|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city does the woman to whom Richard is attracted at the dinner move?
2. What does the unnamed man who is the main character of "Do Not Go Gentle" call sorrow?
(a) The Eternal Woe.
(b) Mr. Grief.
(c) The Thunder Bird.
(d) Heart Sickness.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe what Corliss learns about Harlan Atwater when she finally meets him face to face?
(a) He is a fake.
(b) He was raised by white adoptive parents, not Indians.
(c) He never lived on a reservation.
(d) He lived everything he wrote in his poems.
4. What does Richard imagine at the end of "Lawyer's League"?
(a) Being President of the U.S.
(b) Marriage to Theresa.
(c) Defending his fight with Bill at a press conference.
(d) Winning a basketball championship.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe the bomber in "Can I Get a Witness?"
(a) Raised in upper-class comfort.
(b) A doctoral student in economics.
(c) A Palestinian refugee.
(d) A Syrian American born in Seattle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Bill tells Richard to "go home, son"?
2. What does Estelle's answering machine message say she's probably out doing?
3. Why does Steve in "Lawyer's League" invite Richard to play basketball?
4. Which of the following statements does not describe how the woman in "Can I Get a Witness?" feels about the people who died on September 11th?
5. About what does William sometimes fantasize?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)