|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what physical feature is Estelle's son known?
(a) His full lips.
(b) His long hair.
(c) His long eyelashes.
(d) His cleft chin.
2. What does Jackson say is the only thing at which he's ever been good or effective?
(a) Selling shoes.
(b) Making love.
(c) Making jewelry.
(d) Being homeless.
3. What does Estelle's son say at the end of the story that he and his mother have done all his life and will keep doing until one eventually buries the other?
(a) Supported women's rights.
(b) Taught at the community college.
(c) Loved and failed each other.
(d) Befriended white people.
4. How old is Estelle's son at the beginning of the story?
5. What does Estelle's son say white people often think Indians are?
(b) Poor and uneducated.
(d) Shamanic geniuses.
6. What happens to Sharon when she and David are sixty-six years old?
(a) She falls in love with another man.
(b) She catches a burglar.
(c) She develops a terminal case of cancer.
(d) She breaks a hip.
7. When Sharon calls David a liar at the end of "Do You Know Where I Am?", how many times does David say he has lied to his wife?
(a) Countless times.
(c) Ten times.
8. Where do David and Sharon find a lost cat?
(a) In some blackberry bushes.
(b) In an alley.
(c) In a dumpster.
(d) In Sharon's college dorm.
9. What does Sharon's confession initially make David want to do to her?
(a) Leave her.
(b) Confess his own affair.
(c) Shoot her.
(d) Hit her.
10. What does Sharon give David for his fortieth birthday?
(a) A set of golf clubs.
(b) A Tarot card reading.
(c) A T-shirt referring to the lost cat.
(d) A painting.
11. Where do David and Sharon meet in "Do You Know Where I Am?"
(a) At a Catholic college in Seattle.
(b) In a hamburger restaurant.
(c) On the Spokane Indian reservation.
(d) At high school.
12. For what does William in "Flight Patterns" always scan airports and airplanes?
(a) Little brown guys who reek of fundamentalism.
(b) Attaché cases that look like they could be bombs.
(c) Coffee and donuts.
(d) Security guards and cops.
13. What does David's mother do for a living?
(a) She's a dentist.
(b) She's an actress.
(c) She's a seamstress.
(d) She's a corporate attorney.
14. What did the taxi driver study at Oxford?
15. What do both Estelle and her son do for a living?
(a) Practice medicine.
(b) Teach at a community college.
(c) Practice law.
(d) Make Indian jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem," how long has Jackson been homeless?
2. In "Do You Know Where I Am?", what does David do when the lost cat's owner comes to reclaim him.
3. What identifies the regalia in the pawnshop window as the property of the person to whom Jackson thinks it once belonged?
4. How much does the pawnshop owner tell Jackson it will cost to redeem the regalia?
5. Who are Rose of Sharon and Junior in "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem"?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)