|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is not marital advice Estelle gives her son?
(a) Wash dishes.
(b) Give your wife expensive gifts.
(c) Do the laundry.
2. What kind of women are most of Estelle's friends?
(a) Homeless women.
(c) White liberals.
(d) Spokane Indians.
3. What does Estelle's answering machine message say she's probably out doing?
(a) Romancing a man.
(b) Bungee jumping.
(c) Climbing a dormant volcano.
(d) Parachuting from a plane.
4. What did the taxi driver in "Flight Patterns" do for a living in his birth country?
(a) He was a doctor.
(b) He was a rabbi.
(c) He was a lawyer.
(d) He was a jet-fighter pilot.
5. What does Marie want William to do instead of catch his plane?
(a) Drive the kids to school.
(b) Go fishing.
(c) Stay in bed and make love.
(d) Quit his job.
6. What kind of Indian is David?
7. What does Sharon's confession initially make David want to do to her?
(a) Leave her.
(b) Shoot her.
(c) Hit her.
(d) Confess his own affair.
8. What does Estelle's son like about Indian men?
(a) Their healing magic.
(b) Their long hair, colorful clothes, and singing and dancing.
(c) Their ceremonies.
(d) Their totems.
9. Who is Estelle's son engaged to when he meets the woman he eventually marries?
(a) White Flower, a Spokane Indian woman.
(b) Estelle, a Spokane Indian woman.
(c) Cynthia, a liberal white woman.
(d) Mary, a Crow Indian woman.
10. Why do David and Sharon each spend their college graduation day alone?
(a) They break up temporarily because of David's lie.
(b) Their families don't like each other.
(c) They graduate from different schools.
(d) They are each moving to different cities.
11. Who does William call at the end of "Flight Patterns"?
(a) His boss.
(b) His neighbor.
12. When Sharon calls David a liar at the end of "Do You Know Where I Am?", how many times does David say he has lied to his wife?
(a) Ten times.
(b) Countless times.
13. What does David's mother do for a living?
(a) She's an actress.
(b) She's a corporate attorney.
(c) She's a dentist.
(d) She's a seamstress.
14. What does the taxi driver say when passengers ask him if he's East Coast or West Coast?
(a) I'm West Coast.
(b) I'm both coasts.
(c) I'm East Coast.
(d) I'm Ivory Coast.
15. What happens to Sharon when she and David are sixty-six years old?
(a) She falls in love with another man.
(b) She breaks a hip.
(c) She develops a terminal case of cancer.
(d) She catches a burglar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackson buy with his initial twenty-five dollars?
2. What two things do David and Sharon have in common when they meet?
3. About what does William sometimes fantasize?
4. What does Estelle's son say white people often think Indians are?
5. In "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem," how long has Jackson been homeless?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)