|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman want to drink once she reaches the man's apartment?
2. What does Bill say when Richard steals the ball while Bill is dribbling?
(a) Time out.
(b) You cheated.
(d) Do it again and you're dead.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe how the woman in "Can I Get a Witness?" feels about the people who died on September 11th?
(a) None of them deserved to die.
(b) Some of them could have been cheating on their wives.
(c) Some of them could have been abusing their daughters.
(d) Some of them deserved to die.
4. What does the man in "Do Not Go Gentle" overhear in his waking sleep?
(a) Other grieving fathers insulting a fat woman.
(b) Doctors predicting his son will die.
(c) An angel predicting his child will live.
(d) Another grieving father crying over a dying child.
5. What does the man in "Can I Get a Witness?" advise the only person he can get on the phone to do?
(a) Make free pizza for rescue workers.
(b) Help rescue people from the bombing site.
(c) Help him get the woman to a hospital.
(d) Quit his job.
6. What does Bill say when Richard dunks the basketball?
(a) Do it again.
(b) Dunking doesn't count.
(c) Well done.
(d) You'll beat us for sure.
7. What kind of lawyers are most of the players on Steve's team?
(a) Divorce lawyers.
(c) Public defenders.
(d) Tax attorneys.
8. What does Corliss learn about Harlan Atwater from his interview in Radical Seattle Weekly?
(a) He is dying of cancer.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He claims to be sacred, traditional, and connected to his tribe.
(d) He has also written short stories.
9. What does the unnamed man who is the main character of "Do Not Go Gentle" call sorrow?
(a) The Eternal Woe.
(b) The Thunder Bird.
(c) Mr. Grief.
(d) Heart Sickness.
10. What are the parents in "Do Not Go Gentle" and the other parents in the hospital sick and tired of?
(a) Medical bills.
(b) Doctors and nurses.
(c) Hospital cafeteria food.
(d) Waiting for their babies to die.
11. What kind of work does the man in "Can I Get a Witness?" do?
(a) He owns a nightclub.
(b) He tends bar.
(c) He drives a taxi.
(d) He designs computer games.
12. What does Richard think Bill's problem with dunking really is?
(c) A bad temper.
13. How many people die in the bomb explosion in "Can I Get a Witness?"
(a) One hundred.
(b) Forty two.
14. What kind of lawyer is Bill?
(a) A prosecutor.
(b) A public defender.
(c) A tax attorney.
(d) A divorce lawyer.
15. What does Richard imagine at the end of "Lawyer's League"?
(a) Defending his fight with Bill at a press conference.
(b) Being President of the U.S.
(c) Marriage to Theresa.
(d) Winning a basketball championship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who settles a lawsuit out of court in "Lawyer's League"?
2. What do the parents name their baby at the end of "Do Not Go Gentle"?
3. Which of the following statements describes the father of Richard, the narrator in "Lawyer's League"?
4. Why is Corliss drawn to Harlan Atwater's poetry?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe the man who asks the female main character in "Can I Get a Witness" if she's okay after the bombing?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)