|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
(a) In three days.
(b) In a week.
(c) Two days.
(d) In one day.
2. How does Prospero's speech differ from his normal speech?
(a) It does not differ from his normal speech.
(b) It is more poetic.
(c) It is deluded and illogical.
(d) It is forthcoming.
3. Although coming from different worlds, Miranda and Ferdinand are similar because of their
(a) Moral beliefs.
4. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
(a) She has only ever seen Prospero and Caliban before him.
(b) He is a prince and will inherit the kingdom of Naples.
(c) He is intelligent and understands her.
(d) He treats her well and loves her.
5. The two men who retreat to their cabins during the storm are
(a) Alonso and Gonzalo.
(b) Alonso and Ferdinand.
(c) Alonso and Antonio.
(d) Antonio and Gonzalo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gonzalo's attempt to comfort his king are mocked by whom?
2. At the end of Act II, Scene II, what is Caliban doing?
3. Who is watching Ferdinand and Miranda from a distance in Act III, Scene I?
4. In Act IV, Scene I, Prospero's speech mirrors that of which other character?
5. Under what circumstances will Prospero curse Ferdinand's and Miranda's marriage?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)