|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jackson buy with his initial twenty-five dollars?
(a) A haircut and shave.
(c) A hotel room.
2. What kind of Indian is David?
3. In "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem," how long has Jackson been homeless?
(a) Six years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Ten years.
(d) All his life.
4. What kind of women are most of Estelle's friends?
(a) Homeless women.
(b) Spokane Indians.
(d) White liberals.
5. Which of the following is not a trait Estelle's son identifies as a negative aspect of being an Indian?
(a) Misogyny and lateral violence.
(b) Educational opportunities.
(c) Low self-esteem.
6. Which of the following statements is not marital advice Estelle gives her son?
(b) Do the laundry.
(c) Give your wife expensive gifts.
(d) Wash dishes.
7. What do both Estelle and her son do for a living?
(a) Practice medicine.
(b) Make Indian jewelry.
(c) Practice law.
(d) Teach at a community college.
8. What did the taxi driver in "Flight Patterns" do for a living in his birth country?
(a) He was a lawyer.
(b) He was a doctor.
(c) He was a jet-fighter pilot.
(d) He was a rabbi.
9. How is Marie's hair in "Flight Patterns"?
(a) Short and neatly brushed.
(c) Always unkempt and wild.
(d) Dyed blonde.
10. What does Jackson do with his lottery winnings?
(a) Takes a cab ride to the reservation.
(b) Buys Rose of Sharon flowers.
(c) Buys more lottery tickets.
(d) Gives away twenty and spends the rest on alcohol.
11. What did the taxi driver study at Oxford?
12. What does Sharon confess to David one night in "Do You Know Where I Am?"
(a) She's been fired from her job.
(b) She's had an affair.
(c) She's an alcoholic.
(d) She has gambled their mortgage money away.
13. What does Sharon give David for his fortieth birthday?
(a) A T-shirt referring to the lost cat.
(b) A Tarot card reading.
(c) A painting.
(d) A set of golf clubs.
14. How many children do David and Sharon have?
15. When Sharon calls David a liar at the end of "Do You Know Where I Am?", how many times does David say he has lied to his wife?
(b) Countless times.
(c) Ten times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of mental problem does Jackson have?
2. Why do David and Sharon each spend their college graduation day alone?
3. How old is Estelle's son at the beginning of the story?
4. Where do David and Sharon meet in "Do You Know Where I Am?"
5. What feminist book does Estelle make her son read?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)