|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Corliss want a white roommate?
(a) Her tribe wants her to socialize with other Indians only.
(b) White people romanticize Indians as wise and spiritual.
(c) She wants a male Indian roommate instead.
(d) She is ashamed of her poverty and thinks whites are rich.
2. How old is Corliss in "The Search Engine"?
3. To what city does the woman to whom Richard is attracted at the dinner move?
4. Which of the following is not a trait Estelle's son identifies as a negative aspect of being an Indian?
(a) Low self-esteem.
(b) Misogyny and lateral violence.
(c) Educational opportunities.
5. Which of the following statements is not marital advice Estelle gives her son?
(a) Do the laundry.
(c) Wash dishes.
(d) Give your wife expensive gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe the man who asks the female main character in "Can I Get a Witness" if she's okay after the bombing?
2. How do Corliss's father and uncles feel about poetry?
3. What "dirty secret" does Richard reveal about Indian tribal leaders at the beginning of "Lawyer's League"?
4. What does Jackson say is the only thing at which he's ever been good or effective?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Richard's job experiences?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)