|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Caliban wanted to populate the island with
(a) Coconut trees.
(c) Other spirits.
(d) His children.
2. Antonio castigates the Boatswain during the storm, because he believes the sailors are
3. What do Antonio and Sebastian plan to do in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Assassinate Gonzalo.
(b) Run away.
(c) Look for Ferdinand
(d) Assassinate Alonso.
4. How does one character finally get Caliban to calm down in Act II, Scene II?
(a) By giving him money.
(b) By giving Caliban wine.
(c) By singing him a song.
(d) By saying nice things to Caliban.
5. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise to Ariel for the second time?
(a) To free him once he completes Prospero's orders.
(b) To put him back in the tree if he does not obey.
(c) To bring him back to Milan with Prospero.
(d) To allow him to marry Miranda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prospero do at the end of Act III, Scene I?
2. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
3. What does Caliban believe Trinculo to be?
4. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
5. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)