|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act III, Scene I, what does Prospero have Ferdinand doing?
(a) Mending his clothes.
(b) Building a fire.
(c) Stacking firewood.
(d) Preparing food.
2. What does Miranda do in response to Ferdinand's declaration of his love for her?
(a) She tells him that she does not feel the same.
(b) She becomes frightened and calls Prospero.
(c) She offers to marry him.
(d) She lets him go free.
3. Prospero gained his power from his books and
(a) The island.
(b) The boat.
4. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
(a) His people loved him and would resent Antonio for the murder.
(b) His people are peaceful and not aggressive.
(c) His people are sympathetic and pitied them.
(d) His people would have then killed Antonio.
5. The ship passengers' increasing fear and anxiety are the result of
(a) Ariel's illusions.
(b) Something they ate.
(c) The ship breaking apart.
(d) Landing on a strange island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miranda regret doing while talking to Ferdinand?
2. Prospero's magical power comes from
3. What is one of the things Caliban promises to Stephano and Trinculo in his drunken state?
4. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
5. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)