|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the baby at the end of "Do Not Go Gentle"?
(a) He recovers fully.
(b) He stays in his coma
(c) He dies.
(d) He has a partial recovery.
2. What is the woman who is the main character of "Can I Get a Witness?" doing at the beginning of the story?
(a) Eating lunch at a restaurant.
(b) Working at a law firm.
(c) Taking her child to school.
(d) Having an affair.
3. What does Bill say when Richard dunks the basketball?
(a) Dunking doesn't count.
(b) You'll beat us for sure.
(c) Do it again.
(d) Well done.
4. Where do David and Sharon find a lost cat?
(a) In some blackberry bushes.
(b) In an alley.
(c) In a dumpster.
(d) In Sharon's college dorm.
5. What does the taxi driver say when passengers ask him if he's East Coast or West Coast?
(a) I'm East Coast.
(b) I'm West Coast.
(c) I'm Ivory Coast.
(d) I'm both coasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Corliss pay for the SAT-prep course that won her a dozen academic scholarships for college?
2. In "The Search Engine," what is the title of Harlan Atwater's poetry book?
3. Where did Richard grow up?
4. Which of the following statements does not describe the woman's life in "Can I Get a Witness?"
5. Which of the following statements describes the father of Richard, the narrator in "Lawyer's League"?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)