|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miranda first meets Ferdinand, she believes he is
(a) A king.
(b) A thief.
(c) A spirit.
(d) A peasant.
2. What is one of the things Caliban promises to Stephano and Trinculo in his drunken state?
(a) To lead them back home.
(b) To show them the magical secrets of the island.
(c) That he will take them to their ship.
(d) That he will protect them from harm.
3. Alonso's son is
4. Who chastises Alonso for allowing his daughter to marry an African?
5. What is one way in which Ferdinand's life differs from Miranda's?
(a) He is more educated than Miranda.
(b) He is not used to manual labor as much as she is.
(c) He understands what it means to be royalty, while she does not.
(d) He has encountered many women, while she has encountered few men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
2. At the beginning of Act III, Scene I, what does Prospero have Ferdinand doing?
3. Ferdinand is surprised by Miranda, because she
4. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
5. Who leads Ferdinand to Prospero?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)