|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "What You Pawn, I Will Redeem".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Corliss own her own computer?
(a) She doesn't need to use computers for her classes.
(b) She doesn't like computers.
(c) She doesn't know how to use a computer.
(d) She's too poor to afford one.
2. What does Richard know about the other basketball players from lunchtime games with them?
(a) They cheat.
(b) They play well.
(c) They have a violent core inside.
(d) They hate Indians.
3. How does the woman respond when the man asks her if she was inside the place that just got bombed?
(a) She says nothing.
(b) She says yes.
(c) She lies and says no.
(d) She faints.
4. At the end of "The Search Engine," what does Corliss ask Harlan Atwater for that he does not give her?
(a) His real name.
(c) A critique of poetry she's written.
5. What identifies the regalia in the pawnshop window as the property of the person to whom Jackson thinks it once belonged?
(a) The red fringe.
(b) The design of the beadwork.
(c) A stain on the sleeve.
(d) A yellow bead under the armpits.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does "The Life and Times of Estelle Walks Above" begin?
2. To where does the man carry the woman at the end of "Can I Get a Witness?"
3. What did the taxi driver in "Flight Patterns" do for a living in his birth country?
4. Why is Richard surprised to be invited to play basketball in a lawyer's league?
5. What kind of Indian is David?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)