|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The beginning of The Tempest takes place
(a) In Milan.
(b) At sea.
(c) In Tunis.
(d) At a wedding ceremony.
2. Why does Miranda urge Ferdinand not to work so hard?
(a) He will overtire too soon.
(b) It upsets her seeing him like that.
(c) He will hurt himself.
(d) She wants him to spend time with her.
3. What is the banquet supposed to elicit in the men?
4. At the beginning of Act IV, Scene I, what does Prospero tell Ferdinand?
(a) He will never be allowed to marry Miranda.
(b) He will teach him magic from his books.
(c) He has more chores for him to do.
(d) The trials he has endured were tests of love.
5. Why do Sebastian and Antonio vow to help Alonso find Ferdinand following the banquet?
(a) They want to make amends for past deeds.
(b) They wish to carry out their murderous plan.
(c) They do not want to separate from the group.
(d) They feel guilty and now wish to help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
2. Who does Caliban talk about at length to Stephano?
3. In order to render Ferdinand defenseless after he draws his sword, Prospero
4. What does Prospero order Ariel to do when Stephano, Trinculo and Caliban run off?
5. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)