Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After sending Ariel to release the men from the cave, what does Prospero vow to do?
2. What does Prospero order Ariel to fetch when he is ready to reveal his identity to the men?
3. In Act IV, Scene I, how is Prospero feeling toward Caliban?
4. What does Gonzalo contrast to the character of his present company during the banquet?
5. What is Prospero surprised at when Ariel tells him that Antonio, Alonso, Sebastian and Gonzalo are upset and remorseful?
The exposition of a story is the anchor that grounds all details of the plot. However, the placement of exposition within a story can vary. What is your understanding of the exposition in "The Tempest?" Where does it take place? Why does it take place at that point in the play? What is the significance of that placement?
What is the significance of Miranda and Ferdinand's union? Is it true love, or a scheme orchestrated by Prospero? What role does it play in "The Tempest?" Cite specific examples from the text.
Antonio used Prospero and took advantage of him fifteen years prior to the play in Milan. Can it be argued that Alonso was as much a victim of Antonio's manipulation as Prospero was? What about Sebastian? Support your argument with examples from the text.
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)