|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the taxi driver in "Flight Patterns" do for a living in his birth country?
(a) He was a rabbi.
(b) He was a doctor.
(c) He was a lawyer.
(d) He was a jet-fighter pilot.
2. When Sharon calls David a liar at the end of "Do You Know Where I Am?", how many times does David say he has lied to his wife?
(a) Ten times.
(b) Countless times.
3. How long has it been since the taxi driver in "Flight Patterns" has seen his children?
(a) One month.
(b) Many years.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
4. What does Estelle's son like about Indian men?
(a) Their ceremonies.
(b) Their totems.
(c) Their long hair, colorful clothes, and singing and dancing.
(d) Their healing magic.
5. What does Estelle do after she spots the woman in the white dress?
(a) Stops her car but doesn't get out to assist the woman.
(b) Honks her horn at the woman.
(c) Rolls down her window and beckons the woman.
(d) Ignores the woman.
6. Which of the following is not a trait Estelle's son identifies as a negative aspect of being an Indian?
(a) Educational opportunities.
(b) Misogyny and lateral violence.
(d) Low self-esteem.
7. What does Estelle's son say he sometimes feels like instead of her son?
(a) Her student.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her friend.
8. Whose music is William listening to at the beginning of "Flight Patterns"?
(a) The Rolling Stones' music.
(b) Madonna's music.
(c) The Beatles' music.
(d) Patsy Cline's music.
9. What does Jackson buy with his initial twenty-five dollars?
(b) A hotel room.
(d) A haircut and shave.
10. How much does the pawnshop owner tell Jackson it will cost to redeem the regalia?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) One million dollars.
(d) Nine hundred and ninety nine dollars.
11. What two things do David and Sharon have in common when they meet?
(a) They're both sculptors and diabetics.
(b) They're both Native American and Catholic.
(c) They're both doctors and Spokane Indians.
(d) They're both Apache Indians and musicians.
12. Who are Rose of Sharon and Junior in "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem"?
(a) Jackson's siblings.
(b) Jackson's children.
(c) Jackson's neighbors.
(d) Homeless friends who hang out with Jackson.
13. What does Sharon give David for his fortieth birthday?
(a) A T-shirt referring to the lost cat.
(b) A painting.
(c) A Tarot card reading.
(d) A set of golf clubs.
14. Which of the following statements is not marital advice Estelle gives her son?
(a) Give your wife expensive gifts.
(b) Do the laundry.
(c) Wash dishes.
15. How does Jackson get the pow-wow regalia at the end of "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem"?
(a) Officer Williams loans him the money to redeem it.
(b) He steals it.
(c) He wins the lottery and redeems it.
(d) The pawnshop owner gives it to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once David and she find the cat, what does Sharon remember seeing in the newspaper the previous week?
2. What does Estelle's son say white people often think Indians are?
3. What does David's mother do for a living?
4. How long does the pawnshop owner give Jackson to come back with the money to redeem the regalia?
5. Who does William call at the end of "Flight Patterns"?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)