|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Lawyer's League".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of poetry does Harlan Atwater write in "The Search Engine"?
(a) Free-verse sonnets.
2. What are Richard's career goals?
(a) To be a pro basketball player.
(b) To start a restaurant.
(c) To write novels.
(d) To be a U.S. senator and then run for president.
3. What does Bill say when Richard steals the ball while Bill is dribbling?
(a) You cheated.
(b) Time out.
(d) Do it again and you're dead.
4. Who directs Corliss to Harlan Atwater's address?
(a) A famous Spokane Indian novelist.
(b) The campus librarian.
(c) A homeless man she meets outside McDonald's.
(d) Corliss's father and uncles.
5. In "The Search Engine," what poet does the man in the Student Union quote at the beginning of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richard not become involved with the woman to whom he is so attracted at the dinner he attends?
2. What does Richard think Bill's problem with dunking really is?
3. To what city does the woman to whom Richard is attracted at the dinner move?
4. Which of the following statements does not describe what Corliss learns about Harlan Atwater when she finally meets him face to face?
5. How does Corliss pay for the SAT-prep course that won her a dozen academic scholarships for college?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)