|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Estelle's answering machine message say she's probably out doing?
(a) Bungee jumping.
(b) Romancing a man.
(c) Climbing a dormant volcano.
(d) Parachuting from a plane.
2. In what year does "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above" begin?
3. What does Estelle's son like about Indian men?
(a) Their healing magic.
(b) Their ceremonies.
(c) Their long hair, colorful clothes, and singing and dancing.
(d) Their totems.
4. Which of the following is something William does?
(c) Declines to take pills.
(d) Eats processed sugar.
5. What do Estelle and her son frequently forget?
(a) Where they park their cars.
(b) Their students' names.
(c) Their birthdays.
(d) Their address.
6. What does Jackson try to sell to earn money to redeem the pow-wow regalia from the pawnshop?
(a) His shoes.
(d) His blood.
7. What does Jackson buy with twenty of his last twenty-five dollars?
(b) A hotel room.
(c) A shave and haircut.
(d) Food for some hungry and homeless Aleut Indians.
8. What did the taxi driver study at Oxford?
9. What does Jackson buy with his initial twenty-five dollars?
(c) A hotel room.
(d) A haircut and shave.
10. How many children do David and Sharon have?
11. What kind of Indian is Sharon?
12. How does William wear his hair?
(a) Long and in two braids.
(b) In a ponytail.
(c) He shaves his head.
13. What feminist book does Estelle make her son read?
(a) Radical Feminism.
(b) Our Bodies, Ourselves.
(c) The Feminine Mystique.
(d) Moving the Mountain.
14. How much does the pawnshop owner tell Jackson it will cost to redeem the regalia?
(a) Nine hundred and ninety nine dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) One million dollars.
15. How does Jackson get the pow-wow regalia at the end of "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem"?
(a) He wins the lottery and redeems it.
(b) The pawnshop owner gives it to him.
(c) Officer Williams loans him the money to redeem it.
(d) He steals it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William's daughter in "Flight Patterns" fear will happen to him after September 11th?
2. What does Jackson do with his lottery winnings?
3. Which of the following is not a trait Estelle's son identifies as a negative aspect of being an Indian?
4. What kind of mental problem does Jackson have?
5. What did the taxi driver in "Flight Patterns" do for a living in his birth country?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)