|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miranda do when Ferdinand confesses his love for her?
(d) Runs away.
2. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
(a) That it will spite Alonso and any plans he had for his son.
(b) That it is a good union that will bring Naples and Milan together.
(c) That it will finally get him and his daughter off of the island.
(d) It is not specifically defined.
3. How does one character finally get Caliban to calm down in Act II, Scene II?
(a) By saying nice things to Caliban.
(b) By giving him money.
(c) By giving Caliban wine.
(d) By singing him a song.
4. The ship passengers' increasing fear and anxiety are the result of
(a) Something they ate.
(b) Ariel's illusions.
(c) Landing on a strange island.
(d) The ship breaking apart.
5. Although the ship passengers believe the ship is gone, it is actually
(b) At another island.
(c) At the bottom of the sea.
(d) On fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miranda urge Ferdinand to do while he is working?
2. What does Miranda impulsively do in Act III, Scene I?
3. Who thwarts Antonio's and Sebastian's plan in Act II, Scene I?
4. Ferdinand is surprised by Miranda, because she
5. Alonso is the king of
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)