|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ship passengers' increasing fear and anxiety are the result of
(a) Something they ate.
(b) Ariel's illusions.
(c) The ship breaking apart.
(d) Landing on a strange island.
2. Why does Prospero conjure the spirits to dance for Ferdinand and Miranda?
(a) He wanted to display his power to Ferdinand.
(b) He saw Ferdinand getting too close to Miranda.
(c) He wanted to surprise them with an early wedding gift.
(d) He was bored and wanted the entertainment.
3. What does Ariel ask Prospero before going to fetch Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
(a) If Prospero loves Ariel.
(b) If Prospero will teach Ariel magic.
(c) Why Prospero is doing all of this.
(d) What should Ariel dress up as this time.
4. Who wants to take over the throne of Naples?
5. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
(a) Earlier works.
(b) Later works.
(c) Modern works.
(d) Romantic works.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Caliban talk about at length to Stephano?
2. What motif does the scene between Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano and their assassination plan reflect?
3. What does Prospero say in his soliloquy about Miranda and Ferdinand?
4. Alonso's son is
5. What is Caliban happiest about after he meets Trinculo and Stephano?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)