) One thousand.
5. What do the man and woman in "Can I Get a Witness?" each think about when they first meet?
(a) Whether they will die.
(b) Whether they can trust each other.
(c) Sleeping together.
(d) Where they can find safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the woman in "Can I Get a Witness" doing on September 11th when the World Trade Center attacks occurred?
2. How old is the mother of the ailing baby in "Do Not Go Gentle"?
3. What are Richard's career goals?
4. How many people die in the bomb explosion in "Can I Get a Witness?"
5. How does the woman feel about her children in "Can I Get a Witness?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Corliss's visits to McDonald's illustrate?
2. Do you think the woman in "Can I Get a Witness" is thinking clearly after the bombing, or do you think her head injury affects her speech and behavior?
3. Why does the father in "Do Not Go Gentle" think his wife is more sorrowful than he is over their son's critical condition?
4. Why don't the parents in "Do Not Go Gentle" name their baby at the beginning of the story?
5. What does Richard think most Native American politicians are like?
6. How does Corliss think white people feel about Indians?
7. How does Richard in "Lawyer's League" describe himself?
8. What is the significance of the last line of "Lawyer's League" in which Richard says, "Do you understand I have a limited range of motion"?
9. Why do you think the woman in "Can I Get a Witness" wants the man to take her to his home after the bombing rather than to hers?
10. What does the opening scene of "The Search Engine" in which Corliss watches the young couple in the student union cafe foreshadow?
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)