|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Do Not Go Gentle".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richard not become involved with the woman to whom he is so attracted at the dinner he attends?
(a) She would not be a wise choice for his political career.
(b) She is pregnant with another man's child.
(c) She has cancer.
(d) She is married to his boss.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe the bomber in "Can I Get a Witness?"
(a) A Palestinian refugee.
(b) A doctoral student in economics.
(c) A Syrian American born in Seattle.
(d) Raised in upper-class comfort.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe the woman's life in "Can I Get a Witness?"
(a) She's happy with her job and marriage.
(b) She's college-educated and making ten dollars an hour.
(c) She has a husband and two sons.
(d) She's middle-aged.
4. What kind of work does the man in "Can I Get a Witness?" do?
(a) He owns a nightclub.
(b) He tends bar.
(c) He drives a taxi.
(d) He designs computer games.
5. What did the man's ex-wife used to call him in "Can I Get a Witness?"
(a) Big Loser.
(b) Honey Bunny.
(c) Mr. Funny.
(d) Mr. Happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bill's nickname in "Lawyer's League"?
2. Where does the father in "Do Not Go Gentle" shop for a toy for his baby?
3. What do the man and woman in "Can I Get a Witness?" each think about when they first meet?
4. Why doesn't Corliss want a white roommate?
5. In "Can I Get a Witness?", what kind of work does the woman do?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)