|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jackson buy with twenty of his last twenty-five dollars?
(a) A hotel room.
(c) A shave and haircut.
(d) Food for some hungry and homeless Aleut Indians.
2. How long has it been since the taxi driver in "Flight Patterns" has seen his children?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) One month.
(d) Many years.
3. What two things do David and Sharon have in common when they meet?
(a) They're both sculptors and diabetics.
(b) They're both Native American and Catholic.
(c) They're both Apache Indians and musicians.
(d) They're both doctors and Spokane Indians.
4. What does Estelle's answering machine message say she's probably out doing?
(a) Parachuting from a plane.
(b) Climbing a dormant volcano.
(c) Bungee jumping.
(d) Romancing a man.
5. What health problem does William have?
(a) An ulcer.
(d) High blood pressure.
6. What kind of Indian is David?
7. Why do David and Sharon each spend their college graduation day alone?
(a) Their families don't like each other.
(b) They break up temporarily because of David's lie.
(c) They are each moving to different cities.
(d) They graduate from different schools.
8. How long does the pawnshop owner give Jackson to come back with the money to redeem the regalia?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Twenty-four hours.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
9. Why is the regalia Jackson spots in the pawnshop window no longer in the possession of its rightful owner?
(a) The original owner sold it.
(b) The original owner gave it away.
(c) The original owner pawned it.
(d) It was stolen fifty years earlier.
10. Once David and she find the cat, what does Sharon remember seeing in the newspaper the previous week?
(a) A want ad for her dream job.
(b) A lost-cat ad.
(c) An ad for engagement rings.
(d) A photo of her rival for David.
11. Where do David and Sharon meet in "Do You Know Where I Am?"
(a) At a Catholic college in Seattle.
(b) In a hamburger restaurant.
(c) On the Spokane Indian reservation.
(d) At high school.
12. What does Jackson buy with his initial twenty-five dollars?
(a) A hotel room.
(c) A haircut and shave.
13. In "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem," how long has Jackson been homeless?
(a) All his life.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six years.
14. How many children do David and Sharon have?
15. Who gives Jackson his first twenty dollars for redeeming the pow-wow regalia from the pawn shop?
(a) The pawnshop owner.
(b) Officer Williams.
(d) Rose of Sharon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Estelle and her son frequently forget?
2. What does David's mother do for a living?
3. How old is Estelle's son at the beginning of the story?
4. Why did the taxi driver leave his birth country?
5. What does Jackson try to sell to earn money to redeem the pow-wow regalia from the pawnshop?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)