|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the scene between Stephano, Trinculo and Caliban provide to the reader?
(a) Comic relief.
(b) Enlightening insight.
(d) Frightening tension.
2. Caliban wanted to populate the island with
(a) His children.
(b) Coconut trees.
(c) Other spirits.
3. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
(a) His people are sympathetic and pitied them.
(b) His people are peaceful and not aggressive.
(c) His people would have then killed Antonio.
(d) His people loved him and would resent Antonio for the murder.
4. What does Miranda urge Ferdinand to do while he is working?
(a) To not work so hard.
(b) To run away.
(c) To leave her alone.
(d) To work harder.
5. What does Ferdinand protest when Prospero accuses him of wanting to take over the island?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His innocence.
(c) His right to the island as Prince of Naples.
(d) His social status.
Short Answer Questions
1. The beginning of The Tempest takes place
2. What keeps Ferdinand going as he does Prospero's work?
3. The two men who retreat to their cabins during the storm are
4. What is the strange noise that Gonzalo claims he heard?
5. Who wants to take over the throne of Naples?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)