|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Can I Get a Witness?".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Richard grow up?
2. What kind of work does the man in "Can I Get a Witness?" do?
(a) He drives a taxi.
(b) He designs computer games.
(c) He owns a nightclub.
(d) He tends bar.
3. How old is the female main character of "Can I Get a Witness?"
4. What does the woman want to drink once she reaches the man's apartment?
5. What are Richard's career goals?
(a) To be a U.S. senator and then run for president.
(b) To write novels.
(c) To start a restaurant.
(d) To be a pro basketball player.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements describes Richard's mother?
2. What happens when Bill tells Richard to "go home, son"?
3. What is the woman who is the main character of "Can I Get a Witness?" doing at the beginning of the story?
4. What kind of poetry does Harlan Atwater write in "The Search Engine"?
5. At the end of "The Search Engine," what does Corliss ask Harlan Atwater for that he does not give her?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)