|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of work does William do?
(a) He programs computers.
(b) He's an accountant.
(c) He drives a semi.
(d) He's a salesman.
2. How many questions does Sharon tell David he can ask about what she confesses to him?
(d) As many as he wants.
3. What do Estelle and her son frequently forget?
(a) Where they park their cars.
(b) Their address.
(c) Their students' names.
(d) Their birthdays.
4. What does Sharon confess to David one night in "Do You Know Where I Am?"
(a) She's been fired from her job.
(b) She's had an affair.
(c) She's an alcoholic.
(d) She has gambled their mortgage money away.
5. What does Sharon's confession initially make David want to do to her?
(a) Hit her.
(b) Shoot her.
(c) Leave her.
(d) Confess his own affair.
6. In "Do You Know Where I Am?", what does David do when the lost cat's owner comes to reclaim him.
(a) Lie about his role in finding the cat, taking all the credit.
(b) Offer to keep the cat.
(c) Demand a reward.
(d) Hide the cat so he can keep it.
7. What does Jackson buy with his initial twenty-five dollars?
(c) A haircut and shave.
(d) A hotel room.
8. How long does the pawnshop owner give Jackson to come back with the money to redeem the regalia?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Twenty-four hours.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
9. What kind of Indian is Sharon?
10. What does Estelle's son say at the end of the story that he and his mother have done all his life and will keep doing until one eventually buries the other?
(a) Befriended white people.
(b) Supported women's rights.
(c) Loved and failed each other.
(d) Taught at the community college.
11. Who is Estelle's son engaged to when he meets the woman he eventually marries?
(a) Cynthia, a liberal white woman.
(b) Estelle, a Spokane Indian woman.
(c) White Flower, a Spokane Indian woman.
(d) Mary, a Crow Indian woman.
12. Who are Rose of Sharon and Junior in "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem"?
(a) Jackson's neighbors.
(b) Jackson's children.
(c) Jackson's siblings.
(d) Homeless friends who hang out with Jackson.
13. In "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem," how long has Jackson been homeless?
(a) Six years.
(b) Six months.
(c) All his life.
(d) Ten years.
14. In what year does "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above" begin?
15. For what physical feature is Estelle's son known?
(a) His long hair.
(b) His cleft chin.
(c) His long eyelashes.
(d) His full lips.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since the taxi driver in "Flight Patterns" has seen his children?
2. What feminist book does Estelle make her son read?
3. Why is the regalia Jackson spots in the pawnshop window no longer in the possession of its rightful owner?
4. What does Jackson do with his lottery winnings?
5. What does Estelle's son say white people often think Indians are?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)