|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do David and Sharon have?
2. What does Estelle's son like about Indian men?
(a) Their healing magic.
(b) Their ceremonies.
(c) Their totems.
(d) Their long hair, colorful clothes, and singing and dancing.
3. What kind of mental problem does Jackson have?
(a) Bipolar disorder.
(b) Asocial disorder.
4. What does Estelle's son say he sometimes feels like instead of her son?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her student.
5. Who is Estelle's son engaged to when he meets the woman he eventually marries?
(a) Estelle, a Spokane Indian woman.
(b) Cynthia, a liberal white woman.
(c) White Flower, a Spokane Indian woman.
(d) Mary, a Crow Indian woman.
6. What did the taxi driver study at Oxford?
7. What does Estelle's answering machine message say she's probably out doing?
(a) Romancing a man.
(b) Parachuting from a plane.
(c) Bungee jumping.
(d) Climbing a dormant volcano.
8. For what physical feature is Estelle's son known?
(a) His cleft chin.
(b) His full lips.
(c) His long eyelashes.
(d) His long hair.
9. What does Marie want William to do instead of catch his plane?
(a) Drive the kids to school.
(b) Go fishing.
(c) Quit his job.
(d) Stay in bed and make love.
10. How much does the pawnshop owner tell Jackson it will cost to redeem the regalia?
(a) Nine hundred and ninety nine dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) One million dollars.
11. What do both Estelle and her son do for a living?
(a) Make Indian jewelry.
(b) Teach at a community college.
(c) Practice law.
(d) Practice medicine.
12. Which of the following is something William does?
(a) Declines to take pills.
(d) Eats processed sugar.
13. How does Jackson get the pow-wow regalia at the end of "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem"?
(a) He wins the lottery and redeems it.
(b) The pawnshop owner gives it to him.
(c) Officer Williams loans him the money to redeem it.
(d) He steals it.
14. What do Estelle and her son frequently forget?
(a) Their students' names.
(b) Their birthdays.
(c) Their address.
(d) Where they park their cars.
15. What story does Sharon tell at every family gathering during her long marriage to David?
(a) Their wedding day story.
(b) Their first meeting story.
(c) Their first child's birth story.
(d) The lost cat story.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sharon calls David a liar at the end of "Do You Know Where I Am?", how many times does David say he has lied to his wife?
2. Why is the regalia Jackson spots in the pawnshop window no longer in the possession of its rightful owner?
3. What does Sharon give David for his fortieth birthday?
4. From where is the taxi driver in "Flight Patterns"?
5. Which of the following statements is not marital advice Estelle gives her son?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)