|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Lawyer's League".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Search Engine," what is the title of Harlan Atwater's poetry book?
(a) In the Reservation of My Mind.
(c) Soul Sonnets.
(d) Indian Heart Songs.
2. At the end of "The Search Engine," what does Corliss ask Harlan Atwater for that he does not give her?
(b) His real name.
(d) A critique of poetry she's written.
3. What does Richard know about the other basketball players from lunchtime games with them?
(a) They have a violent core inside.
(b) They play well.
(c) They hate Indians.
(d) They cheat.
4. Where does "The Search Engine" take place?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
5. What kind of poetry does Harlan Atwater write in "The Search Engine"?
(b) Free-verse sonnets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corliss want to buy the white woman she encounters at the Student Union?
2. Who directs Corliss to Harlan Atwater's address?
3. At the dinner Richard attends, how many other single people are seated at his table?
4. Who settles a lawsuit out of court in "Lawyer's League"?
5. Why does Steve in "Lawyer's League" invite Richard to play basketball?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)