|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
2. In order to render Ferdinand defenseless after he draws his sword, Prospero
(a) threatens to take Miranda away.
(b) uses his magic to send him back to the ship.
(c) uses his magic to immobilize him.
(d) talks to him sensibly.
3. Alonso is the king of
4. Who is not lulled to sleep in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Alonso and Sebastian.
(b) Gonzalo and Sebastian.
(c) Antonio and Sebastian.
(d) Antonio and Gonzalo.
5. What does Gonzalo contrast to the character of his present company during the banquet?
(a) The dancing spirits Prospero conjures.
(b) Trinculo, Caliban and Stephano.
(d) Miranda and Ferdinand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alonso's daughter was married in
2. Antonio thinks the Boatswain is being rude by not adhering to his
3. While discussing the plan with Caliban, what is Stephano's main objective?
4. How long ago was Antonio's usurpation of Prospero's throne in Milan?
5. What distracts Trinculo and Stephano from their original plan?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)