Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Prospero conjure the spirits to dance for Ferdinand and Miranda?
(a) He saw Ferdinand getting too close to Miranda.
(b) He was bored and wanted the entertainment.
(c) He wanted to display his power to Ferdinand.
(d) He wanted to surprise them with an early wedding gift.
2. Prospero tells Miranda that in order to usurp his power, Antonio allied himself with
3. Why does Stephano believe that Caliban and Trinculo are some sort of wild beasts when he sees them under the blanket?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He has little education.
(c) He is ignorant.
(d) He has bad vision.
4. When Miranda first meets Ferdinand, she believes he is
(a) A thief.
(b) A peasant.
(c) A king.
(d) A spirit.
5. What is one thing about Caliban that Stephano finds amazing?
(a) His garish robe.
(b) His willingness to serve.
(c) His stupidity.
(d) His ability to talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are "the rabble"?
2. What does Miranda offer to Ferdinand while he is working?
3. What is the banquet supposed to elicit in the men?
4. What does Miranda do in response to Ferdinand's declaration of his love for her?
5. In Act IV, Scene I, how is Prospero feeling toward Caliban?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)