|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Lawyer's League".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corliss learn about Harlan Atwater from his interview in Radical Seattle Weekly?
(a) He has also written short stories.
(b) He claims to be sacred, traditional, and connected to his tribe.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is dying of cancer.
2. At the dinner Richard attends, how many other single people are seated at his table?
3. Why doesn't Corliss want a white roommate?
(a) White people romanticize Indians as wise and spiritual.
(b) She wants a male Indian roommate instead.
(c) She is ashamed of her poverty and thinks whites are rich.
(d) Her tribe wants her to socialize with other Indians only.
4. What happens when Corliss calls Harlan Atwater on the phone?
(a) Atwater invites her to his next poetry reading.
(b) Atwater invites her to his home.
(c) Atwater flirts with her.
(d) Although flattered by the call, Atwater hangs up on her.
5. At the dinner Richard attends, who does he think he could take home, sleep with, and abandon?
(a) A black woman at his table.
(b) An Indian woman at his table.
(d) The Democrat wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Corliss own her own computer?
2. When Corliss searches for information about Harlan Atwater, what does she find out when she e-mails other Indian writers and poets?
3. Which of the following is not a way Corliss gets a prep school education in high school without attending an expensive prep school?
4. What does Richard imagine at the end of "Lawyer's League"?
5. Why is Richard surprised to be invited to play basketball in a lawyer's league?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)