|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the scene between Stephano, Trinculo and Caliban provide to the reader?
(a) Frightening tension.
(b) Comic relief.
(c) Enlightening insight.
2. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
(a) Earlier works.
(b) Later works.
(c) Modern works.
(d) Romantic works.
3. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
(a) Caliban and Trinculo.
(b) Trinculo and Stephano.
(c) Trinculo and Ariel.
(d) Caliban and Ariel.
4. Why does Ferdinand not want Miranda to help him with his work?
(a) Because it is too hard for her.
(b) Because she has never done it before.
(c) Because he wants to show off for her.
(d) Because she is too young.
5. At the beginning of Act IV, Scene I, what does Prospero tell Ferdinand?
(a) The trials he has endured were tests of love.
(b) He will never be allowed to marry Miranda.
(c) He will teach him magic from his books.
(d) He has more chores for him to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the scene in which Caliban plans the assassination is somewhat poetic and shows the depth of Caliban?
2. Prospero gained his power from his books and
3. What sound does Prospero conjure to frighten Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban?
4. What is Caliban happiest about after he meets Trinculo and Stephano?
5. In speaking to Stephano, what does Caliban describe as very important?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)