|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sharon's parents do for a living?
(a) They own a convenience store.
(b) They're musicians.
(c) They're lawyers.
(d) They're architects.
2. What feminist book does Estelle make her son read?
(a) Moving the Mountain.
(b) Our Bodies, Ourselves.
(c) Radical Feminism.
(d) The Feminine Mystique.
3. Near the end of "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above," what do Estelle and her son notice on the back of the white dress of a woman walking along the street?
(a) A large tear.
(b) A big grass stain.
(c) A large blood stain.
(d) A paint stain.
4. How old is Estelle's son at the beginning of the story?
5. When Sharon calls David a liar at the end of "Do You Know Where I Am?", how many times does David say he has lied to his wife?
(a) Ten times.
(c) Countless times.
6. What does Estelle's son like about Indian men?
(a) Their totems.
(b) Their ceremonies.
(c) Their long hair, colorful clothes, and singing and dancing.
(d) Their healing magic.
7. How much money does Jackson win at the lottery?
(a) Eight thousand dollars.
(b) One million dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
8. How many questions does Sharon tell David he can ask about what she confesses to him?
(a) As many as he wants.
9. Who is Estelle's son engaged to when he meets the woman he eventually marries?
(a) Cynthia, a liberal white woman.
(b) Estelle, a Spokane Indian woman.
(c) Mary, a Crow Indian woman.
(d) White Flower, a Spokane Indian woman.
10. Where do David and Sharon find a lost cat?
(a) In a dumpster.
(b) In some blackberry bushes.
(c) In Sharon's college dorm.
(d) In an alley.
11. What two things do David and Sharon have in common when they meet?
(a) They're both Native American and Catholic.
(b) They're both doctors and Spokane Indians.
(c) They're both sculptors and diabetics.
(d) They're both Apache Indians and musicians.
12. How is Marie's hair in "Flight Patterns"?
(b) Short and neatly brushed.
(c) Always unkempt and wild.
(d) Dyed blonde.
13. What happens to Sharon when she and David are sixty-six years old?
(a) She develops a terminal case of cancer.
(b) She falls in love with another man.
(c) She catches a burglar.
(d) She breaks a hip.
14. From where is the taxi driver in "Flight Patterns"?
15. Whose pow-wow dance regalia does Jackson think he spots in a pawnshop window?
(a) His tribal chief's.
(b) His father's.
(c) His own.
(d) His grandmother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Estelle's son say he sometimes feels like instead of her son?
2. What identifies the regalia in the pawnshop window as the property of the person to whom Jackson thinks it once belonged?
3. Which of the following is something William does?
4. Who does William call at the end of "Flight Patterns"?
5. What does Jackson try to sell to earn money to redeem the pow-wow regalia from the pawnshop?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)