|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the parents of the baby in "Do Not Go Gentle" do at their baby's hospital bedside?
(b) Talk to their son as if he can hear them.
(d) Beat hand drums and sing powwow songs.
2. In "Can I Get a Witness?", where does the woman ask the man to take her?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To her home.
(c) To the police.
(d) To his home.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Richard's job experiences?
(a) He manages the Native Voices Now voter registration drive.
(b) He worked for the first Chinese American governor in the US.
(c) He interned for the first African American mayor of Seattle.
(d) He edited a Seattle newspaper.
4. What does Bill say when Richard steals the ball while Bill is dribbling?
(a) Time out.
(b) You cheated.
(c) Do it again and you're dead.
5. Who is Estelle's son engaged to when he meets the woman he eventually marries?
(a) White Flower, a Spokane Indian woman.
(b) Estelle, a Spokane Indian woman.
(c) Cynthia, a liberal white woman.
(d) Mary, a Crow Indian woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Estelle's son at the beginning of the story?
2. Which of the following statements is not marital advice Estelle gives her son?
3. What kind of poetry does Harlan Atwater write in "The Search Engine"?
4. Which of the following does not describe Harlan Atwater's physical appearance in "The Search Engine"?
5. To where does the man carry the woman at the end of "Can I Get a Witness?"
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)