Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Trinculo hide underneath Caliban's robes?
(a) He wants to be safe from the island's spirits.
(b) He heard noises in the distance and is afraid.
(c) Caliban promises to protect him.
(d) He hears thunder and thinks another storm is coming.
2. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
(a) His people are sympathetic and pitied them.
(b) His people would have then killed Antonio.
(c) His people loved him and would resent Antonio for the murder.
(d) His people are peaceful and not aggressive.
3. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise to Ariel for the second time?
(a) To allow him to marry Miranda.
(b) To put him back in the tree if he does not obey.
(c) To bring him back to Milan with Prospero.
(d) To free him once he completes Prospero's orders.
4. Prospero and Miranda were given provisions and books on the boat by
5. Who assures Miranda that Ferdinand is a man and not a spirit?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does one character finally get Caliban to calm down in Act II, Scene II?
2. Gonzalo's attempt to comfort his king are mocked by whom?
3. Why does Stephano believe that Caliban and Trinculo are some sort of wild beasts when he sees them under the blanket?
4. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
5. What is one thing about Caliban that Stephano finds amazing?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)