|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Do Not Go Gentle".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the woman respond when the man asks her if she was inside the place that just got bombed?
(a) She says yes.
(b) She lies and says no.
(c) She says nothing.
(d) She faints.
2. What are Richard's career goals?
(a) To be a U.S. senator and then run for president.
(b) To be a pro basketball player.
(c) To write novels.
(d) To start a restaurant.
3. Where did Richard grow up?
4. How does Corliss pay for the SAT-prep course that won her a dozen academic scholarships for college?
(a) She collects aluminum cans.
(b) She works as a waitress.
(c) Her grandmother loans her the money.
(d) She gets babysitting jobs.
5. What kind of work does the man in "Can I Get a Witness?" do?
(a) He designs computer games.
(b) He drives a taxi.
(c) He tends bar.
(d) He owns a nightclub.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in "Do Not Go Gentle" overhear in his waking sleep?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe how the woman has fantasized she would behave if she had been caught in the Twin Towers on September 11th?
3. In "Can I Get a Witness?", what kind of work does the woman do?
4. What does Corliss want to buy the white woman she encounters at the Student Union?
5. Why do crowds gather to listen to the man and his wife in "Do Not Go Gentle"?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)