Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After sending Ariel to release the men from the cave, what does Prospero vow to do?
2. What does Prospero order Ariel to fetch when he is ready to reveal his identity to the men?
3. In Act IV, Scene I, how is Prospero feeling toward Caliban?
4. What does Gonzalo contrast to the character of his present company during the banquet?
5. What is Prospero surprised at when Ariel tells him that Antonio, Alonso, Sebastian and Gonzalo are upset and remorseful?
Shakespearean plays tend to have comic relief characters to lighten the drama that is taking place. Describe the characters involved in the Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano trio. What are the comical elements of their scenes? How do they make light of the more serious subplots in the play? What do their scenes do for the play's plot?
"We are such stuff/As dreams are made on." Who says this in a famous soliloquy in "The Tempest?" What is the meaning of this verse? What is its significance in regard to the rest of the play?
Symbolically, what does the scene involving Caliban, Trinculo, Stephano and the gaudy clothing mean? When Trinculo and Stephano put the clothes on, what and who do they represent?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)