|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What identifies the regalia in the pawnshop window as the property of the person to whom Jackson thinks it once belonged?
(a) The red fringe.
(b) A stain on the sleeve.
(c) A yellow bead under the armpits.
(d) The design of the beadwork.
2. How does Corliss pay for the SAT-prep course that won her a dozen academic scholarships for college?
(a) Her grandmother loans her the money.
(b) She collects aluminum cans.
(c) She works as a waitress.
(d) She gets babysitting jobs.
3. What kind of lawyers are most of the players on Steve's team?
(a) Public defenders.
(b) Divorce lawyers.
(d) Tax attorneys.
4. When Bill keeps protesting every basket Richard makes, what do the other lawyers suggest?
(a) That Bill be asked to leave the game.
(b) That Richard challenge Bill.
(c) That Richard go home.
(d) That Bill and Richard both leave the game.
5. What does Marie in "Flight Patterns" do for a living?
(a) She's a teacher.
(b) She's a stay-at-home wife and mom.
(c) She's a secretary.
(d) She's a model.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the parents of the baby in "Do Not Go Gentle" do at their baby's hospital bedside?
2. In "The Search Engine," what is the title of Harlan Atwater's poetry book?
3. At the dinner Richard attends, who does he think he could take home, sleep with, and abandon?
4. In "The Search Engine," what poet does the man in the Student Union quote at the beginning of the story?
5. How do Corliss's father and uncles feel about poetry?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)