|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
2. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
(a) His people would have then killed Antonio.
(b) His people loved him and would resent Antonio for the murder.
(c) His people are peaceful and not aggressive.
(d) His people are sympathetic and pitied them.
3. Ferdinand is surprised by Miranda, because she
(a) Thinks he is a spirit.
(b) Has a magical father.
(c) Speaks his language.
(d) Is so beautiful.
4. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
(a) his kingdom.
(b) his men.
(c) his daughter.
(d) his sanity.
5. What is one way in which Ferdinand's life differs from Miranda's?
(a) He is not used to manual labor as much as she is.
(b) He has encountered many women, while she has encountered few men.
(c) He is more educated than Miranda.
(d) He understands what it means to be royalty, while she does not.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Trinculo hide underneath Caliban's robes?
2. Who lulls the lords searching for Ferdinand into a deep sleep during their banter?
3. The only nobleman who has a calm and positive attitude during the storm at sea is
4. Who chastises Alonso for allowing his daughter to marry an African?
5. What is one thing about Caliban that Stephano finds amazing?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)