|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Can I Get a Witness?".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Can I Get a Witness?", where does the woman ask the man to take her?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To her home.
(c) To his home.
(d) To the police.
2. Which of the following statements describes Richard's mother?
(a) An African American lawyer.
(b) A Spokane Indian poet.
(c) A petite Spokane Indian ballerina.
(d) A white college basketball player.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe the man who asks the female main character in "Can I Get a Witness" if she's okay after the bombing?
(a) A short forty-something Caucasian.
(b) Handsome with kind eyes and a mustache.
(c) Twenty pounds overweight.
(d) A tall Asian.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe how the woman in "Can I Get a Witness?" feels about the people who died on September 11th?
(a) None of them deserved to die.
(b) Some of them could have been abusing their daughters.
(c) Some of them could have been cheating on their wives.
(d) Some of them deserved to die.
5. What does Bill say when Richard steals the ball while Bill is dribbling?
(a) You cheated.
(b) Time out.
(c) Do it again and you're dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Richard's career goals?
2. What does Richard think Bill's problem with dunking really is?
3. How does Corliss pay for the SAT-prep course that won her a dozen academic scholarships for college?
4. At the dinner Richard attends, who does he think he could take home, sleep with, and abandon?
5. When Corliss searches for information about Harlan Atwater, what does she find out from the Spokane Indian tribe?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)