|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Flight Patterns".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Search Engine," what poet does the man in the Student Union quote at the beginning of the story?
2. How old is Corliss in "The Search Engine"?
3. Which of the following does not describe Harlan Atwater's physical appearance in "The Search Engine"?
(a) Thick glasses.
(b) Short and fat.
(c) Tall and handsome.
(d) Dark-skinned yet pasty.
4. When Corliss searches for information about Harlan Atwater, what does she find out from the Spokane Indian tribe?
(a) Atwater is from a large and well known Spokane family.
(b) Nothing, no one has ever heard of him.
(c) Atwater is an alcoholic.
(d) His father was also a poet.
5. At the dinner Richard attends, who does he think he could take home, sleep with, and abandon?
(a) A black woman at his table.
(b) The Democrat wife.
(c) An Indian woman at his table.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what kind of dinner is Richard invited?
2. What kind of toys does the father in "Do Not Go Gentle" intend to buy for his son?
3. Why is Corliss drawn to Harlan Atwater's poetry?
4. What are Richard's career goals?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Richard's job experiences?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)