|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who settles a lawsuit out of court in "Lawyer's League"?
(a) Richard and Theresa.
(b) Richard and Bill.
(c) Bill and Steve.
(d) Richard and Steve.
2. What do the parents of the baby in "Do Not Go Gentle" do at their baby's hospital bedside?
(c) Beat hand drums and sing powwow songs.
(d) Talk to their son as if he can hear them.
3. At the end of "The Search Engine," what does Corliss ask Harlan Atwater for that he does not give her?
(b) His real name.
(c) A critique of poetry she's written.
4. What does Corliss want to buy the white woman she encounters at the Student Union?
(a) College textbooks.
(b) Poetry books.
(c) A winter coat.
(d) Sandwiches and ice cream.
5. Which of the following does not describe the physical appearance of Corliss?
(a) Tall with thick glasses.
(b) Short and thirty pounds overweight.
(c) Plain-featured with clear, dark brown skin, and long hair.
(d) Large-breasted and wearing red cowboy boots.
6. What does Richard think Bill's problem with dunking really is?
(c) A bad temper.
7. What kind of poetry does Harlan Atwater write in "The Search Engine"?
(c) Free-verse sonnets.
8. What is Bill's nickname in "Lawyer's League"?
(a) Little Bill.
(b) Kobe Bryant.
(c) The Terminator.
(d) Big Bill.
9. In "Can I Get a Witness?", where does the woman ask the man to take her?
(a) To the police.
(b) To his home.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To her home.
10. In "Do Not Go Gentle," how much money does the father think could be collected from the wallets and purses of all his relatives in total?
(a) Less than $20
(b) About $512.
(c) About one million dollars.
(d) About one thousand dollars.
11. What does the unnamed man who is the main character of "Do Not Go Gentle" call sorrow?
(a) Heart Sickness.
(b) The Thunder Bird.
(c) Mr. Grief.
(d) The Eternal Woe.
12. In "Can I Get a Witness?", what kind of work does the woman do?
(a) She's a writer.
(b) She's a paralegal.
(c) She's a teacher.
(d) She's a dentist.
13. What kind of store does the man in "Do Not Go Gentle" mistakenly visit instead of a toy store?
(a) A clothing store.
(b) A sex toy store.
(c) A porn store.
(d) A grocery store.
14. In "Can I Get a Witness?", how does the woman feel about her husband?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She wishes he made more money.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She wishes he were with her.
15. What school does Corliss attend?
(c) Washington State University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard imagine at the end of "Lawyer's League"?
2. Who is the woman unable to find at the beginning of "Can I Get a Witness?"
3. Which of the following statements does not describe the man who asks the female main character in "Can I Get a Witness" if she's okay after the bombing?
4. To where does the man carry the woman at the end of "Can I Get a Witness?"
5. What do the parents name their baby at the end of "Do Not Go Gentle"?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)