|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do David and Sharon have?
2. What does Jackson say is the only thing at which he's ever been good or effective?
(a) Being homeless.
(b) Making jewelry.
(c) Making love.
(d) Selling shoes.
3. What do Estelle and her son frequently forget?
(a) Their address.
(b) Their students' names.
(c) Where they park their cars.
(d) Their birthdays.
4. What did the taxi driver study at Oxford?
5. What do Sharon's parents do for a living?
(a) They're architects.
(b) They own a convenience store.
(c) They're musicians.
(d) They're lawyers.
6. What do both Estelle and her son do for a living?
(a) Teach at a community college.
(b) Practice law.
(c) Make Indian jewelry.
(d) Practice medicine.
7. What two things do David and Sharon have in common when they meet?
(a) They're both sculptors and diabetics.
(b) They're both Native American and Catholic.
(c) They're both Apache Indians and musicians.
(d) They're both doctors and Spokane Indians.
8. How does Jackson get the pow-wow regalia at the end of "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem"?
(a) The pawnshop owner gives it to him.
(b) Officer Williams loans him the money to redeem it.
(c) He wins the lottery and redeems it.
(d) He steals it.
9. In "Do You Know Where I Am?", what does David do when the lost cat's owner comes to reclaim him.
(a) Offer to keep the cat.
(b) Demand a reward.
(c) Lie about his role in finding the cat, taking all the credit.
(d) Hide the cat so he can keep it.
10. How much money does Jackson win at the lottery?
(a) Eight thousand dollars.
(b) One million dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
11. What did the taxi driver in "Flight Patterns" do for a living in his birth country?
(a) He was a rabbi.
(b) He was a doctor.
(c) He was a lawyer.
(d) He was a jet-fighter pilot.
12. What does Jackson try to sell to earn money to redeem the pow-wow regalia from the pawnshop?
(b) His shoes.
(d) His blood.
13. Where do David and Sharon meet in "Do You Know Where I Am?"
(a) At high school.
(b) In a hamburger restaurant.
(c) At a Catholic college in Seattle.
(d) On the Spokane Indian reservation.
14. What kind of Indian is Sharon?
15. What health problem does William have?
(a) An ulcer.
(b) High blood pressure.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does William sometimes fantasize?
2. For what physical feature is Estelle's son known?
3. What does Sharon give David for his fortieth birthday?
4. What does Jackson buy with his initial twenty-five dollars?
5. For what does William in "Flight Patterns" always scan airports and airplanes?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)