|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Flight Patterns".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "dirty secret" does Richard reveal about Indian tribal leaders at the beginning of "Lawyer's League"?
(a) Many are functionally illiterate.
(b) Many become alcoholics.
(c) Many embezzle tribal funds.
(d) Many engage in extramarital affairs.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe the woman's life in "Can I Get a Witness?"
(a) She's college-educated and making ten dollars an hour.
(b) She's middle-aged.
(c) She has a husband and two sons.
(d) She's happy with her job and marriage.
3. Who is the woman unable to find at the beginning of "Can I Get a Witness?"
(a) Her waiter.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her boss.
(d) Her sons.
4. In "The Search Engine," what poet does the man in the Student Union quote at the beginning of the story?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Richard's job experiences?
(a) He worked for the first Chinese American governor in the US.
(b) He manages the Native Voices Now voter registration drive.
(c) He interned for the first African American mayor of Seattle.
(d) He edited a Seattle newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Corliss own her own computer?
2. What do the parents name their baby at the end of "Do Not Go Gentle"?
3. How do Corliss's father and uncles feel about poetry?
4. What does William's daughter in "Flight Patterns" fear will happen to him after September 11th?
5. What health problem does William have?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)