|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distracts Trinculo and Stephano from their original plan?
(a) Their fear of the island spirit Caliban spoke of.
(b) The mysterious sounds in the forest.
(c) Caliban's distorted visage.
(d) The clothes Prospero set out, which they try on.
2. At the end of Act IV, Scene I, what does Prospero promise to Ariel after asking him to pursue Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban?
3. Why does Miranda urge Ferdinand not to work so hard?
(a) She wants him to spend time with her.
(b) He will hurt himself.
(c) He will overtire too soon.
(d) It upsets her seeing him like that.
4. What does Miranda do in response to Ferdinand's declaration of his love for her?
(a) She becomes frightened and calls Prospero.
(b) She offers to marry him.
(c) She tells him that she does not feel the same.
(d) She lets him go free.
5. What spirits does Prospero conjure after blessing Ferdinand and Miranda's marriage?
(a) Juno, Iris and Ceres.
(b) Ariel, Iris and Ceres.
(c) Sycorax, Juno and Iris.
(d) Sycoraz, Ceres and Iris.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero turned his duties over to
2. What motif does the scene between Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano and their assassination plan reflect?
3. Who are "the rabble"?
4. What does Ferdinand protest when Prospero accuses him of wanting to take over the island?
5. When Act II, Scene II opens, what is Caliban doing?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)