|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Can I Get a Witness?".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of lawyer is Bill?
(a) A divorce lawyer.
(b) A prosecutor.
(c) A tax attorney.
(d) A public defender.
2. How does the woman feel about her children in "Can I Get a Witness?"
(a) She never wanted children.
(b) She hates them.
(c) She loves them.
(d) She wants more children.
3. What happens to the woman after she has a laughing, crying, kicking fit on the man's carpet?
(a) She falls and hits her head.
(b) She has a seizure.
(c) She throws up.
(d) She tries to seduce the man.
4. Why doesn't Corliss want a white roommate?
(a) White people romanticize Indians as wise and spiritual.
(b) She wants a male Indian roommate instead.
(c) She is ashamed of her poverty and thinks whites are rich.
(d) Her tribe wants her to socialize with other Indians only.
5. At the dinner Richard attends, who does he think he could take home, sleep with, and abandon?
(b) An Indian woman at his table.
(c) The Democrat wife.
(d) A black woman at his table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corliss learn about Harlan Atwater from his interview in Radical Seattle Weekly?
2. Which of the following does not describe Harlan Atwater's physical appearance in "The Search Engine"?
3. In "Can I Get a Witness?", how does the woman feel about her husband?
4. When Bill keeps protesting every basket Richard makes, what do the other lawyers suggest?
5. Why is Corliss drawn to Harlan Atwater's poetry?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)