|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to render Ferdinand defenseless after he draws his sword, Prospero
(a) uses his magic to send him back to the ship.
(b) uses his magic to immobilize him.
(c) talks to him sensibly.
(d) threatens to take Miranda away.
2. What does Miranda regret doing while talking to Ferdinand?
(a) Not acting ladylike.
(b) Offering to help him.
(c) Going against her father's wishes.
(d) Telling him her name.
3. Who thwarts Antonio's and Sebastian's plan in Act II, Scene I?
4. The beginning of The Tempest takes place
(a) In Milan.
(b) At sea.
(c) In Tunis.
(d) At a wedding ceremony.
5. Trinculo wants to take Caliban back to where?
Short Answer Questions
1. Prospero tells Miranda that in order to usurp his power, Antonio allied himself with
2. Why does Ariel leave Antonio and Sebastian awake?
3. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
4. Prospero and Miranda were given provisions and books on the boat by
5. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)