|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Prospero want the men to see a banquet and then have it taken away?
(a) So that they will starve.
(b) To exert his own power over them.
(c) To allow Ariel to feel what power is like.
(d) To show them that their power is fleeting.
2. When awakened, Alonso asks Sebastian and Antonio why they have their swords drawn. What is their excuse?
(a) They heard something and were preparing to protect everyone.
(b) They were practicing their swordsmanship.
(c) They were having a heated argument.
(d) They were seeing whose sword was bigger.
3. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
4. At the beginning of Act III, Scene II, who does Caliban vow to serve?
5. Prior to Prospero releasing him, Ariel was stuck for twelve years in a
Short Answer Questions
1. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
2. What does Miranda regret doing while talking to Ferdinand?
3. Which character says: "We are such stuff/As dreams are made on"?
4. Prospero accuses Ferdinand of
5. What is the parallel to Trinculo and Stephano dressing up in borrowed clothes?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)