|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says: "We are such stuff/As dreams are made on"?
2. What does Antonio offer to do in order to persuade Sebastian to go along with the plan?
(a) He promises to keep it a secret and never tell anyone.
(b) He offers to kill Alonso and have Sebastian kill Gonzalo.
(c) He offers to kill Gonzalo and have Sebastian kill Alonso.
(d) He promises he will not try to assassinate Sebastian once he is king.
3. Why does Prospero conjure the spirits to dance for Ferdinand and Miranda?
(a) He wanted to display his power to Ferdinand.
(b) He saw Ferdinand getting too close to Miranda.
(c) He was bored and wanted the entertainment.
(d) He wanted to surprise them with an early wedding gift.
4. Who are "the rabble"?
(a) Gonzalo, Miranda and Ferdinand.
(b) Stephano, Trinculo and Caliban.
(c) Ariel, Prospero and Miranda.
(d) Alonso, Antonio and Sebastian.
5. By the beginning of Act III, Scene II, what is the state of Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
Short Answer Questions
1. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
2. When Miranda first meets Ferdinand, she believes he is
3. Who is watching Ferdinand and Miranda from a distance in Act III, Scene I?
4. What do Ariel and Prospero do to disguise themselves from Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
5. Who ties to calm down Caliban in Act II, Scene II?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)