|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David's mother do for a living?
(a) She's an actress.
(b) She's a corporate attorney.
(c) She's a seamstress.
(d) She's a dentist.
2. Once David and she find the cat, what does Sharon remember seeing in the newspaper the previous week?
(a) A want ad for her dream job.
(b) An ad for engagement rings.
(c) A photo of her rival for David.
(d) A lost-cat ad.
3. How does Jackson get the pow-wow regalia at the end of "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem"?
(a) He steals it.
(b) Officer Williams loans him the money to redeem it.
(c) The pawnshop owner gives it to him.
(d) He wins the lottery and redeems it.
4. What kind of work does William do?
(a) He's a salesman.
(b) He programs computers.
(c) He's an accountant.
(d) He drives a semi.
5. What did the taxi driver study at Oxford?
6. What kind of mental problem does Jackson have?
(c) Bipolar disorder.
(d) Asocial disorder.
7. How many children do David and Sharon have?
8. How old is Estelle's son at the beginning of the story?
9. What does Sharon confess to David one night in "Do You Know Where I Am?"
(a) She's had an affair.
(b) She has gambled their mortgage money away.
(c) She's an alcoholic.
(d) She's been fired from her job.
10. What does Jackson try to sell to earn money to redeem the pow-wow regalia from the pawnshop?
(b) His shoes.
(c) His blood.
11. Where do David and Sharon meet in "Do You Know Where I Am?"
(a) On the Spokane Indian reservation.
(b) In a hamburger restaurant.
(c) At high school.
(d) At a Catholic college in Seattle.
12. After Jackson spends his lottery winnings, who gives him another twenty-five dollars?
(b) Officer Williams.
(c) Rose of Sharon.
(d) The pawnshop owner.
13. What does the taxi driver say when passengers ask him if he's East Coast or West Coast?
(a) I'm West Coast.
(b) I'm East Coast.
(c) I'm Ivory Coast.
(d) I'm both coasts.
14. About what does William sometimes fantasize?
(a) Being a hero.
(b) A new job.
(c) Winning the lottery.
(d) Other women and possible lives with them.
15. Which of the following is not a trait Estelle's son identifies as a negative aspect of being an Indian?
(a) Educational opportunities.
(b) Low self-esteem.
(c) Misogyny and lateral violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Estelle's answering machine message say she's probably out doing?
2. What does Jackson say is the only thing at which he's ever been good or effective?
3. Where do David and Sharon find a lost cat?
4. How much money does Jackson initially have for redeeming the pow-wow regalia?
5. What does Estelle's son like about Indian men?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)