|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is something the man and his wife in "Do Not Go Gentle" do with Chocolate Thunder?
(a) Give it to a neighbor.
(b) Hang it over their baby's crib as a mobile.
(c) Use it as a paperweight.
(d) Bury it.
2. How old is Estelle's son at the beginning of the story?
3. Which of the following statements describes Richard's mother?
(a) A white college basketball player.
(b) A petite Spokane Indian ballerina.
(c) An African American lawyer.
(d) A Spokane Indian poet.
4. Which of the following statements is not marital advice Estelle gives her son?
(a) Give your wife expensive gifts.
(c) Do the laundry.
(d) Wash dishes.
5. What school does Corliss attend?
(b) Washington State University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill say when Richard dunks the basketball?
2. About what does William sometimes fantasize?
3. According to the librarian, how many other people have checked out Harlan Atwater's book before Corliss?
4. What happens when Bill tells Richard to "go home, son"?
5. Why is Richard surprised to be invited to play basketball in a lawyer's league?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)