|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of Indian is David?
2. What two things do David and Sharon have in common when they meet?
(a) They're both Apache Indians and musicians.
(b) They're both doctors and Spokane Indians.
(c) They're both sculptors and diabetics.
(d) They're both Native American and Catholic.
3. What kind of toys does the father in "Do Not Go Gentle" intend to buy for his son?
(b) Interactive toys.
(c) Blocks and a stuffed panda.
(d) Teddy bears, a rattle, and an educational toy.
4. Which of the following does not describe Harlan Atwater's physical appearance in "The Search Engine"?
(a) Tall and handsome.
(b) Thick glasses.
(c) Dark-skinned yet pasty.
(d) Short and fat.
5. How many other published Spokane Indian poets are there in "The Search Engine" besides Harlan Atwater?
(b) A dozen.
(c) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the parents of the baby in "Do Not Go Gentle" do at their baby's hospital bedside?
2. What happens when Bill tells Richard to "go home, son"?
3. What does Estelle's son say he sometimes feels like instead of her son?
4. Where do David and Sharon find a lost cat?
5. What does Estelle's son say at the end of the story that he and his mother have done all his life and will keep doing until one eventually buries the other?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)