Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After sending Ariel to release the men from the cave, what does Prospero vow to do?
2. What does Prospero order Ariel to fetch when he is ready to reveal his identity to the men?
3. In Act IV, Scene I, how is Prospero feeling toward Caliban?
4. What does Gonzalo contrast to the character of his present company during the banquet?
5. What is Prospero surprised at when Ariel tells him that Antonio, Alonso, Sebastian and Gonzalo are upset and remorseful?
Essay Topic 1
Prospero is a puppet master. Evaluate this statement by examining his relationships with others and why you believe it to be true or false. Cite examples from the play that prove or disprove this statement.
Essay Topic 2
Is Caliban a monster? Is he simply a product of his environment? Argue this question, citing specific examples from the play that either prove or disprove his humanity. What do you think Shakespeare intended?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Miranda and Ferdinand's union? Is it true love, or a scheme orchestrated by Prospero? What role does it play in "The Tempest?" Cite specific examples from the text.
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)