|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Jackson spends his lottery winnings, who gives him another twenty-five dollars?
(a) Rose of Sharon.
(b) The pawnshop owner.
(c) Officer Williams.
2. How many children do David and Sharon have?
3. Which of the following is something William does?
(b) Declines to take pills.
(c) Eats processed sugar.
4. What do Sharon's parents do for a living?
(a) They own a convenience store.
(b) They're musicians.
(c) They're architects.
(d) They're lawyers.
5. What does Jackson buy with twenty of his last twenty-five dollars?
(a) Food for some hungry and homeless Aleut Indians.
(c) A shave and haircut.
(d) A hotel room.
6. Who are Rose of Sharon and Junior in "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem"?
(a) Homeless friends who hang out with Jackson.
(b) Jackson's neighbors.
(c) Jackson's siblings.
(d) Jackson's children.
7. What does Estelle's son say he sometimes feels like instead of her son?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Her student.
8. What kind of Indian is Sharon?
9. What story does Sharon tell at every family gathering during her long marriage to David?
(a) The lost cat story.
(b) Their first meeting story.
(c) Their wedding day story.
(d) Their first child's birth story.
10. What kind of women are most of Estelle's friends?
(a) Homeless women.
(b) White liberals.
(c) Spokane Indians.
11. What feminist book does Estelle make her son read?
(a) Moving the Mountain.
(b) Our Bodies, Ourselves.
(c) Radical Feminism.
(d) The Feminine Mystique.
12. Why is the regalia Jackson spots in the pawnshop window no longer in the possession of its rightful owner?
(a) The original owner sold it.
(b) The original owner pawned it.
(c) The original owner gave it away.
(d) It was stolen fifty years earlier.
13. What do Estelle and her son frequently forget?
(a) Their address.
(b) Their students' names.
(c) Their birthdays.
(d) Where they park their cars.
14. What did the taxi driver study at Oxford?
15. What two things do David and Sharon have in common when they meet?
(a) They're both sculptors and diabetics.
(b) They're both doctors and Spokane Indians.
(c) They're both Apache Indians and musicians.
(d) They're both Native American and Catholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackson do with his lottery winnings?
2. What did the taxi driver in "Flight Patterns" do for a living in his birth country?
3. What does David's mother do for a living?
4. How much does the pawnshop owner tell Jackson it will cost to redeem the regalia?
5. For what does William in "Flight Patterns" always scan airports and airplanes?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)