|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the scene between Stephano, Trinculo and Caliban provide to the reader?
(b) Frightening tension.
(c) Comic relief.
(d) Enlightening insight.
2. The only two men Miranda has seen prior to meeting Ferdinand are
(a) Prospero and Trinculo.
(b) Prospero and Caliban.
(c) Prospero and Gonzalo.
(d) Prospero and Ferdinand.
3. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero was more interested in
4. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise to Ariel for the second time?
(a) To bring him back to Milan with Prospero.
(b) To allow him to marry Miranda.
(c) To put him back in the tree if he does not obey.
(d) To free him once he completes Prospero's orders.
5. Who is watching Ferdinand and Miranda from a distance in Act III, Scene I?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Act II, Scene II opens, what is Caliban doing?
2. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
3. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
4. Prospero gained his power from his books and
5. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)