|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caliban happiest about after he meets Trinculo and Stephano?
(a) That he is free from Prospero.
(b) That he has made new friends.
(c) That the two men are not more torturous spirits.
(d) That he now knows what wine is.
2. At the end of Act II, Scene II, what is Caliban doing?
(a) Singing happily.
(b) Building a fire.
(c) Cursing Stephano and Trinculo.
3. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
(a) His people are peaceful and not aggressive.
(b) His people would have then killed Antonio.
(c) His people are sympathetic and pitied them.
(d) His people loved him and would resent Antonio for the murder.
4. What does Miranda tell Ferdinand after he meets Prospero for the first time?
(a) Prospero wants them to marry.
(b) Prospero is usually much kinder.
(c) Prospero wants to kill Ferdinand's father.
(d) Prospero is planning to kill him.
5. Who chastises Alonso for allowing his daughter to marry an African?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ferdinand not want Miranda to help him with his work?
2. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
3. What does Miranda offer to Ferdinand while he is working?
4. Trinculo wants to take Caliban back to where?
5. At the beginning of Act III, Scene II, who does Caliban vow to serve?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)