|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Can I Get a Witness?".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Can I Get a Witness?", where does the woman ask the man to take her?
(a) To her home.
(b) To the police.
(c) To his home.
(d) To the hospital.
2. How do Corliss's father and uncles feel about poetry?
(a) They hate poetry.
(b) They like only Native American poetry.
(c) They love poetry.
(d) They love to set poetry to music.
3. At the dinner Richard attends, who does he think he could take home, sleep with, and abandon?
(a) A black woman at his table.
(c) The Democrat wife.
(d) An Indian woman at his table.
4. How does the woman respond when the man asks her if she was inside the place that just got bombed?
(a) She lies and says no.
(b) She faints.
(c) She says nothing.
(d) She says yes.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe the bomber in "Can I Get a Witness?"
(a) A doctoral student in economics.
(b) Raised in upper-class comfort.
(c) A Syrian American born in Seattle.
(d) A Palestinian refugee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corliss learn about Harlan Atwater from his interview in Radical Seattle Weekly?
2. Why does Richard not become involved with the woman to whom he is so attracted at the dinner he attends?
3. What are Richard's career goals?
4. How many people survive the bomb explosion?
5. At the dinner Richard attends, how many other single people are seated at his table?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)