Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie want William to do instead of catch his plane?
(a) Stay in bed and make love.
(b) Go fishing.
(c) Quit his job.
(d) Drive the kids to school.
2. What does the taxi driver say when passengers ask him if he's East Coast or West Coast?
(a) I'm West Coast.
(b) I'm Ivory Coast.
(c) I'm East Coast.
(d) I'm both coasts.
3. Who is Estelle's son engaged to when he meets the woman he eventually marries?
(a) Estelle, a Spokane Indian woman.
(b) Mary, a Crow Indian woman.
(c) Cynthia, a liberal white woman.
(d) White Flower, a Spokane Indian woman.
4. What did the taxi driver in "Flight Patterns" do for a living in his birth country?
(a) He was a rabbi.
(b) He was a jet-fighter pilot.
(c) He was a doctor.
(d) He was a lawyer.
5. What feminist book does Estelle make her son read?
(a) <i>Radical Feminism.</i>
(b) <i>Moving the Mountain.</i>
(c) <i>Our Bodies, Ourselves.</i>
(d) <i>The Feminine Mystique.</i>
6. How old is Estelle's son at the beginning of the story?
7. Where do David and Sharon find a lost cat?
(a) In a dumpster.
(b) In some blackberry bushes.
(c) In Sharon's college dorm.
(d) In an alley.
8. Why did the taxi driver leave his birth country?
(a) He couldn't bomb his own people any more.
(b) He feared the poverty and disease there.
(c) He is on the run from the mob.
(d) He killed a man and had to flee.
9. What does Estelle's son like about Indian men?
(a) Their totems.
(b) Their healing magic.
(c) Their ceremonies.
(d) Their long hair, colorful clothes, and singing and dancing.
10. What kind of Indian is Sharon?
11. What does Estelle's son say he sometimes feels like instead of her son?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her student.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her friend.
12. What do both Estelle and her son do for a living?
(a) Practice law.
(b) Make Indian jewelry.
(c) Practice medicine.
(d) Teach at a community college.
13. Why do David and Sharon each spend their college graduation day alone?
(a) They break up temporarily because of David's lie.
(b) They are each moving to different cities.
(c) Their families don't like each other.
(d) They graduate from different schools.
14. What identifies the regalia in the pawnshop window as the property of the person to whom Jackson thinks it once belonged?
(a) The red fringe.
(b) A stain on the sleeve.
(c) The design of the beadwork.
(d) A yellow bead under the armpits.
15. What does Jackson try to sell to earn money to redeem the pow-wow regalia from the pawnshop?
(b) His shoes.
(c) His blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the taxi driver study at Oxford?
2. What do Sharon's parents do for a living?
3. What health problem does William have?
4. What does Estelle's answering machine message say she's probably out doing?
5. Who gives Jackson his first twenty dollars for redeeming the pow-wow regalia from the pawn shop?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)