|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound does Prospero conjure to frighten Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban?
(a) Screams of the other men.
(b) The sound of hunting dogs.
(c) Whispers in the forest.
(d) The sound of cracking thunder.
2. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
3. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
(a) He will have him duel with Caliban.
(b) He is everything he had hoped he would be.
(c) He will force Ferdinand into servitude.
(d) He is too old for his daughter.
4. The two men who retreat to their cabins during the storm are
(a) Alonso and Ferdinand.
(b) Antonio and Gonzalo.
(c) Alonso and Gonzalo.
(d) Alonso and Antonio.
5. Trinculo views Caliban's willingness to serve as a sign of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Prospero conjure the spirits to dance for Ferdinand and Miranda?
2. What spirits does Prospero conjure after blessing Ferdinand and Miranda's marriage?
3. What keeps Ferdinand going as he does Prospero's work?
4. In his soliloquy in Act IV, Scene I, what does Prospero insinuate a personal connection to?
5. Who leads Ferdinand to Prospero?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)