|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Estelle do after she spots the woman in the white dress?
(a) Ignores the woman.
(b) Stops her car but doesn't get out to assist the woman.
(c) Rolls down her window and beckons the woman.
(d) Honks her horn at the woman.
2. What do the parents of the baby in "Do Not Go Gentle" do at their baby's hospital bedside?
(a) Beat hand drums and sing powwow songs.
(c) Talk to their son as if he can hear them.
3. Whose music is William listening to at the beginning of "Flight Patterns"?
(a) Madonna's music.
(b) The Rolling Stones' music.
(c) Patsy Cline's music.
(d) The Beatles' music.
4. What did the man's ex-wife used to call him in "Can I Get a Witness?"
(a) Mr. Happy.
(b) Big Loser.
(c) Honey Bunny.
(d) Mr. Funny.
5. What does the woman want to drink once she reaches the man's apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Search Engine," what is the title of Harlan Atwater's poetry book?
2. What is Estelle's real name in "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above"?
3. Who settles a lawsuit out of court in "Lawyer's League"?
4. What does Estelle's son say white people often think Indians are?
5. When Corliss searches for information about Harlan Atwater, what does she find out when she e-mails other Indian writers and poets?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)