|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Can I Get a Witness?".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe how the woman has fantasized she would behave if she had been caught in the Twin Towers on September 11th?
(a) She would have helped them escape the Twin Towers.
(b) She would have disappeared.
(c) She would have let her family think she had died.
(d) She would have walked away and started a new life.
2. What was the woman in "Can I Get a Witness" doing on September 11th when the World Trade Center attacks occurred?
(a) Collating files at the law firm where she works.
(b) Taking her children to school.
(c) Shopping in New York.
(d) Flying to Washington, DC.
3. How old is the female main character of "Can I Get a Witness?"
4. What does Richard imagine at the end of "Lawyer's League"?
(a) Winning a basketball championship.
(b) Defending his fight with Bill at a press conference.
(c) Being President of the U.S.
(d) Marriage to Theresa.
5. What do the man and woman in "Can I Get a Witness?" each think about when they first meet?
(a) Whether they will die.
(b) Where they can find safety.
(c) Whether they can trust each other.
(d) Sleeping together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the man's ex-wife used to call him in "Can I Get a Witness?"
2. Why is Richard surprised to be invited to play basketball in a lawyer's league?
3. What school does Corliss attend?
4. Why doesn't Corliss own her own computer?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe the man who asks the female main character in "Can I Get a Witness" if she's okay after the bombing?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)