|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Corliss want a white roommate?
(a) She wants a male Indian roommate instead.
(b) White people romanticize Indians as wise and spiritual.
(c) She is ashamed of her poverty and thinks whites are rich.
(d) Her tribe wants her to socialize with other Indians only.
2. What does Richard know about the other basketball players from lunchtime games with them?
(a) They hate Indians.
(b) They play well.
(c) They cheat.
(d) They have a violent core inside.
3. What does Corliss learn about Harlan Atwater from his interview in Radical Seattle Weekly?
(a) He is dying of cancer.
(b) He has also written short stories.
(c) He claims to be sacred, traditional, and connected to his tribe.
(d) He is blind.
4. What kind of work does William do?
(a) He's a salesman.
(b) He drives a semi.
(c) He programs computers.
(d) He's an accountant.
5. What does Estelle's son say at the end of the story that he and his mother have done all his life and will keep doing until one eventually buries the other?
(a) Befriended white people.
(b) Supported women's rights.
(c) Taught at the community college.
(d) Loved and failed each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Estelle do after she spots the woman in the white dress?
2. What do Estelle and her son frequently forget?
3. Which of the following statements describes Richard's mother?
4. What do Sharon's parents do for a living?
5. What health problem does William have?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)