|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonio offer to do in order to persuade Sebastian to go along with the plan?
(a) He promises to keep it a secret and never tell anyone.
(b) He offers to kill Alonso and have Sebastian kill Gonzalo.
(c) He promises he will not try to assassinate Sebastian once he is king.
(d) He offers to kill Gonzalo and have Sebastian kill Alonso.
2. Who wants to take over the throne of Naples?
3. What does Ferdinand say about Miranda in comparison to all of the women he has encountered?
(a) That she is much nicer than the other women.
(b) That she is simple-minded and not as exotic.
(c) That she would not understand royal life.
(d) That he has never met one as beautiful as she.
4. What does Miranda offer to Ferdinand while he is working?
(a) To show him Prospero's magical books.
(b) To work in Ferdinand's place.
(c) To bring him some food and water.
(d) To talk to Prospero for him.
5. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
2. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
3. Why does Stephano believe that Caliban and Trinculo are some sort of wild beasts when he sees them under the blanket?
4. What does Ferdinand protest when Prospero accuses him of wanting to take over the island?
5. Who leads Ferdinand to Prospero?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)