|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Can I Get a Witness?".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements describes the father of Richard, the narrator in "Lawyer's League"?
(a) A Spokane Indian pro basketball star.
(b) An African American who played defensive end in college.
(c) An African American politician.
(d) A white pro basketball player.
2. How does the woman respond when the man asks her if she was inside the place that just got bombed?
(a) She lies and says no.
(b) She says nothing.
(c) She says yes.
(d) She faints.
3. To what city does the woman to whom Richard is attracted at the dinner move?
4. Who directs Corliss to Harlan Atwater's address?
(a) A homeless man she meets outside McDonald's.
(b) Corliss's father and uncles.
(c) A famous Spokane Indian novelist.
(d) The campus librarian.
5. According to the librarian, how many other people have checked out Harlan Atwater's book before Corliss?
(b) One hundred.
(c) One thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bill's nickname in "Lawyer's League"?
2. When Corliss searches for information about Harlan Atwater, what does she find out when she e-mails other Indian writers and poets?
3. What kind of lawyer is Bill?
4. What does Corliss learn about Harlan Atwater from his interview in Radical Seattle Weekly?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe the bomber in "Can I Get a Witness?"
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)