|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do David and Sharon have?
2. What does Estelle's answering machine message say she's probably out doing?
(a) Romancing a man.
(b) Climbing a dormant volcano.
(c) Parachuting from a plane.
(d) Bungee jumping.
3. What kind of Indian is Sharon?
4. For what physical feature is Estelle's son known?
(a) His cleft chin.
(b) His long eyelashes.
(c) His full lips.
(d) His long hair.
5. In "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem," how long has Jackson been homeless?
(a) Six years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) All his life.
(d) Six months.
6. In what year does "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above" begin?
7. Once David and she find the cat, what does Sharon remember seeing in the newspaper the previous week?
(a) An ad for engagement rings.
(b) A lost-cat ad.
(c) A want ad for her dream job.
(d) A photo of her rival for David.
8. What does the taxi driver say when passengers ask him if he's East Coast or West Coast?
(a) I'm East Coast.
(b) I'm West Coast.
(c) I'm Ivory Coast.
(d) I'm both coasts.
9. Which of the following is something William does?
(b) Declines to take pills.
(c) Eats processed sugar.
10. What did the taxi driver in "Flight Patterns" do for a living in his birth country?
(a) He was a lawyer.
(b) He was a rabbi.
(c) He was a jet-fighter pilot.
(d) He was a doctor.
11. How does William wear his hair?
(a) He shaves his head.
(b) Long and in two braids.
(d) In a ponytail.
12. Near the end of "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above," what do Estelle and her son notice on the back of the white dress of a woman walking along the street?
(a) A large blood stain.
(b) A paint stain.
(c) A big grass stain.
(d) A large tear.
13. What kind of mental problem does Jackson have?
(c) Asocial disorder.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
14. What does Estelle's son say he sometimes feels like instead of her son?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her student.
(d) Her boyfriend.
15. What does Marie in "Flight Patterns" do for a living?
(a) She's a model.
(b) She's a secretary.
(c) She's a teacher.
(d) She's a stay-at-home wife and mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the taxi driver study at Oxford?
2. Which of the following statements is not marital advice Estelle gives her son?
3. Which of the following is not a trait Estelle's son identifies as a negative aspect of being an Indian?
4. How does Jackson get the pow-wow regalia at the end of "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem"?
5. What does Estelle's son say white people often think Indians are?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)