|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of toys does the father in "Do Not Go Gentle" intend to buy for his son?
(a) Blocks and a stuffed panda.
(b) Teddy bears, a rattle, and an educational toy.
(c) Interactive toys.
2. Why does Steve in "Lawyer's League" invite Richard to play basketball?
(a) He knows Richard is a good player.
(b) He wants to keep Richard away from Theresa.
(c) He thinks he can beat Richard.
(d) He wants to diversify the team.
3. Where does "The Search Engine" take place?
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. What does Richard imagine at the end of "Lawyer's League"?
(a) Marriage to Theresa.
(b) Defending his fight with Bill at a press conference.
(c) Being President of the U.S.
(d) Winning a basketball championship.
5. How many people die in the bomb explosion in "Can I Get a Witness?"
(b) One hundred.
(c) Forty two.
6. What did the man's ex-wife used to call him in "Can I Get a Witness?"
(a) Honey Bunny.
(b) Big Loser.
(c) Mr. Funny.
(d) Mr. Happy.
7. Where does the father in "Do Not Go Gentle" shop for a toy for his baby?
(a) The hospital gift shop.
(b) The reservation trading post.
(c) Toys in Babeland.
(d) Toys R Us.
8. What kind of store does the man in "Do Not Go Gentle" mistakenly visit instead of a toy store?
(a) A porn store.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A clothing store.
(d) A sex toy store.
9. What are the parents in "Do Not Go Gentle" and the other parents in the hospital sick and tired of?
(a) Waiting for their babies to die.
(b) Hospital cafeteria food.
(c) Doctors and nurses.
(d) Medical bills.
10. Which of the following statements does not describe the man who asks the female main character in "Can I Get a Witness" if she's okay after the bombing?
(a) Twenty pounds overweight.
(b) A tall Asian.
(c) Handsome with kind eyes and a mustache.
(d) A short forty-something Caucasian.
11. What does Corliss want to buy the white woman she encounters at the Student Union?
(a) College textbooks.
(b) Poetry books.
(c) Sandwiches and ice cream.
(d) A winter coat.
12. When the man can't get 911 and dials other numbers to test the phone service after the bombing, what is the only number that answers?
(a) Lou's Bail Bonds.
(b) Domino's Pizza.
(c) The local hospital.
(d) The local newspaper.
13. What kind of work does the man in "Can I Get a Witness?" do?
(a) He tends bar.
(b) He drives a taxi.
(c) He designs computer games.
(d) He owns a nightclub.
14. To what kind of dinner is Richard invited?
(a) A bipartisan lobbyist dinner.
(b) A college graduation dinner.
(c) A basketball team's celebratory dinner.
(d) A Republican campaign dinner.
15. What are Richard's career goals?
(a) To start a restaurant.
(b) To be a pro basketball player.
(c) To be a U.S. senator and then run for president.
(d) To write novels.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman feel about her children in "Can I Get a Witness?"
2. What "dirty secret" does Richard reveal about Indian tribal leaders at the beginning of "Lawyer's League"?
3. Who directs Corliss to Harlan Atwater's address?
4. Where is the man in "Do Not Go Gentle" when he falls into a waking sleep?
5. Where did Richard grow up?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)