|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Estelle's son say white people often think Indians are?
(b) Poor and uneducated.
(d) Shamanic geniuses.
2. Who is Estelle's son engaged to when he meets the woman he eventually marries?
(a) Cynthia, a liberal white woman.
(b) Mary, a Crow Indian woman.
(c) Estelle, a Spokane Indian woman.
(d) White Flower, a Spokane Indian woman.
3. What kind of Indian is David?
4. Near the end of "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above," what do Estelle and her son notice on the back of the white dress of a woman walking along the street?
(a) A large blood stain.
(b) A big grass stain.
(c) A large tear.
(d) A paint stain.
5. What kind of Indian is Sharon?
6. Who gives Jackson his first twenty dollars for redeeming the pow-wow regalia from the pawn shop?
(b) Officer Williams.
(c) Rose of Sharon.
(d) The pawnshop owner.
7. Where do David and Sharon meet in "Do You Know Where I Am?"
(a) At high school.
(b) On the Spokane Indian reservation.
(c) In a hamburger restaurant.
(d) At a Catholic college in Seattle.
8. What does Estelle do after she spots the woman in the white dress?
(a) Rolls down her window and beckons the woman.
(b) Stops her car but doesn't get out to assist the woman.
(c) Ignores the woman.
(d) Honks her horn at the woman.
9. What is Estelle's real name in "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above"?
(a) Estelle Miller.
(b) Amanda Sue Dickerson.
(c) Estelle Red Blanket.
(d) Sarah Jane Parker.
10. How long does the pawnshop owner give Jackson to come back with the money to redeem the regalia?
(a) One week.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Twenty-four hours.
11. What kind of women are most of Estelle's friends?
(b) Homeless women.
(c) Spokane Indians.
(d) White liberals.
12. After Jackson spends his lottery winnings, who gives him another twenty-five dollars?
(a) Rose of Sharon.
(c) Officer Williams.
(d) The pawnshop owner.
13. How long has it been since the taxi driver in "Flight Patterns" has seen his children?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) One month.
(d) Many years.
14. Which of the following statements is not marital advice Estelle gives her son?
(b) Give your wife expensive gifts.
(c) Wash dishes.
(d) Do the laundry.
15. What does Jackson try to sell to earn money to redeem the pow-wow regalia from the pawnshop?
(a) His shoes.
(d) His blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does William in "Flight Patterns" always scan airports and airplanes?
2. What does the taxi driver say when passengers ask him if he's East Coast or West Coast?
3. Who does William call at the end of "Flight Patterns"?
4. In "Do You Know Where I Am?", what does David do when the lost cat's owner comes to reclaim him.
5. Which of the following is not a trait Estelle's son identifies as a negative aspect of being an Indian?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)