|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alonso believe, following the false banquet, that Ferdinand is dead?
(a) Because they would have found him by now.
(b) Because he is a corrupt and evil king.
(c) Because the dancing spirits showed him Ferdinand's dead body.
(d) Because he played a role in Prospero's and Miranda's banishment.
2. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) He explains how much he benefited from taking Prospero's throne.
(b) He tells him that they can combine powers once he is king of Naples.
(c) He describes the riches he will gain as the king of Naples.
(d) He tells him how much fun it is to be a king.
3. Which of the lords is the only person who tries comforting Alonso, who believes his son is gone?
4. What does Trinculo want to do with Caliban in order to make money?
(a) Have him steal from Prospero.
(b) Show him off to the public.
(c) Have him steal from Antonio.
(d) Sell him off as a slave.
5. Why does Prospero want the men to see a banquet and then have it taken away?
(a) So that they will starve.
(b) To allow Ariel to feel what power is like.
(c) To exert his own power over them.
(d) To show them that their power is fleeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What motif does the scene between Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano and their assassination plan reflect?
2. When Act II, Scene II opens, what is Caliban doing?
3. Why does Prospero conjure the spirits to dance for Ferdinand and Miranda?
4. How does one character finally get Caliban to calm down in Act II, Scene II?
5. Why does Prospero abruptly stop the marriage ceremony and change his mood?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)