|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Do Not Go Gentle".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corliss want to buy the white woman she encounters at the Student Union?
(a) A winter coat.
(b) College textbooks.
(c) Poetry books.
(d) Sandwiches and ice cream.
2. Why is Corliss drawn to Harlan Atwater's poetry?
(a) Atwater's poetry is taught in her English Lit classes.
(b) Atwater writes nature poems.
(c) Atwater writes love poems.
(d) Atwater is a Spokane Indian like her.
3. Why doesn't Corliss want a white roommate?
(a) She wants a male Indian roommate instead.
(b) Her tribe wants her to socialize with other Indians only.
(c) She is ashamed of her poverty and thinks whites are rich.
(d) White people romanticize Indians as wise and spiritual.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Richard's job experiences?
(a) He edited a Seattle newspaper.
(b) He interned for the first African American mayor of Seattle.
(c) He manages the Native Voices Now voter registration drive.
(d) He worked for the first Chinese American governor in the US.
5. What does Corliss learn about Harlan Atwater from his interview in Radical Seattle Weekly?
(a) He has also written short stories.
(b) He is dying of cancer.
(c) He claims to be sacred, traditional, and connected to his tribe.
(d) He is blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Corliss in "The Search Engine"?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe the woman's life in "Can I Get a Witness?"
3. How does the woman feel about her children in "Can I Get a Witness?"
4. How old is the female main character of "Can I Get a Witness?"
5. What kind of toys does the father in "Do Not Go Gentle" intend to buy for his son?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)