|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trinculo views Caliban's willingness to serve as a sign of what?
2. What does Prospero tell the spirits to do?
(a) Distract Ferdinand from seeing Alonso.
(b) Distract Ferdinand while he speaks with Miranda.
(c) Teach Ferdinand and Miranda how to dance.
(d) Lecture Ferdinand and Miranda about chastity.
3. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
(a) His people are sympathetic and pitied them.
(b) His people loved him and would resent Antonio for the murder.
(c) His people would have then killed Antonio.
(d) His people are peaceful and not aggressive.
4. At the beginning of Act III, Scene II, who does Caliban vow to serve?
5. At the end of Act II, Scene II, what is Caliban doing?
(a) Singing happily.
(b) Building a fire.
(c) Cursing Stephano and Trinculo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ariel ask Prospero before going to fetch Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
2. Antonio thinks the Boatswain is being rude by not adhering to his
3. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
4. Why is Gonzalo's comments about the dancing nymphs important during the banquet scene?
5. Prospero seeks revenge against
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)