|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sharon calls David a liar at the end of "Do You Know Where I Am?", how many times does David say he has lied to his wife?
(a) Ten times.
(c) Countless times.
2. How much does the pawnshop owner tell Jackson it will cost to redeem the regalia?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) One million dollars.
(d) Nine hundred and ninety nine dollars.
3. What happens to Sharon when she and David are sixty-six years old?
(a) She breaks a hip.
(b) She develops a terminal case of cancer.
(c) She catches a burglar.
(d) She falls in love with another man.
4. What does Jackson buy with twenty of his last twenty-five dollars?
(a) A hotel room.
(c) A shave and haircut.
(d) Food for some hungry and homeless Aleut Indians.
5. What does Jackson try to sell to earn money to redeem the pow-wow regalia from the pawnshop?
(a) His shoes.
(c) His blood.
6. How old is Estelle's son at the beginning of the story?
7. In "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem," how long has Jackson been homeless?
(a) Ten years.
(b) All his life.
(c) Six years.
(d) Six months.
8. What does Marie want William to do instead of catch his plane?
(a) Stay in bed and make love.
(b) Quit his job.
(c) Drive the kids to school.
(d) Go fishing.
9. For what physical feature is Estelle's son known?
(a) His cleft chin.
(b) His long hair.
(c) His full lips.
(d) His long eyelashes.
10. Who is Estelle's son engaged to when he meets the woman he eventually marries?
(a) Mary, a Crow Indian woman.
(b) White Flower, a Spokane Indian woman.
(c) Cynthia, a liberal white woman.
(d) Estelle, a Spokane Indian woman.
11. What did the taxi driver study at Oxford?
12. What did the taxi driver in "Flight Patterns" do for a living in his birth country?
(a) He was a lawyer.
(b) He was a rabbi.
(c) He was a jet-fighter pilot.
(d) He was a doctor.
13. How much money does Jackson initially have for redeeming the pow-wow regalia?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Fifty cents.
14. What does Estelle's answering machine message say she's probably out doing?
(a) Parachuting from a plane.
(b) Climbing a dormant volcano.
(c) Romancing a man.
(d) Bungee jumping.
15. What story does Sharon tell at every family gathering during her long marriage to David?
(a) Their first meeting story.
(b) Their first child's birth story.
(c) The lost cat story.
(d) Their wedding day story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things do David and Sharon have in common when they meet?
2. What kind of work does William do?
3. About what does William sometimes fantasize?
4. Why is the regalia Jackson spots in the pawnshop window no longer in the possession of its rightful owner?
5. Which of the following is something William does?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)