|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trinculo views Caliban's willingness to serve as a sign of what?
2. Who chastises Alonso for allowing his daughter to marry an African?
3. What does Ferdinand protest when Prospero accuses him of wanting to take over the island?
(a) His right to the island as Prince of Naples.
(b) His innocence.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His social status.
4. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
(a) Because she is concerned about the people on the ship.
(b) Because she wants to hear a story.
(c) Because she wants to know where they came from.
(d) Because she has always asked him about it.
5. What is one way in which Ferdinand's life differs from Miranda's?
(a) He has encountered many women, while she has encountered few men.
(b) He is more educated than Miranda.
(c) He understands what it means to be royalty, while she does not.
(d) He is not used to manual labor as much as she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not lulled to sleep in Act II, Scene I?
2. What does Sebastian wonder about Antonio and his usurpation of Prospero's throne?
3. What does Miranda do in response to Ferdinand's declaration of his love for her?
4. Why does Ariel leave Antonio and Sebastian awake?
5. As Caliban becomes drunk, what is one of the things he promises to Trinculo and Stephano?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)