|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miranda urge Ferdinand to do while he is working?
(a) To work harder.
(b) To leave her alone.
(c) To run away.
(d) To not work so hard.
2. Who wants to take over the throne of Naples?
3. Prospero's magical power comes from
(a) The trees.
(b) His staff.
(d) His books.
4. What is the strange noise that Gonzalo claims he heard?
(a) Alonso talking in his sleep.
(b) Twigs breaking.
(c) Ariel's singing.
(d) Antonio's and Sebastian's whispering.
5. What is Caliban happiest about after he meets Trinculo and Stephano?
(a) That the two men are not more torturous spirits.
(b) That he has made new friends.
(c) That he now knows what wine is.
(d) That he is free from Prospero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferdinand protest when Prospero accuses him of wanting to take over the island?
2. What does Trinculo believe Caliban to be?
3. When Miranda first meets Ferdinand, she believes he is
4. Who ties to calm down Caliban in Act II, Scene II?
5. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise Ariel yet again?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)