|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sebastian wonder about Antonio and his usurpation of Prospero's throne?
(a) How hard it is to be the king.
(b) If it plagues his conscience.
(c) If he is as courageous as Antonio.
(d) If Antonio will do it to him.
2. What does Ferdinand say about Miranda in comparison to all of the women he has encountered?
(a) That she would not understand royal life.
(b) That he has never met one as beautiful as she.
(c) That she is much nicer than the other women.
(d) That she is simple-minded and not as exotic.
3. What are Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban arguing about in their drunken stupor?
(a) Where the ship has gone.
(b) How they will kill Prospero.
(c) Which one of them will marry Miranda.
(d) Whether or not they have been fooled by the island spirit.
4. The only nobleman who has a calm and positive attitude during the storm at sea is
5. What is Caliban happiest about after he meets Trinculo and Stephano?
(a) That the two men are not more torturous spirits.
(b) That he now knows what wine is.
(c) That he has made new friends.
(d) That he is free from Prospero.
Short Answer Questions
1. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
2. Alonso is the king of
3. What is the parallel to Trinculo and Stephano dressing up in borrowed clothes?
4. Prospero gives Ferdinand a hard time in order to
5. Why do Sebastian and Antonio vow to help Alonso find Ferdinand following the banquet?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)