|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prospero seeks revenge against
(a) Alonso and Ferdinand.
(b) Antonio, Alonso and Sebastian.
(c) Antonio and Gonzalo.
(d) Antonio and Sebastian.
2. What does Prospero do at the end of Act III, Scene I?
(a) Sends torturous spirits to Caliban.
(b) Tells Ariel he will free him.
(c) Returns to studying his magic book.
(d) Goes looking for Antonio.
3. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
4. What is the parallel to Trinculo and Stephano dressing up in borrowed clothes?
(a) Prospero's borrowing of Ferdinand.
(b) Antonio's and Sebastian's borrowed power.
(c) Ariel borrowing Prospero's magical powers.
(d) Caliban borrowing the men's wine.
5. When awakened, Alonso asks Sebastian and Antonio why they have their swords drawn. What is their excuse?
(a) They heard something and were preparing to protect everyone.
(b) They were seeing whose sword was bigger.
(c) They were having a heated argument.
(d) They were practicing their swordsmanship.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act II, Scene II, what is Caliban doing?
2. What does Miranda urge Ferdinand to do while he is working?
3. At the end of Act IV, Scene I, what does Prospero promise to Ariel after asking him to pursue Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban?
4. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero turned his duties over to
5. What does Antonio offer to do in order to persuade Sebastian to go along with the plan?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)