|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where is the taxi driver in "Flight Patterns"?
2. What kind of Indian is Sharon?
3. Which of the following statements is not marital advice Estelle gives her son?
(a) Give your wife expensive gifts.
(c) Do the laundry.
(d) Wash dishes.
4. For what does William in "Flight Patterns" always scan airports and airplanes?
(a) Coffee and donuts.
(b) Little brown guys who reek of fundamentalism.
(c) Security guards and cops.
(d) Attaché cases that look like they could be bombs.
5. Near the end of "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above," what do Estelle and her son notice on the back of the white dress of a woman walking along the street?
(a) A large tear.
(b) A big grass stain.
(c) A paint stain.
(d) A large blood stain.
6. What feminist book does Estelle make her son read?
(a) Our Bodies, Ourselves.
(b) Radical Feminism.
(c) Moving the Mountain.
(d) The Feminine Mystique.
7. For what physical feature is Estelle's son known?
(a) His cleft chin.
(b) His long hair.
(c) His full lips.
(d) His long eyelashes.
8. After Jackson spends his lottery winnings, who gives him another twenty-five dollars?
(a) Officer Williams.
(b) Rose of Sharon.
(c) The pawnshop owner.
9. What does Estelle's son say at the end of the story that he and his mother have done all his life and will keep doing until one eventually buries the other?
(a) Loved and failed each other.
(b) Befriended white people.
(c) Taught at the community college.
(d) Supported women's rights.
10. What did the taxi driver study at Oxford?
11. How many children do David and Sharon have?
12. Why is the regalia Jackson spots in the pawnshop window no longer in the possession of its rightful owner?
(a) It was stolen fifty years earlier.
(b) The original owner pawned it.
(c) The original owner sold it.
(d) The original owner gave it away.
13. What does Jackson buy with his initial twenty-five dollars?
(b) A haircut and shave.
(d) A hotel room.
14. Where do David and Sharon meet in "Do You Know Where I Am?"
(a) On the Spokane Indian reservation.
(b) At a Catholic college in Seattle.
(c) At high school.
(d) In a hamburger restaurant.
15. What kind of mental problem does Jackson have?
(a) Bipolar disorder.
(d) Asocial disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the taxi driver say when passengers ask him if he's East Coast or West Coast?
2. In what year does "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above" begin?
3. How long does the pawnshop owner give Jackson to come back with the money to redeem the regalia?
4. How does William wear his hair?
5. What does Sharon give David for his fortieth birthday?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)