|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose pow-wow dance regalia does Jackson think he spots in a pawnshop window?
(a) His grandmother's.
(b) His own.
(c) His father's.
(d) His tribal chief's.
2. What does David's mother do for a living?
(a) She's a seamstress.
(b) She's an actress.
(c) She's a corporate attorney.
(d) She's a dentist.
3. How many children do David and Sharon have?
4. Once David and she find the cat, what does Sharon remember seeing in the newspaper the previous week?
(a) An ad for engagement rings.
(b) A lost-cat ad.
(c) A want ad for her dream job.
(d) A photo of her rival for David.
5. What does William's daughter in "Flight Patterns" fear will happen to him after September 11th?
(a) That his plane will be hijacked by terrorists.
(b) That he will leave her and Marie.
(c) That he will be mistaken for a terrorist.
(d) That his plane will crash.
6. How many questions does Sharon tell David he can ask about what she confesses to him?
(a) As many as he wants.
7. What does Sharon's confession initially make David want to do to her?
(a) Hit her.
(b) Leave her.
(c) Shoot her.
(d) Confess his own affair.
8. When Sharon calls David a liar at the end of "Do You Know Where I Am?", how many times does David say he has lied to his wife?
(a) Ten times.
(b) Countless times.
9. Where do David and Sharon meet in "Do You Know Where I Am?"
(a) On the Spokane Indian reservation.
(b) At high school.
(c) In a hamburger restaurant.
(d) At a Catholic college in Seattle.
10. What does Marie in "Flight Patterns" do for a living?
(a) She's a secretary.
(b) She's a model.
(c) She's a stay-at-home wife and mom.
(d) She's a teacher.
11. What do Sharon's parents do for a living?
(a) They're musicians.
(b) They're architects.
(c) They're lawyers.
(d) They own a convenience store.
12. Why is the regalia Jackson spots in the pawnshop window no longer in the possession of its rightful owner?
(a) The original owner pawned it.
(b) The original owner gave it away.
(c) The original owner sold it.
(d) It was stolen fifty years earlier.
13. What does Estelle's son say he sometimes feels like instead of her son?
(a) Her student.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her friend.
14. In what year does "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above" begin?
15. Near the end of "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above," what do Estelle and her son notice on the back of the white dress of a woman walking along the street?
(a) A large tear.
(b) A large blood stain.
(c) A paint stain.
(d) A big grass stain.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Jackson spends his lottery winnings, who gives him another twenty-five dollars?
2. From where is the taxi driver in "Flight Patterns"?
3. How does William wear his hair?
4. What is Estelle's real name in "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above"?
5. Who is Estelle's son engaged to when he meets the woman he eventually marries?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)