|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Lawyer's League".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard think Bill's problem with dunking really is?
(d) A bad temper.
2. How old is Corliss in "The Search Engine"?
3. Why doesn't Corliss want a white roommate?
(a) She wants a male Indian roommate instead.
(b) She is ashamed of her poverty and thinks whites are rich.
(c) White people romanticize Indians as wise and spiritual.
(d) Her tribe wants her to socialize with other Indians only.
4. What happens when Bill tells Richard to "go home, son"?
(a) Richard goes home.
(b) Richard punches Bill and breaks his nose.
(c) Richard cusses Bill out.
(d) Richard throws water on Bill.
5. Why does Richard not become involved with the woman to whom he is so attracted at the dinner he attends?
(a) She is pregnant with another man's child.
(b) She is married to his boss.
(c) She has cancer.
(d) She would not be a wise choice for his political career.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Search Engine," what poet does the man in the Student Union quote at the beginning of the story?
2. How does Corliss pay for the SAT-prep course that won her a dozen academic scholarships for college?
3. Why does Steve in "Lawyer's League" invite Richard to play basketball?
4. When Corliss searches for information about Harlan Atwater, what does she find out when she e-mails other Indian writers and poets?
5. What kind of lawyers are most of the players on Steve's team?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)