|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the baby at the end of "Do Not Go Gentle"?
(a) He recovers fully.
(b) He has a partial recovery.
(c) He stays in his coma
(d) He dies.
2. What do the parents of the baby in "Do Not Go Gentle" do at their baby's hospital bedside?
(a) Beat hand drums and sing powwow songs.
(c) Talk to their son as if he can hear them.
3. When the man can't get 911 and dials other numbers to test the phone service after the bombing, what is the only number that answers?
(a) Domino's Pizza.
(b) Lou's Bail Bonds.
(c) The local hospital.
(d) The local newspaper.
4. Where did Richard grow up?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe what Corliss learns about Harlan Atwater when she finally meets him face to face?
(a) He lived everything he wrote in his poems.
(b) He was raised by white adoptive parents, not Indians.
(c) He is a fake.
(d) He never lived on a reservation.
6. Where does "The Search Engine" take place?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
7. In "Can I Get a Witness?", what kind of work does the woman do?
(a) She's a paralegal.
(b) She's a teacher.
(c) She's a dentist.
(d) She's a writer.
8. What does the woman want to drink once she reaches the man's apartment?
9. Who directs Corliss to Harlan Atwater's address?
(a) Corliss's father and uncles.
(b) The campus librarian.
(c) A famous Spokane Indian novelist.
(d) A homeless man she meets outside McDonald's.
10. Which of the following statements does not describe the woman's life in "Can I Get a Witness?"
(a) She's college-educated and making ten dollars an hour.
(b) She's happy with her job and marriage.
(c) She has a husband and two sons.
(d) She's middle-aged.
11. Where does the father in "Do Not Go Gentle" shop for a toy for his baby?
(a) The hospital gift shop.
(b) Toys in Babeland.
(c) The reservation trading post.
(d) Toys R Us.
12. What does Bill say when Richard steals the ball while Bill is dribbling?
(a) Time out.
(b) You cheated.
(d) Do it again and you're dead.
13. How does the woman feel about her children in "Can I Get a Witness?"
(a) She never wanted children.
(b) She loves them.
(c) She wants more children.
(d) She hates them.
14. Which of the following statements describes Richard's mother?
(a) A Spokane Indian poet.
(b) An African American lawyer.
(c) A white college basketball player.
(d) A petite Spokane Indian ballerina.
15. How old is the mother of the ailing baby in "Do Not Go Gentle"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Can I Get a Witness?", where does the woman ask the man to take her?
2. Which of the following does not describe the physical appearance of Corliss?
3. What was the woman in "Can I Get a Witness" doing on September 11th when the World Trade Center attacks occurred?
4. When Corliss searches for information about Harlan Atwater, what does she find out when she e-mails other Indian writers and poets?
5. What does Richard think Bill's problem with dunking really is?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)