|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Trinculo hide underneath Caliban's robes?
(a) Caliban promises to protect him.
(b) He heard noises in the distance and is afraid.
(c) He hears thunder and thinks another storm is coming.
(d) He wants to be safe from the island's spirits.
2. In Act IV, Scene I, how is Prospero feeling toward Caliban?
(a) Prospero feels betrayed by Caliban.
(b) Prospero is disgusted with Caliban.
(c) Prospero wants to befriend Caliban.
(d) Prospero feels sorry for Caliban.
3. Gonzalo's attempt to comfort his king are mocked by whom?
(a) Sebastian, Adrian and Alonso.
(b) Antonio, Sebastian and Adrian
(c) Antonio, Sebastian and Alonso.
(d) Antonio, Adrian and Alonso.
4. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
(a) He is everything he had hoped he would be.
(b) He is too old for his daughter.
(c) He will force Ferdinand into servitude.
(d) He will have him duel with Caliban.
5. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
(a) Trinculo and Stephano.
(b) Caliban and Trinculo.
(c) Trinculo and Ariel.
(d) Caliban and Ariel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In speaking to Stephano, what does Caliban describe as very important?
2. Caliban wanted to populate the island with
3. As Caliban becomes drunk, what is one of the things he promises to Trinculo and Stephano?
4. Ferdinand is surprised by Miranda, because she
5. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)