|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Do Not Go Gentle".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Corliss searches for information about Harlan Atwater, what does she find out from the Spokane Indian tribe?
(a) Atwater is from a large and well known Spokane family.
(b) Atwater is an alcoholic.
(c) His father was also a poet.
(d) Nothing, no one has ever heard of him.
2. At the dinner Richard attends, how many other single people are seated at his table?
3. Which of the following statements describes Richard's mother?
(a) A petite Spokane Indian ballerina.
(b) A Spokane Indian poet.
(c) A white college basketball player.
(d) An African American lawyer.
4. Where does "The Search Engine" take place?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
5. Which of the following statements describes the father of Richard, the narrator in "Lawyer's League"?
(a) An African American politician.
(b) An African American who played defensive end in college.
(c) A Spokane Indian pro basketball star.
(d) A white pro basketball player.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Can I Get a Witness?", how does the woman feel about her husband?
2. What does Corliss want to buy the white woman she encounters at the Student Union?
3. When Corliss searches for information about Harlan Atwater, what does she find out when she e-mails other Indian writers and poets?
4. What do the parents name their baby at the end of "Do Not Go Gentle"?
5. At the end of "The Search Engine," what does Corliss ask Harlan Atwater for that he does not give her?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)