|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
(a) He treats her well and loves her.
(b) He is a prince and will inherit the kingdom of Naples.
(c) He is intelligent and understands her.
(d) She has only ever seen Prospero and Caliban before him.
2. Which character says: "We are such stuff/As dreams are made on"?
3. In speaking to Stephano, what does Caliban describe as very important?
(a) Learning how to fight.
(c) Taking over the island.
(d) Prospero's books.
4. Why do Trinculo and Stephano threaten to beat Caliban?
(a) They believe he lost their bottles of wine.
(b) They believe he is lying to them about the island spirit.
(c) They think he is leading them in circles.
(d) They think he will back out of their plan to murder Prospero.
5. Why does Trinculo hide underneath Caliban's robes?
(a) He hears thunder and thinks another storm is coming.
(b) Caliban promises to protect him.
(c) He wants to be safe from the island's spirits.
(d) He heard noises in the distance and is afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago was Antonio's usurpation of Prospero's throne in Milan?
2. Why does Prospero want the men to see a banquet and then have it taken away?
3. Who chastises Alonso for allowing his daughter to marry an African?
4. What does Trinculo believe Caliban to be?
5. In Act IV, Scene I, how is Prospero feeling toward Caliban?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)