|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antonio castigates the Boatswain during the storm, because he believes the sailors are
2. Why does Ariel leave Antonio and Sebastian awake?
(a) Prospero meant for them to be awake.
(b) Ariel took pity on them.
(c) Ariel wanted to go against Prospero's orders.
(d) Prospero forgot about them.
3. As Caliban becomes drunk, what is one of the things he promises to Trinculo and Stephano?
(a) He promises to help mend their clothes.
(b) He promises to serve them.
(c) He promises to help them off of the island.
(d) He promises to leave them alone.
4. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) He tells him how much fun it is to be a king.
(b) He describes the riches he will gain as the king of Naples.
(c) He tells him that they can combine powers once he is king of Naples.
(d) He explains how much he benefited from taking Prospero's throne.
5. Trinculo views Caliban's willingness to serve as a sign of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
2. Who wants to take over the throne of Naples?
3. Who ties to calm down Caliban in Act II, Scene II?
4. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero turned his duties over to
5. What does Sebastian wonder about Antonio and his usurpation of Prospero's throne?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)