|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many questions does Sharon tell David he can ask about what she confesses to him?
(d) As many as he wants.
2. What does the taxi driver say when passengers ask him if he's East Coast or West Coast?
(a) I'm both coasts.
(b) I'm East Coast.
(c) I'm West Coast.
(d) I'm Ivory Coast.
3. After Jackson spends his lottery winnings, who gives him another twenty-five dollars?
(a) The pawnshop owner.
(b) Rose of Sharon.
(c) Officer Williams.
4. What happens to Sharon when she and David are sixty-six years old?
(a) She catches a burglar.
(b) She breaks a hip.
(c) She falls in love with another man.
(d) She develops a terminal case of cancer.
5. When Sharon calls David a liar at the end of "Do You Know Where I Am?", how many times does David say he has lied to his wife?
(c) Countless times.
(d) Ten times.
6. What kind of mental problem does Jackson have?
(a) Asocial disorder.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
7. How does Jackson get the pow-wow regalia at the end of "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem"?
(a) He steals it.
(b) He wins the lottery and redeems it.
(c) Officer Williams loans him the money to redeem it.
(d) The pawnshop owner gives it to him.
8. How much does the pawnshop owner tell Jackson it will cost to redeem the regalia?
(a) Nine hundred and ninety nine dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) One million dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
9. Where do David and Sharon meet in "Do You Know Where I Am?"
(a) In a hamburger restaurant.
(b) At a Catholic college in Seattle.
(c) At high school.
(d) On the Spokane Indian reservation.
10. How is Marie's hair in "Flight Patterns"?
(a) Short and neatly brushed.
(b) Dyed blonde.
(c) Always unkempt and wild.
11. What does Jackson buy with his initial twenty-five dollars?
(b) A hotel room.
(c) A haircut and shave.
12. What does Sharon's confession initially make David want to do to her?
(a) Confess his own affair.
(b) Leave her.
(c) Shoot her.
(d) Hit her.
13. For what physical feature is Estelle's son known?
(a) His long hair.
(b) His cleft chin.
(c) His full lips.
(d) His long eyelashes.
14. What does Estelle's son say at the end of the story that he and his mother have done all his life and will keep doing until one eventually buries the other?
(a) Supported women's rights.
(b) Befriended white people.
(c) Taught at the community college.
(d) Loved and failed each other.
15. How many children do David and Sharon have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose music is William listening to at the beginning of "Flight Patterns"?
2. What feminist book does Estelle make her son read?
3. How much money does Jackson win at the lottery?
4. What does Estelle's son say he sometimes feels like instead of her son?
5. What does Jackson do with his lottery winnings?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)