|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Flight Patterns".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Richard's career goals?
(a) To start a restaurant.
(b) To be a pro basketball player.
(c) To be a U.S. senator and then run for president.
(d) To write novels.
2. What does Bill say when Richard dunks the basketball?
(a) Do it again.
(b) Well done.
(c) You'll beat us for sure.
(d) Dunking doesn't count.
3. When Corliss searches for information about Harlan Atwater, what does she find out from the Spokane Indian tribe?
(a) Atwater is an alcoholic.
(b) Atwater is from a large and well known Spokane family.
(c) Nothing, no one has ever heard of him.
(d) His father was also a poet.
4. Which of the following does not describe Harlan Atwater's physical appearance in "The Search Engine"?
(a) Short and fat.
(b) Dark-skinned yet pasty.
(c) Thick glasses.
(d) Tall and handsome.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe the man who asks the female main character in "Can I Get a Witness" if she's okay after the bombing?
(a) A short forty-something Caucasian.
(b) Handsome with kind eyes and a mustache.
(c) Twenty pounds overweight.
(d) A tall Asian.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman feel about her children in "Can I Get a Witness?"
2. What did the taxi driver in "Flight Patterns" do for a living in his birth country?
3. What happens to the baby at the end of "Do Not Go Gentle"?
4. Why doesn't Corliss want a white roommate?
5. What is the woman who is the main character of "Can I Get a Witness?" doing at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)