|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caliban happiest about after he meets Trinculo and Stephano?
(a) That the two men are not more torturous spirits.
(b) That he is free from Prospero.
(c) That he has made new friends.
(d) That he now knows what wine is.
2. What does Miranda regret doing while talking to Ferdinand?
(a) Going against her father's wishes.
(b) Not acting ladylike.
(c) Offering to help him.
(d) Telling him her name.
3. Who does Caliban talk about at length to Stephano?
4. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
(a) His people are sympathetic and pitied them.
(b) His people loved him and would resent Antonio for the murder.
(c) His people are peaceful and not aggressive.
(d) His people would have then killed Antonio.
5. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) He tells him how much fun it is to be a king.
(b) He explains how much he benefited from taking Prospero's throne.
(c) He tells him that they can combine powers once he is king of Naples.
(d) He describes the riches he will gain as the king of Naples.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the scene in which Caliban plans the assassination is somewhat poetic and shows the depth of Caliban?
2. Why does Prospero want the men to see a banquet and then have it taken away?
3. What does Ferdinand protest when Prospero accuses him of wanting to take over the island?
4. In Act IV, Scene I, Prospero's speech mirrors that of which other character?
5. Gonzalo's attempt to comfort his king are mocked by whom?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)