|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Can I Get a Witness?".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements describes the father of Richard, the narrator in "Lawyer's League"?
(a) A white pro basketball player.
(b) An African American politician.
(c) A Spokane Indian pro basketball star.
(d) An African American who played defensive end in college.
2. When Corliss searches for information about Harlan Atwater, what does she find out from the Spokane Indian tribe?
(a) His father was also a poet.
(b) Atwater is from a large and well known Spokane family.
(c) Nothing, no one has ever heard of him.
(d) Atwater is an alcoholic.
3. At the dinner Richard attends, who does he think he could take home, sleep with, and abandon?
(a) The Democrat wife.
(c) An Indian woman at his table.
(d) A black woman at his table.
4. How do Corliss's father and uncles feel about poetry?
(a) They love to set poetry to music.
(b) They hate poetry.
(c) They love poetry.
(d) They like only Native American poetry.
5. Where does "The Search Engine" take place?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who settles a lawsuit out of court in "Lawyer's League"?
2. Which of the following does not describe Harlan Atwater's physical appearance in "The Search Engine"?
3. When Bill keeps protesting every basket Richard makes, what do the other lawyers suggest?
4. Why does Steve in "Lawyer's League" invite Richard to play basketball?
5. What kind of lawyers are most of the players on Steve's team?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)