|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ferdinand protest when Prospero accuses him of wanting to take over the island?
(a) His social status.
(b) His innocence.
(c) His right to the island as Prince of Naples.
(d) His intelligence.
2. What does Trinculo believe Caliban to be?
(a) A fish.
(b) A prisoner.
(c) A spirit.
(d) A boar.
3. Antonio thinks the Boatswain is being rude by not adhering to his
4. How does Ariel appear to the men during the banquet?
(a) As himself.
(b) Dressed like Prospero.
(c) In a monstrous disguise.
(d) Dressed like a nymph.
5. What does Miranda tell Ferdinand after he meets Prospero for the first time?
(a) Prospero is usually much kinder.
(b) Prospero is planning to kill him.
(c) Prospero wants them to marry.
(d) Prospero wants to kill Ferdinand's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What motif does the scene between Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano and their assassination plan reflect?
2. Who is not lulled to sleep in Act II, Scene I?
3. As Caliban becomes drunk, what is one of the things he promises to Trinculo and Stephano?
4. What does Miranda do when Ferdinand confesses his love for her?
5. Who does Prospero feel betrayed by in Act IV, Scene I?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)