|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miranda first meets Ferdinand, she believes he is
(a) A peasant.
(b) A thief.
(c) A spirit.
(d) A king.
2. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
(a) Two days.
(b) In three days.
(c) In a week.
(d) In one day.
3. What is the banquet supposed to elicit in the men?
4. Caliban believes the island is
(a) His birthright.
5. Why is Gonzalo's comments about the dancing nymphs important during the banquet scene?
(a) They show that Gonzalo is capable of lust.
(b) They help introduce new characters.
(c) They illuminate characteristics about the dancing nymphs.
(d) They illuminate the contrasting characteristics of Antonio and Sebastian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prospero tell the spirits to do?
2. When Trinculo and Stephano wonder where the music is coming from, what is Caliban's reasoning?
3. How long ago was Antonio's usurpation of Prospero's throne in Milan?
4. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
5. What motif does the scene between Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano and their assassination plan reflect?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)