|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Do Not Go Gentle".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does the man carry the woman at the end of "Can I Get a Witness?"
(a) To the police.
(b) To his bed to make love to her.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To her home.
2. When Corliss searches for information about Harlan Atwater, what does she find out from the Spokane Indian tribe?
(a) Atwater is an alcoholic.
(b) His father was also a poet.
(c) Nothing, no one has ever heard of him.
(d) Atwater is from a large and well known Spokane family.
3. What happens when Corliss calls Harlan Atwater on the phone?
(a) Atwater invites her to his home.
(b) Although flattered by the call, Atwater hangs up on her.
(c) Atwater invites her to his next poetry reading.
(d) Atwater flirts with her.
4. How does the woman respond when the man asks her if she was inside the place that just got bombed?
(a) She lies and says no.
(b) She says nothing.
(c) She faints.
(d) She says yes.
5. In "The Search Engine," what poet does the man in the Student Union quote at the beginning of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city does the woman to whom Richard is attracted at the dinner move?
2. Who is the woman unable to find at the beginning of "Can I Get a Witness?"
3. What does Corliss want to buy the white woman she encounters at the Student Union?
4. How many other published Spokane Indian poets are there in "The Search Engine" besides Harlan Atwater?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe the bomber in "Can I Get a Witness?"
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)