|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many questions does Sharon tell David he can ask about what she confesses to him?
(a) As many as he wants.
2. What does Jackson buy with twenty of his last twenty-five dollars?
(a) A hotel room.
(b) Food for some hungry and homeless Aleut Indians.
(c) A shave and haircut.
3. How much money does Jackson win at the lottery?
(a) One million dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Eight thousand dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
4. What does Estelle do after she spots the woman in the white dress?
(a) Rolls down her window and beckons the woman.
(b) Stops her car but doesn't get out to assist the woman.
(c) Ignores the woman.
(d) Honks her horn at the woman.
5. What feminist book does Estelle make her son read?
(a) Moving the Mountain.
(b) Our Bodies, Ourselves.
(c) The Feminine Mystique.
(d) Radical Feminism.
6. What story does Sharon tell at every family gathering during her long marriage to David?
(a) Their first meeting story.
(b) Their first child's birth story.
(c) Their wedding day story.
(d) The lost cat story.
7. What do Sharon's parents do for a living?
(a) They own a convenience store.
(b) They're musicians.
(c) They're architects.
(d) They're lawyers.
8. Which of the following statements is not marital advice Estelle gives her son?
(a) Do the laundry.
(c) Wash dishes.
(d) Give your wife expensive gifts.
9. Near the end of "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above," what do Estelle and her son notice on the back of the white dress of a woman walking along the street?
(a) A large tear.
(b) A paint stain.
(c) A big grass stain.
(d) A large blood stain.
10. What do Estelle and her son frequently forget?
(a) Where they park their cars.
(b) Their address.
(c) Their students' names.
(d) Their birthdays.
11. What did the taxi driver study at Oxford?
12. Whose pow-wow dance regalia does Jackson think he spots in a pawnshop window?
(a) His father's.
(b) His grandmother's.
(c) His own.
(d) His tribal chief's.
13. What health problem does William have?
(a) An ulcer.
(c) High blood pressure.
14. What happens to Sharon when she and David are sixty-six years old?
(a) She falls in love with another man.
(b) She catches a burglar.
(c) She breaks a hip.
(d) She develops a terminal case of cancer.
15. What does Jackson try to sell to earn money to redeem the pow-wow regalia from the pawnshop?
(b) His shoes.
(d) His blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do David and Sharon have?
2. For what does William in "Flight Patterns" always scan airports and airplanes?
3. Why is the regalia Jackson spots in the pawnshop window no longer in the possession of its rightful owner?
4. How much money does Jackson initially have for redeeming the pow-wow regalia?
5. What do both Estelle and her son do for a living?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)