|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do David and Sharon have?
2. In what year does "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above" begin?
3. Why do David and Sharon each spend their college graduation day alone?
(a) They graduate from different schools.
(b) Their families don't like each other.
(c) They break up temporarily because of David's lie.
(d) They are each moving to different cities.
4. Where do David and Sharon find a lost cat?
(a) In a dumpster.
(b) In Sharon's college dorm.
(c) In an alley.
(d) In some blackberry bushes.
5. What does Sharon give David for his fortieth birthday?
(a) A Tarot card reading.
(b) A set of golf clubs.
(c) A painting.
(d) A T-shirt referring to the lost cat.
6. Whose pow-wow dance regalia does Jackson think he spots in a pawnshop window?
(a) His father's.
(b) His own.
(c) His tribal chief's.
(d) His grandmother's.
7. How much does the pawnshop owner tell Jackson it will cost to redeem the regalia?
(a) One million dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Nine hundred and ninety nine dollars.
8. What does Estelle's son say he sometimes feels like instead of her son?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her student.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her father.
9. What kind of Indian is David?
10. How does Jackson get the pow-wow regalia at the end of "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem"?
(a) The pawnshop owner gives it to him.
(b) He steals it.
(c) He wins the lottery and redeems it.
(d) Officer Williams loans him the money to redeem it.
11. What do Estelle and her son frequently forget?
(a) Their birthdays.
(b) Their address.
(c) Where they park their cars.
(d) Their students' names.
12. What happens to Sharon when she and David are sixty-six years old?
(a) She breaks a hip.
(b) She develops a terminal case of cancer.
(c) She falls in love with another man.
(d) She catches a burglar.
13. Whose music is William listening to at the beginning of "Flight Patterns"?
(a) The Rolling Stones' music.
(b) The Beatles' music.
(c) Madonna's music.
(d) Patsy Cline's music.
14. What health problem does William have?
(c) An ulcer.
(d) High blood pressure.
15. Who are Rose of Sharon and Junior in "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem"?
(a) Jackson's children.
(b) Jackson's siblings.
(c) Jackson's neighbors.
(d) Homeless friends who hang out with Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does William call at the end of "Flight Patterns"?
2. What does Jackson buy with twenty of his last twenty-five dollars?
3. How many questions does Sharon tell David he can ask about what she confesses to him?
4. Which of the following statements is not marital advice Estelle gives her son?
5. What does Marie want William to do instead of catch his plane?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)