|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Can I Get a Witness?".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements describes the father of Richard, the narrator in "Lawyer's League"?
(a) An African American politician.
(b) A white pro basketball player.
(c) An African American who played defensive end in college.
(d) A Spokane Indian pro basketball star.
2. Why does Steve in "Lawyer's League" invite Richard to play basketball?
(a) He knows Richard is a good player.
(b) He wants to diversify the team.
(c) He wants to keep Richard away from Theresa.
(d) He thinks he can beat Richard.
3. Who settles a lawsuit out of court in "Lawyer's League"?
(a) Richard and Steve.
(b) Richard and Bill.
(c) Richard and Theresa.
(d) Bill and Steve.
4. What does Bill say when Richard dunks the basketball?
(a) You'll beat us for sure.
(b) Dunking doesn't count.
(c) Do it again.
(d) Well done.
5. In "The Search Engine," what is the title of Harlan Atwater's poetry book?
(a) Indian Heart Songs.
(b) Soul Sonnets.
(c) In the Reservation of My Mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the man can't get 911 and dials other numbers to test the phone service after the bombing, what is the only number that answers?
2. How does the woman feel about her children in "Can I Get a Witness?"
3. What does the man in "Can I Get a Witness?" advise the only person he can get on the phone to do?
4. When Bill keeps protesting every basket Richard makes, what do the other lawyers suggest?
5. What do the man and woman in "Can I Get a Witness?" each think about when they first meet?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)