|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ferdinand not want Miranda to help him with his work?
(a) Because he wants to show off for her.
(b) Because she is too young.
(c) Because she has never done it before.
(d) Because it is too hard for her.
2. In speaking to Stephano, what does Caliban describe as very important?
(a) Prospero's books.
(b) Taking over the island.
(c) Learning how to fight.
3. What does Prospero say in his soliloquy about Miranda and Ferdinand?
(a) He is pleased with their growing relationship.
(b) He is displeased with their growing relationship.
(c) They are young and foolish.
(d) He does not care about their relationship.
4. What does Prospero do at the end of Act III, Scene I?
(a) Tells Ariel he will free him.
(b) Sends torturous spirits to Caliban.
(c) Returns to studying his magic book.
(d) Goes looking for Antonio.
5. Why does Miranda urge Ferdinand not to work so hard?
(a) He will overtire too soon.
(b) He will hurt himself.
(c) She wants him to spend time with her.
(d) It upsets her seeing him like that.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago was Antonio's usurpation of Prospero's throne in Milan?
2. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
3. When Trinculo and Stephano wonder where the music is coming from, what is Caliban's reasoning?
4. How does Ariel appear to the men during the banquet?
5. In his soliloquy in Act IV, Scene I, what does Prospero insinuate a personal connection to?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)